Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul on Face the Nation on Sunday 2/12/12

his audience is also old, and Ron will pick up some votes there.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    his audience is also old, and Ron will pick up some votes there.
    Could we henceforth use "older" instead of "old?."

Thanks.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Calling Ron Paul an isolationist is like calling your neighbor a hermit, because he doesn't come over your property and break your windows. - Dave Hebel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://freedom4um.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Could we henceforth use "older" instead of "old?."

Thanks.
    Old = 35+ right? At least until I'm in my 30s :P

Watched Santorum at 10:00 on This Week and then watched Paul at 10:30 on Face the Shill.

As interviewers do on these shows, some absurd questions were asked. Santorum laughed a lot, and was even asked by the George the Greek, "Why are you laughing?. This is Santorum's defensive mechanism. Ron on the other hand, does not let the bad questions get to him. He maintains and even keel. That's presidential. If there were sunday morning viewer's like me today, they will notice this too.

Quote Originally Posted by neverseen View Post
    Old = 35+ right? At least until I'm in my 30s :P
    I guess that makes me a geriatric
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisMarion View Post
    Watched Santorum at 10:00 on This Week and then watched Paul at 10:30 on Face the Shill.

As interviewers do on these shows, some absurd questions were asked. Santorum laughed a lot, and was even asked by the George the Greek, "Why are you laughing?. This is Santorum's defensive mechanism. Ron on the other hand, does not let the bad questions get to him. He maintains and even keel. That's presidential. If there were sunday morning viewer's like me today, they will notice this too.
    + rep for a great assessment.

I caught part of Santorum's interview as well. If nothing else it is a small take away that he isn't the only one who gets this treatment, just the one who receives it more than all the other candidates combined. Ironically, the opposite of what he deserves based upon his support from the military.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    I guess that makes me a geriatric
    By their standards, Ron Paul is a museum piece. I'm young enough to be his daughter if he'd started just a few years sooner. That would have been nice.... Old begins around age 85, by the way.

Ron Paul should have said no, Mitt Romney can not beat Obama with out my supporters, there for it should be my name on the front of the ticket.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really wish he'd stop entertaining all these questions about the other candidates and tell them if they want to know about them, they need to ask them. He came here to talk about what he is going to do to put America back on her feet.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

what i got out of this interview is why the f is ron paul pussy footin around about romney. He had at least 5 times he could of called out romney not being a conservative and ron paul did nothing. I see the problem now ron paul will not outright attack romney. This is at the root on why ron paul is not going to win! He had the chance to outright call out romney on the morning show and he said not a damn thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lE6Htee0sA<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lE6Htee0sA">

l
    et us all sing love songs to romney now kiss kiss
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 02-12-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I really wish he'd stop entertaining all these questions about the other candidates and tell them if they want to know about them, they need to ask them. He came here to talk about what he is going to do to put America back on her feet.
    how about attack romney the front runner. I now see the problem. Ron paul is gonna hand romney the gop nomination by allowing romney a free ride to convention. this song sums up ron paul on romney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lE6Htee0sA<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lE6Htee0sA">

The die has been cast people.. Romney has made a deal w Paul... Romney/Paul 2012..you heard it here first..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lE6Htee0sA<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lE6Htee0sA">

i
    think im falling in love with romney, ron paul should start singing some love ballads seriously wtf!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthbrooklyn View Post
    The die has been cast people.. Romney has made a deal w Paul... Romney/Paul 2012..you heard it here first..
    not on my f'in watch screw air supply http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lE6Htee0sA<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lE6Htee0sA">

So what do we make of that comment by Paul at the very end?

He basically said Yes, Romney can beat Obama but he also needs someone who also appeals to Democrats and Independents, and if people look at what I'm talking about, they'll see that that's me.

Am I crazy or did he not just basically say that Romney can win, but only if he puts Paul on the ticket?!

Quote Originally Posted by justatrey View Post
    So what do we make of that comment by Paul at the very end?

He basically said Yes, Romney can beat Obama but he also needs someone who also appeals to Democrats and Independents, and if people look at what I'm talking about, they'll see that that's me.

Am I crazy or did he not just basically say that Romney can win, but only if he puts Paul on the ticket?!
    don't expect much on the moneybomb feb 14th now . edit he had a few times he could of crushed romney on conservatism but he choose to make sure he could get a date with romney.
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 02-12-2012 at 10:50 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ever heard of rope a dope? Unless you have access to the inside of Ron Paul's head, maybe it would be best to quit guessing about plans that we know nothing about.

There are a lot of possibilites other than a deal to share the ticket. I think the chances that Paul would agree to such an arrangement are minute.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

that was the most demotivating interview i have ever heard ron paul give period!

Ron hinted he would be the VP. After talking about how he (Ron) could appeal to dems Ron said: "He (Romney) needs someone who can appeal to the democrats"

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    Ever heard of rope a dope? Unless you have access to the inside of Ron Paul's head, maybe it would be best to quit guessing about plans that we know nothing about.

There are a lot of possibilites other than a deal to share the ticket. I think the chances that Paul would agree to such an arrangement are minute.
    Believe me, until now I thought there was pretty much no chance of it ever happening. But I can't just ignore what he said there. I mean maybe he misspoke, but what he actually said was that Romney "needs someone" who appeals to Dems and Independents, and that he is that someone.

I was pretty much ignoring all the speculation about this until now, but when it's coming straight from Paul himself it's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Ron hinted he would be the VP. After talking about how he (Ron) could appeal to dems Ron said: "He (Romney) needs someone who can appeal to the democrats"
    He didn't say that. He said,

"he can beat Obama, but I think YOU also need someone who can appeal to Independents and Democrats, and if people look carefully at what I've been talking about, they will see that my message does have an appeal across the political spectrum."
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post

maybe the gop is driving me crazy. i have never been so angry in my life. I was a peace loving hippie until i reg republican. being a republican is starting to feel like being a moonie. i need to be kidnapped and decoded from being republican or something.

after that interview all i can think of is love songs for mittens, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgRfvWAZw5w<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgRfvWAZw5w">

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    Ron Paul should have said no, Mitt Romney can not beat Obama with out my supporters, there for it should be my name on the front of the ticket.
    Yeah Ron defended Romney WAAAAY to much considering this guy just cheated him out of a victory in Maine. Ron doesn't seem like a guy playing to win and that's disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post

"he can beat Obama, but I think YOU also need someone who can appeal to Independents and Democrats,... ."
    Yup, he said "you."

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Schieffer lobs Ron a softball "so your saying that what governor Romney's problem with conservatives is in fact that he is not a conservative".

Dr. Paul "well I think he's conservative in some ways....."

Fail.

Dr Paul can you please attack mitt and the others a little. Especially when they make it easy and set it up for you. Just say yes he isn't a conservative.

"he can beat Obama, but I think YOU also need someone who can appeal to Independents and Democrats, and if people look carefully at what I've been talking about, they will see that my message does have an appeal across the political spectrum."
    At the 7:56 mark he says HE.

He never should have said Romney could beat Obama, because he won't. The only way this shakes out is Obama or Paul in 2012 and to lay odds, I would have to say Obama 90%, Paul 10% chance at this point. This "NOBP" thing is not just a cliche anymore, the GOP is creating some major battle scares with us supporters that will never heal.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    At the 7:56 mark he says HE.
    The "He", is the "He" in the first word in this sentence. Yes, he said, He, but in the context you are saying.

"He can beat Obama, but I think YOU also need someone who can appeal to Independents and Democrats, and if people look carefully at what I've been talking about, they will see that my message does have an appeal across the political spectrum."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast