Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump: Ryan should remain Speaker even if healthcare vote fails

Trump: Ryan should remain Speaker even if healthcare vote fails

Trump tells reporters that Paul Ryan should stay on as Speaker if the health care vote fails

President Trump said Friday that Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) should remain Speaker of the House if the afternoon vote on the GOP healthcare plan fails.

“Yes,” he said when asked if Ryan should keep his job.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...are-vote-fails
    Last edited by William Tell; 03-24-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    8D multiverse
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Paul Ryan and Donald Trump, Donald sure got Ryan "There" after all.

Cucks, both of them.

Clearly he means the opposite of what he said.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

This is what is called "doubling down"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Doubling down on his plan to remove Ryan as speaker by supporting him as speaker?

Do you offer seminars or maybe 45 minute Youtube videos wherein I can learn the secrets of superdimensional chess?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Hopefully, Trump said this is in the context of Br'er Rabbit.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Well without the WH, Ryan wasn't gonna even have the vote. Trump can give his plug of support before the votes are cast.

Any "privileged" House member like Meadows (not sure how many qualify) can introduce a Motion to Vacate Speaker (like he did against Boehner).

https://www.c-span.org/video/?425937...fternoon&live=
    It is sob stories from both sides of the aisle
    If GOP bill doesn't pass . . . death, abortions
    If GOP bill passes . . . "44,000 more deaths in your own district"

I am convinced already - they're right.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-24-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Well, this one defies any sense of a masterfully oblique strategy. What possible valid basis could there be for not publicly calling on Ryan to be hung from the yardarm? It is no wonder some are already feeling betrayed. But if Trump is indeed betraying us, one has to ask by what virtue. Is it as simple as this is what the position does to even the best of men? I doubt it, but will not dismiss the possibility out of hand. Perhaps Theye have been able to bring even the big-talking Trump to heel? I see this as a front-runner possibility. I see no reason Theye would necessarily have to fear any repercussions by Trump, were they to come very openly to the point that if he does not toe their line, he will live to see his entire family murdered just prior to following them into the Void. If the stakes are as high as some speculative models of our political reality would suggest, Theye really have little to lose by putting the cards on the table through the agency of a messenger boy. If it fails and is exposed, the news reports the carrier as having been mentally ill, family problems, health issues, what have you. But with the rightly convincing presentation, how likely would Trump be to live up to his super-human bravado in the face of certain defeat? I suppose it is possible, but seems rather unlikely to me, in which case we find ourselves being treated to another clone president who cheerfully bends us over the wood yet again. Just a thought.

Hopefully the vote crashes and burns as we get to see what Trump means by "We'll have to see what happens."

So far, the results of this election most recent cannot be called stellar. Probably far less immediately destructive than they would have been under Clinton, but that may not be saying much.

But there remains opportunities for Trump to see any errors of his ways and make proper amends. The coming months will show a truer measure of the man's outward ego v. his better sense.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Of course he means the opposite folks. He HAS to support Ryan in public but secretly he's working with Rand and the Freedom Caucus to remove him as Speaker so they can REALLY get CONSTITUTIONAL and CONSERVATIVE and fix healthcare, taxes, and the whole damn country! #MAGA.

/sarc
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Doubling down on his plan to remove Ryan as speaker by supporting him as speaker?

Do you offer seminars or maybe 45 minute Youtube videos wherein I can learn the secrets of superdimensional chess?
    It's really not that complicated. Trump is doing everything he can to support the bill and Paul Ryan so that when it fails, the blame falls squarely on Paul Ryan. I said this yesterday. Why wouldn't more this kind of behavior be expected?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Of course he means the opposite folks. He HAS to support Ryan in public but secretly he's working with Rand and the Freedom Caucus to remove him as Speaker so they can REALLY get CONSTITUTIONAL and CONSERVATIVE and fix healthcare, taxes, and the whole damn country! #MAGA.

/sarc
    So what does Rand mean when he keeps re-iterating to TV hosts that he and Trump are on the same side?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ront-3-21-2017

So what does Rand mean when he keeps re-iterating to TV hosts that he and Trump are on the same side?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ront-3-21-2017
    If Rand's said it 1 time he's said it one million times, Republicans are united on repeal, not replacement. If you don't know what that means I can't help you.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Knew you're answer before I even read your post.

MAGA!
    There is no spoon.

It's really not that complicated. Trump is doing everything he can to support the bill and Paul Ryan so that when it fails, the blame falls squarely on Paul Ryan. I said this yesterday. Why wouldn't more this kind of behavior be expected?
    What a wonderful world you must live in. Anything he says that you like brings you joy! Anything he says that you don't like bring you even more joy because you know what he's really doing! Anything his administration does that you like is because of Trump's strong leadership! Anything they do that you don't like is just a temporary chess move in order to get you more of the things you do like!

In other words... to Dannno, Trump is infallible. He cannot possibly do or say anything that could demonstrate otherwise. Sessions? Pffft. Ryan? Please. Tillerson? Not to worry. Pence? Just a pawn of the master. I guess love truly is blind.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    If Rand's said it 1 time he's said it one million times, Republicans are united on repeal, not replacement. If you don't know what that means I can't help you.
    Rand is trying to give Trump the room to walk it back, but Trump isnt taking the offer. Trump is a child, he can be manipulated like a child. Rand tried to drive a wedge between Ryan and Trump, but Ryan and Trump are for whatever reason still in love.

I get it now. He's leaving all droning decisions to the CIA. He's leaving all military decisions to the MIC. And he's leaving all legislation to Rand, Justin and Thomas.

Genius. ∞D
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    Rand is trying to give Trump the room to walk it back, but Trump isnt taking the offer.
    Liberty thought is so alien to trump, Rand might as well be speaking Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Liberty thought is so alien to trump, Rand might as well be speaking Russian.
    I read on CNN that trump is fluent in Russian, so this shouldn't be an issue.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Did you even watch the video? That's not what he was talking about.

Did you even watch the video? That's not what he was talking about.
    Yes I did its exactly what he was talking about.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    What a wonderful world you must live in. Anything he says that you like brings you joy! Anything he says that you don't like bring you even more joy because you know what he's really doing! Anything his administration does that you like is because of Trump's strong leadership! Anything they do that you don't like is just a temporary chess move in order to get you more of the things you do like!

In other words... to Dannno, Trump is infallible. He cannot possibly do or say anything that could demonstrate otherwise. Sessions? Pffft. Ryan? Please. Tillerson? Not to worry. Pence? Just a pawn of the master. I guess love truly is blind.
    He isn't infallible, but he is very effective and will be a positive influence on government compared to what we have had in the past, and certainly what we would have had with Hillary.

I mean, I would rather have Rand step in there and do everything Ron wanted to do, but it's not a very realistic option in our current system, with current congress and with our current voting populace. I'll support him running 100% any time, though, and my priority would be to change those conditions when the time comes.

But I'm not going to work to drag down a President who is working with Rand in the Senate and is working to move things in the right direction when we have so many forces pulling us in the wrong direction.

CNN reporting that the votes arent there, now Ryan is meeting with Trump to get Trumps opinion on going forward.

In other words, Trump wants this too. He wants it out of the way.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He isn't infallible...
    Sure he is. In your eyes, he can do no wrong. You've demonstrated that over and over. Because even if you don't like something, you believe that he's really only doing it because of something better. Infallible.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    CNN reporting that the votes arent there, now Ryan is meeting with Trump to get Trumps opinion on going forward.

In other words, Trump wants this too. He wants it out of the way.
    Trump wants the vote either way . . . Ryan knows his destiny is getting slaughtered.

House voted last night to vote today Friday,
    just after Ryan came to the podium after the meeting attended by Priebus and Bannon and GOP members.
    (video)
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?425914...alth-care-bill

Ya, sure... they seem, really.. really united on that whole repeal thing
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Sure he is. In your eyes, he can do no wrong. You've demonstrated that over and over. Because even if you don't like something, you believe that he's really only doing it because of something better. Infallible.
    I'm not sure how someone who is infallible can drone innocent people

I mean, I think ultimately we will have a more peaceful foreign policy and right now he just is testing the waters and such, but I don't want to throw him under the bus and get some deep state stooge like Mike Pence in there.. but ya I really don't see where this infallible stuff is coming from. I just believe he has different motivations than you do, it's pretty simple.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Ya, sure... they seem, really.. really united on that whole repeal thing
    Didn't they already pass that both in House and Senate and Obama of course vetoed ? (honest question -I really am not sure)
    Can't they just do it and have Trump sign it now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Didn't they already pass that both in House and Senate and Obama of course vetoed ? (honest question -I really am not sure)
    Can't they just do it and have Trump sign it now ?
    It's not that simple... maybe it was that simple when Obama was veto'ing it, but it's not that simple now.

There are reasons, legitimate, perfectly valid, reasons, why a simple repeal no longer makes sense.

That was then, this is now.

Does that help to clarify?

I hope that makes sense.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast