Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio, pardoned by Trump, plans to run for Senate

Ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio, pardoned by Trump, plans to run for Senate

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-sher...un-for-senate/

Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who was pardoned by President Trump over the summer after being convicted for defying a judge's order, plans to run for Senate in Arizona.

The Republican tweeted about his bid Tuesday, linking to a story about it by The Washington Examiner.

"I have a lot to offer. I'm a big supporter of President Trump," Arpaio told the conservative-leaning newspaper in a phone interview. "I'm going to have to work hard; you don't take anything for granted. But I would not being doing this if I thought that I could not win. I'm not here to get my name in the paper, I get that everyday, anyway."

He is running for the seat held by Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Arizona, who announced in October that he would not seek re-election.

Arpaio was convicted in July for contempt after he ignored an order to end traffic patrols that targeted immigrants. A federal court said that the traffic stops to find undocumented immigrants amounted to racial profiling.

He served as Maricopa County sheriff in Arizona between 1993 and 2017. He once flirted with his own gubernatorial run, and has called himself "America's toughest sheriff." In 2014, dozens of inmates in his Arizona jail were put on a diet of bread and water for desecrating U.S. flags that hung in each cell.

He told the Examiner that serving in the Senate would be a different job.

"Being a U.S. senator is a little different than being the sheriff, because you can do a lot of things in the U.S. Senate, and I have many plans, believe me. It's tough. It's a tough decision. But, if you're going to come across that border, you should be arrested and get the consequences of it," Arpaio said.

Rep. Martha McSally, R-Arizona, is expected to run for the seat. Dr. Kelli Ward, a conservative activist who attempted to defeat Sen. John McCain in a 2016 primary, is also running in the GOP primary as well.
    Lawsuits against Arpaio while he was sheriff cost his county $milllions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-sher...un-for-senate/

Lawsuits against Arpaio while he was sheriff cost his county $milllions.
    apparently not enough to educate the voters.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Gotta shake people down for donation money somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

They will make sure that a neocon gets into office one way or another.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If Trump hadn't pardoned his ass, Arpaio might just be cooling his heels in a cell instead of considering a run for the senate. And in a state that repeatedly re-elected criminals like Dennis DeConcini and John McCain for DECADES, the facist bastard has a good chance of winning. Just what we need in the senate, another facist criminal.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I guess the name of the game now is to turn every federal race into a friggin' divisive circus of hysterical snowflakes on both sides. Embarrassing what politics has become.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I guess the name of the game now is to turn every federal race into a friggin' divisive circus of hysterical snowflakes on both sides. Embarrassing what politics has become.
    Democrats will do everything they can to help Arpaio win the GOP primary, then it will be Roy Moore Part 2. They will be able to pay or convince a loyal leftist to make something up. Will they go with some kind of harassment of women? As blatantly obvious as that would be after Roy Moore, it worked, and they will have the gall to try it again. Or they can go with the racist angle. Have people come forward to say that he used the n-word, or for good measure say that he is anti-Semitic. The media will work the sheep into a hysterical frenzy.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Democrats will do everything they can to help Arpaio win the GOP primary, then it will be Roy Moore Part 2. They will be able to pay or convince a loyal leftist to make something up. Will they go with some kind of harassment of women? As blatantly obvious as that would be after Roy Moore, it worked, and they will have the gall to try it again. Or they can go with the racist angle. Have people come forward to say that he used the n-word, or for good measure say that he is anti-Semitic. The media will work the sheep into a hysterical frenzy.
    Don't forget they will have the legitimate WOD issues.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Don't forget they will have the legitimate WOD issues.
    Not enough emotional hysteria can be generated by that.

Who here is organizing the Moneybomb?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Not enough emotional hysteria can be generated by that.
    It is yet another way to portray him as a "NAZI", it will also be a bigger issue if Sessions really does start a crackdown on legal pot. (We know what side Arpaio will take in that debate)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes , the Dems dream would be to run against him . They will load him up with money.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Who here is organizing the Moneybomb?
    I can't imagine anyone here supporting Arpaio though. He used to be a prime example of the antithesis of RPF. Drug warrior, DUI hawk, immigration demagogue, etc. The exact opposite of all things libertarian.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-09-2018 at 04:01 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I can't imagine anyone here supporting Arpaio though. He used to be a prime example of the antithesis of RPF.
    There are some who like a bigger police state and abuse of police powers- as long as it applies to "them"- like immigrants and brown skins.

There are some who like a bigger police state and abuse of police powers- as long as it applies to "them"- like immigrants and brown skins.
    But you like a bigger police state, as evidenced by your quote in my sig line.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ward!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Edited? Didn’t you originally say some on RPFs?

i think most here just want to be left alone, and you obviously don’t subscribe to that philosophy.
    Last edited by Danke; 01-09-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Edited? Didn’t you originally say some on RPFs?

i think most here just want to be left alone, and you obviously don’t subscribe to that philosophy.
    I did consider removing "brown skins" from the post.

I did consider removing "brown skins" from the post.
    Danke did not ask what you considered doing. He asked you what you actually did.

Did you not edit your post? Your post might have said, There are some on RPF who like a bigger police state and abuse of police powers- as long as it applies to "them"- like immigrants and brown skins.

Did you say this?

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Danke did not ask what you considered doing. He asked you what you actually did.

Did you not edit your post? Your post might have said, There are some on RPF who like a bigger police state and abuse of police powers- as long as it applies to "them"- like immigrants and brown skins.

Did you say this?

Pretty sure that was what was originally posted.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

That's what I thought I saw, too. I looked again and it was gone.

Maybe he was going to set a foundation for some of the sockpuppets to astroturf support for Arpaio on RPF at the appropriate time?

(side note: Trump's only two Presidential pardons have been Arpaio and a CEO that was charged with 9000 violations of illegal immigrant employee and child labor violations. He was ultimately convicted of bank fraud and sentenced to 27 years. Trump commuted his sentence after 8 years served.)
    Last edited by devil21; 01-09-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Maybe you are seeing things.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Arpaio still under probation ?

How many red bars do you see on the left?

I like the Chain Gang hat , did you keep yours ?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    How many red bars do you see on the left?
    I don't judge people by their color.

Maybe?! You can't speak definitively to your own words and writing?

The campaign of a freedom loving individual such as Arpaio has a good chance of being deemed mission supporting, and if not, no one will spam the forum supporting him. That would never happen.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast