Thread: New Caravan? (from Honduras)

New Caravan? (from Honduras)

https://www.foxnews.com/world/hondur...ts-new-caravan

Hundreds of people, mostly Hondurans, began walking and hitching rides from San Pedro Sula, Honduras, on Wednesday in hopes of starting another migrant caravan similar to one that traversed through Mexico and inundated American border agents in 2018.
    Their attempt to form another caravan comes as Mexico has begun stepping up efforts to block migrants from arriving at the southern border amid pressure from the Trump administration. Many migrants are seeking asylum in the United States, citing endemic poverty and increases in crime and gang activity in their Central American countries.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...enges-68319287

EL CINCHADO, Guatemala -- Less-organized migrants, tighter immigration control by Guatemalan authorities and the presence of U.S. advisers have reduced the likelihood that the hundreds of migrants who departed Honduras will form anything like the cohesive procession the term “caravan” now conjures.
    What awaits them along their journey has changed dramatically. Guatemalan officials are checking documents, Mexico's National Guard has been deployed and if the migrants make it to the U.S. border, officials there will make them await their asylum cases in Mexico or send them to another country in the region they're fleeing to apply for protection there.

The migrants who set out from a bus terminal in the northern Honduras city of San Pedro Sula early Wednesday quickly dispersed depending on their luck catching rides and the border crossing they were targeting.
    For days, a rallying call for a new caravan circulated on social media. But the turnout while large did not compare to caravans of 2018 that drew the ire of U.S. President Donald Trump.

I think the new rules agreed upon between countries is that they must first seek asylum in the first country they come to?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Invasion.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Put our military on the border to prevent that caravan from ever reaching the US.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

This invasion needs to be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    This invasion needs to be stopped.
    Of course it does.

Not a thing will be done to stop it however.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Of course it does.

This is why we need militias.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    This is why we need militias.
    Militias will be deemed unsanctioned, illegal mercenaries.

Invasion.
    It’s an imminent threat.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Diversity.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard told the Guatemalan government that a caravan of migrants heading towards the United States from Honduras would not be allowed to enter Mexico, new Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei said on Wednesday."Today in the conversation with foreign minister Marcelo Ebrard we asked about that caravan," Giammattei said after meeting the Mexican minister. "The Mexican government told us that they won't let it pass ... that they will do everything in their powers to stop it from passing," he added.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-said-l...192704482.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Guatemalan police accompanied by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents swept up the majority of a group of some 300 migrants Thursday, loaded them on buses and took them back to the Honduran border, effectively dashing their plans to travel together in a “caravan” with hopes of reaching the United States.Near another border point, a different group of about 600 rested at a shelter after crossing the frontier earlier in the day and encountering no resistance from police. Other, smaller groups were traveling highways elsewhere in unorganized dribs and drabs in a movement involving several thousand people but far different in nature from previous caravans.
    Praying and singing songs, the group of 300 migrants — adults, teens and young children — had set out from a shelter in Entre Rios under rainy skies before dawn and walked about six hours before stopping in the town of Morales to eat and rest. There they were challenged by police who asked for their entry documents, and nearly all had crossed into Guatemala irregularly and didn’t have such documentation.
    The migrants were put on three gray buses and told they had to go back to register properly at a border station under rules governing freedom of travel in the Central American border agreement between Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/100s-migrants...050259097.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

REPORT: Chaos Begins as Migrant Caravan Pushes Past Honduran Police into Guatemala

https://www.breitbart.com/border/202...nto-guatemala/

BOB PRICE and ILDEFONSO ORTIZ 16 Jan 2020

Hundreds of members of a new migrant caravan pushed their way past Honduran border police and into Guatemala Wednesday. The group claims to be heading to the United States.

“There is no work here, the government has abandoned us,” 26-year-old Honduran Antony Gomez said in an AFP article published by Yahoo News. Other migrants also expressed desire for work, making their quest that of economic migration.

Approximately 400 men, women, and young children made their way to the northern Honduran town of San Pedro Sula on Tuesday, the news agency reported. By Wednesday, the group refused to register with migration services in Honduras and began pushing their way past a line of police to cross into Guatemala — the first step on a journey that would take them into Mexico and on to the United States.

AFP reports police allowed some adults through but kept families with small children from crossing.

This is not the first journey for some, The Washington Post reported Wednesday night.

Honduran 18-year-old Walter Martínez told the reporter he made the journey into the United States where he lived with his family in Houston until being deported in November. The newspaper did not say why the Honduran teen was removed.

The Associated Press reported seeing about 20 Honduran migrants being driven back to the border after they failed to register with Guatemalan immigration officials.

The Post reported that the Department of Homeland Security deployed dozens of U.S. federal agents and investigators to Guatemala to provide advice to the national police and immigration officials. The move was part of a security agreement negotiated under the Trump Administration’s efforts to curb mass migration to the U.S. that peaked in May 2019.

This week, Honduras’ top law enforcement official Julian Pacheco claimed the caravans were being funded and manipulated by “perverse” parties and promised to unmask them in the coming days. Pacheco’s statements about the new caravan sound similar to a revelation made by Mexico’s government in June 2019 when it announced they froze 26 accounts linked to groups tied to previous caravans.

Mexico is also being pressured to stop the flow of Central American migrants to the U.S. border.

Breitbart Texas reached out to DHS and CBP officials for a reaction to the developments. An immediate response was not available.

During Fiscal Year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, Border Patrol agents apprehended more than 14,000 Honduran migrants who illegally crossed the border from Mexico, according to CBP reports. Those included 1,587 unaccompanied minors, 6,218 migrant families, and 6,234 single adults.

They were joined in crossing the border illegally by more than 18,000 Guatemalans, nearly 6,400 Salvadorans, and more than 47,000 Mexicans. More than 40,000 of the Mexican migrants were reported as single adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Diversity.

“There is no work here, the government has abandoned us,” 26-year-old Honduran Antony Gomez said in an AFP article published by Yahoo News. Other migrants also expressed desire for work, making their quest that of economic migration.
    They must have moved to DC.

C'mon up, they'll bend over backwards for you here.

Of course it does.

Whatever happened to the caravans that were headed this way before the last elections?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Whatever happened to the caravans that were headed this way before the last elections?
    Trump stopped them by threatening to tariff Mexico.
    That's why Mexico is saying they will stop this one too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I must say I'm still at a loss trying to understand why they don't fix their home countries? I mean, if its "that" broken one would think to fix the problem.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I must say I'm still at a loss trying to understand why they don't fix their home countries? I mean, if its "that" broken one would think to fix the problem.
    Their home countries are broken because they have a culture of taking the easy path and not fixing them, when they try to "fix" them it is usually an exercise in taking stuff from other people.

We don't want them here.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Most likely they milled about, smartly, for a week or two, then, once the hubbub died down, fanned out and quietly walked across the border in groups of twos and threes.

I reckon most of them are in LA, and Phoenix and Albuquerque and San Antonio now.

This wave of invaders is now up to 3500 strong and growing.

Migrant Surge Into Guatemala Reaches 3,500, Heads for Mexico

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...from-guatemala

ETA - I did some Screwgling and Wiki checking and at first glance, I'm right.

Nobody's saying for sure, they just kind of wandered off.

Right into the US.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-17-2020 at 11:04 PM.

Average Honduran IQ is 81.

That used to be considered four points below "mentally retarded".

They do not have the will, the culture or the brain power to fix what is broken in their nation.

Their collective solution is to wheedle handouts from government, Jeebus or self loathing privileged Yanquis.

They do not have the will, the culture or the brain power to fix what is broken in their nation.

Their collective solution is to wheedle handouts from government, Jeebus or self loathing privileged Yanquis.
    Government is the extortion & coercion by which it is accomplished. Taxation is theft.

Gawd, now that I think of it,...wait until the singularity occurs! according to some that will be in about 20 years and the bots will be smarter than half the world's population.

Over 2,000 Central American migrants try to enter Mexico

https://apnews.com/8670e80d374a20d15f30bcb50d6adb6a

Guatemalan authorities estimated that 2,500 migrants were on the Suchiate bridge, or attempting to get onto it, on Saturday.
    Nearby, hundreds of guardsmen lined the river to prevent migrants from crossing into Mexico clandestinely. The voice on the loudspeaker warned, over and over, that those aiming to transit through the country may not be granted asylum in the U.S., even if they make it there.
    Mexico’s government has said migrants entering the country without registering will not be allowed to pass from its southern border area. But those seeking asylum or other protections will be allowed to apply and legalize their status in Mexico.

Over 2,000 Central American migrants try to enter Mexico

https://apnews.com/8670e80d374a20d15f30bcb50d6adb6a

Guatemalan authorities estimated that 2,500 migrants were on the Suchiate bridge, or attempting to get onto it, on Saturday.
    Nearby, hundreds of guardsmen lined the river to prevent migrants from crossing into Mexico clandestinely. The voice on the loudspeaker warned, over and over, that those aiming to transit through the country may not be granted asylum in the U.S., even if they make it there.
    Mexico’s government has said migrants entering the country without registering will not be allowed to pass from its southern border area. But those seeking asylum or other protections will be allowed to apply and legalize their status in Mexico.
    Thank You DJTvsg!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.