Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Son's Medical Expenses -need help

Son's Medical Expenses -need help

I had prayed not to have to do this, but I now find myself in the position of having to ask for help with expenses incurred and continuing to be incurred due to the traumatic brain injury my son suffered in 2011 at the age of 25. He has tried to work as best as he can but most of the medical care has fallen on me. He now needs additional brain injury rehab which will be partially paid but there are still medical deductibles and other out of pocket expenses which we can just no longer afford. His immediate needs include funds for a brain scan and MRI that needs to be done to determine if there are any new bleeds on his brain that could be responsible for some regression and cognitive issues. The other immediate need is to help me recoup some of the thousands of dollars I have been out toward insurance premiums, co-pays, medical tests etc. to the point of near losing everything as it has been all on my shoulders. I have tried working a second job and selling things on ebay but developed my own health issues last October that I am now trying to sort out. If you can afford any amount to go toward these costs so that I can continue to get my son the help he needs in order to fully recover, I would be eternally grateful so thank you very much in advance.

The following is some information about Traumatic Brain Injury that you may not be aware of:

Severe TBI Symptoms Brain injuries can range in scope from mild to severe. My son had a severe brain injury due to a fall that required intensive surgery called a craniotomy where they removed a part of his skull to relieve the pressure. He had a massive subdural hematoma which had to be removed. He had another surgery months later to replace the skull piece. He was in the hospital for some time. At the time he was brought in he was given a 50/50 chance of survival. He spent months in a post brain injury rehab facility. He now needs more outpatient therapy.

No two brain injuries are alike and the lifelong effects can be devastating. To see my son you might not know he has a scar that runs the length of his head. To just speak to him you might not understand that he has cognitive struggles every day, some which if not treated could lead to dementia or other debillitating illness. TBI is in many ways a hidden illness because sometimes the effects are not always outwardly apparent. With help many go on to lead fulfilling, productive lives.

Please read here for more info on TBI http://www.traumaticbraininjury.com/...-tbi-symptoms/

Mods please let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to post.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/a16yPc/pn/325RPe

Bitcoin address: 1Jns5cja4NWWrqXX9eKyaQ4UCNsLjTKb5w

For a frame of reference,this is from after his accident to give you an idea of the extent of his injury.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	4857
    Last edited by Carlybee; 03-17-2016 at 12:35 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will keep you in my prayers. Best wishes for your son's recovery.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Take the government's money. Every little bit helps speed the collapse and the government has stolen enough from you over a lifetime in taxes and inflation.

+++ vibes +++ for your son. Speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I hate to do it, it's embarrassing and frustrating. In trying to help my son with his healthcare issues following his accident in 2011, I tried so hard not to get governmental assistance but in doing so have been thrown into a severe situation financially. I've set up a fundraiser which explains in more detail. If you can afford any amount I can't tell you how grateful I would be.

Mods please let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to post.

For a frame of reference, he suffered a severe traumatic brain injury. He did much better initially but has regressed and developed cognitive issues that require additional post traumatic brain injury rehab. It has really affected his ability to work and support himself.

This is from after his accident to give you an idea of the extent of his injury.

Donated. Keeping you both in my prayers as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Take the government's money. Every little bit helps speed the collapse and the government has stolen enough from you over a lifetime in taxes and inflation.

+++ vibes +++ for your son. Speedy recovery.
    Thank you. We may have to but unfortunately since we didn't apply for SSDI while he was still in the hospital, it will now be a battle to get it. I'm hoping once we get him in the outpatient facility they can advise me better.

Cajuncocoa: Thank you <3

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I will keep you in my prayers. Best wishes for your son's recovery.
    Thank you Donnay <3

Prayers ascending, Carly. ~hugs~
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    God Bless .

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Prayers ascending, Carly. ~hugs~
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    God Bless .
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Do you take Bitcoin? I will give.
    Thank you but I've never used it before. What would I do?

Do you take Bitcoin? I will give.
    I went w/ PayPal because it is all I know how to use .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I went w/ PayPal because it is all I know how to use .
    Much appreciated! I picked that fundraising site because they use Paypal..I think it's owned by Paypal but it's easier than having to use credit cards,imo.

Bump for the morning crew and many thanks to those who have donated. Every bit helps more than you know.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Thank you but I've never used it before. What would I do?
    go to btc-e.com make an account, all you need is an email address,

from btc-e generate a bitcoin address from the finances tab...

then when you wan out... send pm to Simran from btce, he'll cash you out, legit like family

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

then when you wan out... send pm to Simran from btce, he'll cash you out, legit like family
    Thanks..will look into it on my lunch break.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

Ok I generated an address for deposits..is that all I do? Do I post it in the open forum or should it be sent privately?

yes you can post it publicly, congrats you are now your own banker

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

For those who asked here is the Bitcoin address: 1Jns5cja4NWWrqXX9eKyaQ4UCNsLjTKb5w

Thanks Presence

Donated.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Donated.
    Thank you! <3

Bumping up as embarrassing as it is

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +rep from me to everyone who posted that they donated!

Had a major windstorm last night so no internet until now. Should be over on your btc-e by now.

Donated. Our prayers are with you.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Had a major windstorm last night so no internet until now. Should be over on your btc-e by now.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike4Freedom View Post
    Donated. Our prayers are with you.
    Thank you!

Bumping for the weekend crew. Thank you again to those who have donated! <3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast