Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Men who like spicier food are 'alpha males' with higher levels of testosterone, French report

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Hot pepper vs. horseradish "burn" just feel completely different to me.
    I like capsicum peppers. I like horseradish. I like wasabi.

The thing that goes on more of my food than anything else is black pepper.
    It has to be fresh, and it has to be purpose ground.
    The colorful assortments are ok: it can have some red, white, or green corns in there too.

Eggs? Black pepper. Hashbrowns? Black pepper. Steaks? Black pepper. Roast chicken? Black pepper.
    Bloody Marys??
    Needs the Tobasco, to be sure, but topped off with lots of black pepper!
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    i like spicy food like horseradish but am not big on hot foods like chili peppers... though i do like jalapenos on my nachos... i wouldnt mind trying your thai hot suggestion though at a future date... how do you order something like that?
    Ya I can vouch for RJB, when you eat a good hot curry you definitely get a little high after.

According to him you order it "thai hot".. or just tell them you want it extra or very spicy.

I like green curry from thai places the best, but red and yellow and panang curries are good too... so is massaman..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Me too, I love 'em both.

Is that really the same thing? I only like a slight bit of burn in Mexican/Spanish/Indian food (somewhere between mild/medium American standard), but I can eat wasabi/horseradish with absolutely no problem--and I love cocktail sauce that generally startles other people when they taste it.

Are you questioning my status as an alpha male?

It's too late, I'm on the list.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post

I think she did.
    I'm the only one that can edit the list, your alpha status is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    That's about as alpha as it gets.

Yay!!! We're up to 18 17 RPF alpha males. Woot!

tod evans
    spikendrer
    RJB
    specs
    brushfire
    He Who Shall Not Be Named (from a rep comment-Yes, you are alpha)
    acptulsa
    Phil
    Pete
    Bad Giraffe
    Cap
    AF
    dannno (lucky 13)
    libertyjam
    staerker
    Todd
    fisharmor
    jmdrake

HM - donnay
    Fify.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I think she did.
    I'm the only one that can edit the list, your alpha status is safe.
    Guess not...
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I always take my habenero when I go camping. Twice I've used it medically: Once it stopped a fellow camper's grand mal seizure. Another time it stopped a heart attack induced by a cocaine overdose/suicide attempt. The cocaine guy was "posturing" faces of death style; turning blue. I grabbed that dudes beard, opened his mouth and dumped in some smoked habenero...

"WTF is so hot in my mouth?!?!"

Never saw someone go from so almost dead to wide awake so fast.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Guess not...
    Did you try to edit the list without her permission? If I were her, I would take you off the list for that.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Eat more peppers!
    eat more preppers!
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Fify.
    Guess not...
    I'll call your sexuality into question if you edit muh alpha male list again.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I always take my habenero when I go camping. Twice I've used it medically: Once it stopped a fellow camper's grand mal seizure. Another time it stopped a heart attack induced by a cocaine overdose/suicide attempt. The cocaine guy was "posturing" faces of death style; turning blue. I grabbed that dudes beard, opened his mouth and dumped in some smoked habenero...

"WTF is so hot in my mouth?!?!"

Never saw someone go from so almost dead to wide awake so fast.
    When your peppers raise the dead....you're an alpha.

Yay!!! We're up to 19 RPF alpha males. Woot!

tod evans
    spikendrer
    RJB
    specs
    brushfire
    acptulsa
    Phil
    Pete
    Bad Giraffe
    Cap
    AF
    dannno (lucky 13)
    libertyjam
    staerker
    Todd
    fisharmor
    jmdrake
    presence

HM - donnay

Did you try to edit the list without her permission? If I were her, I would take you off the list for that.
    Lol, just messing around.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll call your sexuality will come into question if you edit muh alpha male list again.
    Lol, what???
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

If he couldn't stand the heat, he wouldn't be on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    eat more preppers!
    If you add hot sauce, you're alpha. If not, you're just creepy.

Lol, what???

I'll call your sexuality will come into question if you edit muh alpha male list again.
    Oh, I thought you were speaking Chinese Buffet.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Oh, I thought you were speaking Chinese Buffet.
    Winease

I still remember the first time I had wasabi. It was my first time at a sushi restaurant and I had no idea what it was, so I put a whole big globule of it on my chopsticks and ate it whole...

Once the tears and steam stopped pouring off my face, I realized I loved it. Every time I eat wasabi, I feel like I'm confronting my own mortality. The crescendoing feeling of imminent death, followed by the sensation of relief that washes over you as the pressure in your head ebbs back down....that's one of life's best and few cheap legal thrills!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    I still remember the first time I had wasabi. It was my first time at a sushi restaurant and I had no idea what it was, so I put a whole big globule of it on my chopsticks and ate it whole...

Once the tears and steam stopped pouring off my face, I realized I loved it. Every time I eat wasabi, I feel like I'm confronting my own mortality. The crescendoing feeling of imminent death, followed by the sensation of relief that washes over you as the pressure in your head ebbs back down....that's one of life's best and few cheap legal thrills!

That's alpha.

Yay!!! We're up to 20 RPF alpha males. Woot!

tod evans
    spikendrer
    RJB
    specs
    brushfire
    acptulsa
    Phil
    Pete
    Bad Giraffe
    Cap
    AF
    dannno (lucky 13)
    libertyjam
    staerker
    Todd
    fisharmor
    jmdrake
    presence
    BuddyRey

HM - donnay

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So does this mean they can withstand pepper spray?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

These two posts reminded me of some video of wasabi.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    When I first tried sushi (in a very dark Japanese restaurant in Las Vegas), I thought the wasabi was guacamole and took a gigantic scoop of it and I couldn't taste anything for three days. *SIGH*
    This guy made the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I like capsicum peppers. I like horseradish. I like wasabi.

The thing that goes on more of my food than anything else is black pepper.
    It has to be fresh, and it has to be purpose ground.
    The colorful assortments are ok: it can have some red, white, or green corns in there too.

Eggs? Black pepper. Hashbrowns? Black pepper. Steaks? Black pepper. Roast chicken? Black pepper.
    Bloody Marys??
    Needs the Tobasco, to be sure, but topped off with lots of black pepper!
    Salt and pepper on almost everything--fresh ground pepper, of course. A little tabasco isn't bad with eggs, bloody marys or chicken wings, but other than that--I really don't know what to do with the stuff.

My one suggestion for seasoning, that isn't hot or spicy--citrus. Lemon and lime juice are amazing in soups and all kinds of dishes. Ginger too. When I make stock or stir-fries, I always want those things. Although rice wine vinegar is good stuff too...and toasted sesame oil.

I have yet to try lemongrass--anyone?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Take it how you'd like--all I'm saying is that I'm a chick, and y'know, wasabi is all girly and stuff.

Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    So does this mean they can withstand pepper spray?
    I can take a pretty good dose of CS.. I can also smell trace amounts,, usually before anyone else.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

If you all ever go to a Pakistani restaurant, see if they have Nihari. If you order it, make sure they make it authentic and spicy. Make sure you go to Pakistani restaurant. Indian restaurants will not have it. Nihari, IMO, is the best food in the world.

I usually have no problem eating jalapenos by themselves. My brother will always give me his if there are on his pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by ExPatPaki View Post
    If you all ever go to a Pakistani restaurant, see if they have Nihari. If you order it, make sure they make it authentic and spicy. Make sure you go to Pakistani restaurant. Indian restaurants will not have it. Nihari, IMO, is the best food in the world.

I usually have no problem eating jalapenos by themselves. My brother will always give me his if there are on his pizza.
    looks like it has meat in it....is there a legit vegetarian recipe for vegans?...

i have vegans in my family. I'm not however...just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I can take a pretty good dose of CS.. I can also smell trace amounts,, usually before anyone else.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by ExPatPaki View Post
    That's alpha.

A twofer.

Yay!!! We're up to 22 RPF alpha males. Woot!

tod evans
    spikendrer
    RJB
    specs
    brushfire
    acptulsa
    Phil
    Pete
    Bad Giraffe
    Cap
    AF
    dannno (lucky 13)
    libertyjam
    staerker
    Todd
    fisharmor
    jmdrake
    presence
    BuddyRey
    pete
    ExPatPaki

HM - donnay

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    looks like it has meat in it....is there a legit vegetarian recipe for vegans?...

i have vegans in my family. I'm not however...just curious.
    You gotta have meat, usually beef or lamb in Nihari. Bone marrow is where the taste comes from.

However, you could buy the Nihari spice packet:

And use the spice powder to rub that on tofu/veggie burgers before you grill them. The nihari spice powder makes an excellent rub for grilling burgers.

But there are some vegetarian nihari recipes. Google search came up with this: http://www.phamfatale.com/id_2425/ti...y-Tofu-Recipe/

Add Danke.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast