Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Federal Reserve Confesses Sole Responsibility for All Recessions

Federal Reserve Confesses Sole Responsibility for All Recessions

In a surprisingly candid admission, two former Federal Reserve chairs have stated that the Federal Reserve alone is responsible for creating all recessions in the United States.

First, former Fed Chair Ben Bernanke said that
    Expansions don’t die of old age. They get murdered.
    MarketWatch
    To clarify this statement, former Chair Janet Yellen placed the murder weapon in the Fed’s hands:
    Two things usually end them…. One is financial imbalances, and the other is the Fed.
    Think that through, and you quickly realize that both of those things are the Fed. Is there anyone left standing who would not say the Fed’s quantitative easing in the past decade was the biggest cause of financial imbalances all over the world in history? Moreover, whose profligate monetary policies led to the Great Financial Crisis that gave us the Great Recession?
    So, the Fed loads the gun with financial causes and then pulls the trigger. In fact, I think it would be hard to find a major financial imbalance in the US that the Fed did not have a hand in creating or, at least, enabling. Therefore, if those are the only two causes, then it is always the Federal Reserve that causes recessions by its own admission.
    And, yet, those Fed dons look so pleased with themselves.
    Yellen went on to say that when the Fed is the culprit, it is generally because the central bank is forced to tighten policy to curtail inflation and ends up overplaying its hand. (She didn’t mention that the Fed’s monetary policy may have a hand in creating financial imbalances.)
    Exactly, nor did she mention that the inflation they were “forced” to curtail always happens because of financial imbalances the Fed created or enabled. That is why I call our expansion-recession cycles, rinse-and-repeat cycles. Therefore, the Fed is only forced by its own ill-conceived actions. First you have to create the imbalance, which causes the economy and stocks to inflate, then you have to pull the trigger to shoot that down by tightening into a recession, which the Fed always does:
    Bernanke elaborated on Yellen’s point, accusing the central bank of, in essence, murder. It takes an aggressive act on the part of the monetary authority to bring an expanding economy to a halt and cause it to shift into reverse.
    Yellen and Bernanke were speaking at the annual meeting of the American Economic Association in Atlanta earlier this month in the company of current Fed Chair Jerome Powell.
    As I demonstrated in my two earlier articles this week (“Does Inverted Yield Curve Indicate Recession?” and “What is an inverted yield curve and what does it mean?“), the Fed carries out this act of econocide by getting the yield curve to invert via its forced interest changes. As shown in those articles, every recession has been immediately preceded by a Fed-created inversion of the yield curve — the Fed’s smoking gun.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...all-recessions
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One Chairman also apologized for the Great Depression too. I don't remember where I read that though.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Makes me think of Woodrow Wilson's speech at the end of his term. "I am a most unhappy man..." yeah, that one, and he was referring to having created the Federal Reserve, and the IRS.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Zippy! Sixteen hours and no retort? You're falling down on the job.

I know it's hard to argue with your former bosses. But you can always claim they were misunderstood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

I know it's hard to argue with your former bosses. But you can always claim they were misunderstood.
    Amid shutdown, more TSA agents are calling in sick. Here's what you need to know
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

He's had plenty to say on other subjects.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yellen didn't say the Fed was responsible for all recessions.

One is financial imbalances, and the other is the Fed.
    when the Fed is the culprit,

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

He doesn't work for the Fed and never did. He works in grocery store.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yellen didn't say the Fed was responsible for all recessions.
    And who causes the financial imbalances?

The Fed.

So two out of two causes are the Fed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And who causes the financial imbalances?

The Fed.

So two out of two causes are the Fed.
    So no matter what banks, businesses, or consumers do, it is the Fed's fault.

So no matter what banks, businesses, or consumers do, it is the Fed's fault.
    Yup.

They have more power and they misuse it.

Economic problems were never as severe and never lasted as long before the Fed happened.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    He doesn't work for the Fed and never did. He works in grocery store.
    How do you know he doesn't get paid by them on the side?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yup.

They have more power and they misuse it.
    So if a business using a tool (in this case money) causes a problem, the "maker" of that money is to blame. Does this same logic apply to things like cars or guns?

Economic problems were never as severe and never lasted as long before the Fed happened.
    History says otherwise. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Recessions always have happened in history- no matter what sort of banking or monetary system has been tried.

So if a business using a tool (in this case money) causes a problem, the "maker" of that money is to blame. Does this same logic apply to things like cars or guns?
    That isn't what happens and you know it.
    The Fed steals money by printing it and gives it to the wrong people.

Recessions always have happened in history- no matter what sort of banking or monetary system has been tried.
    I didn't say they didn't happen, I said they were less severe and didn't last as long.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That isn't what happens and you know it.
    The Fed steals money by printing it and gives it to the wrong people.
    Who does the Fed give money to and who should they be giving it to instead? What does the Fed do with all the money they steal?

Who does the Fed give money to and who should they be giving it to instead? What does the Fed do with all the money they steal?
    They shouldn't be giving it to anyone, they shouldn't be stealing it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It applies to printing presses and manipulation of interest rates.

They shouldn't be giving it to anyone, they shouldn't be stealing it.
    So nobody should have any money. The Fed should keep it all. But if nobody has any, the Fed can't steal it. Both problems solved! But how would you get paid? How would you be able to buy things? How much money did the Fed steal this year? How much from you?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-18-2019 at 07:02 PM.

So nobody should have any money. The Fed should keep it all. But if nobody has any, the Fed can't steal it. Both problems solved! But how would you get paid? How would you be able to buy things? How much money did the Fed steal this year? How much from you?
    LOL

People had money before there was a Fed, they would have it without a Fed, people had money before there were banks and they would have money without banks.

Are you really this stupid or do you really think we are this stupid?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How do you know he doesn't get paid by them on the side?
    Meh. His posts suck ballz. He was a political "science" major anyway.

And I think the Fed couldn't care less about RPF. All the shenaniganists on here have a focus on culture. They still waste money, but I imagine the Open Society Foundations not being very efficient or accountable anyway. I mean--they actually pay Influenza for his dumb rantings.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Makes me think of Woodrow Wilson's speech at the end of his term. "I am a most unhappy man..." yeah, that one, and he was referring to having created the Federal Reserve, and the IRS.
    Unhappy my ass. He knew exactly what he was doing and doesn't feel any remorse.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

LOL

People had money before there was a Fed, they would have it without a Fed, people had money before there were banks and they would have money without banks.

Are you really this stupid or do you really think we are this stupid?
    So things are not really that different before or after the Fed.

No.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No.
    So getting rid of them won't change anything. There will still be elites and the exploited masses. and inflation and recessions.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So getting rid of them won't change anything. There will still be elites and the exploited masses. and inflation and recessions.
    You misunderstand, I was not agreeing, I was saying NO to your statement.

The Fed is a powerful tool that allows the elite to better rob everyone else.

There was a massive difference before it was created, that is why they schemed and cheated to create it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You misunderstand, I was not agreeing, I was saying NO to your statement.

The Fed is a powerful tool that allows the elite to better rob everyone else.

There was a massive difference before it was created, that is why they schemed and cheated to create it.
    The elites don't need the Federal Reserve to rob. They just need freedom to operate. Their money buys them power which in turn lets them acquire even more money.

The elites don't need the Federal Reserve to rob. They just need freedom to operate. Their money buys them power which in turn lets them acquire even more money.
    And they can do it much easier and on a much more massive scale thanks to the Fed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And they can do it much easier and on a much more massive scale thanks to the Fed.
    How does the Fed aid them?

How does the Fed aid them?
    That has been explained many times, you aren't going to waste my time re-explaining it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Our money fell into the hands of bankers that kept more and more of it for themselves.

So says the Cheerleeder for the Federal Reserve Bank.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast