Thread: DHS to label white supremacists as the 'most persistent and lethal threat' to the US

DHS to label white supremacists as the 'most persistent and lethal threat' to the US

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is set to label white supremacists as the most serious terror threat facing the United States.

In three draft reports reviewed by Politico, DHS says the threat posed by white supremacists is more significant than the immediate danger from foreign terrorists.

“Foreign terrorist organizations will continue to call for Homeland attacks but probably will remain constrained in their ability to direct such plots over the next year,” all three documents say.

Russia “probably will be the primary covert foreign influence actor and purveyor of disinformation and misinformation in the Homeland,” the documents add.

DHS did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.

Kevin McAleenan, the former acting DHS secretary, ordered the agency last year to start crafting annual homeland threat assessments. The three draft documents use varying language to describe the threat posed by white supremacists, but all of them say they pose the most significant threat, according to Politico.

“Lone offenders and small cells of individuals motivated by a diverse array of social, ideological, and personal factors will pose the primary terrorist threat to the United States,” the earliest draft reads. “Among these groups, we assess that white supremacist extremists – who increasingly are networking with likeminded persons abroad – will pose the most persistent and lethal threat.

“We judge that ideologically-motivated lone offenders and small groups will pose the greatest terrorist threat to the Homeland through 2021, with white supremacist extremists presenting the most lethal threat,” it adds.

The next two drafts reportedly allude to “Domestic Violent Extremists,” or DVEs, instead of “white supremacist extremists” as “the most persistent and lethal threat,” though all three read, “Among DVEs, we judge that white supremacist extremists (WSEs) will remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the Homeland through 2021.”

None of the drafts refer to Antifa, the loose association of anti-fascist groups that President Trump and Republicans have described as dangerous anarchists and terrorists, though two drafts discuss groups that want to exploit the “social grievances” driving lawful protests.
    https://thehill.com/policy/national-...ent-and-lethal
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    White supremacy doesn't exist!

Looks like the deep state is still in control.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Cities are burning in front of our eyes and still with all this?

I don't agree with white supremacists, but it's very what groups are causing problems lately.

The sort of nonsense we experienced during the Obama era. Anyone remember this?

Missouri Fusion Center Labels As Suspicious Supporters of Ron Paul and Bob Barr, and Income Tax Critics

The Missouri Information Analysis Center (“MIAC”) recently published a report, “The Modern Militia Movement” that cautioned police to look for certain signs that individuals are part of the militia movement and to be wary of such people. (1.7 MB pdf of report found at Infowars — note that I do not support all of the comments made in that posting, though I defend Infowars’ right to say them. News report here; another informative blog post here — including some statements I do not support.) There has been an uproar because it is clear the MIAC is creating a “dangerous person” profile that includes political affiliation and policies.
    Political paraphernalia: Militia members most commonly associate with 3rd party political groups. It is not uncommon for militia members to display Constitutional Party, Campaign for Liberty, or Libertarian material. These members are usually supporters of former Presidential Candidate: Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr.
    The report also deems as suspicious those individuals who are critical of the Federal Reserve System and income taxes. It comes amid increasing questions about privacy and civil liberty problems with fusion centers, and as new US Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has been championing the widespread use of fusion centers (more on that below). (The Congressional Research Service published a report (pdf) about fusion centers and questions surrounding them in 2007.)
    MIAC is a “fusion center,” defined by (pdf) the Department of Justice as a “mechanism to exchange information and intelligence, maximize resources, streamline operations, and improve the ability to fight crime and terrorism by analyzing data from a variety of sources,” which includes private sector firms and anonymous tipsters. MIAC has defined itself and its mission:
    https://www.privacylives.com/missouri-fusion-center-labels-as-suspicious-supporters-of-ron-paul-and-bob-barr-and-income-tax-critics/2009/03/17/

More white supremacists:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1593495212003-2.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	7724
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

$#@! Morris Dees.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    More white supremacists:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1593495212003-2.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	7724
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Danke again.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Looks like the deep state is still in control.
    IF you believe Politico rumors.

Either way Trump is pursuing the real threats.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Most of you should already know what they call a "White Supremacist," these days, they have been building it up for years (press releases), if you are White, and a Nationalist, then you fit their definition.

Look at the headline...... INFILTRATION.
    FJB

White Supremacy a bigger threat than the Deep State? What a joke...
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Cities are burning in front of our eyes and still with all this?

I don't agree with white supremacists, but it's very what groups are causing problems lately.
    Exactly.
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Quote Originally Posted by Marenco View Post
    "White Supremacy" a bigger threat to the Deep State? Not a joke...
    fify

Communists and Marxists are the most lethal threat from what I can tell.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge