Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump backs 25-cent-a-gallon gasoline tax hike: senator

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Price of gas effects the price of everything you buy that gets trucked in which is everything. Its a tax on the poor.
    This point cannot be emphasized enough. People think that they just see an increase at the pump. Everything you buy at the store arrives by truck. The trucking company is not going to eat the extra tax they pay, it's going to be priced in the goods at the store.

On another note I saw that Trump is pushing for increased internet sales tax. It looks like the government figured out a way to pay for the tax cut...increase taxes!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    This point cannot be emphasized enough. People think that they just see an increase at the pump. Everything you buy at the store arrives by truck. The trucking company is not going to eat the extra tax they pay, it's going to be priced in the goods at the store.

On another note I saw that Trump is pushing for increased internet sales tax. It looks like the government figured out a way to pay for the tax cut...increase taxes!
    He's a real Republican guy.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Price of gas effects the price of everything you buy that gets trucked in which is everything. Its a tax on the poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post

There's the bottom line. A tax cut on those who make enough that they can afford to pay income tax, and a tax hike on everyone who eats and/or wears clothes.

And none of it is libertarian. He didn't simplify or eliminate the income tax, and the federal fuel tax is the most misappropriated of federal tax, the one which does the most harm when it isn't applied solely and directly to roads and bridges, and completely contrary to the Ninth and Tenth Amendments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I doubt anyone here disagrees.
    There are many here who were waiting for Trump to tell them what they think. And now that they know he disagrees, so do they.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    There's the bottom line. A tax cut on those who make enough that they can afford to pay income tax, and a tax hike on everyone who eats and/or wears clothes.

And none of it is libertarian. He didn't simplify or eliminate the income tax, and the federal fuel tax is the most misappropriated of federal tax, the one which does the most harm when it isn't applied solely and directly to roads and bridges, and completely contrary to the Ninth and Tenth Amendments.

I'd +rep you if I could.

But hey, HE's making America great again. I know it's true cause I read all about all the great $#@! he's doing to, er I mean FOR US here every day.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I'd +rep you if I could.

But hey, HE's making America great again. I know it's true cause I read all about all the great $#@! he's doing to, er I mean FOR US here every day.
    He's not doing $#@! to make America Great Again. We are the ones paying for it. He's just taking credit. And profiting.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    He's not doing $#@! to make America Great Again. We are the ones paying for it. He's just taking credit. And profiting.

Sarcasm detector on the fritz?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Sarcasm detector on the fritz?
    I don't really do sarcasm, sorry.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I don't really do sarcasm, sorry.
    '...to us--er, I mean for us' is a good giveaway to watch for.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    '...to us--er, I mean for us' is a good giveaway to watch for.

That was the intent, anyway. Doesn't always come off online. No biggie.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    There are many here who were waiting for Trump to tell them what they think. And now that they know he disagrees, so do they.
    Or waiting for Trump or Stefan or Alex Jones explain it away, I think they would all probably ignore this story like it never happened. Don't expect to be seeing any critic videos from Tom Woods, Stefan, AJ, Lew Rockwell or any of the other "alt" media mouthpiece. What an irony it would be if it is the democrats that talks him out of this stupid idea. I say irony because some people here actually believe he is a conservative

That was the intent, anyway. Doesn't always come off online. No biggie.
    Yeah, don't sweat it. I don't do sarcasm, as I prefer clarity and directness online, but doesn't mean I didn't catch it.

President will not support the massive cash grab

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/president-not-support-massive-cash-212000301.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

President will not support the massive cash grab

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/pres...212000301.html
    Like how he didn't support the invasion of Libya or socialized medicine, right? ..right?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Like how he didn't support the invasion of Libya or socialized medicine, right? ..right?
    We shall see.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We shall see.
    Of course, the real problem isn't the taxes anyway; it's the spending (that's the true cost, however financed).

And there's no denying that he's proposed $200 billion in additional spending on vote-buying boondoggles infrastructure, right?

Of course, the real problem isn't the taxes anyway; it's the spending (that's the true cost, however financed).

And there's no denying that he's proposed $200 billion in additional spending on vote-buying boondoggles infrastructure, right?

I oppose Dump's budget.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I oppose Dump's budget.
    So, your disinclination to believe the reports about Trump wanting to raise the gas tax is a function of your deference for politicians in general...?

So, your disinclination to believe the reports about Trump wanting to raise the gas tax is a function of your deference for politicians in general...?
    No, it is simply my judgement of the political environment and DJTvsg's behavior regarding taxes so far.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Seems like it would be a good fake out if they "leak it from a democrat to cnn" and then he cuts the gas tax completely. It would be good for his cronies and make all of the people who were doubting Trump have their blind faith again. Maybe we should encourage that this would be the only politically viable thing for Trump to do now.

Seems like it would be a good fake out if they "leak it from a democrat to cnn" and then he cuts the gas tax completely. It would be good for his cronies and make all of the people who were doubting Trump have their blind faith again. Maybe we should encourage that this would be the only politically viable thing for Trump to do now.
    Maybe Rand can suggest it to him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

“To my surprise, President Trump, today in our meeting, offered his support for raising the gas and diesel tax by 25 cents a gallon and dedicating that money to improve our roads, highways, and bridges,”
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12