Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Killdozer Day!

Happy Killdozer Day!

June 4th, 2021 marks the 17th anniversary of the Killdozer's rampage through Granby, Colorado.

Sit down kids, and let me tell you a tale. A tale about a reasonable man driven to do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer was a man who owned a muffler shop in Granby, Colorado. The city council ordained to approve the construction of a concrete factory in the lot across from Marvin's shop. In the process, this blocked the only access road to the muffler shop. Marvin petitioned to stop the construction to no avail. He petitioned to construct a new access road, and even bought the heavy machinery to do so himself. Denied.

The concrete factory went up in disregard to the ramifications on Marvin's business. To add insult to injury, the factory construction disconnected the muffler shop from the city sewage lines. An indifferent city government then chose to fine Marvin for this.

His business and livelihood were in ruin. Rather than lie down and die, Marvin chose to fight back. Over the course of a year and a half, Marvin secretly outfitted the bulldozer he bought to save his business with 3-foot thick steel and concrete armor, camera systems, and enclosed bulletproof glass.

On June 4th, 2004 Marvin Heemeyer lowered the armored shell over top of himself, entombing himself inside the Killdozer to make his last stand.

He burst forth from the walls of his muffler shop and straight into the concrete factory that ruined his business. Over the course of the next several hours, Marvin drove his Killdozer through 13 buildings owned by those officials that had wronged him, including the city council building itself.

SWAT teams swarmed the dozer, but it proved immune to small arms fire and even explosives. Another piece of heavy machinery was even brought out to fight the Killdozer, but it too fell to the dozers righteous fury.

In the end, Marvin's Killdozer became trapped in one of the buildings it was built to destroy. Marvin chose to take his life, the only life he took that day.

Today, we celebrate Killdozer Day and Marvin Heemeyer, the last great American folk hero. A man driven to the brink who chose to fight back against an indifferent system.

From notes left behind after his passing:
    "I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable. Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."

HAPPY KILLDOZER DAY!

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I want one
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I want one
    I already got one.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I already got one.
    Could probably convert the white house into a parking lot with 2 or 3 of those. Maybe even just 1 if you're clever.

Theoretically of course. Definitely wouldn't ever plan such a thing.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Another wild theoretical, you could hook it up via remote control, before bulldozing the white house.

Theoretically of course.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Another wild theoretical, you could hook it up via remote control, before bulldozing the white house.

Theoretically of course.
    An old one with manual controls would be a problem.

A new computerized one would be a piece of cake...could rig that up in an afternoon.

Never heard of this guy. Googled him and watching the Netflix doc called Tread from this thread right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Never heard of this guy. Googled him and watching the Netflix doc called Tread from this thread right now.
    Enjoy.

Then watch the classic Clint Eastwood film, The Gauntlet.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still watching this. Was ready to be on this guys side because I know local city governments can be insanely corrupt with zoning. The guy bought a cheap landlocked property for $42k at a foreclosure auction. The person who owned the surrounding property wanted to put a concrete factory on the property which would obstruct entry and exit to the muffler shop. The city council approved the deal which would harm this this guy's business.

The guy who built the concrete factory offered Marvin $250k in compensation for his property which Marvin agreed to. Then he reneged and asked for $375k, which he got! Then he reneged AGAIN on the deal and asked for a million. So they said $#@! this guy.

I am only half way in and haven't gotten to the sewage line costs and dealing with the the city council but already I hate this Marvin. He backed out of two deals he agreed that would have paid him 10x what he paid a year earlier. He's a dishonest guy who likes to be a victim. That's irrespective of what the government. Still watching though.

Still watching this. Was ready to be on this guys side because I know local city governments can be insanely corrupt with zoning. The guy bought a cheap landlocked property for $42k at a foreclosure auction. The person who owned the surrounding property wanted to put a concrete factory on the property which would obstruct entry and exit to the muffler shop. The city council approved the deal which would harm this this guy's business.

The guy who built the concrete factory offered Marvin $250k in compensation for his property which Marvin agreed to. Then he reneged and asked for $375k, which he got! Then he reneged AGAIN on the deal and asked for a million. So they said $#@! this guy.

I am only half way in and haven't gotten to the sewage line costs and dealing with the the city council but already I hate this Marvin. He backed out of two deals he agreed that would have paid him 10x what he paid a year earlier. He's a dishonest guy who likes to be a victim. That's irrespective of what the government. Still watching though.
    Knowing nothing about this,, I'd bet more than even odds that they're lying about a dead man because they can.
    - Kim Kardashian

Unlike most places, the White House and surrounding forces in DC likely have hellfire missiles and armor piercing projectiles that could stop a killdozer.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Unlike most places, the White House and surrounding forces in DC likely have hellfire missiles and armor piercing projectiles that could stop a killdozer.
    I think you overestimate the white house's security. A killdozer would be stopped, but not before doing extensive damage
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-04-2021 at 09:46 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Enjoy.

Then watch the classic Clint Eastwood film, The Gauntlet.
    I saw that one on TV years ago. Awesome movie.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    And that's why the idea that a jumbo jet crashed into the Pentagon is farcical.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I'm not halfway through yet but I have the OPPOSITE reaction. He wasn't looking to flip property. He was looking to build his dream business. He spent 150K in legal fees to try to keep it. Think of Nabal's vineyard in the Bible. It didn't matter that Ahab wanted to pay him more than the vineyard was worth. It was his.

At first the property sewage was through a makeshift septic tank. But the town insisted that he hook up to the sewage since he was running a business. They fined him daily for not being hooked up, then when he brought a check to them they wouldn't take it saying it wasn't for the right about. That's total BS. They could have taken the check and then billed him for the difference. To connect to the sewage he needed an easement from the same folks that wanted to force him to sell and, predictably, they refused to grant it. I can see why he was pissed. He wasn't perfect, but he had a reason to be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I'm not halfway through yet but I have the OPPOSITE reaction. He wasn't looking to flip property. He was looking to build his dream business. He spent 150K in legal fees to try to keep it. Think of Nabal's vineyard in the Bible. It didn't matter that Ahab wanted to pay him more than the vineyard was worth. It was his.

At first the property sewage was through a makeshift septic tank. But the town insisted that he hook up to the sewage since he was running a business. They fined him daily for not being hooked up, then when he brought a check to them they wouldn't take it saying it wasn't for the right about. That's total BS. They could have taken the check and then billed him for the difference. To connect to the sewage he needed an easement from the same folks that wanted to force him to sell and, predictably, they refused to grant it. I can see why he was pissed. He wasn't perfect, but he had a reason to be pissed.
    He never lost road access to his business. I found out thsomet was a total myth. It was just less visible. He wanted to use government to stop development of the concrete business. From a libertarian perspective hard to have sympathy for that.

He bought a landlocked property for ultracheap. Things that are cheap tend to price in costs like being land locked and needing sewage hookup. I don't have an answer on the sewage hookup. But he got two amazing offers for his property which he agreed to and welshed on. I don't think they forced him to sell as this was negotiated before zoning got approved. Once the zoning got approved he asked for a million for the property he paid 42k for. Hard to like that. He wasn't a person of integrity. The guy with the concrete business seemed very reasonable and patient to get a solution that was more than fair.

My takeaway was he was a lonely guy who needed meaning so he became a religious fanatic who thought God was telling him to wage jihad against his enemies. When he sold his property for 400k and his dad died he got tired of living so he went out in blaze of glory.

Not an exact analogy but this guy reminds me of someone who moves into a nice gated neighborhood and then lets his yard go to hell and then parks rusted out junk cars on the lawn with a ripped out bathtub randomly sitting there. And if his neighbors offer him 200k payment to clean up his property because it is lowering the value of their properties, he starts taking a righteous stand and refuses because he owns the land. In a sense he might be right to do as he pleases on his property but from a practical perspective his neighbors are being very fair with him. And if they pass an ordinance that says you can't gave crap on your property and then fine the guy and use courts to enforce the fine, it is hard to support the guy with the junk on his property.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 06-05-2021 at 12:16 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He never lost road access to his business. I found out thsomet was a total myth. It was just less visible. He wanted to use government to stop development of the concrete business. From a libertarian perspective hard to have sympathy for that.

He bought a landlocked property for ultracheap. Things that are cheap tend to price in costs like being land locked and needing sewage hookup. I don't have an answer on the sewage hookup. But he got two amazing offers for his property which he agreed to and welshed on. I don't think they forced him to sell as this was negotiated before zoning got approved. Once the zoning got approved he asked for a million for the property he paid 42k for. Hard to like that. He wasn't a person of integrity. The guy with the concrete business seemed very reasonable and patient to get a solution that was more than fair.

My takeaway was he was a lonely guy who needed meaning so he became a religious fanatic who thought God was telling him to wage jihad against his enemies. When he sold his property for 400k and his dad died he got tired of living so he went out in blaze of glory.

Not an exact analogy but this guy reminds me of someone who moves into a nice gated neighborhood and then lets his yard go to hell and then parks rusted out junk cars on the lawn with a ripped out bathtub randomly sitting there. And if his neighbors offer him 200k payment to clean up his property because it is lowering the value of their properties, he starts taking a righteous stand and refuses because he owns the land. In a sense he might be right to do as he pleases on his property but from a practical perspective his neighbors are being very fair with him. And if they pass an ordinance that says you can't gave crap on your property and then fine the guy and use courts to enforce the fine, it is hard to support the guy with the junk on his property.
    I never said he lost access to his business. But he was forced to use do a sewage hookup instead of a septic tank, he had to get an easement from the people that wanted the property and they refused. I don't see you making a very libertarian argument. Neighbors can force you to not use a septic tank but they are allowed to skirt the law and get spot zoning? Ummm...okay. It was clear through the documentary that he raised concerns that other neighbors had about the batch plant, so the batch plant was as much of a "bad neighbor" as he supposedly was. It sounds like the septic tank setup predated him and so it wasn't a problem until the town council decided to make it a problem. And "welching" on a deal is a non-starter for an argument. This isn't a bet. There is nothing illegal or unethical about changing your mind regarding selling something as long as the other side has not paid earnest money.

I never said he lost access to his business. But he was forced to use do a sewage hookup instead of a septic tank, he had to get an easement from the people that wanted the property and they refused. I don't see you making a very libertarian argument. Neighbors can force you to not use a septic tank but they are allowed to skirt the law and get spot zoning? Ummm...okay. It was clear through the documentary that he raised concerns that other neighbors had about the batch plant, so the batch plant was as much of a "bad neighbor" as he supposedly was. It sounds like the septic tank setup predated him and so it wasn't a problem until the town council decided to make it a problem. And "welching" on a deal is a non-starter for an argument. This isn't a bet. There is nothing illegal or unethical about changing your mind regarding selling something as long as the other side has not paid earnest money.
    I said he lost access to the property because that was an argument Heemeyer made. That was untrue. Most zoning laws probably shouldn't exist. As far as I remember the cost from the concrete place was dust getting on Heemeyer's property which they should pay for.

In my morality if you commit to something whether or not it is in writing you follow through on it. He didn't sign the paperwork to sell but he verbally committed twice and the second offer was one he proposed and was accepted. Then he tripled what he wanted. In my morality, backing out of that situation makes him a bad person. I personally would never do that and I judge someone who does.

This whole issue is a hard issue for libertarianism. I used the example of people with crap on their property because it doesn't have a neat and easy solution. I think Ronald Coase won a Nobel Prize for articulating this problem. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...of_Social_Cost
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 06-05-2021 at 01:02 PM.

OK then, let's make sure to celebrate August 2 instead.

"Roger Pion Day"

I said he lost access to the property because that was an argument Heemeyer made. That was untrue. Most zoning laws probably shouldn't exist. As far as I remember the cost from the concrete place was dust getting on Heemeyer's property which they should pay for.

In my morality if you commit to something whether or not it is in writing you follow through on it. He didn't sign the paperwork to sell but he verbally committed twice and the second offer was one he proposed and was accepted. Then he tripled what he wanted. In my morality, backing out of that situation makes him a bad person. I personally would never do that and I judge someone who does.

This whole issue is a hard issue for libertarianism. I used the example of people with crap on their property because it doesn't have a neat and easy solution. I think Ronald Coase won a Nobel Prize for articulating this problem. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...of_Social_Cost
    I didn't see him making that argument in the documentary but I might have missed it. Being fined $100 a day if he used his business without being hooked up to sewer constitutes a constructive taking so...really if he made that argument he was telling the truth.

As for business promises, so if you were selling your car and someone offered you $1,000 and before you sealed the deal was complete someone offered you $2,000, you would feel honor bound to only take $1,000 even if you weren't legally bound to do that? I think that's silly but you can do business like that if you wish.

I didn't see him making that argument in the documentary but I might have missed it. Being fined $100 a day if he used his business without being hooked up to sewer constitutes a constructive taking so...really if he made that argument he was telling the truth.

As for business promises, so if you were selling your car and someone offered you $1,000 and before you sealed the deal was complete someone offered you $2,000, you would feel honor bound to only take $1,000 even if you weren't legally bound to do that? I think that's silly but you can do business like that if you wish.
    I didn't fully understand the fine and I am not saying Heemeyer is wrong. But it took him being an unreasonable $#@! to get to that point.

If I agreed to sell a car for a price, there is no dollar amount another person could offer that would prevent me from selling to the agreed on price. In Heemeyer's he raised the bids himself because he never expected them to be accepted.

I didn't fully understand the fine and I am not saying Heemeyer is wrong. But it took him being an unreasonable $#@! to get to that point.

If I agreed to sell a car for a price, there is no dollar amount another person could offer that would prevent me from selling to the agreed on price. In Heemeyer's he raised the bids himself because he never expected them to be accepted.
    Even if you found out that the person who offered you $1,000 knew that you could get much more than that but acted like your car was only worth $1,000? Okay. I don't call that honorable. I call it naive. Free market theory depends on each party doing what is best in his interest. Part of that is being able to renegotiate deals.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-05-2021 at 01:52 PM.

Even if you found out that the person who offered you $1,000 knew that you could get much more than that but acted like your car was only worth $1,000? Okay. I don't call that honorable. I call it naive. Free market theory depends on each party doing what is best in his interest. Part of that is being able to renegotiate deals.
    This would not take any thought or hesitation on my part. I don't agree to something unless I've done my homework. If I agree but make a mistake, I would consider it tuition.

This would not take any thought or hesitation on my part. I don't agree to something unless I've done my homework. If I agree but make a mistake, I would consider it tuition.
    Okay. That's fine for you. But you can't impose that requirement on someone else.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Be nice if the American people can create an army of these and then proceed to head to DC.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Be nice if the American people can create an army of these and then proceed to head to DC.
    Disguise them as 1800 flower delivery vehicles so as not to attract attention
    - Kim Kardashian

https://twitter.com/i/status/1665369333726425088

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Still waiting for the American people to act on this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

$#@!, I missed it.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast