Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Muslim Ban Is Logical, Moral, And Even Libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Everyone deserves liberty no matter their religion, as to restrict that is infringing upon liberty. But I think the risk in supporting that as a blanket statement is far greater than the reward,
    And there you have it. The same excuse used by every statist ever. The second statement completely and totally invalidates the first.

"I like liberty - as long as it's the type of liberty that I like!" Thanks for putting it so succinctly. The rest of the post was just a lame attempt at justifying that statement.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    This is a regurgitated collectivist falsehood.
    With some 2 billion Muslims in the world they are not all running around committing terrorists acts.
    Thor is improperly imputing a small radical subset of Sunni Islam called Wahhabi/Salafi to every individual Muslim worldwide.
    The perpetrators of terrorists acts overwhelmingly belong to Wahhabi/Salafi belief - which includes the various Al Qaeda organizations, ISIS, Mujaheddin/Taliban, etc.
    This Wahhabist are based out of Washington's BFF Saudi Arabia. They are and have been funded, promoted and supported by Saudi Arabia.
    Washington itself helped establish Al Qaeda as a funding network to support and recruit more radicals for its other creation Mujaheddin/Taliban.
    Washington helped establish and arm and fund ISIS for its geopolitical objectives.
    Washington helped spreading the radical ideology.

When you consider there are 2 billion Muslims in the world, proportionally (and likely in absolute numbers) there are far more Americans involved in terrorists acts (drone assassinations, bombing civilians, invading nations, regime change, creating funding and arming terrorists organizations, etc.). The belief system behind these terrorists acts happens to be the neocon philosophy. It is also the neocons' policies that have been creating, arming, funding and using these Wahhabi/Salafi terror organizations.
    Washington itself and the neocons are a greater "antithesis to Freedom and Liberty."

The alternative to a total ban on Muslims worldwide does not mean no vetting, no scrutiny and no limitations at all.

ON. THE. NOSE.

THIS RIDICULOUS HATE FOR THE SAKE OF HATE IS GETTING WAAAY OVER THE TOP.

Most people do not even recognize that there are more sects in the Muslim world as there are in the Christian. The Islam bashing is like blaming all Christians for the Westboro Baptist Church antics. I don't even know any Baptists that support that.

And I'd +rep you a zillion times, if I could.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    THIS RIDICULOUS HATE FOR THE SAKE OF HATE IS GETTING WAAAY OVER THE TOP.

Most people do not even recognize that there are more sects in the Muslim world as there are in the Christian. The Islam bashing is like blaming all Christians for the Westboro Baptist Church antics. I don't even know any Baptists that support that.
    Exactly. I'd even take it further by saying that even within those sects, there is a wide range of opinions and a wide range of what the individuals find acceptable. I'm sure there are more than a few members of Westboro, that may not like what they see in the world, but they'd never speak out or hold up a picket sign. Go figure - no matter how unified a collective tries to be, people are still individuals.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

One has to consider with some of the replies these last few pages whether this is an honest discussion with libertarians or biased anti-US Muslim activists.

Here is the continued posting pattern:

1. They always focus on blaming US intervention 100% of the time as the cause of Islamic terrorism without recognizing or room for recognizing the following issues below.

2. No recognition that the past cannot be undone and for risk management based on what they believe are past wrongs the US has committed. They always re-direct the conversation back to #1.

3. Absolutely no concern for radical Islam and jihadist immigration or retribution from what they believe from #1. They refocus the conversation back on #1.

4. No mention or concern for US victims or potential US victims. When it is brought up they always go right back to #1 and/or the victims of #1.

5. No concern over a statist authoritarian belief system masquerading as a religion and in some cases they make a moral equivalence to modern Christianity for which there is no Christian terrorism on the scale of radical Islam. Conversation is redirected back to #1.

6. Little to no concern of growing the welfare state due to immigration. Conversation is refocused back to #1.

7. No recognition that mass immigration of peoples with opposing ideology will make individual liberty or any form of living in a libertarian like society impossible in our life time. They refocus the conversation back on #1.

8. If someone points out that #1 is not entirely the issue and raises issues 2 to 7, they are immediately slammed as full of "hate", fearful, a Trump supporter as an epithet , called a Neocon, demeaned in some manner, or some other personal attack or falsely accused of a personal attack..

Ender in particular was provided this multiple times in this thread and will not refute it but rather continues the same posting behavior described above in this thread.
    Last edited by kahless; 11-07-2017 at 01:30 PM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    One has to consider with some of the replies these last few pages whether this is an honest discussion with libertarians or biased anti-US Muslim activists.

1. They always focus on blaming US intervention 100% of the time as the cause of Islamic terrorism without recognizing or room for recognizing the following issues below.

2. No recognition that the past cannot be undone and for risk management based on what they believe are past wrongs the US has committed. They always re-direct the conversation back to #1.

3. Absolutely no concern for radical Islam and jihadist immigration or retribution from what they believe from #1. They refocus the conversation back on #1.

4. No mention or concern for US victims or potential US victims. When it is brought up they always go right back to #1 and/or the victims of #1.

5. No concern over a statist authoritarian belief system masquerading as a religion and in some cases they make a moral equivalence to modern Christianity for which there is no Christian terrorism on the scale of radical Islam. Conversation is redirected back to #1.

6. Little to no concern of growing the welfare state due to immigration. Conversation is refocused back to #1.

7. No recognition that mass immigration of peoples with opposing ideology will make individual liberty or any form of living in a libertarian like society impossible in our life time. They refocus the conversation back on #1.

8. If someone points out that #1 is not entirely the issue and raises issues 2 to 7, they are immediately slammed as full of "hate", fearful, a Trump supporter as an epithet , called a Neocon, demeaned in some manner, or some other personal attack or falsely accused of a personal attack..

Ender in particular was provided this multiple times in this thread and will not refute it but rather continues the same posting behavior described above in this thread.
    LOL- I answered those points a couple of times but you refuse to read them and acknowledge what I have said. So basically you are accusing me of exactly what YOU do.

Let's try this again:

I stand with Ron Paul.

1. Get OUT of the ME and unconstitutional wars.
    2. Help countries we have destroyed.
    3. Get the alphabets out of the terrorism business.
    4. Again, #3, and absolutely no Minority Report allowed.
    5. Absolutely no worship of your god, the state.
    6. Get rid of entitlements.
    There is no spoon.

LOL- I answered those points a couple of times but you refuse to read them and acknowledge what I have said. So basically you are accusing me of exactly what YOU do.

Let's try this again:

I stand with Ron Paul.

1. Get OUT of the ME and unconstitutional wars.
    2. Help countries we have destroyed.
    3. Get the alphabets out of the terrorism business.
    4. Again, #3, and absolutely no Minority Report allowed.
    5. Absolutely no worship of your god, the state.
    6. Get rid of entitlements.
    Except for entitlements, you keep making up your own to deflect from what I posted. Your posting pattern is pretty much focusing entirely on the US intervention aspect while ignoring all the problematic issues I described.

1. You
    2. Are
    3. Focused
    4. On
    5. Groups.
    6. We
    7. Focus
    8. On
    9. Individuals.

Most of us recognize that you can't punish some individuals for what other individuals may do just because they share some characteristics. The essence of liberty is individual liberty. And you stomp on that notion when you want to classify individuals in one manner or another based on your misconception that "certain" people are all the same and don't need to be respected as real people.

That is the pattern I'm seeing in this thread. You will NEVER protect individual liberty by trashing it!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    1. You
    2. Are
    3. Focused
    4. On
    5. Groups.
    6. We
    7. Focus
    8. On
    9. Individuals.

Most of us recognize that you can't punish some individuals for what other individuals may do just because they share some characteristics. The essence of liberty is individual liberty. And you stomp on that notion when you want to classify individuals in one manner or another based on your misconception that "certain" people are all the same and don't need to be respected as real people.

That is the pattern I'm seeing in this thread. You will NEVER protect individual liberty by trashing it!
    Ultimately I see your position as a direct assault on individual libertarians in the US since you have no recognition that mass immigration of peoples with opposing ideology will make individual liberty or any form of living in a libertarian like society impossible in our life time.

1. You
    2. Are
    3. Focused
    4. On
    5. Groups.
    6. We
    7. Focus
    8. On
    9. Individuals.

Immigration rules are about GROUPS, you can't take the measure of every individual on the planet and give them a thumbs up/down for permission to join our society, so you deal with GROUP trends and let the "exception to the rule" chips fall where they may, you also err on the side of caution so that the anti-liberty types who get in are kept to a small enough number that they are not a threat to liberty.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Ultimately I see your position as a direct assault on individual libertarians in the US since you have no recognition that mass immigration of peoples with opposing ideology will make individual liberty or any form of living in a libertarian like society impossible in our life time.
    For me the definition of liberty is to be able to live in my mom's basement and troll on the internets. I hardly if ever leave my place. I see no way how this could be taken away from me.

1. You
    2. Are
    3. Focused
    4. On
    5. Groups.
    6. We
    7. Focus
    8. On
    9. Individuals.

Who is We you speak about on p. 6?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    For me the definition of liberty is to be able to live in my mom's basement and troll on the internets. I hardly if ever leave my place. I see no way how this could be taken away from me.
    When your family cannot afford to pay property taxes due to all the immigrants receiving government assistance, what then?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When your family cannot afford to pay property taxes due to all the immigrants receiving government assistance, what then?
    You get an ObamaPhone.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You get an ObamaPhone.
    This goes here:

1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    This goes here:
    Beat me to it by seconds.

Except for entitlements, you keep making up your own to deflect from what I posted. Your posting pattern is pretty much focusing entirely on the US intervention aspect while ignoring all the problematic issues I described.
    Your "problematic issues" are based entirely on hate & prejudice. You cite other fear mongers as your source and have absolutely no idea about Muslims and how they behave in the US.

You have NO answer to @AZJoe and his intelligent response:

When you consider there are 2 billion Muslims in the world, proportionally (and likely in absolute numbers) there are far more Americans involved in terrorists acts (drone assassinations, bombing civilians, invading nations, regime change, creating funding and arming terrorists organizations, etc.). The belief system behind these terrorists acts happens to be the neocon philosophy. It is also the neocons' policies that have been creating, arming, funding and using these Wahhabi/Salafi terror organizations.

Washington itself and the neocons are a greater "antithesis to Freedom and Liberty."
    AND, if Muslims are banned, what's next? A data base for all American Muslims? Then what religion or group shall we make enemies? Lutherans? Bakers? Catholic Schools? Mormons? American Indians? Your banning door will open to many other things where TPTB can inflict control.

You sound no different that the German Nazis and their view of the "problematic" Jews.
    There is no spoon.

Your "problematic issues" are based entirely on hate & prejudice. You cite other fear mongers as your source and have absolutely no idea about Muslims and how they behave in the US.
    You sound no different that the German Nazis and their view of the "problematic" Jews.
    #8 again, typical. btw - thanks for the name calling update. I totally forgot to add being called a Nazi or anti-semite to #8. Your Imam would be proud of you.

8. If someone points out that #1 is not entirely the issue and raises issues 2 to 7, they are immediately slammed as full of "hate", fearful, a Trump supporter as an epithet , called a Neocon, a Nazi or anti-semite, demeaned in some manner, or some other personal attack or falsely accused of a personal attack..

Last edited by kahless; 11-07-2017 at 03:23 PM. Reason: updated #8 to add stock name calling

#8 again, typical. btw - thanks for the name calling update. I totally forgot to add being called a Nazi or anti-semite to #8. Your Imam would be proud of you.
    Again:

Last edited by Ender; 11-07-2017 at 03:30 PM.
    There is no spoon.

{video}posting of Communist rap group trash video{video}
    I see you just spammed that in the thread about Rand to someone else to. Does this mean since you have been exposed as an anti-US Muslim activist that posting that video is your final farewell?

I see you just spammed that in the thread about Rand to someone else to. Does this mean since you have been exposed as an anti-US Muslim activist that posting that video is your final farewell?
    Different video but its all about getting your head outta where the sun don't shine and WAKING UP.

Hard for you Mucho Name-Caller/Accuser, I'm sure.
    There is no spoon.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And there you have it. The same excuse used by every statist ever. The second statement completely and totally invalidates the first.

"I like liberty - as long as it's the type of liberty that I like!" Thanks for putting it so succinctly. The rest of the post was just a lame attempt at justifying that statement.
    I like preserving liberty, and anyone who doesn't is not a defender of liberty, but is aiding in the demise of liberty.

Get back to me when you watch the videos. All you have to do is click play... So simple even a someone willing to sacrifice liberty in the "name of liberty" can do it.

$#@!ing animals: https://www.nytimes.com/video/world/....html?src=vidm

I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Not false.

Still fails to watch and address the videos.
    Lol funny the user "AZJoe" used the same word ("verbose") to describe my comments in his neg rep of my post. Seems like this guy likes to talk by pointing and grunting. Judging by his prior substance-less "#NotAllMuslims" post he's probably afraid of actual arguments that can't fit onto bumper stickers, like most Americans.
    Last edited by Identity; 11-07-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Honestly, the first thing I would do as a Dictator is pass a law sentencing every adult who uses the word "statist" to the guillotine. What exactly is liberty? How are you defining it? This sounds like a creepy cult mentality. Hey 90% of America is bloc voting for the Democratic Party but man, at least we still have our liberty!

Most people do not even recognize that there are more sects in the Muslim world as there are in the Christian. The Islam bashing is like blaming all Christians for the Westboro Baptist Church antics.

Westboro Baptist members are law-abiding, intelligent people who stage controversial, yet peaceful protests. Mass Islamic immigration seriously threatens the demographics, culture, and politics of the new nations that they enter. This doesn't make us "Muslim-haters." I probably have had more positive interactions with Muslims and Islam than most of you posting here, but defending these disturbing trends isn't bravery, it's cowardice.

Nah, man, you see- the real thing we shouldn't be pushing for is stopping mass immigration. No, no, no. We should be trying to take aware welfare from the single moms who are struggling to get by! Mass immigration + mass starvation on the streets, that'll skyrocket GOP approval ratings to the heavens.
    Last edited by Identity; 11-07-2017 at 07:26 PM.

I like preserving liberty, and anyone who doesn't is not a defender of liberty, but is aiding in the demise of liberty.

Get back to me when you watch the videos.
    Listen, I watched your video yesterday (didn't bother with the rest). I'm not sure what you thought was going to happen??? Did you think I was going to stop treating people like individuals? Uh, not likely.

Sure. There are a lot of bad Muslims. But there are a lot of bad Christians, atheists and agnostics, too. It's why rational people judge each individual based on the content of their character and not some ridiculous religious test. Maybe you should try watching your videos again. Check out the stats again. Only this time, think about the opposite numbers. The numbers of people that you feel justified in maligning because of the others. So even if you trust these numbers, if 27% of Muslims think apostates should be executed, that means 73% of them do not! And so on.

Finally, if you are really worried about a terrorist killing you, then you are really falling for the boogeyman. You like statistics, right? You're far more likely to be killed by a shark - do you stay out of the ocean? Would you spend trillions of dollars and give up your liberty to keep sharks out of the ocean? If it's a political fear you have, your just as likely to have a college-educated secular white vote to take away your liberties as a Muslim. But no... You have a boogeyman to fear. Completely irrational no matter which way you cut it.

Here's a tip. Just try to get to know people as individuals. When you do that, you can get down to real reasons to hate people. At least then it won't be based on some stupid fear you have about what segment of the population they share.

Quote Originally Posted by Identity View Post
    Honestly, the first thing I would do as a Dictator is pass a law sentencing every adult who uses the word "statist" to the guillotine. What exactly is liberty? How are you defining it? This sounds like a creepy cult mentality. Hey 90% of America is bloc voting for the Democratic Party but man, at least we still have our liberty!

Here's a tip. Just try to get to know people as individuals. When you do that, you can get down to real reasons to hate people. At least then it won't be based on some stupid fear you have about what segment of the population they share.
    Another tip: Hold people accountable for what they do, not what you fear they might do.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

I like Liberty , we do not though live in a liberty society we live in a welfare society . Given the fact that we live in a welfare society and the likelihood of that ever changing without economic collapse is nil , is there a legitimate reason that the US welfare nation allows immigration at all ? I am aware of no reasons .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-07-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Identity View Post
    Lol funny the user "AZJoe" used the same word ("verbose") to describe my comments in his neg rep of my post. Seems like this guy likes to talk by pointing and grunting. Judging by his prior substance-less "#NotAllMuslims" post he's probably afraid of actual arguments that can't fit onto bumper stickers, like most Americans.
    Like Ender maybe AZjoe is another Muslim. See posting pattern.

Posting pattern of RPF Muslim activists:

8. If someone points out that #1 is not entirely the issue and raises issues 2 to 7, they are immediately slammed as full of "hate", fearful, a Trump supporter as an epithet , called a Neocon, a Nazi or anti-semite, demeaned in some manner, or some other personal attack or falsely accused of a personal attack and are hit with negative reps.
    You quoted this part a few posts back: "Little to no concern of growing the welfare state due to immigration", notice I called out "immigration", in other words immigrants coming here and receiving welfare, not American single moms.
    Last edited by kahless; 11-07-2017 at 08:31 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Listen, I watched your video yesterday (didn't bother with the rest). I'm not sure what you thought was going to happen??? Did you think I was going to stop treating people like individuals? Uh, not likely.
    Well speak up then... I only asked about 4 or 5 times if anyone watched them.. Did you not read those queries?

So the killing of Farkhunda was cool with you? The muslim patrols in London on non muslims? The Swedish $#@! holes, I mean "no go zones"?

"Oh, that is a minority. You can't group an individual into a minority"

Bull $#@!...

Sure. There are a lot of bad Muslims.
    Yes, there are.. a whole lot...

But there are a lot of bad Christians, atheists and agnostics, too. It's why rational people judge each individual based on the content of their character and not some ridiculous religious test.
    Yes, there are... but none of them follow a "religion" (aka political party) that wants to conquer everyone else at all costs....

Maybe you should try watching your videos again. Check out the stats again. Only this time, think about the opposite numbers. The numbers of people that you feel justified in maligning because of the others. So even if you trust these numbers, if 27% of Muslims think apostates should be executed, that means 73% of them do not! And so on.
    So 3 out of 10 people walking the streets who want to stone you is A-OK with you? Got it.

Finally, if you are really worried about a terrorist killing you, then you are really falling for the boogeyman. You like statistics, right? You're far more likely to be killed by a shark - do you stay out of the ocean? Would you spend trillions of dollars and give up your liberty to keep sharks out of the ocean? If it's a political fear you have, your just as likely to have a college-educated secular white vote to take away your liberties as a Muslim. But no... You have a boogeyman to fear. Completely irrational no matter which way you cut it.
    It is common sense. Here is danger that has raised their hand stating they are a danger. Let's just pretend like they haven't raised their hand. And all will be rosy.

That is not needed when they have self identified as part of a group hell bent on world domination,, conquering everyone else and killing those who do not acquiesce. And removing liberty for those that do...

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Another tip: Hold people accountable for what they do, not what you fear they might do.
    Here is a tip, look at previous actions and belief systems to predict future actions and protect accordingly.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I like Liberty , we do not though live in a liberty society we live in a welfare society . Given the fact that we live in a welfare society and the likelihood of that ever changing without economic collapse is nil , is there a legitimate reason that the US welfare nation allows immigration at all ? I am aware of no reasons .

We we could use more Vikings, they don't use welfare.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast