Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    It doesn't have to be either/or.

That, and there's heavy overlap between Trump supporters and Moore supporters.

Whatever Trump says, he'll alienate either his own base or the rest of the party.

Smart move to stay silent; I wonder who told him to do that?
    As one woman said, she would rather vote for a rapist Republican than a single Democrat.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    As one woman said, she would rather vote for a rapist Republican than a single Democrat.
    You switched the parties.

Moore hits McConnell over handling of Franken groping allegation

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...connell-245195
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

'God Is So Good.' Man Wrongfully Convicted of Rape as a Teen Leaves Prison After Nearly 50 Years

“Freedom. After more than 45 years and ten months. That’s going through my mind,” Jones said as he hugged his brother, Plem Jones, and other relatives outside the gates of the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison.

Jones was arrested on suspicion of abducting a nurse at gunpoint from a Baton Rouge hospital’s parking lot and raping her behind a building on the night of Oct. 2, 1971. He was convicted of aggravated rape at a 1974 retrial that “rested entirely” on the nurse’s testimony and her “questionable identification” of Jones as her assailant, the judge said.

McConnell discussing asking Strange to resign, kicking off new special election

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/360627-mcconnell-discussing-asking-strange-to-resign-kicking-off-new-special

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Alabama Republican Party is shrugging off pressure from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to disqualify Roy Moore as its nominee for Senate.
    Members of the state party’s executive committee met in person and by phone Wednesday to discuss the Alabama Senate race, according to sources familiar with the call, but made no move to strip Moore of the nomination.

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...ndon-roy-moore

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Dear Sean:
    I am suffering the same treatment other Republicans have had to endure.
    A month prior to the general election for U.S. Senate in Alabama, I have been attacked by the Washington Post and other liberal media in a desperate attempt to smear my character and defeat my campaign.
    Over the last 40 years I have held several public offices, including Deputy District Attorney, Circuit Judge, and Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court. In addition to running five statewide and three country campaigns for public office, I have been involved in two major controversies that attracted nation attention, one about the Ten Commandments and the other the sanctity of marriage.
    The Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission, Court of the Judiciary, and Attorney General have investigated, scrutinized, examined and vetted me, not to mention every opposing candidate against whom I have run.
    I have been married for almost 33 years to my wife Kayla. We have four children and five granddaughters.
    We are in the process of investigating these false allegations to determine their origin and motivation. For instance, we have documented that the most recent accuser, Beverly Nelson, was a part in a divorce action before me in Etowah County Circuit Court in 1999, a matter that apparently caused her no distress at a time that was 18 years closer to the alleged assault. Yet 18 years later, while talking before cameras about the supposed assault, she seemingly could not contain her emotions.
    My signature on the order of dismissal in the divorce case was annotated with the letters “D.A.,” representing the initials of my court assistant. Curiously the supposed yearbook inscription is also followed by the same initials- “D.A.” But at that time I was Deputy District Attorney, not district attorney. Those initials as well as the date under the signature block and the printed name of the restaurant are written in a style inconsistent with the rest of the yearbook inscription. The “7’s” in “Christmas 1977” are in a noticeably different script than the “7’s” in the state “12-22-77.” I believe tampering has occurred.
    Are we at a stage in American politics in which false allegations can overcome a public record of 40 years, stampede the media and politicians to condemn an innocent man, and potentially impact the outcome of an election of national importance? When allegations of events occurring 40 years ago – and never before mentioned during a 40-year career of public service- are brought out and taken seriously only 30 days before a critical election, we may be in trouble as a country.
    I adamantly deny the allegations of Leigh Corfman and Beverly Nelson, did not date underage girls, and have taken steps to begin a civil action for defamation. Because of that, at the direction of counsel, I cannot comment further.
    - Roy S. Moore

https://twitter.com/MooreSenate/stat...47969012158464

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

My signature on the order of dismissal in the divorce case was annotated with the letters “D.A.,” representing the initials of my court assistant. Curiously the supposed yearbook inscription is also followed by the same initials- “D.A.” But at that time I was Deputy District Attorney, not district attorney. Those initials as well as the date under the signature block and the printed name of the restaurant are written in a style inconsistent with the rest of the yearbook inscription. The “7’s” in “Christmas 1977” are in a noticeably different script than the “7’s” in the state “12-22-77.” I believe tampering has occurred.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Embattled Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore denied allegations of sexual misconduct again today at a press conference in Birmingham alongside faith leaders and his wife, Kayla.
    Moore said that the accusations against him are "an effort by Mitch McConnell and his cronies to steal this election from the people of Alabama."
    McConnell, the Senate Majority Leader, and a score of top Republicans have called on Moore to leave the race.
    Moore called the allegations, first reported by the Washington Post, false.
    "They're not only untrue, but they have no evidence to support them," he said.
    During the press conference, Moore was surrounded by more than a dozen faith and political leaders — including former Republican presidential candidate Alan Keyes — who all offered impassioned defenses.
    Moore left no doubt about whether he will drop out of the race for the seat once held by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
    "I'll quit standing when they lay me in that box and put me in the ground," Moore said.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/roy-moore-...opstories.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Embattled Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore denied allegations of sexual misconduct again today at a press conference in Birmingham alongside faith leaders and his wife, Kayla.
    Moore said that the accusations against him are "an effort by Mitch McConnell and his cronies to steal this election from the people of Alabama."
    McConnell, the Senate Majority Leader, and a score of top Republicans have called on Moore to leave the race.
    Moore called the allegations, first reported by the Washington Post, false.
    "They're not only untrue, but they have no evidence to support them," he said.
    During the press conference, Moore was surrounded by more than a dozen faith and political leaders — including former Republican presidential candidate Alan Keyes — who all offered impassioned defenses.
    Moore left no doubt about whether he will drop out of the race for the seat once held by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
    "I'll quit standing when they lay me in that box and put me in the ground," Moore said.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/roy-moore-...opstories.html
    STILL no mention of the fraudulent yearbook sig..
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Donald Trump breaks silence to back Roy Moore staying in Senate race despite teenage girl allegations

Donald Trump has backed Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore remaining in the election race despite multiple claims of sexual harassment of teenage girls.
    Mr Trump believes that “Alabama should take the decision” about their next senator and that Mr Moore should only quit if the allegations are proved.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...220136313.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    And just like that, it's Stuart Smalley who will end up saving Roy Moore.

I've got a feeling this whole fake news attack on Roy Moore will backfire the same way Russiagate has backfired.

Keep it up, McConnell.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Alabama Sec. of State: I Am Still Voting For Moore

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/alabama-sec-state-am-still-173119806.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    If you believe them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Moneybomb?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    How can anybody put forward polls as real news without cracking up laughing?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Republican Govs. Scott Walker of Wisconsin and Rick Scott of Florida did not hesitate for a second Wednesday when asked what Alabama Republican Senate nominee Roy Moore should do amid accusations that he was engaged in sexually inappropriate behavior with teenagers as young as 14 when he was in his 30s.

“He should get out,” said Walker, chairman of the Republican Governors Association, which is holding its annual meeting a the JW Marriott Austin Wednesday and Thursday.

“This is way above partisan politics,” said Scott, the association’s vice chairman. “This is about doing the right thing. It’s pretty clear what’s right and what’s wrong. This is not about Roy Moore. This is about victims.”

“I think about my family,” Scott said. “I have daughters and I have grandsons and when you hear these media reports, it’s disgusting. You just can’t imagine that these things are happening. Whether you are talking about what’s happening in Alabama or L.A., D.C., or the media reports coming out of my state capital.”

“He needs to do the right thing, and the right thing for the citizens of his state, and that means he gets out of the race,” Scott said.

Walker was asked whether the controversy surrounding Moore might affect gubernatorial races next year and place Republican candidates on the defensive.

“No,” Walker said. “No more than the Democrats had to answer for (former U.S. Rep.) Anthony Weiner or (former New York Gov.) Elliot Spitzer or anybody else out there,” Walker said.

“Anthony Weiner did something wrong and I didn’t say all Democrats are Anthony Weiner, that’s just a ridiculous assumption,” Walker said. “Voters in our states are smart. I think a lot of people in politics or covering politics assume that people aren’t very smart. They are. Whether they vote for us or not, I think voters are smart and they are going to want you to answer for things you are going to do as governor, not what somebody else does in some other state.”

But, Walker was asked, if Alabama voters, knowing what they know, elect Moore to the Senate, should Republicans in the Senate seek to keep him from being seated.

“I think they’ve made it pretty clear. You heard Cory Gardner the other day,” said Walker, referring to the Colorado senator, chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, who said Monday that if Moore is elected, the Senate should expel him.

“I think other leaders have said repeatedly they wouldn’t seat him,” Walker said.

More at: http://www.statesman.com/news/state-...3RAUHvQOhQdzN/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The calls were fake or the story reporting them was fake?

I agree, this is way above partisan politics. If they take Moore down, then they will use this same strategy to take down any threat to the establishment.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    I agree, this is way above partisan politics. If they take Moore down, then they will use this same strategy to take down any threat to the establishment.
    Indeed, no real republican will be safe from women coming out of the woodwork claiming they were raped/fondled 200 years ago but just didn't feel like reporting it to anyone until it was politically convenient.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-17-2017 at 10:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Wow. Allred on MSNBC, not sure she's even convinced herself it's his signature. She seems extremely uncomfortable and defensive, maybe hedging so Roy doesn't sue her.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/katy-tur...ly-make-sense/
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

MSNBC girl even says their demands of going before the senate committee doesn't make sense to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Wow. Allred on MSNBC, not sure she's even convinced herself it's his signature. She seems extremely uncomfortable and defensive, maybe hedging so Roy doesn't sue her.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/katy-tur...ly-make-sense/
    If I were a fake feminists I would cringe every time Gloria Allred takes the stage to defend some woman. SMDH.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Moore hits McConnell over handling of Franken groping allegation

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...connell-245195
    I made the mistake of reading the comments. Most of the liberals say what Franken did was not nearly as bad because it was an adult but Moore raped a child. WTF???

Personally I try to be consistent. I don't think either should be barred from office unless they get convicted. Also I'd be willing to put up with a lot of bad behavior if I knew the guy was voting for libertarian positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I made the mistake of reading the comments. Most of the liberals say what Franken did was not nearly as bad because it was an adult but Moore raped a child. WTF???

Personally I try to be consistent. I don't think either should be barred from office unless they get convicted. Also I'd be willing to put up with a lot of bad behavior if I knew the guy was voting for libertarian positions.
    No conviction needed for Franken, the photographic evidence is right there.

The only hard evidence they have on Moore was that forged yearbook signing.

One thing that keeps going through my mind, especially since both Ron and Rand Paul have avoided passing any judgement on Moore so far - Remember the 2012 interview with Doug Wead, where he says that the reason the campaign decided not to go after Romney was because they threatened to assassinate Ron Paul's character?
    “He had a tremendous amount of money. And he threatened to drop an A-bomb on us... He threatened to destroy forever the name “Ron Paul” by producing commercials and advertising that would destroy his name and reputation.”

Is this what that would've looked like? Is this what's happening to Roy Moore?

I suspect that Ron and Rand have unique knowledge about just how vicious the establishment can be - and how involved their tactics can get. After all, just going back to 1996, the GOP, Newt Gingrich, even then-governor Bush financially supported Ron's opponent, who up until then had been a democrat! And I believe it was around that time, (or perhaps the following year?) that the accusations about the newsletters were first publicized.

Doug Wead: Romney Threatened Ron Paul with PR A-Bomb (21:15)
    Quote mentioned above happens around 15:30

Did a search to see if Wead had made any comments about Moore and found this brief interview with Neil Cavuto from the fox business channel. He says he has a source from within the establishment that " tells me the republican establishment themselves popped this whole Judge Moore thing."

https://twitter.com/DougWead/status/930489487410507776

Last edited by Valli6; 11-17-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The calls were fake or the story reporting them was fake?
    The calls were made- just not by anybody at the Washington Post as the caller claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post

Franken has admitted his guilt and we have a photograph and yet nobody has even mentioned expelling him from the Senate, Moore denies everything and there is zero evidence or testimony with any credibility, as for the morons in the comments if the charges were proven about the girls below the age of consent then that would be worse but no one has even alleged rape.

I don't see groping as a reason to expel Franken but I would not vote for anyone guilty of it, Moore is innocent however and if I lived in Alabama I would vote for him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast