Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA just banned chainsaws, generators, ATVs, weedwhackers, Mexican Bagpipes, golf carts

Exclamation CA just banned chainsaws, generators, ATVs, weedwhackers, Mexican Bagpipes, golf carts

California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...f-road-engines

by Asher Notheis, Breaking News Reporter October 10, 2021 01:46 PM

California took another step toward its goal of ridding the state of all gas-powered engines thanks to a new bill signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom on Saturday.

The new law will ban the sale of all off-road, gas-powered engines, including generators, lawn equipment, pressure washers, chainsaws, weed trimmers, and even golf carts. Under the new law , these machines must be zero-emissions, meaning they will have to be either battery-powered or plug-in, according to the Los Angeles Times .

"This is a pretty modest approach to trying to limit the massive amounts of pollution that this equipment emits, not to mention the health impact on the workers who are using it constantly," Marc Berman, the bill's author, told the outlet. "It’s amazing how people react when they learn how much this equipment pollutes, and how much smog forming and climate changing emissions that small off-road engine equipment creates."

The new law is expected to affect nearly 50,000 small businesses . California's budget includes $30 million to help professional landscapers and gardeners quit using gas-powered equipment, but even then, the budget is still not capable of bearing the full financial burden.

The National Association of Landscape Professionals also noted how zero-emission commercial equipment is both more expensive and less efficient than gas-powered equipment. A gas-powered riding lawn mower costs between $7,000-$11,000 while the zero-emissions version costs more than twice that amount, according to the outlet.

The new rule will be implemented by January 2024, or as soon as regulators determine is "feasible," whichever date is later. The California Air Resources Board has already started working on executing the law, which is a lengthy process scheduled to conclude early next year, per the outlet.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Saw this, was going to post it.

I’m mixed on this. The mow and blow people are everywhere at all times, with obnoxious noise, and filling the air with dust, pollen and excessive pollution. On the other hand, it’s a bit unfair to make them use a tool that requires frequent charging and is less powerful.

I’d being willing to compromise and go with brooms...

As far as off-road vehicles and generators go, they are insane to limit them.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-10-2021 at 09:34 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Saw this, was going to post it.

I’m mixed on this. The mow and blow people are everywhere at all times, with obnoxious noise, and filling the air with dust, pollen and excessive pollution. On the other hand, it’s a bit unfair to make them use a tool that requires frequent charging and is less powerful.

I’d being willing to compromise and go with brooms...
    You're happy with SHTF generators being banned?

Dirt bikes?

ATVs?

Snowmobiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Dirt bikes?

ATVs?

Snowmobiles?
    Sometimes I edit after posting. Check the edit.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Dirt bikes?

ATVs?

Snowmobiles?
    You might be onto something. Eco-Friendly Bug Out Prepping, might be a thing.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Soon it will be illegal to fart in California.

I actually like the battery powered saws, trimmers and blowers. They work fine for me and I don't stink like gas or two stroke after using them. But no way in hell will they work for commercial landscapers. The batteries don't last long enough both in use time and number of recharges.

So let’s see..... power goes out so you fire up your generator for your home. But you can’t charge your battery for the generator...

Wonder if this effects propane or natural gas generators too.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    So let’s see..... power goes out so you fire up your generator for your home. But you can’t charge your battery for the generator...

Wonder if this effects propane or natural gas generators too.
    Most RVs come with generators, are RVs banned too?

From what I can tell, this bill does not ban ALL atvs, just ones with small engines? Certain dirt bikes, for example, and potentially children sized ATVs?

I need a fact check on all this, I'm not sure yet.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sometimes I edit after posting. Check the edit.
    Ah, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Most RVs come with generators, are RVs banned too?

From what I can tell, this bill does not ban ALL atvs, just ones with small engines? Certain dirt bikes, for example, and potentially children sized ATVs?

I need a fact check on all this, I'm not sure yet.
    The new law applies to any engine that produces less than 25 gross horsepower, including lawn mowers, weed trimmers, chain saws, golf carts, specialty vehicles, generators and pumps. It does not apply to on-road motor vehicles, off-road motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, boats, snowmobiles or model airplanes, cars or boats.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...wers?_amp=true

How nice of the Klimatengrupenfurhers to exempt those...for now.

I've never seen an electric chainsaw with a motor that lasted more than one job. Fighting California wildfires should be interesting for wildland crews.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I've never seen an electric chainsaw with a motor that lasted more than one job. Fighting California wildfires should be interesting for wildland crews.
    I am certain they would be exempt.

If electric heat is the most expensive way to heat a home, why would it be an efficient use of an auto, golf cart, or lawn mower?

You think Cali had a problem clearing brush and deadwood, just wait.

Look for a "lawn care professional" exodus just as soon as the free gov money runs out...

https://twitter.com/RastaRedpill/sta...25988322189315
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The new law applies to any engine that produces less than 25 gross horsepower, including lawn mowers, weed trimmers, chain saws, golf carts, specialty vehicles, generators and pumps. It does not apply to on-road motor vehicles, off-road motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, boats, snowmobiles or model airplanes, cars or boats.

So now everyone has to buy 25 horse mowers and cannot use the 18 horse they had . Good God what a bunch of retards.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    You think Cali had a problem clearing brush and deadwood, just wait.

This should work.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

So forest fire fighters have to use electric chainsaws? Or will the gubmint exempt itself?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So forest fire fighters have to use electric chainsaws? Or will the gubmint exempt itself?
    Of course they will.

Rules are only for us Mundanes.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    If electric heat is the most expensive way to heat a home, why would it be an efficient use of an auto, golf cart, or lawn mower?
    My city, and many others here in CA, have already banned natural gas in new constructions.

These people are insane.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

My city, and many others here in CA, have already banned natural gas in new constructions.

These people are insane.
    Forgot about that.

Gas stove, banned.

Gas heat, banned.

Fireplace, banned.

Wood stove, banned.

Chainsaw, banned.

Lawnmower, banned.

Golf cart, banned.

Generator, banned.

Most guns, banned.

Toys for boys and girls, banned.

New ICE cars, banned.

New electric generation plants, banned.

Why in the world does anybody remain there?

Ya its gone beyond third world $#@!hole . Get out before they wall you in .
    Do something Danke

Lawnmowers will be banned but I suspect the various lawn HOA rules will stay intact
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, talk about $#@! out of luck.

No electric car for you.

No stand by generator for you.

PG&E shuts of power to 25,000 in California amid 'critical' fire weather conditions

https://www.breitbart.com/news/pge-s...er-conditions/

UPI 12 Oct 2021

Thousands of people in California were without power Monday as Pacific Gas & Electric Co. preemptively shut off service due to favorable fire weather.

PG&E said in a statement Sunday night that it would conduct a so-called “Public Safety Power Shutoff” cutting power for approximately 25,000 customers in 20 counties beginning at 4 a.m. on Monday morning.

“This safety shutoff is due to a dry, offshore wind event expected to start Sunday night and bring wind gusts of up to 50 mph by Monday morning,” the utility said.

The National Weather Service issued a Red Flag Warning affecting much of Northern California stating that gusty winds combined with dry conditions and fuels “will lead to critical fire weather conditions.”

Counties expected to be most impacted include Tehama with 5,342 customers, Solano at 4,561, and Lake with 4,008.

PG&E said it expects “minimal impact” to be felt by customers in the Bay Area and Central Valley.

The company faces charges alleging that its equipment sparked the 56,000-acre Zogg Fire that left four people dead and destroyed 204 buildings in 2020 and the Kincade Fire that burned 120 square miles in Sonoma County north of San Francisco in 2019.

Last year, PG&E pleaded guilty to 84 counts of involuntary manslaughter in the 2018 Camp Fire in Northern California, acknowledging its neglected equipment sparked the fire that ripped through the town of Paradise.

The utility has also been on probation since it was found guilty in 2016 for safety violations in the 2010 gas pipeline explosion that killed eight people the San Francisco Bay area.

Why in the world does anybody remain there?
    Queen of the coast

And also because it's like 60-75 degrees all year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Lawnmowers will be banned but I suspect the various lawn HOA rules will stay intact

Queen of the coast

And also because it's like 60-75 degrees all year.
    It is a god-damn shame, that literally the best location/weather in the world, has become basically ground zero of the evils of Leftism
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Bombing at the harbor

Bombing at the harbor

If climate change is a real thing, and we all do our part, maybe in 10 years California weather will be $#@!ty, and perhaps gulf coast weather will be A+

Just gotta keep burnin them fossils, make it happen
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast