Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Republicans Captured A Higher Percentage Of Hispanic Voters In Midterms Than Trump Did In 2016

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It would resonate well with dannno and anyone else who still thinks that it's October, 2016.
    It wasn't true in October of 2016, Trump didn't have a government either.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I proved that you were using a strawman, nobody said "Let's hate all immigrants", you just made it up.
    I brought up the loss of Marie Love. She distanced herself from Trump based on the tenor of he rhetoric. Ron Paul doesn't support "millions of immigrants" being allowed to come here but he doesn't sound like an ass doing it. So no, I was not using a straw man. It fit the example I was talking about.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That is the only way to interpret what you said, since I didn't say "Hate all Immigrants" then you must have used that as hyperbola when referring to my insistence that we control immigration.
    I didn't say you did numb nuts.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I brought up the loss of Marie Love. She distanced herself from Trump based on the tenor of he rhetoric. Ron Paul doesn't support "millions of immigrants" being allowed to come here but he doesn't sound like an ass doing it. So no, I was not using a straw man. It fit the example I was talking about.
    NOBODY has said "Hate all immigrants" that is a strawman.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have always said that immigration should be limited by number so that assimilation can take place because philosophical restrictions aren't possible.

If philosophical restrictions were possible we could let in far more immigrants, there is no possible moral objection to choosing who we allow to join the group based on them sharing the founding principles of the group.
    How do you enforce assimilation? Education camps? Can they continue to do and think what they want- have free thought and action? If so, perhaps they will not assimilate. How do you determine when they are fully assimilated? Is there some sort of test? Is there a time limit and they are tossed out if they don't assimilate in a certain time? "#23 has now become fully assimilated. Allow in #436. Next!"

Welcome to 1984.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-12-2018 at 08:10 PM.

I didn't say you did numb nuts.
    The "let's hate all the immigrants" rhetoric hurts the very immigrants that try to come the GOP way (i.e. Marie Love) and becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
    Just who are we supposed to believe you were talking about?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    How do you enforce assimilation? Education camps? Can they continue to do and think what they want- have free thought and action? If so, perhaps they will not assimilate. How do you determine when they are fully assimilated? Is there a time limit and they are tossed out if they don't assimilate in a certain time? "#23 has now become fully assimilated. Allow in #436. Next!"

Welcome to 1984.
    Nobody said assimilation should be enforced, the fact that we can't and shouldn't enforce it just means that we must let in even fewer immigrants.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

NOBODY has said "Hate all immigrants" that is a strawman.
    Just who are we supposed to believe you were talking about?
    I was talking about general tone as opposed to any one statement. Compare the tone of Donald Trump to the tone of Ron Paul on immigration and get back to me.

I was talking about general tone as opposed to any one statement. Compare the tone of Donald Trump to the tone of Ron Paul on immigration and get back to me.
    You come into my thread and throw a strawman (it is a strawman, NOBODY is saying "hate all immigrants) at my position and then you think you can claim it wasn't aimed ate me?

LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nobody said assimilation should be enforced, the fact that we can't and shouldn't enforce it just means that we must let in even fewer immigrants.
    You claim you are not in favor of zero immigration yet your rules of requiring everybody to be assimilated means you will wait forever to let the next ones it since all people are different.

You claim you are not in favor of zero immigration yet your rules of requiring everybody to be assimilated means you will wait forever to let the next ones it since all people are different.
    Yet another ridiculous strawman.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yet another ridiculous strawman.
    If we had a checklist for what somebody let into the country must have, what would be on it?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If we had a checklist for what somebody let into the country must have, what would be on it?
    "When losing the argument attempt to bog them down in irrelevant details"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"When losing the argument attempt to bog them down in irrelevant details"
    "When losing, use "RINOS" , "Commies" and "Strawman!""

"When losing, use "RINOS" , "Commies" and "Strawman!""
    LOL
    RINOs and commies are real no matter how hard you try to deny it and your side started crying "strawman" first while using strawmen.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You come into my thread and throw a strawman (it is a strawman, NOBODY is saying "hate all immigrants) at my position and then you think you can claim it wasn't aimed ate me?

LOL
    Let's see. Why did Thoughtamator get his account suspended? Oh that's right. He called the shooting of a Jewish synagogue justifiable homicide because they were helping people who are going to destroy the country and kill everybody. I rest my case. And I didn't say you or anyone in this thread said that. I am talking about a general tone that hurt a republican congresswoman who descended from immigrants in her re-election bid.

Let's see. Why did Thoughtamator get his account suspended? Oh that's right. He called the shooting of a Jewish synagogue justifiable homicide because they were helping people who are going to destroy the country and kill everybody. I rest my case. And I didn't say you or anyone in this thread said that. I am talking about a general tone that hurt a republican congresswoman who descended from immigrants in her re-election bid.
    Even Thoughtamator didn't say to hate all immigrants and the claim that "hate all immigrants" has anything to do with this thread is a strawman and that strawman was aimed at me and my position.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123