Thread: People Should Get Outside More

People Should Get Outside More

Been going to parks throughout my city over the last couple weeks. The weather has been mostly great. We're usually the only ones at these parks and school playgrounds. And if there are others, it's maybe one other family.

When I was a kid, people were always out during Summer time. Kids were out, parents had drinks and lawn chairs out with them. People would wave at each other, etc. In my neighborhood, NO ONE is ever out. No one just sits out in their drive ways with neighbors, etc.

I guess now with all of our streaming channels and air conditioning, etc. people just don't want to be outside anymore. It's a crime. Kids need to be outside. They learn much more being outside vs. stuck in front of a screen.

We are raising little sociopaths because all people do is stay inside in front of screens.

Get your families outside when the weather is nice for God's Sake.

This stuff is just sad and makes me lose faith.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Been going to parks throughout my city over the last couple weeks. The weather has been mostly great. We're usually the only ones at these parks and school playgrounds. And if there are others, it's maybe one other family.

When I was a kid, people were always out during Summer time. Kids were out, parents had drinks and lawn chairs out with them. People would wave at each other, etc. In my neighborhood, NO ONE is ever out. No one just sits out in their drive ways with neighbors, etc.

I guess now with all of our streaming channels and air conditioning, etc. people just don't want to be outside anymore. It's a crime. Kids need to be outside. They learn much more being outside vs. stuck in front of a screen.

We are raising little sociopaths because all people do is stay inside in front of screens.

Get your families outside when the weather is nice for God's Sake.

This stuff is just sad and makes me lose faith.
    Yup. I don't have neighbors. Live down a long gravel drive. I sit on the porch in the evenings most nights. Front or back depending. Only posting because my sweet cheeks just got a phone call. Snuck up behind a toad earlier and grabbed it up. Brought it to her and placed it in her hands. She said it was the best gift ever. She petted it and cooed at it and the toad put up with it until she released it back to the yard. Just a couple of old GOATs enjoying the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yup. I don't have neighbors. Live down a long gravel drive. I sit on the porch in the evenings most nights. Front or back depending. Only posting because my sweet cheeks just got a phone call. Snuck up behind a toad earlier and grabbed it up. Brought it to her and placed it in her hands. She said it was the best gift ever. She petted it and cooed at it and the toad put up with it until she released it back to the yard. Just a couple of old GOATs enjoying the evening.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phill4paul again."

Yea, this is still something beautiful. Neighbors or no (in your case, obviously no), you're still outside enjoying nature and reflecting on your humanity.

People don't do this enough. And I swear to Jeebus there aren't as many kids around as their used to be. I really think people are having fewer and fewer kids. Parks aren't filled with as many that I've witnessed. It's really sad. I just have to wonder if the majority are just homebodies that sit in front of a screen all day and night now.

Why are people doing this to themselves? Get outside, meet your neighbors, have kids and let them grow up and play together. This stuff just makes me depressed.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phill4paul again."

Yea, this is still something beautiful. Neighbors or no (in your case, obviously no), you're still outside enjoying nature and reflecting on your humanity.

People don't do this enough. And I swear to Jeebus there aren't as many kids around as their used to be. I really think people are having fewer and fewer kids. Parks aren't filled with as many that I've witnessed. It's really sad. I just have to wonder if the majority are just homebodies that sit in front of a screen all day and night now.

Why are people doing this to themselves? Get outside, meet your neighbors, have kids and let them grow up and play together. This stuff just makes me depressed.
    I agree. I do have friends and neighbors that are in league sports. So family and friends turn out for the baseball and football games. A bit of neighborhood come togetherness there.
    Outside of organized events nowhere near what I grew up with where there was 10-15 rug-rats running and funning around at all times.

This is a matter of statistical fact.

Abortion, the dead end genetics of every phase of weirdosexualism that is like an all consuming wildfire these days and guilt over the "climate catastrophe" has done its job well.

Birth rates are far below collapse rates in almost every Western nation and many Asian ones as well.

That said, my daughter and I went out on the motorcycles after the rain cleared out, and then I spent the twilight sitting on the deck, sipping hard ciders and plinking the out of control chipmunk population.

We started keeping chickens again, thus the chipmunks, and we acquired three adult hens from a local couple who had most of their flock wiped out in a bear attack.

There's one sweet jet black Austrolorp in the mix the wife has named "Betty" who will hop up in your lap and coo like a cat purring.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Abortion, the dead end genetics of every phase of weirdosexualism that is like an all consuming wildfire these days and guilt over the "climate catastrophe" has done its job well.

Birth rates are far below collapse rates in almost every Western nation and many Asian ones as well.

That said, my daughter and I went out on the motorcycles after the rain cleared out, and then I spent the twilight sitting on the deck, sipping hard ciders and plinking the out of control chipmunk population.

We started keeping chickens again, thus the chipmunks, and we acquired three adult hens from a local couple who had most of their flock wiped out in a bear attack.

There's one sweet jet black Austrolorp in the mix the wife has named "Betty" who will hop up in your lap and coo like a cat purring.

Every bit of that smacks of 'white privilege.' You should genuflect and give over to all those you have repressed.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Every bit of that smacks of 'white privilege.' You should genuflect and give over to all those you have repressed.
    Thanks for reminding me comrade.

And what was I thinking, "keeping" black chickens as domestic farm slaves???

Imma go jump off the roof now.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Thanks for reminding me comrade.

And what was I thinking, "keeping" black chickens as domestic farm slaves???

Imma go jump off the roof now.
    Suicide is white privilege. Sorry. No can do.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    That's where we got the name from.

Fun Fact: the song is based on an antebellum war marching cadence, "Black Betty" being a rifle.

Be careful what you wish for. A few years ago, I was able to go to any park in my time and there'd only be a few people there at any given time; they were nice, quiet, clean, largely natural spaces. Then the town re-modeled a couple parks, (cutting down trees and adding playground equipment, gazebos, paved walking trails, bandstands, etc), and people from the neighboring towns suddenly took notice of my town. I can not go to any of the parks in our town now without them feeling crowded. I spend more time indoors now, because there's few local options that feel natural and are not 'too peopley."

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. A few years ago, I was able to go to any park in my time and there'd only be a few people there at any given time; they were nice, quiet, clean, largely natural spaces. Then the town re-modeled a couple parks, (cutting down trees and adding playground equipment, gazebos, paved walking trails, bandstands, etc), and people from the neighboring towns suddenly took notice of my town. I can not go to any of the parks in our town now without them feeling crowded. I spend more time indoors now, because there's few local options that feel natural and are not 'too peopley."
    You make a good point there.

There is a road just few minutes from where I live, NH Route 112 otherwise known as the Kancamagus Highway.

It passes through some of the most beautiful woods, hills and mountain passes in the country, part of the White Mountain National Forest.

Most times of the year, especially winter, it's a lightly traveled and stunning ride.

Right around Columbus Day, for the past few years, Indians, for whatever reason, have descended like a plague of locusts on Rt 112 by the hundreds of thousands. Judging by the plates, on the couple of occasions I unwittingly got caught up in the unwholesome flood, they came primarily from NJ and NY. Traffic jams for miles and what normally was an hour ride from Conway to Lincoln became, quite literally, unpassable due entirely to the sweaty crush of sub continental humanity.

I'm outside as much as possible. Slightly sunburned now because I fell asleep in the backyard hammock listening to a Tom Woods podcast after nine holes of (obviously "outdoor") golf and a few beers today. I could go on about how I spend time outdoors but then my point would be lost. Better to cut to the chase. My point is this: Nature is natural. What that means is that all the man-made-tower-of-babel structures and distortions are, by definition, unnatural. I'm not ready to walk off into the woods and never come back, the unnatural will probably always be part of my life. But the more nature one experiences, the more natural one can live, seems a lot healthier to me. To the OP's point -- just going outside and exposing oneself to the elements, even in a big city, is healthier than staying indoors. So +rep. Go outside.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

I make it a point to take a break from RPF on Sunday and often the entire weekend. I try to leave me computer off on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I make it a point to take a break from RPF on Sunday and often the entire weekend. I try to leave me computer off on Sunday.
    That's good. I should try a full digital/screen detox at least 1-2 days a week.

To some of the posts above about things being overcrowded, yea, I understand that as well. But to be honest, I'd almost prefer that some days just to see that there are other people out there. I don't live in a small city, either. And maybe my neighborhood just doesn't have the demographics for young families or something, but it's just something I've been taking mental notes of all Summer and it's definitely real.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.