Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being fired over covid shots because of govt mandates? Legal tips thread

Being fired over covid shots because of govt mandates? Legal tips thread

Per @PAF's suggestion, some actionable info about how to legally handle being fired over covid shots. This is not legal advice as I am not an attorney. Just tips being shared based on knowledge and experience with legal matters. Anyone is welcome to post to the thread with links or other relevant info. I didn't create it to be my thread, since I'm not an attorney, just a helpful resource since people will be dealing with actual corporate attorneys making these decisions. I hope it levels the playing field a little.

---------------------------------------------------

First post x-posted from other thread:

Just a friendly legal tip to all: I'm seeing reports that employers who are firing people are asserting that it is actually some form of "resignation", instead of the truth, a "termination". This is legalese to limit liability from wrongful termination/discrimination suits and to make UE benefits harder to obtain. The catch is that if the employer fires someone over covid stuff, make the employer put it in writing -AND- if that writing says anything about resignation, instead of termination, IMMEDIATELY respond in writing DENYING that you are resigning and are instead being terminated! Best to send the denial by registered mail to ensure it has official paper trail. Alternatively, recorded hand delivery of notice to HR or supervisor also works. The reason this matters is that in court (commerce) any assertion made by a side is considered an admitted fact if it is not rebutted (denied). IOW, if they claim you resigned but you did not, but you do not formally deny it, it stands in court, by procedure alone, that you did. Silence is consent!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just sign the BS paper you will be presented attesting you took the vax. So far it's been announced that for federal workers, they will not even check for a vax card, which is easy enough to fake anyway. I expect the private corporations will be the same. It's all complete BS, not worth your time to fight it and risk your life or career.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Just sign the BS paper you will be presented attesting you took the vax. So far it's been announced that for federal workers, they will not even check for a vax card, which is easy enough to fake anyway. I expect the private corporations will be the same. It's all complete BS, not worth your time to fight it and risk your life or career.
    That's one option but presents other issues. First, attesting to taking the shot, but not, is falsifying company paperwork and would generally be legitimate grounds for termination without recourse. Do you want to risk that no one checks it or that the employer won't have that ability soon? Lying now opens up a can of worms later. IMO it's better to stand up now. Second, on a psychological level, faking like you took it for a short term reprieve maintains the appearance to others that "everyone's doing it", when clearly no, not everyone is doing it. Publicly showing a front of solidarity is an important aspect to effectively fending this stuff off. YMMV but your suggestion is how a weak person would handle it and is also not legally smart since it advocates for falsifying documents, which can have actual repercussions.

An example of the psych aspect:
    Last edited by devil21; 09-11-2021 at 11:39 AM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Notice they are refusing to provide official notice of termination and instead framing it as a voluntary resignation. That's intentional and comes down from the attorneys so they can claim the employee quit or alternatively claim employee stopped coming to work and was thereafter legally terminated for abandoning the job. They will NOT put it in writing that anyone is being fired. Force them or force them to physically remove you from the property. That is an action that can be interpreted as a termination. And notice security guy going into intimidating cop mode. Use their hot-headedness against them! I wish the video showed the outcome.

Can someone post this video to Rand's and Massie's social media? I don't use it but it's in their state.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-13-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

Notice they are refusing to provide official notice of termination and instead framing it as a voluntary resignation. That's intentional and comes down from the attorneys so they can claim the employee quit or alternatively claim employee stopped coming to work and was thereafter legally terminated for abandoning the job. They will NOT put it in writing that anyone is being fired. And notice security guy going into intimidating cop mode. I wish the video showed the outcome.

Can someone post this video to Rand's and Massie's social media? I don't use it but it's in their state.
    The entire interaction would have been interesting.

I don’t have social media, maybe somebody will pop in here and post it up.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

The other issue, going back to the PREP Act, is that individuals, or class action, cannot sue the company they were employed, or the "vaccine" maker, for damages. The federal gubermint was kind enough [/sarc] to set up a "fund" account, of course, on the tax payers back.

So, the company does not have to pay unemployment, nor does it have to pay for damages. Companies have free reign, but it is not a true free market = fascism.

Ron discussed trilateral agreements during his run as president. Some took heed, some felt it didn't directly affect them. Well, here ya go.

Is this COVID shot such a big deal? Especially compare to the necessity to go to work every day.

Not a Viable Option .
    Father and son arrested for using fake COVID-19 passports to fly to Hawaii
    https://nypost.com/2021/08/14/father...-19-passports/

Fake Vaccine Cards On The Rise: CVS Employee Arrested For Stealing Them
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=57591bee4a71

3 Vermont State Troopers Resign Over Fake COVID Vaccine Cards
    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/09/...vaccine-cards/

Try again.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dickens View Post
    Is this COVID shot such a big deal?
    https://nojabforme.info/?fbclid=IwAR...KRt1KrXUzpB8e8

also
    https://vaccinedeaths.com/#
    Last edited by pcosmar; 09-13-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Is this COVID shot such a big deal? Especially compare to the necessity to go to work every day.
    Tyranny is a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Not a Viable Option .

Try again.

Here's to truth, principle and standing firm

[QUOTE=devil21;7058872]That's one option but presents other issues. First, attesting to taking the shot, but not, is falsifying company paperwork and would generally be legitimate grounds for termination without recourse. Do you want to risk that no one checks it or that the employer won't have that ability soon? Lying now opens up a can of worms later. IMO it's better to stand up now. Second, on a psychological level, faking like you took it for a short term reprieve maintains the appearance to others that "everyone's doing it", when clearly no, not everyone is doing it. Publicly showing a front of solidarity is an important aspect to effectively fending this stuff off. YMMV but your suggestion is how a weak person would handle it and is also not legally smart since it advocates for falsifying documents, which can have actual repercussions.]

You don't have to provide document, just sign a stupid pointless form.

I don't want it. No other explanation is necessary. Yes it's a big deal to me.

Not a Viable Option .

Try again.
    It's handwritten card. There is no way to prove if it's real or not. If you got arrested you had a horrible fake or admitted it was fake.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Here's to truth, principle and standing firm
    You call it standing up, I call it putting a large target on your back. This country is completely $#@!ed. Lie cheat steal or whatever it takes to save yourself. I don't care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Tyranny is a big deal.
    What about the seat-belt law? That's even more tyrannical since principally does not affect their safety.

You call it standing up, I call it putting a large target on your back. This country is completely $#@!ed. Lie cheat steal or whatever it takes to save yourself. I don't care anymore.
    Yeah, it's a tough call to make. I do what I can do while I'm on cruise control. But when I'm out and about, I do what I gotta do to maximize my own personal freedom. So, there's merit to both.
    Last edited by PAF; 09-13-2021 at 09:10 PM.

What about the seat-belt law? That's even more tyrannical since principally does not affect their safety.
    You wear your seat belt inside your body?

And if a car was as old as I am it would be exempt from that requirement.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And if a car was as old as I am it would be exempt from that requirement.
    On Lake Mead you are required to wear a life jacket while operating a boat of any age. And this is the state that legalizes gambling and prostitution.

On Lake Mead you are required to wear a life jacket while operating a boat of any age. And this is the state that legalizes gambling and prostitution.
    1. Like seat belts, for external use only.

2. Like seat belts, proven technology.

3. Like seat belts, there's absolutely no secret what's in them.

Wait what?!?!

Asking for a friend.

I won't wear one if I'm diving. It defeats the point.

At my age I can still poach Lobster.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Exactly.

But, should the local/state collect revenue if no accidents happen. Or should they stay completely out of it and let your private insurance handle it.

I won't wear one if I'm diving. It defeats the point.

At my age I can still poach Lobster.
    One can have a collision while boating. And there is no speed limit on Lake Mead. So the rule is not completely senseless.
    But this much less should be their business since does not affect their safety.

One can have a collision while boating. And there is no speed limit on Lake Mead. So the rule is not completely senseless.
    Doesn't much affect me,, as I ignore dumb $hit. and I am an Outlaw.

also,,i could and did solo a Tugboat,, start-up to tie up,, when I was 12,,without wearing a life jacket at any time,, though they were available.

Just a three mile crossing in the St Mary's river.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 09-13-2021 at 07:25 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Doesn't much affect me,, as I ignore dumb $hit. and I am an Outlaw.

Didn't wear a Helmet on my sled either.

Last edited by pcosmar; 09-13-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yeah, it's a tough call to make. I do what I can do while I'm on cruise control. But when I'm out and about, I do what I gotta do to maximize my own personal freedom. So, there's merit to both.
    Do me a favor and fix your quote please. I didn't write what you quoted. 69360 did. Thx

The other issue, going back to the PREP Act, is that individuals, or class action, cannot sue the company they were employed, or the "vaccine" maker, for damages. The federal gubermint was kind enough [/sarc] to set up a "fund" account, of course, on the tax payers back.

So, the company does not have to pay unemployment, nor does it have to pay for damages. Companies have free reign, but it is not a true free market = fascism.

Ron discussed trilateral agreements during his run as president. Some took heed, some felt it didn't directly affect them. Well, here ya go.
    Do you have a source for the employer liability waiver claim in the PREP Act?

This official website lists liability waivers and no mention whatsoever about employers who require them.
    https://www.phe.gov/Preparedness/leg...s/default.aspx

The Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act (PREP Act) authorizes the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (Secretary) to issue a PREP Act declaration. The declaration provides immunity from liability (except for willful misconduct) for claims:

-of loss caused, arising out of, relating to, or resulting from administration or use of countermeasures to diseases, threats and conditions
    -determined by the Secretary to constitute a present, or credible risk of a future public health emergency
    -to entities and individuals involved in the development, manufacture, testing, distribution, administration, and use of such countermeasures

A PREP Act declaration is specifically for the purpose of providing immunity from liability, and is different from, and not dependent on, other emergency declarations.

I think Dickens is on the wrong website. Seat belts and life jackets? Really?
    Last edited by devil21; 09-13-2021 at 09:29 PM.

Is this COVID shot such a big deal?
    Why is it a big deal to those who already got it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Government does not legalize anything. It only makes things illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

@devil21

I am not an attorney, so I can't answer the question definitively. An attorney responded to a caller that it would be very difficult to claim damages, and that each claim would be handled differently from another.

I don't know how much information this provides, it is very vague to me:

Yes, companies can mandate the COVID-19 vaccine, but no, they don't have to report side effects to OSHA. "The answer is layered."

Some people drowned because of those.

And I could not turn off continuous fasten seat-belt dingle even with a simple OBD interface.

Yes, you do not know a lot of what is going in your car.

Note also that the following two objections still applicable:

Tyranny is a big deal.
    I don't want it. No other explanation is necessary. Yes it's a big deal to me.

@devil21

Vaccine Program Immunity Under the PREP Act
    The federal Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act (PREP Act) provides broad, though not absolute, immunity. The PREP Act applies to covered persons against claims for loss arising from the distribution, administration, or use of certain covered countermeasures if the secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services issues an emergency declaration invoking the PREP Act’s protections for those measures. PREP Act protections are broad, not only because they apply to state and federal lawsuits against a covered person, but also because they apply to claims for loss that have a causal relationship with the administration or use of a covered countermeasure—including the distribution, dispensing, administration, or use of a vaccine.

The two Covid-19 vaccines currently in the marketplace under emergency use authorization are covered countermeasures under an HHS declaration, so they fall within the PREP Act’s protections against potential tort claims against those who administer the vaccine.

The PREP Act and HHS’s Covid-19 declarations extend to program planners, which include persons who supervise or administer a program for an EUA Covid-19 vaccine. However, there is the question of whether a private employer that sponsors or provides an immunization clinic for its employees would be subject to those same PREP Act liability protections as a program planner.

A private employer would presumably qualify as a program planner if it supervised or administered an immunization clinic, or if it distributes or administers the two authorized Covid-19 vaccines. The HHS’s declaration says that a “private sector employer” can be a “program planner” when it distributes or administers Covid-19 vaccines. Practically speaking, though, most private employers sponsoring vaccination clinics lack the necessary licenses or capabilities to deliver a vaccine and would use third-party vendors to supervise, administer, and operate the clinic. In that event, the PREP Act might not immunize the employer from liability.

But the specific facts and circumstances of an employer’s immunization clinic will determine whether PREP Act immunity applies. Because the PREP Act is a defense in litigation, employers should assess the structure of proposed vaccination programs, design them to meet the requirements of the PREP Act and HHS’s declaration, and document those efforts with an eye toward defending litigation.

If employers use clinic vendors, the employers should include provisions in their vendor contracts to limit the employer’s liability. Ironically, because a vaccination clinic operator is likely immune from liability under the PREP Act, that immunity could encourage litigants to pursue the sponsoring employer for any claimed vaccination-related injuries.

Other Potential Workplace Liability for Vaccine Clinics
    Workers’ Compensation Statutes
    While the PREP Act provides statutory “program administrator” immunity, employers facing claims from sponsored vaccination clinics may be able to seek other immunity under workers’ compensation schemes, which protect employers from liability for employee injuries sustained during employment.

Workers’ compensation statutes are creatures of state law, and therefore differ from state to state. However, most programs shield employers from liability for negligence-related injuries unless the employer’s conduct is reckless, grossly negligent, or is the product of intentional acts or fraud. Sponsoring a vaccination program that utilizes vaccines marketed under an EUA would seem to be a valid exception to liability.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-...nation-clinics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast