Thread: Rand may not be Ron, but can he finish the mission?

Rand may not be Ron, but can he finish the mission?

As far out as it sounds, I don't think it is totally unrealistic. I'm no expert (thank god for that!), but from an optimistic viewpoint, I think one could argue that in some strange way we are closer to liberty than we really believe. Part of it is Trump...he is helping our cause I think, even if it's just to destroy the deep state and empty the establishment. He's basically removing barriers to entry that have held libertarianism back for so many years. And like it or not, libertarians are a significant part of his base, I think he has noticed, because we are and have always been an asset for him.

I believe Trump has elevated Rand significantly...primarily due to their outstanding working relationship and "personal friendship"...but also because Trump is a contrarian and some of his ideas have no better ally in government than Rand. I think Rand will back Trump for re-election. But in 2024, Trump is going to want to name a successor. He will want a protege so he can say, "that's my guy" so he can win again after he's gone. Rand is someone who would preserve and build on the good stuff Trump has done/will do. Rand had no shot against Trump in 2016. If Trump gets his supporters to back Rand in 2024, I think that is our best chance ever to have a real Liberty president.

The only other person I would want to take the mantle is Cruz. Rand and Cruz are the best of the conservative party. Adam Kokesh or anyone else from the Libertarian party is a pipe dream at this point.

So I think Rand has a chance to finish what Ron started. Maybe a better shot than Ron ever had, thanks to the grooming of Trump. Certainly better than 2016.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    As far out as it sounds, I don't think it is totally unrealistic. I'm no expert (thank god for that!), but from an optimistic viewpoint, I think one could argue that in some strange way we are closer to liberty than we really believe. Part of it is Trump...he is helping our cause I think, even if it's just to destroy the deep state and empty the establishment. He's basically removing barriers to entry that have held libertarianism back for so many years. And like it or not, libertarians are a significant part of his base, I think he has noticed, because we are and have always been an asset for him.

I believe Trump has elevated Rand significantly...primarily due to their outstanding working relationship and "personal friendship"...but also because Trump is a contrarian and some of his ideas have no better ally in government than Rand. I think Rand will back Trump for re-election. But in 2024, Trump is going to want to name a successor. He will want a protege so he can say, "that's my guy" so he can win again after he's gone. Rand is someone who would preserve and build on the good stuff Trump has done/will do. Rand had no shot against Trump in 2016. If Trump gets his supporters to back Rand in 2024, I think that is our best chance ever to have a real Liberty president.

The only other person I would want to take the mantle is Cruz. Rand and Cruz are the best of the conservative party. Adam Kokesh or anyone else from the Libertarian party is a pipe dream at this point.

So I think Rand has a chance to finish what Ron started. Maybe a better shot than Ron ever had, thanks to the grooming of Trump. Certainly better than 2016.
    Yeah, Cruz and Trump are both fakes. Useful idiots at best for the cause of liberty. Either one of them would stab you in the back in a heartbeat when it serves their own self-interests.

We have Rand, Massie, and Amash. That's it. And a couple of case-by-case allies on both sides of the aisle. And that's why the size of government keeps growing. Don't be fooled by the fakers.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Ask the average politically aware citizen what a libertarian is, and they will tell you that they hate immigrants, hate the poor, hate minorities, and generally associate them with a typical Republican viewpoint. So it would seem the mission is accomplished.

By watering down the message, libertarians have been assimilated into the Republican party and now support endless wars and new taxes and central bank financed deficits. No one is any the wiser about liberty, nor do they give a $#@! about it. It was a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Ask the average politically aware citizen what a libertarian is, and they will tell you that they hate immigrants, hate the poor, hate minorities, and generally associate them with a typical Republican viewpoint. So it would seem the mission is accomplished.

By watering down the message, libertarians have been assimilated into the Republican party and now support endless wars and new taxes and central bank financed deficits. No one is any the wiser about liberty, nor do they give a $#@! about it. It was a job well done.
    My experience has been a bit different. Libertarians are isolationist pot smokers - that's the theme I come across most frequently.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

As long as the mission is what benefits the people within the borders of the United States and I believe this to be true, then more power to him and he will finish the mission. Americans will support him every step of the way like they did Trump.

But if it believed he is running in the best interests of some of the entities that fund him then we will see through it that he is a sell out that deserves to lose. We all will be watching and if he betrays us he will be crucified before he has a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    Part of it is Trump...he is helping our cause I think, even if it's just to destroy the deep state and empty the establishment.

Jebby, is that you? Seriously, no one is this IGNORant this far into the "new" administration unless they're Trump trolling.

Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

I don't see the mission being completed anytime soon. Not even in the next 20-30 years.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I don't see the mission being completed anytime soon. Not even in the next 20-30 years.
    The mission won't be complete for individuals until they are dead and it won't be over for mankind until judgement day.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand and Trump have been great allies even if they sometimes disagree.

Rand would make a great VP for Trump 2020, and this would set Rand up well to run in 2028 after Bernie wins in 2024.

I think this actually has been his plan all along
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post

Jebby, is that you? Seriously, no one is this IGNORant this far into the "new" administration unless they're Trump trolling.

Yeah. I am left wondering what drugs this person is on.