Thread: Abortions down 2/3 in Russia since year 2000

Abortions down 2/3 in Russia since year 2000

http://orthochristian.com/116806.html

Glory to God!

This is a clear indication of the Christian resurgence happening there since the communist/atheist yoke has been lifted.

God willing, a Christian resurgence will take hold in the West as well.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post

Glory to God!

This is a clear indication of the Christian resurgence happening there since the communist/atheist yoke has been lifted.

That's good news! Putin has been very concerned about the Russian population implosion and while he's a bad actor in a lot of ways he is pro family.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I think it was the Church there responsible for this drop in abortion (meaning the shepherding by the hierarchy and the will of the laity), and not Putin (who is not as bad an actor as the press would have you believe). In fact, as a powerful national leader, he is as Christian as they come nowadays.

IOW, The greater influence to this drop came from the Clergy and laity teaching and following the Christian message, not Putin trying to increase the population.
    Last edited by TER; 10-26-2018 at 06:47 AM.
    +

I think it was the Church there responsible for this drop in abortion (meaning the shepherding by the hierarchy and the will of the laity), and not Putin (who is not as bad an actor as the press would have you believe). In fact, as a powerful national leader, he is as Christian as they come nowadays.

IOW, The greater influence to this drop came from the Clergy and laity teaching and following the Christian message, not Putin trying to increase the population.
    I don't think these are mutually exclusive positions. Putin has been in dialog with Christian leaders over abortion. And he pushes a public policy that abortion is not good for the country at large.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/03...rtion-culture/

In contrast, while we have a lot of Christians in America, one of the two parties treats abortion like it was a sacrament. That attitude has, unfortunately, seeped into U.S. Christianity. I posted something on Facebook about a year or so ago, just a quote from Dr. Alveda King (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s daughter) about the effect of abortion on the black community. It wasn't legislation or anything. I got roundly attacked by other black Christians. One lady said "You can't tell me what to do with my body." I wasn't trying to. But I know this woman knows the verse that says "What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of God and you are not your own for you were bought with a price."

We live in a culture that does not value children. When something is not valued people look for a way to dispose of the excess.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

You are correct that these are not mutually exclusive. I understand that Putin makes the case from a demographic and political prism.

Putin is the leader of all Russians, Christian or not. So his push to decrease abortion is not merely a moral one, but a political one.

The religious drive by the Church to decrease abortions is a strictly moral one, and both the Church and the State are allies in this endeavor, as they should be. Thus the two headed eagle which has been the emblem from the Byzantine Empire that whilethe State and the Church should be divided and separate (the one concerned for the heavenly matters and the other for earthly matters), they should work together on issues of agreement to improve the lives of the people of God.

That is why the Byzantine Empire lasted over a thousand years before being stabbed in the back by the Papal armies and finally succumbing to the Islamic invaders (of course, the Empire had their own internal problems which contributed).
    +

http://fortune.com/2017/12/14/vladim...ss-conference/

Guess What? Vladimir Putin Is a Pro-Choice Champion

Maybe it’s the old Communist in him, maybe he’s always been a closet feminist, or maybe it’s because he just doesn’t want to annoy half of the country’s voters four months before he runs for re-election. Whatever the reason, Russian President Vladimir Putin finally came out as pro-choice on Thursday.

“In the modern world, the decision is up to the woman herself,” Russia’s president said in his annual marathon press conference on Wednesday, which ran to just shy of four hours. Any attempt to suppress it, he added, would only push the practice underground, causing immense damage to women’s health.

Putin also cautioned against tightening the country’s historically liberal laws on abortion any further, saying that any decision on future regulation “must be careful, considered and based on the general mood in society and the moral and ethical norms that have developed in society.”

Putin’s comments—his first clear statement on the issue in 17 years of effectively uninterrupted rule—put a dampener on an increasingly vocal contingent of Russian society that is trying to restrict abortion. That movement, led in part by the Russian Orthodox Church, cites both the moral imperative of protecting unborn life, and the more pragmatic one of sustaining a national birth rate that slumped in the chaos that followed the collapse of the Soviet Union. Russia’s fertility rate dropped from 17 live births per 1,000 population in 1986 to only 8 by the year 2000.
    More at link.

Right Zippy. He is saying that it is up to society and their ethical norms to dictate rather than using first the power of the state. That will just pit the government against the people.

And he is saying that knowing very well that it is the job of the Church to instill those moral norms, and not the state. Only later does the state get involved, to enforce the will of the people.

Pretty smart position, actually, for a political leader.

Again demonstrating how he is playing chess while the ‘progressive’ leaders in the West are playing checkers.
    Last edited by TER; 10-26-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    +

Funny Zippy that you would criticize Putin when I would bet my house that you yourself are pro-abortion. Amirite?

But of course, hypocrisy is par for the course for both ‘progressive’ liberals and shills.
    +

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Putin's position on abortion is sensible

Glory to God!

This is good news to anyone not under the influence of the death cult.
    "The Patriarch"