Thread: Solution to China?

Solution to China?

What is the correct libertarian response to China and their evil agenda? Embargo? Continue trade with them?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    By personal choice I've spent my lifetime trying to avoid products made there.There is no solution probably. The world buys all their cheap $#@! from there.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by liberty656 View Post
    What is the correct libertarian response to China and their evil agenda? Embargo? Continue trade with them?
    China's growth has been driven by some kind of criminal chicanery. My guess is that it is being orchestrated by the globalists in order to convert China into the new USSR but better -- "See, communism works (while actually using capitalism behind closed doors), in fact, it's even more economically powerful than capitalism!" It's a dual-strategy of draining US wealth while simultaneously fueling absurd growth within China.

The libertarian theory of foreign relations is the same for every country -- withdraw all foreign entanglements (including spies, etc.), and open all trade lanes (end all import/export controls, no embargoes, no harassment near their territorial waters, etc.) "Yeah, but they cheat!! Their government subsidizes XYZ industries!" Careful analysis will show that these kinds of subsidies do not hurt us, they are only hurting their own citizens. If a foreign country wants to shoot themselves in the foot with a handgun, there is no sense in shooting ourselves in the foot with a bazooka to prove them "wrong".

"But what about our allies??" What is there not to understand in "foreign entanglements"?? If your next-door neighbor wants to have a dispute with his neighbor, let them argue. Who appointed you block policeman?

The way to defeat the international communists is to set our own people free, as the founding fathers intended. Peace, prosperity and power are the result of freedom -- both basic freedoms and economic freedoms. By setting Americans free to achieve what they are really capable of, the rest of the world will be left in the dust. Prior to the world wars, this was already happening and causing massive embarrassment to the established Old World regimes everywhere around the globe. The typical pre-WWII American was attaining a standard-of-living much closer to foreign gentry, while the majority foreign lower classes relative to the typical American were starting to look more and more like starving tribal people. A cynical individual might wonder if that's the real reason that the US was wooed by the Old World to participate in the absurd "world" (read "European") wars.

And since 1971, the gutting of the US dollar has done far more damage than the neo-Keynesians have let on. Inflation is only supposed to affect financial types and big businesses; ordinary workers and businesses supposedly don't need to worry about it as long as they "invest" for "inflation protection." In fact, the unchecked devaluation of the US dollar has damaged the real economy and is one of the primary reasons that the US economy and infrastructure is falling apart around us, while China is skyrocketing to the Moon. Who here thinks that Chinese facial-recognition cameras that send people tickets for jaywalking are the cause of Chinese economic success vis-a-vis the United States?? There is nothing about tyranny that creates general prosperity. Tyranny is the diametric opposite of general prosperity. If you want to know the real outcome of communism and tyranny, followed to their ultimate logical limit, look at North Korea. What would the libertarian response be to North Korea? (1) Stay out of their affairs and, (2) if they are capable of doing lawful trade, allow Americans to trade with them (assuming any Americans would want to). That's it.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

"AMERICA"
    is the HUNS
    attack dog

we die for their supply lines
    they enrich themselves from our public coffers
    they control our institutions, politicians, and corporations
    there is no solution
    but we got a big pile of trash out of it!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Solutions? If anything we should be taking pointers from China? China has lifted huge percentages of their population out of extreme poverty. A simple google search yield this information. That doesn't count because those are statistics from the World Bank right?
    The research I've done on China be it very limited (internet articles, youtube videos, and audiobooks) I have nothing, but respect for China. I respect hard work and wish China nothing but the best. China will overtake the US and we deserve it. There is no work ethic in this country all people do is watch Netflix and play video games.

Embargo.
    Heavy tariffs at the least.
    Buying the product of slave labor is immoral and anti-liberty.
    China is a vast slave state.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 07-12-2021 at 02:29 AM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

What's your leftist opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

From a national stand point -

1. Establish a true national defense: withdraw our forces (or at least most of them, maybe 80-90%) from the rest of the world and bring them back to our borders. Have our ships patrol our shores, establish some military bases at various points along the border.

2. Lower taxes and regulations on businesses: Part of the reason so many go to China now is they have extremely lax laws, taxes, and regulations on businesses. Much like how the U.S. used to be. Now, businesses are encumbered with all kinds of nonsense in the U.S. to where it doesn't make it profitable for them to establish here. I have two points on this: Jim Rogers talks about this quite a bit (he lives in Singapore now, I think) - the U.S. is simply not as competitive as China in this realm now. And second, I've spoken to locally owned businesses who had manufacturing bases in China. They've told me with their own words that it's simpler, easier, and cheaper to manufacture in China than it is here and that's what helps keep their businesses profitable in the long run.

3. Open free trade with everyone: This never hurts as long as both parties have materials/services willing to be exchanged. And honestly, this should apply to the likes of all countries. Our sanctions are killing innocents abroad and are just pissing people off. Tear away sanctions, establish trade, and we can curry favor with these other nations again.

4. Understand that China's rise began with us: Nixon started it all in the 70s. The U.S., as outlined above, continued with their nonsense internally and drove manufacturing away over the course of decades. The U.S. is now a service based economy. We can get away from this but not over night and it takes some honest reflection with ourselves, which won't happen. However, we can understand that this is becoming China's century and work within those parameters. Their rise, I feel, is inevitable.

From a personal stand point -

1. Do your best to not buy products made there. Good luck.
    2. Understand that China's fingerprints are all over the chaos in the U.S. right now. I think they are at least one of the driving forces behind BLM/Antifa, etc. in some form. Even if it was the CCP that planted some of the ideas, they have a role in this to some degree. They want the U.S. divided internally as that's how empires typically fall. This will hasten their rise and their century that they want so badly.
    3. Work with local and state governments to produce business friendly environments. Write to your congressman...

Not sure what else there is.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Chester Nimitz or Bull Halsey were running the navy today, instead of politicians, I'd say a complete naval blockade of China.

I'd also be in favor of seizure of all CCP assets within the United States and on the high seas, to be liquidated and paid out as war reparations to the American people for the half million Americans killed by the release of the COVID19 bioweapon on the world.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    Solutions? If anything we should be taking pointers from China? China has lifted huge percentages of their population out of extreme poverty. A simple google search yield this information. That doesn't count because those are statistics from the World Bank right?
    The research I've done on China be it very limited (internet articles, youtube videos, and audiobooks) I have nothing, but respect for China. I respect hard work and wish China nothing but the best. China will overtake the US and we deserve it. There is no work ethic in this country all people do is watch Netflix and play video games.
    Good answer comrade.

We need a couple of Cultural Revolutions and Great Leaps Forward.

Who shall we kill and how many millions of them do you think we need?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

If you don't want to buy stuff that was made in China, then don't. If you think you can convince enough other people to join you in doing that to make a difference, then go for it.

It's not something the government should be involved in in any way.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Stop using banker Monopoly money. Stop playing the banker's games. Remember who finances both sides of every war....
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

As to the point above: stop misunderstanding the CCP as communist in anything but name. China is a fascist state, act accordingly?
    “I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
    "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Diversity and inclusivity mandate such behavior and opinions.

Common sense however says it is not good to associate with those who think and behave differently from what you know to be right.

A healthy America would stop interacting with oppressive nations and their people, we however are far from healthy. Our morals, ethics and shared history are being called into question whilst our government tries to police the globe either by cajoling or by force.

Trade may be good but trade that empowers and encourages bad behavior should be curtailed and a healthy society would push such behavior.

Our country has no right to insist other nations do anything but we have every right to withhold our resources.

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    As to the point above: stop misunderstanding the CCP as communist in anything but name. China is a fascist state, act accordingly?
    Is there truly a difference at this point?
    I have always found the people that make this statement tend to be leftists (interpret my statement towards yours however you want)... The CCP IS communist, but they are using a veil to mask some of the elements of capitalism, and perhaps fascism, they employ within their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Good answer comrade.

We need a couple of Cultural Revolutions and Great Leaps Forward.

Who shall we kill and how many millions of them do you think we need?
    First I'm not commie.
    Second I don't want a great leap forward or whatever you want to call it. I want people to have the mentality of my grandparents and great grandparents. Have some work ethic and healthy moral compass.
    Finally I don't want to see millions of people killed as stated before I'm not a commie/leftist.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Is there truly a difference at this point?
    I have always found the people that make this statement tend to be leftists (interpret my statement towards yours however you want)... The CCP IS communist, but they are using a veil to mask some of the elements of capitalism, and perhaps fascism, they employ within their country.
    For one thing a communist state is a contradiction, if Marx is considered the progenitor of communism (end goal being stateless society). The intermediary is a monolithic state power that controls the means of production. Yet, it seems like the CCP allows private enterprise to exist, so long as it is subordinated to the state and operates to the benefit of the state.

I could be wrong, but isn't that the definition of fascism? Partnership between corporate managers and state power at the expense of the general public?

Of course, what would that make the USA? I believe this is why so much propaganda is exerted to connect fascism with white supremacy.The latter being one of many variations that the economic model of Fascism may appear as. Now, I've a diet of pabulum, so may be wrong.

I've learned that my position on the false dichotomy depends on who I'm talking to. To leftists I'm far right lunatic, to the right I am a far left lunatic. It's weird, because for the most part my position(s) don't change.
    “I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
    "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Of course, what would that make the USA? I believe this is why so much propaganda is exerted to connect fascism with white supremacy.The latter being one of many variations that the economic model of Fascism may appear as. Now, I've a diet of pabulum, so may be wrong.
    But that would certainly explain it.

I've learned that my position on the false dichotomy depends on who I'm talking to. To leftists I'm far right lunatic, to the right I am a far left lunatic. It's weird, because for the most part my position(s) don't change.
    That's the beauty of their propaganda. That's the Teflon that keeps the truth of what they are from sticking to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

First I'm not commie.
    Second I don't want a great leap forward or whatever you want to call it. I want people to have the mentality of my grandparents and great grandparents. Have some work ethic and healthy moral compass.
    Finally I don't want to see millions of people killed as stated before I'm not a commie/leftist.
    Perhaps I came off a bit harsh, my apologies.

I'd just suggest that you be careful about what you wish for.

1.2 billion hard working, industrious Chinese working for global Marxist superiority...not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If Chester Nimitz or Bull Halsey were running the navy today, instead of politicians, I'd say a complete naval blockade of China.
    Navy Brass Focused More on Wokeness than Warfighting: GOP Report

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ng-gop-report/

Kristina Wong 13 Jul 2021

The Navy’s top brass is more focused on wokeness and diversity training than on winning wars — leaving sailors feeling unprepared to face a 21st century conflict with China, according to a damning report commissioned by Republican lawmakers.

The report, commissioned by Republicans on the Senate and House Armed Services Committees, showed that since the end of the Cold War, the Navy has been drifting more towards a culture of careerism, political correctness, and risk aversion than actually training its sailors on how to fight and win.

The report, written by Marine Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Robert E. Schmidle and Navy Rear Adm. (Ret.) Mark Montgomery, found after 77 in-depth interviews with sailors of different ranks and jobs that their frustration with non-essential training was “overwhelming.”

The report said:

While programs to encourage diversity, human sex trafficking prevention, suicide prevention, sexual assault prevention, and others are appropriate, they come with a cost. The non-combat curricula consume Navy resources, clog inboxes, create administrative quagmires, and monopolize precious training time.

By weighing down sailors with non-combat related training and administrative burdens, both Congress and Navy leaders risk sending them into battle less prepared and less focused than their opponents.

One active duty lieutenant said in the report, “Sometimes I think we care more about whether we have enough diversity officers than if we’ll survive a fight with the Chinese navy.”

She added: “It’s criminal. They think my only value is as a black woman. But you cut our ship open with a missile and we’ll all bleed the same color.”

A recently retired senior enlisted leader also referenced the top brass’s focus on diversity training over basic operational skills.

“I guarantee you every unit in the Navy is up to speed on their diversity training. I’m sorry that I can’t say the same of their ship handling training,” he said.

Others attested to a Navy more focused on compliance training than warfighting.

“The Navy treats warfighting readiness as a compliance issue,” one career commander said. “You might even use the term compliance-centered warfare as opposed to adversary-centered warfare or warfighter-centered warfare.”

One career surface warfare officer said: “I’ve never heard anyone in any [congressional] testimony that I can think of that talks about actually winning. And so that’s not to absolve the Navy of its responsibility, but it’s just stunning to me.”

The report was ordered by Sen. Tom Cotton (AR), an Army veteran; Rep. Jim Banks (IN), a Navy reservist; Rep. Dan Crenshaw (TX), a Navy SEAL veteran; and Rep. Mike Gallagher (WI), a Marine veteran.

They commissioned the report after a series of major naval accidents, to include the deadly collision of two destroyers at sea, the surrender of a small craft to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps in the Arabian Gulf, and a fire on the USS Bonhomme Richard in San Diego.

Both Cotton and Banks have grilled Navy leadership on diversity training in recent weeks. At one hearing, Cotton questioned why the Navy’s top officer put Ibram X. Kendi’s book How to Be an Antiracist on his recommended reading list for every sailor instead of a book on seafaring, given sailors’ limited time.

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Mike Gilday defended his decision at the time, saying racism “is still a painful part of our culture.” He said:

In talking to sailors over the past year, it’s clearly obvious to me and others that the murder of George Floyd and the events surrounding that and the discussions in this country about racism which go back for years and years and years are still a painful part of our culture and that talking about them, understanding them is the best approach.

Banks said Tuesday in a statement to Breitbart News about the report:

This report doesn’t mince words. At a time when the Navy’s readiness is more critical than ever before, this report depicts a Navy leadership that’s distracted from the number one threat to American national security: The Chinese Communist Party. As China’s Navy exceeds ours in size, the U.S. Navy must be ready to face any threat. I look forward to implementing the recommendations of the report and refocusing our Navy on threats from China.

The report also criticized the Navy for overreacting to the news media.

It mentioned a specific incident where a master chief was disciplined after telling sailors to “clap like you’re at a strip club” during a visit to their ship by former Vice President Mike Pence. A reporter had overheard the remarks, prompting the master chief’s resignation after 30 years of service. The GOP report said:

The inability of senior Navy leaders to recognize that such a story was fleeting and trivial reinforced the perception that the Navy will not stand behind their own sailors when unfair or unfounded or, in this case, farcical stories make it to print. The trend has not gone unnoticed. It creates the impression in the lower ranks that Navy leaders are easily cowed by the press and will throw sailors to the wolves should their name appear in print. It further suggests a profound weakness in the senior rungs of the chain of command, advertising a critical vulnerability to sophisticated information operations conducted by foreign actors and all but inviting sailors with personal vendettas to leak damaging information.

The report also found a lack of resources and consistency in surface warfare training programs and a lack of commitment to surface ship maintenance. Before 2003, surface warfare officers attended weeks of hands-on and simulated training in a classroom, but after 2003, they were given 23 CDs. In addition, steaming days were dramatically reduced.

The report made several major recommendations. In addition to prioritizing warfighting, it recommended getting “politics and media out of the wardroom.”

“Renew the Navy’s noble tradition of remaining out of politics. Limit social media accounts and activities by Navy officials, discourage use of toxic platforms by sailors, remove all political and sociological topics from Professional Military Education and replace them with essential warfighting courseware. Modernize public affairs training,” it said.

Another recommendation was to:

Eliminate distractions. Institute a review to identify and reduce bureaucratic excess, nonessential communications, and unnecessary administrative burdens. Aim to create white space on calendars that can instead be used for training, doctrine, and warfighting fundamentals.

The report concluded with a warning — that a “major peer-level conflict” in the 21st Century will likely play out largely in the naval theaters of operations.

“Such a conflict will likely proceed swiftly and not permit significant time for organizational learning once it is underway. U.S. national security depends upon the surface Navy being an effective team. The most important step Navy leaders can take is to prioritize, above all else, warfighting and lethality,” it said.

“The sailors interviewed for this report do not believe the Navy prioritizes fighting and winning because Navy leaders do not talk about fighting and winning. … Unless changes are made, the Navy risks losing the next major conflict.”

China studied America and found a chink in the armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

End all taxes.

Fund the government through import taxes only.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    End all taxes.

an interesting experiment
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    China studied America and found a chink in the armor.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    From a national stand point -

1. Establish a true national defense: withdraw our forces (or at least most of them, maybe 80-90%) from the rest of the world and bring them back to our borders. Have our ships patrol our shores, establish some military bases at various points along the border.

2. Lower taxes and regulations on businesses: Part of the reason so many go to China now is they have extremely lax laws, taxes, and regulations on businesses. Much like how the U.S. used to be. Now, businesses are encumbered with all kinds of nonsense in the U.S. to where it doesn't make it profitable for them to establish here. I have two points on this: Jim Rogers talks about this quite a bit (he lives in Singapore now, I think) - the U.S. is simply not as competitive as China in this realm now. And second, I've spoken to locally owned businesses who had manufacturing bases in China. They've told me with their own words that it's simpler, easier, and cheaper to manufacture in China than it is here and that's what helps keep their businesses profitable in the long run.

3. Open free trade with everyone: This never hurts as long as both parties have materials/services willing to be exchanged. And honestly, this should apply to the likes of all countries. Our sanctions are killing innocents abroad and are just pissing people off. Tear away sanctions, establish trade, and we can curry favor with these other nations again.

4. Understand that China's rise began with us: Nixon started it all in the 70s. The U.S., as outlined above, continued with their nonsense internally and drove manufacturing away over the course of decades. The U.S. is now a service based economy. We can get away from this but not over night and it takes some honest reflection with ourselves, which won't happen. However, we can understand that this is becoming China's century and work within those parameters. Their rise, I feel, is inevitable.

From a personal stand point -

1. Do your best to not buy products made there. Good luck.
    2. Understand that China's fingerprints are all over the chaos in the U.S. right now. I think they are at least one of the driving forces behind BLM/Antifa, etc. in some form. Even if it was the CCP that planted some of the ideas, they have a role in this to some degree. They want the U.S. divided internally as that's how empires typically fall. This will hasten their rise and their century that they want so badly.
    3. Work with local and state governments to produce business friendly environments. Write to your congressman...

Not sure what else there is.
    Pretty much my POV.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    End all taxes.

You must spread some reputation around.......

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

China was at war with us when Nixon went there and that never changed.
    Trading with the enemy has nearly destroyed us.

Fortunately China's incompetence is going to cause it to collapse soon and we will have another chance.
    Let's not repeat the mistake.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

China was at war with us when Nixon went there and that never changed.
    Trading with the enemy has nearly destroyed us.

Fortunately China's incompetence is going to cause it to collapse soon and we will have another chance.
    Let's not repeat the mistake.
    This IS still entirely possible. But I do believe that as each day passes, the chances of a major collapse in China that sets them back decades becomes more unlikely. However, it's still possible. Keep in mind, they're still new at this themselves (stepping into the future, trying to become a first world country, etc.). They do have all of the cards in their hands, but something cataclysmic could happen to them and it very well could set them back. Keep in mind a lot of what they have is only on paper. They still have entire cities unpopulated, etc.
    Another thing that only time will tell.

Here's the right answer:

Here's the communist/nationalist answer, which got us into this mess in the first place:

Embargo.
    Heavy tariffs at the least.
    Buying the product of slave labor is immoral and anti-liberty.
    China is a vast slave state.

Another episode that might be of interest:

Ron Paul Liberty Report: Forcing Americans Not to Work, Paying Them Not To Work ... Jobs Plan?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)