Thread: Governor Dunleavy Offers Trump Alaska National Guard To Protect Southern Border

Governor Dunleavy Offers Trump Alaska National Guard To Protect Southern Border

Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy offered President Donald J. Trump the use of the Alaska National Guard to protect U.S.-Mexico border, calling the situation at the unprotected border a crisis.
    “Today I notified the White House that Alaska and our National Guard, if called upon, stand ready to support the national security crisis at the southern border,” said Dunleavy in a statement recorded last weekend.
    He continued, “While the southern border may seem far away and distant, this crisis is real, and a potential threat to every American, including Alaskans.”
    “I look forward to our congressional delegation and Alaskans joining me to support our president’s mission to secure our borders.”

The Alaska National Guard includes both the 176th Wing and 168th Wing, offering President Trump the potential addition of 3,000 or more soldiers to guard the border until the wall is built, though reports indicate they have have not yet been called into action.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/govern...uthern-border/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks Gov, we are sending heaters as fast as we can.
    Appreciate your border support.
    Up to 3000, impressive.

Alaska's southern border?

Since they are not allowed to actually patrol the border or apprehend anybody, the California National Guard did maintenance on vehicles and filed paperwork.

Ca offers LGBT Coalition to go down there and scare illegals to death.

It was 2019 when an ongoing invasion of America’s borders swelled to tens of thousands a month, not a shot was fired to defend the borders of the United States, and America’s domestic enemies, many in Congress, were successful in conquering a prosperous and freedom loving people.

JWK

There is no surer way to weaken, subdue, demoralize and then conquer a prosperous and freedom loving people than by allowing and encouraging the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low-skilled, criminal and diseased populations of other countries to invade that country, and make the country’s existing citizens tax-slaves to support the economic needs of such invaders.

Governor Dunleavy Offers Trump Alaska National Guard To Protect Southern Border
    Dunleavy should mind his own (state's) damn business and butt the hell out of the affairs of California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

Goddam foreign interlopers ... /not-sarcasm
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Dunleavy should mind his own (state's) damn business and butt the hell out of the affairs of California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

Unless Alaska moved when I wasn't looking ...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Until Alaska is not controlled by the federal government and is a fully independent state the invasion IS their business.

The invaders will impose communism on Alaska through the federal government.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If I was Gov of Alaska I would send the state troopers . I doubt anyone there would miss them .
    Do something Danke

You can see Russia from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Until Alaska is not controlled by the federal government and is a fully independent state the invasion IS their business.
    No, it isn't.

It's one thing for Alaskans to merely tolerate and submit (wisely or unwisely) to the federal government's impositions upon them.

It's quite another for them to support and reinforce the ostensible justifications for those impositions by actively participating in them.

The invaders will impose communism on Alaska through the federal government.
    In which case they'll have the same options then as they have now: (1) passive submission, (2) active non-compliance, or (3) active participation.

And if the option they exercise now is (3) - that is, to butt into others' business - then they'll have no business complaining when the commies from the "lower 48" butt into theirs ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-21-2019 at 08:03 PM.

No, it isn't.

It's one thing for Alaskans to merely tolerate and submit (wisely or unwisely) to the federal government's impositions upon them.

It's quite another for them to support and reinforce the ostensible justifications for those impositions by actively participating in them.

In which case they'll have the same options then as they have now: (1) passive submission, (2) active non-compliance, or (3) active participation.

And if the option they exercise now is (3) - that is, to butt into others' business - then they'll have no business complaining when the commies from the "lower 48" butt into theirs ...

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Oh, well. I guess I'm just too conservative for you (ya flaming liberal ... )

Oh, well. I guess I'm just too conservative for you (ya flaming liberal Trumpskiite... )
    Fixed that for you Bro. H/T to jmdrake
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin