Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Earthing aka Grounding

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It should all short to the ground rather than take the "long way" through you, you are "upstream" of your branch of the ground circuit.
    Everything in life, including electricity, always takes the path of least resistance.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Everything in life, including electricity, always takes the path of least resistance.
    Excluding Zippy of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Excluding Zippy of course.
    Lol... I noticed that.

Looking for serious suggestions for sleeping outside on the ground in upstate South Carolina. I will be going back there in a month or so. This will be a great test. Actually thinking about it most of the house has no floor and a dirt crawl space. So how to keep moisture off ones self? Should one lay on top of plastic? It seems like that would be counter productive. If one were to sleep in a TePee how do you keep fire ants, snakes, or other undesirables out?

Looking for serious suggestions for sleeping outside on the ground in upstate South Carolina. I will be going back there in a month or so. This will be a great test. Actually thinking about it most of the house has no floor and a dirt crawl space. So how to keep moisture off ones self? Should one lay on top of plastic? It seems like that would be counter productive. If one were to sleep in a TePee how do you keep fire ants, snakes, or other undesirables out?
    Some detail about that in this book from 1903. This guy ran a Sanitarium in New Jersey.

https://soilandhealth.org/wp-content...20162.Just.pdf

Index says pages 85-102. Page 66 of pdf.

I plan on making a similar expedition. Maybe find someone with private sandy soil. Maybe near a beach stream or river. You could also go off the beaten path of a state park that allows camping/hiking.

Want to start a sanitarium hmu. XD

Also ask @oyarde.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Some detail about that in this book from 1903. This guy ran a Sanitarium in New Jersey.

I plan on making a similar expedition. Maybe find someone with private sandy soil. Maybe near a beach stream or river. You could also go off the beaten path of a state park that allows camping/hiking.

Also ask @oyarde.
    So do people sleep naked on bare ground in freezing conditions? Do people cover themselves? Leather is purportedly okay to wear on the feet, would it seem logical that leather is okay between the ground and skin while sleeping? It is one thing to lay on the dirt when it is 90* in the sunshine and another when -20* in the dark.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I found a short video of a man the Indians were trying to cure.

I found a short video of a man the Indians were trying to cure.

From the pdf...

"Recently the following report made the round of the papers: "In the village of Recale near Caserta a young girl of twenty, while making hay, was bitten in the foot by a snake a few days ago. Her foot and leg soon began to swell, and the girl suffered great agony.Her father placed her on a pushcart and took her to Caserta. When they arrived there the whole right leg and arm of the poor sufferer had swollen to enormous dimensions. The physicians declared thatthe girl was past cure. The patient, moreover, lost consciousness, and her father brought her back to Recale more dead than alive.Here he made a last desperate effort to save his child by resorting toa remedy which tradition said had saved a girl of the village bitten by a snake centuries ago from certain death. He dug a hole in the garden, put his daughter naked into it, and then covered her up, leaving only her head free. The Mayor attempted to force the father by calling in the police to take his daughter out of the hole, but the entire village took the part of the father, the men armed them selves,and there would have been a bloody collision if the Mayor had insisted on the execution of his order. The girl was "dug up'' again only twenty-four hours later, completely cured. This strange occurrence has been confirmed in the 'Corriere di Napoli' by the prefect of Caserta.""

Also ask @oyarde.
    Ideally if sleeping on the ground , animal hides or wool blankets will keep you drier and warmer and some protection from insects . Sand packs are a subject covered by Edgar Cayce for improved circulation and relaxation , general well being of the blood and nervous system. He also was particularly impressed by the Virginia Beach sand because it has the ideal mix of radium and gold , minerals which help with iodine absorption etc . The sand must be dry and warm . Taking a swim first helps prepare the skin, doing this in direct sunlight after 3:30 pm for ten to twenty minutes . Cayce also lists other locations where the sand has a good mix of beneficial minerals . You may even consider joining ARE ( Association of Research & Enlightenment ) as if I recall membership gets you library access . I used to be a member .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-12-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    Do something Danke

I do find this intriguing and plan to to try it. Some aspects I just cannot fathom. I was watching the more than hour long documentary on youtube yesterday. This guy in Alaska crawls under his cabin and lays naked on the ground in a year of record snow. I think 48 feet of snow. I would think a person would have to be in a miserable condition to try such extreme measures. I did not finish the video because for the fist 40 minutes or so he was getting packages delivered and handing them out to people that were supposedly miraculously cured. He tried to get an astronaut to back his cause. The first declined then he found one that seemed willing. The video did not seem as much like a self help cure to ailments as it did a commercial to purchase the mysterious product that kept being delivered that everyone in that town wanted.

The concept seems to make sense I am just curious on how to practically implement it. It would seem that if the electrical charge from the earth is so important to good health, then all the electricity around is would make us sick. The German guy was advocating this before electricity was everywhere and deemed a necessity. If people found it hard to walk barefoot or sleep on the ground in 1904, how could they find it comfortable 115 years later?

I read some reviews on the sheets. One guy claimed there was not continuity so the sheets were bogus.

I remember years ago researching this guy that claimed he could live off the sea. He stated that all elements you need to survive are in the ocean. I think he was living in Hawaii and supposedly spent many hours each day wading in the ocean. If I remember correct he said he didn't even eat. All his nutrition was absorbed from the sea water. I also remember a fertilizer company selling hydroponic fertilizer. If I am not mistaken they claimed all nutrients of life are in sea water. They evaporate the moisture from sea water and are left with organic salts that purportedly provide all the micro and macro elements necessary.

So do people sleep naked on bare ground in freezing conditions? Do people cover themselves? Leather is purportedly okay to wear on the feet, would it seem logical that leather is okay between the ground and skin while sleeping? It is one thing to lay on the dirt when it is 90* in the sunshine and another when -20* in the dark.

Have you heard of Wilhem Hoff the "Iceman"? He walks around barefoot and summits mountains. Nearly naked.

From the linked pdf...

This information is literally priceless.

"It is a well-known fact that those who have overcome their fear of colds, or who are too poor to buy many clothes and shoes, etc., very rarely or never are visited by acute diseases. But may I now hope by these explanations to have dispelled the fear of colds in anyone ? No! I am not presumptuous enough to think that I could in the least shake the fear of colds in its dreadful stronghold. You may adduce every proof, show men how others expose themselves fearlessly and with impunity to wind and weather, to wet and cold, and they will only advance every possible objection: he is still young, this one has a particularly strong constitution, that one has become hardened, therefore he can stand it. Such are some of the many palisades with which the fear of colds strongly fortifies itself. We are so ready to have confidence in a physician, and expect to regain our health through him even if he himself is afflicted with disease and suffering. We so readily and blindly trust in every remedy that comes from the apothecary's shop, even if it is a poison, and consequently always detrimental and ruinous to health, and through some oversight of the apothecary may even cause instant death. People put their trust in these dangerous remedies, if they are only written in Latin on on a prescription blank, so that they cannot understand them."

"One need not be afraid of freezing in one of these open light and-air cottages during low temperature. In the open, in the woods one can sleep very comfortably in a light-and-air cottage during the coldest winter, if one has only a few feather beds or quilts, because the body develops more heat when breathing pure, fresh air than it does when breathing the foul and stuffy air in houses.The light-and-air cottage protects the sleeper and his clothing during the night against rain. During fair weather it is advisable to place the bed outside the cottage and sleep entirely in the open. To this end take a straw tick or a quilt (woollen or cotton) covered with coarse linen or thick burlap for mattress, and a quilt for covering, so that the whole outfit can be easily transported, and place the mattress on the ground. "

"but they can at once begin going barefooted all day long, excepting a few very cold weeks in Winter, even in our climate, without ever feeling the custom as a torture or a burden, but rather as the greatest delight and pleasure. "

"I am firmly convinced of the actual occurrence of cases in which delirious fever patients have passed some time outdoors, in the severest cold, almost naked, with the happiest results.I have been positively"

"and as draughts and cold air are the most fruitful source of colds we see that they are the most favorable and best means for curing diseases. "

"L. in B. was ill with pneumonia, and had for six weeks, during which he was treated with medicines, been suffering great pain. Of course, L. had been anxiously confined in a room until his arrival at the Jungborn. After I had talked his fear of catching a deadly cold out of him, he at once, after his arrival, went about naked for hours. On the evening of the first day L. was already quite happy. In his opinion he had gained more in one afternoon, by the simplest means, than six weeks of vain endeavor had done for him. L. continued the treatments only for a few days, and was then cured and very happy. "

"On the third day G. could walk again, on the fourth he could run. In the second week the wounds on the legs were healed, and G. could then already makerapid walking tours into the mountains, lasting from three to four hours. This rapid, incredible success caused great excitement at the Jungborn. G. left us after two weeks without a trace of his former severe suffering about him.I must here call attention to the fact that this brilliant success was achieved at the end of September in the cooler season, otherwise the result would have not been so rapid."

Lots more...

So once again, your circulation is improved due to the charge. Red blood cells no longer clump together. Capillary function is improved and a warm feeling envelopes a person that is grounded for a significant period of time.

This guy speaks of walking barefoot in 1904. I think at that time leather was the product used for the soles of shoes.

I think cities have mandated flooring in homes. If I remember correctly a neighbor to a company I owned had his home condemned. It sounded like a big deal that he had a dirt floor.

I am restoring a home in SC. The floors were all rotted as where the sill beam. From what little I have read since yesterday, even concrete is grounding. I have utilized soil cement in the past. Maybe I should scrap the entire concept of a wood floor and have a soil cement floor. I spent some time in the Philippines years ago and was very impressed with these tiny shiny stones that they used to cover and ordain the concrete floors and walls. They seemed maintenance free and were very aesthetically pleasing.

This guy speaks of walking barefoot in 1904. I think at that time leather was the product used for the soles of shoes.

I think cities have mandated flooring in homes. If I remember correctly a neighbor to a company I owned had his home condemned. It sounded like a big deal that he had a dirt floor.

I am restoring a home in SC. The floors were all rotted as where the sill beam. From what little I have read since yesterday, even concrete is grounding. I have utilized soil cement in the past. Maybe I should scrap the entire concept of a wood floor and have a soil cement floor. I spent some time in the Philippines years ago and was very impressed with these tiny shiny stones that they used to cover and ordain the concrete floors and walls. They seemed maintenance free and were very aesthetically pleasing.
    You don't zero out on concrete if you have lots of electrical devices or power lines around you, but yes it is quite conductive.

I wonder if you added additional rebar if this would help.

Read away. I hope more from these forums take it upon themselves to experiment with this as well.

You don't zero out on concrete if you have lots of electrical devices or power lines around you, but yes it is quite conductive.

I wonder if you added additional rebar if this would help.

Read away. I hope more from these forums take it upon themselves to experiment with this as well.
    I cannot help but be skeptical. There are many environmental doctors that were not afraid to buck the mainstream medical trends. I would think if the healing aspects of sleeping on dirt or walking barefoot were this spectacular we would have heard about before now.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do find this intriguing and plan to to try it. Some aspects I just cannot fathom. I was watching the more than hour long documentary on youtube yesterday. This guy in Alaska crawls under his cabin and lays naked on the ground in a year of record snow. I think 48 feet of snow. I would think a person would have to be in a miserable condition to try such extreme measures. I did not finish the video because for the fist 40 minutes or so he was getting packages delivered and handing them out to people that were supposedly miraculously cured. He tried to get an astronaut to back his cause. The first declined then he found one that seemed willing. The video did not seem as much like a self help cure to ailments as it did a commercial to purchase the mysterious product that kept being delivered that everyone in that town wanted.

The concept seems to make sense I am just curious on how to practically implement it. It would seem that if the electrical charge from the earth is so important to good health, then all the electricity around is would make us sick. The German guy was advocating this before electricity was everywhere and deemed a necessity. If people found it hard to walk barefoot or sleep on the ground in 1904, how could they find it comfortable 115 years later?

I read some reviews on the sheets. One guy claimed there was not continuity so the sheets were bogus.

I remember years ago researching this guy that claimed he could live off the sea. He stated that all elements you need to survive are in the ocean. I think he was living in Hawaii and supposedly spent many hours each day wading in the ocean. If I remember correct he said he didn't even eat. All his nutrition was absorbed from the sea water. I also remember a fertilizer company selling hydroponic fertilizer. If I am not mistaken they claimed all nutrients of life are in sea water. They evaporate the moisture from sea water and are left with organic salts that purportedly provide all the micro and macro elements necessary.
    I've been food/water fasting for the past week or so and I think I've eaten like 3000-4000 calories. I feel AMAZING, AMAZING.

I cannot help but be skeptical. There are many environmental doctors that were not afraid to buck the mainstream medical trends. I would think if the healing aspects of sleeping on dirt or walking barefoot were this spectacular we would have heard about before now.
    I have been extremely skeptical the last 6 weeks as well. Someone once told me I find the worst in everything. With time and then my own family members reports of pain disappearing, I am where I am now.

https://health.usnews.com/wellness/a...ype-or-healing

It's nearly unheard of. Not even Donnay has come across this. That's quite a barometer.

Dr. Mercola grounds for 95% of the day.

The people who have reported on it have not heavily promoted it. People want to sell you $#@!.

r/conspiracy doesn't know about it

RPF had 1 post on the topic. Two semi-related posts.

I'm putting my reputation on the line when I endorse something like this. I'm convinced. I have first hand experience. It's out of this world.

I've been food/water fasting for the past week or so and I think I've eaten like 3000-4000 calories. I feel AMAZING, AMAZING.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ght=water+fast

I strongly believe in fasting. Did it once for around a month.

I have been extremely skeptical the last 6 weeks as well. Someone once told me I find the worst in everything. With time and then my own family members reports of pain disappearing, I am where I am now.

It's nearly unheard of. Not even Donnay has come across this. That's quite a barometer.

Dr. Mercola grounds for 95% of the day.

People want to sell you $#@!.

r/conspiracy doesn't know about it

RPF had 1 post on the topic. Two semi-related posts.

I'm putting my reputation on the line when I endorse something like this. I'm convinced. I have first hand experience. It's out of this world.
    Unheard of except from the people wanting to sell sheets.

I remember environmental doctors recommending sleeping on mattress that had magnets.

If grounding is good, what about an environment that produces a (-) electrical charge? Can suck the bad right out of you.

Unheard of except from the people wanting to sell sheets.

I remember environmental doctors recommending sleeping on mattress that had magnets.

If grounding is good, what about an environment that produces a (-) electrical charge? Can suck the bad right out of you.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=japanese+forest+bathing

Return to Nature.

Been running barefoot since childhood..

Ran a mile barefoot to test the surgical repair to my foot. 1979

I'll be 62 this summer.. I walk barefoot.. I ain't running anywhere.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Theremin - A musical instrument that works off of resonance

Video about how you act as a capacitor around 3 minute mark...

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Sand packs are a subject covered by Edgar Cayce for improved circulation and relaxation , general well being of the blood and nervous system. He also was particularly impressed by the Virginia Beach sand because it has the ideal mix of radium and gold , minerals which help with iodine absorption etc . The sand must be dry and warm.
    Interesting, thanks for sharing. Will check out ARE.

Author of Return to Nature is repetitively adamant that the soil bandages he was employing were moist and cold.

"The wounded warrior always has earth at his disposal, he can even moisten it with his own saliva. If he cannot make a bandage, he need only fill the wound with earth. If a bullet cannot easily be removed with the hand, he can calmly allow it to remain in the body. Extracting the bullet by cutting is injurious, even dangerous.As soon as the warrior has filled or covered his wound with the earth, his pain will cease, and the way will have been prepared for the most favorable healing process. If the bandage with moist earth has once been introduced, the danger from wounds in hospitals will no longer be so exceedingly great in time of war, and there will be a stop to the many operations and amputations. And after the war there will no longer be so many cripples walking the earth without arms or legs, as witnesses to the extremest human misguidance and degeneration."

Evidently so was Jesus on the moist part.

Mark 9:6-7
    6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
    7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

Bandages made of dry moss in WW1: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...WWI-180963081/

“Ninety percent of the cells in a sphagnum plant are dead,” Kimmerer says. “And they’re supposed to be dead. They’re made to be empty so they can be filled with water.” In this case, humans took advantage of that liquid-absorbing capacity to soak up blood, pus and other bodily fluids.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Healthy living.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Everyone ignore the scantily clad women covered in mud and focus on the data! Damnit Danke.

They do look happy.

Everyone ignore the scantily clad women covered in mud and focus on the data! Damnit Danke.

They do look happy.
    Those gals are well grounded.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Those gals are well grounded.
    I agree...

I have been grounding outside with my feet on the ground quite often and I could have sworn it felt better than the grounding sheet I sleep on that was connected to an interior outlet.

I went about testing that tonight...

So, I measured what voltage I was carrying when I was plugged into an outlet inside. I go from carrying about 2 volts to about .4 volts.

I then tried plugging my grounding sheet directly into the ground, stood on it while inside, and I measured 0 with my voltmeter. So the problem is not with the sheet, it's with the grounding system carrying a small load.

We should probably skip plugging into the outlets in a house and go direct to the source. (A lot of older homes are not even grounded in their outlets)

I would recommend you get this $22 grounding rod that has a 40 foot cord along with whatever grounding sheet you decide on.

https://www.earthing.com/accessories...h-40-cord.html

Plug rod into ground, and you're ready to go to 0.

*hugs*

There is gold hidden in here:

Would love to have you look into this grounding thing! Start with the thread.

The pdf file is like 200 pages and it has some woo in it (Prob cause it's from 1903).
    Reading the book now. Very intriguing. What is your take on the "Natural Bath"? I would imagine soap is never used. No shampoo? Just water. Not just any water. Very cold water. Do you practice the natural bath?

Reading the book now. Very intriguing. What is your take on the "Natural Bath"? I would imagine soap is never used. No shampoo? Just water. Not just any water. Very cold water. Do you practice the natural bath?
    I don't have an opinion on the natural bath. Haven't taken one. I've taken a few cold showers and, well, I'm having a hard time describing it as a good or bad experience. It's, uh, different. I guess to be determined on this.

I think the only thing we really need to do is ground ourselves to the earth. Especially so, overnight for 6-8 hours. I believe this is the crux.

This book is awesome. Talks about liberty and health. They are intertwined and that makes you truly independent.

"Men will then also have regained their complete liberty in the care of their health, a highly to be appreciated earthly possession, whose influence should be a special blessing.
    God in His wise providence has given man liberty in the choice of his mode of life, which the animal has not (the animal cannot prepare its food artificially or make clothes). Unfortunately man's liberty has led him to desert nature, and has brought all his misery upon him. But if through his liberty he finds the right way again, and once more returns to nature and God, not from compulsion like the animal, but in consequence of a true understanding, and in obedience to his own free will, he enters upon the highest phase of his development.
    Man now approaches more and more the ideal being from whom all the animal attributes have been sloughed off, while theGodlike attributes are taking their places, and are developing more and more. At all events Providence was working towards the highest end when from the start it gave man liberty.
    For this reason man must always be allowed his freedom, no compulsion must ever be brought to bear upon him, especially not in the matter of his health. Only in perfect liberty can man really get well. "

This should be required reading. It is, however, your liberty.

I've tried the soil bandages and I believe there is something going on there.

I don't have an opinion on the natural bath. Haven't taken one. I've taken a few cold showers and, well, I'm having a hard time describing it as a good or bad experience. It's, uh, different. I guess to be determined on this.

I think the only thing we really need to do is ground ourselves to the earth. Especially so, overnight for 6-8 hours. I believe this is the crux.

This book is awesome. Talks about liberty and health. They are intertwined and that makes you truly independent.

"Men will then also have regained their complete liberty in the care of their health, a highly to be appreciated earthly possession, whose influence should be a special blessing.
    God in His wise providence has given man liberty in the choice of his mode of life, which the animal has not (the animal cannot prepare its food artificially or make clothes). Unfortunately man's liberty has led him to desert nature, and has brought all his misery upon him. But if through his liberty he finds the right way again, and once more returns to nature and God, not from compulsion like the animal, but in consequence of a true understanding, and in obedience to his own free will, he enters upon the highest phase of his development.
    Man now approaches more and more the ideal being from whom all the animal attributes have been sloughed off, while theGodlike attributes are taking their places, and are developing more and more. At all events Providence was working towards the highest end when from the start it gave man liberty.
    For this reason man must always be allowed his freedom, no compulsion must ever be brought to bear upon him, especially not in the matter of his health. Only in perfect liberty can man really get well. "

This should be required reading. It is, however, your liberty.

I've tried the soil bandages and I believe there is something going on there.
    Sure liberty is realized and embraced once you walk naked and barefoot and sleep naked on top of dirt in the invigorating cold as did our ancestors. Only consume natural berries, fruits, nuts and you find liberty. You will no longer need any clothing, home, car. True freedom can be realized because the natural man lives in nature and walks the earth. Use logic. See how the animals live and go do likewise. My fear would be that once some neighbor finds out or sees you, you will live as a caged animal and sleep naked on the cement.

Honestly it makes sense. Humans should live as nature intended us to live. I do not think liberty will be found in doing so. I think a person would be deemed insane and perverted. But that doesn't mean that man is correct. I am confident that nature is correct and if we lived as nature intended we would be healthier in body, mind, and spirit.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast