Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jill Stein insists Trump is less dangerous than Clinton

Jill Stein insists Trump is less dangerous than Clinton

Jill Stein insists Trump is less dangerous than Clinton – and attacks Bernie Sanders as a DC insider

LINK: https://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/jil...-a-dc-insider/

While she describes Trump as a danger she also believes he’s nothing more than a moron who has destroyed the GOP. Clinton, on the other hand, she considers a greater threat.

“Donald Trump, I think, will have a lot of trouble moving things through Congress,” Stein says. “Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, won’t … Hillary has the potential to do a whole lot more damage, get us into more wars, faster to pass her fracking disastrous climate program, much more easily than Donald Trump could do his.”
    I agree with everything she says above. I have much more confidence that Congress will stall and stop Trump's most outlandish propositions. With Hillary, though, with all the political capital she has in this corrupt system, she will push through many of her liberal, nation-destroying policies.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Hillary is the worst, no doubt about it.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Do we have graphs to back this up? CPU

Jill Stein is a doctor that practiced for more than 25 years, much like the good doctor this site bases its name on. Understandably, her politics are most likely hated around here for the most part, of course, but I would argue she has a better moral foundation than your average politician by a long shot. Unfortunately her big heart blinds her on important issues economically related, similar to Ralph Nader, but you know these people truly do want to end the establishment and the corruption our government faces.

I don't think she is wrong with what she stated here, and I don't have to endorse her politics to believe so. Donald Trump does seem to be on the dumber side of things, but he has more hatred from the establishment than any candidate I have ever seen, including Ron Paul, which would indeed make the opposition should he become president something we haven't seen before in modern times.

Clinton is composed, has the entire establishment on her side, and is calculated in what she wants to do in further destroying this country and potentially the world. I do agree, that this makes her a larger threat than Trump, but at the end of the day, all of these politicians are grave threats and none are going to have every answer for all of our problems as much as they repeatedly promise to solve them.

1. Please don't post articles from ultra-left fakery sites like raw story

2. I haven't seen any proof of where Donald Trump is a "dangerous" character.

Who cares what Jill Stein things? If she seriously thinks Republicans in Congress won't get behind Trump she is an idiot. The fact that they are ALREADY supporting him despite their "reluctance" is evidence that this argument is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Who cares what Jill Stein things? If she seriously thinks Republicans in Congress won't get behind Trump she is an idiot. The fact that they are ALREADY supporting him despite their "reluctance" is evidence that this argument is wrong.
    Unlike you Jill Stein sees beyond the false left-right paradigm, she thinks Trump is more anti-establishment than Clinton and won't play along with the elite's agenda at all the time, unlike Whillorey. I'm not certain she is right, but I am certain that it's not the opposite.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-19-2016 at 01:07 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Unlike you Jill Stein sees beyond the left-right paradigm, she thinks Trump is more anti-establishment than Clinton and won't play along with the elite's agenda at all the time, unlike Whillorey. I'm not certain she is right, but I am certain that it's not the opposite.

Trump is non partisan the same way that Hillary is neocon.

When did Trump become beyond the left and rights establishment? His claim to fame was attacking Obama, when in the same speech he did everything he could to attack the Ron Paul 2012 campaign so Mitt Romney would get the nomination.Was he anti establishment for not supporting Bush, his non support of Bush was during his support of the Clinton's. Oh and he even supported Obama after he won because Bush was so bad Republicans couldn't win so there is no way Obama could be worse than Bush.

If this is the case, why is Reince Priebus threatening/demanding that all Republicans get in line with Trump, or else they will never be allowed to run as GOP members again? Why have the Bushes, Romney, McCain, and the other neocons all come out openly in opposition of this guy stating multiple times they would either a) not vote for him or b) vote 3rd party if necessary?

Some of these folks will fall in line and be obedient to their political party in the end, there is no doubt about that, but the overwhelming sense is that these politicians have been openly attacking and criticizing their parties nominee since day 1 and continue to do it at present time and they do not like how he damages their ability to continue business as usual and to continue the establishment paradigm of endless war, endless federal reserve notes, and endless corruption at the highest levels in government. He would likely continue all of these things, but there is a perception that there is a chance he won't, and that is what ruffles the feathers of the status quo.

There are far too many variables here at this point for me to continue believing the "Trump and Hillary in cahoots" theory, though I don't think it's entirely impossible, just too improbable to take seriously. Jill Stein does have a point about Trump being less dangerous than Hillary, regardless of what the MSM might say to the contrary. I'm not voting in this election, but I will recommend that people hold their nose and vote for Trump if asked who out of the 4 running I should vote for.

P.S. - I still think that Jill Stein is a fruitcake, even though she is right on this one thing.

Stein is simply doing the opposite of Gary Johnson, that is, she's largely triangulating Trump voters in an attempt to get votes from the populist side of the electorate. She's doing so to amplify her anti-elitist attacks on Hillary (mirroring Johnson's beat down of Trump, while triangluating Hillary supporters). Only she has to say something mildly critical of Trump ("he's dumb" is mild compared to the demonization of Trump being done by Clinton and her kept media) to stay credible with her Green supporters. She nonetheless is otherwise trying to sweet talk as many outsider votes as she can from his supporters.

The fact that Trump out-foxed the entire GOP field to win the primaries, neutralized the calculating Never Trumpers to secure the nomination, out-witted the scheming media time and again (as most recently shown last week with the Rick Roll), and seems on track to winning a strong electoral and popular vote victory, somewhat refutes the "he's too dumb to succeed" meme. So while Stein may be able to peel a percent or two off him following her current approach, it will not change the outcome of his pending victory. But her beating up Hillary partially balances out Johnson criticizing Trump in the fall campaign.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 09-19-2016 at 02:34 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    [B] I have much more confidence that Congress will stall and stop Trump's most outlandish propositions. With Hillary, though, with all the political capital she has in this corrupt system, she will push through many of her liberal, nation-destroying policies.
    That is probably the best argument for voting for Trump. He may be a dangerous idiot, but almost everyone in Congress hates him, with the result that almost everything he tries to do will be thwarted by Congress.

HRC, on the other hand, is considered to be a fairly normal human being by a surprising number of people - particularly in the political establishment.

Oh, and . . .

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TER again.
    "Statesmen may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand." - John Adams

"He is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down on profanity and immorality of every kind." - John Witherspoon

Why I stand with Rand

Shes right i haven't seen Trump Assad needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    WTF? he wanted a no fly zone in Syria, do you think that Assad would of been like okay Mr Trump you can shoot down everything over my country even the Russian planes helping me.

Sorry, Trump is not opposed to "safe zone" but really takes no position on it. I just remember in the Vegas debate Trump not opposing the no fly zone, Rand was the only one opposing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    If this is the case, why is Reince Priebus threatening/demanding that all Republicans get in line with Trump, or else they will never be allowed to run as GOP members again? Why have the Bushes, Romney, McCain, and the other neocons all come out openly in opposition of this guy stating multiple times they would either a) not vote for him or b) vote 3rd party if necessary?

Some of these folks will fall in line and be obedient to their political party in the end, there is no doubt about that, but the overwhelming sense is that these politicians have been openly attacking and criticizing their parties nominee since day 1 and continue to do it at present time and they do not like how he damages their ability to continue business as usual and to continue the establishment paradigm of endless war, endless federal reserve notes, and endless corruption at the highest levels in government. He would likely continue all of these things, but there is a perception that there is a chance he won't, and that is what ruffles the feathers of the status quo.

Some of these folks? I'm sorry but you are getting played.

Here is the current list of Republican Senators pledged to support trump, including John McCain. The numbers are reference numbers to articles supporting the claim from the site I'm quoting.

Kelly Ayotte, NH[11]
    John Barrasso, WY[12]
    Richard Burr, NC[13]
    Shelley Moore Capito, WV[14]
    Bill Cassidy, LA[15]
    Dan Coats, IN[16]
    Thad Cochran, MS[17]
    Bob Corker, TN[18]
    John Cornyn, Maj. Whip, TX[19]
    Tom Cotton, AR[20]
    Mike Crapo, ID[21]
    Steve Daines, MT[22]
    Mike Enzi, WY[23]
    Joni Ernst, IA[24]
    Deb Fischer, NE[25]
    Cory Gardner, CO[26]
    Chuck Grassley, IA[27]
    Orrin Hatch, Pres. pro tempore, UT[28]
    John Hoeven, ND[29]
    Jim Inhofe, OK[30]
    Johnny Isakson, GA[29]
    Ron Johnson, WI[31]
    James Lankford, OK[32]
    John McCain, AZ[20]
    Mitch McConnell, Maj. Leader, KY[33]
    Jerry Moran, KS[34]
    Lisa Murkowski, AK[35]
    Rand Paul, KY[36]
    David Perdue, GA[37]
    Rob Portman, OH[38]
    Pat Roberts, KS[39]
    Mike Rounds, SD[40]
    Marco Rubio, FL[41]
    Tim Scott, SC[42]
    Jeff Sessions,* AL[43]
    Dan Sullivan, AK[20]
    John Thune, SD[44]
    Thom Tillis, NC[45]
    Pat Toomey, PA[46]
    David Vitter, LA[47]
    Roger Wicker, MS[48]

That is 41 Senators. There are only 11 that haven't openly pledged to do so. But you can bet they'll get in line when their job is on the line.

As for the House, here is a comprehensive list of those:

Ralph Abraham, LA[47]
    Robert Aderholt, AL[57]
    Mark Amodei, NV[58]
    Lou Barletta,* PA[59]
    Joe Barton, TX[60]
    Gus Bilirakis, FL[61]
    Mike Bishop, MI[62]
    Rob Bishop, UT[63]
    Diane Black, TN[64]
    Marsha Blackburn, TN[65]
    Charles Boustany, LA[47]
    Dave Brat, VA[66]
    Jim Bridenstine, OK[67]
    Vern Buchanan, FL[68]
    Larry Bucshon, IN[69]
    Ken Buck, CO[70]
    Michael Burgess, TX[71]
    Bradley Byrne, AL[72]
    Ken Calvert, CA[73]
    Buddy Carter, GA[74]
    John Carter, TX[75]
    Steve Chabot, OH[38]
    Jason Chaffetz, UT[63]
    Curt Clawson, FL[76]
    Tom Cole, OK[77]
    Chris Collins,* NY[78]
    Doug Collins, GA[79]
    Mike Conaway, TX[80]
    Paul Cook, CA[81]
    Ryan Costello, PA[82]
    Kevin Cramer,* ND[83]
    Rick Crawford, AR[84]
    John Culberson, TX[85]
    Rodney L. Davis, IL[86]
    Jeff Denham, CA[87]
    Ron DeSantis, FL[13]
    Scott DesJarlais,* TN[88]
    Jeff Duncan, SC[89]
    John Duncan,* TN[90]
    Sean Duffy, WI[91]
    Renee Ellmers,* NC[92]
    Tom Emmer, MN[93]
    Blake Farenthold, TX[94]
    Mike Fitzpatrick, PA[95]
    Chuck Fleischmann, TN[96]
    John Fleming, LA[47]
    Randy Forbes, VA[97]
    Virginia Foxx, NC[98]
    Trent Franks, AZ[99]
    Rodney Frelinghuysen, NJ[100]
    Scott Garrett, NJ[101]
    Bob Gibbs, OH[102]
    Louie Gohmert, TX[103]
    Bob Goodlatte, VA[104]
    Paul Gosar, AZ[99]
    Trey Gowdy, SC[105]
    Sam Graves, MO[106]
    Morgan Griffith, VA[107]
    Glenn Grothman, WI[108]
    Frank Guinta, NH[109]
    Brett Guthrie, KY[110]
    Gregg Harper, MS[111]
    Andy Harris, MD[112]
    Jeb Hensarling, TX[113]
    French Hill, AR[114]
    George Holding, NC[115]
    Duncan D. Hunter,* CA[116]
    Darrell Issa, CA[117]
    Evan Jenkins, WV[118]
    Lynn Jenkins, KS[119]
    Bill Johnson, OH[120]
    Sam Johnson, TX[85]
    Jim Jordan, OH[121]
    Walter B. Jones, Jr., NC[122]
    Mike Kelly, PA[123]
    Peter T. King, NY[124]
    Steve King, IA[24]
    John Kline, MN[125]
    Raul Labrador, ID[126]
    Darin LaHood, IL[127]
    Doug LaMalfa, CA[128]
    Leonard Lance, NJ[129]
    Billy Long, MO[130]
    Barry Loudermilk, GA[131]
    Frank Lucas, OK[132]
    Cynthia Lummis, WY[133]
    Tom MacArthur, NJ[82]
    Kenny Marchant, TX[60]
    Tom Marino,* PA[134]
    Thomas Massie, KY[38]
    Kevin McCarthy, Maj. Leader, CA[135]
    Michael McCaul, TX[136]
    Tom McClintock, CA[137]
    Patrick McHenry, NC[138]
    Cathy McMorris Rodgers, WA[139]
    Mark Meadows, NC[140]
    Luke Messer, IN[141]
    John Mica, FL[142]
    Candice Miller, MI[143]
    Jeff Miller,* FL[144]
    John Moolenaar, MI[145]
    Alex Mooney, WV[146]
    Markwayne Mullin, OK[147]
    Mick Mulvaney, SC[148]
    Randy Neugebauer, TX[85]
    Dan Newhouse, WA[149]
    Kristi Noem, SD[150]
    Rich Nugent, FL[151]
    Pete Olson, TX[85]
    Steven Palazzo, MS[152]
    Gary Palmer, AL[153]
    Erik Paulsen, MN[154]
    Steve Pearce, NM[155]
    Scott Perry, PA[82]
    Robert Pittenger, NC[156]
    Mike Pompeo, KS[157]
    Bill Posey, FL[158]
    Tom Price, GA[159]
    John Ratcliffe, TX[160]
    Tom Reed,* NY[161]
    Jim Renacci, OH[162]
    Tom Rice, SC[163]
    Martha Roby, AL[164]
    Phil Roe, TN[107]
    Mike Rogers, AL[164]
    Dana Rohrabacher, CA[81]
    Todd Rokita, IN[165]
    Tom Rooney, FL[158]
    Dennis Ross, FL[166]
    Keith Rothfus, PA[167]
    David Rouzer, NC[168]
    Ed Royce, CA[169]
    Steve Russell, OK[132]
    Paul Ryan, Speaker, WI[170]
    Matt Salmon, AZ[99]
    Mark Sanford, SC[171]
    Austin Scott, GA[172]
    Steve Scalise, Maj. Whip, LA[173]
    David Schweikert, AZ[99]
    Jim Sensenbrenner, WI[174]
    Pete Sessions, TX[175]
    Bill Shuster,* PA[144]
    Adrian Smith, NE[176]
    Lamar Smith, TX[177]
    Elise Stefanik, NY[178]
    Chris Stewart, UT[179]
    Marlin Stutzman, IN[180]
    Dave Trott, MI[181]
    Michael Turner, OH[182]
    David Valadao, CA[183]
    Tim Walberg, MI[181]
    Greg Walden, OR[184]
    Mark Walker, NC[98]
    Jackie Walorski, IN[185]
    Mimi Walters, CA[186]
    Brad Wenstrup, OH[187]
    Bruce Westerman, AR[188]
    Lynn Westmoreland, GA[166]
    Roger Williams, TX[60]
    Rob Wittman, VA[189]
    Steve Womack, AR[114]
    Kevin Yoder, KS[157]
    Ted Yoho, FL[190]
    David Young, IA[24]
    Don Young, AK[191]
    Todd Young, IN[69]
    Lee Zeldin, NY[124]
    Ryan Zinke, MT[192]

That is 168 names. That is out of 246. Not only a clear majority there but, again, those who haven't openly supported him will get in line with the Party.

Have I made myself clear? Dominate majorities of the Republican Party already support him and the rest will fall into line as they always do. Trump controls the party. This idea that the Republicans in Congress will somehow limit him is a delusion. In fact if I were given to conspiracy I would theorize that the few that do oppose him are probably Poe trolls. They're there to make you imagine there is some kind of major scale revolt against trump so that people like @TER will be fooled into supporting an authoritarian jackass they would normally see right through. They aren't going to limit him. The neocons are going to have field day. Even Donald Rumsfeld is supporting Trump! And given that he is an Alt. Left a-hole his judges will be tremendously bad for the country and liberty everywhere. And the Republicans won't get in the way of "Republican" judges. It isn't about liberty. It isn't about you. It is about power. And the Party will always grab more power. You're getting played.
    Last edited by PierzStyx; 09-19-2016 at 04:26 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who did you think they would stand by? Johnson?
    +

Rand Paul pledged to support Trump. Does that mean he will sit back and vote for any authoritative policies Trump might push forward?
    Last edited by TER; 09-19-2016 at 04:37 PM.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Unlike you Jill Stein sees beyond the false left-right paradigm, she thinks Trump is more anti-establishment than Clinton and won't play along with the elite's agenda at all the time, unlike Whillorey. I'm not certain she is right, but I am certain that it's not the opposite.
    What are you talking about? I know Trump isn't a rightist. He, Vox Day, and the rest of the Alt. Left are tinpot tyrants slavering for control. And they are as establishment as you can get. They want to use the Establishment to dominate and control you.

Also, Whillorey doesn't work. Hitlery is pretty good. But just trying to say Whillorey feels like I have marbles in my mouth.

Have I made myself clear? Dominate majorities of the Republican Party already support him and the rest will fall into line as they always do. Trump controls the party. This idea that the Republicans in Congress will somehow limit him is a delusion. In fact if I were given to conspiracy I would theorize that the few that do oppose him are probably Poe trolls. They're there to make you imagine there is some kind of major scale revolt against trump so that people like @TER will be fooled into supporting an authoritarian jackass they would normally see right through. They aren't going to limit him. The neocons are going to have field day. Even Donald Rumsfeld is supporting Trump! And given that he is an Alt. Left a-hole his judges will be tremendously bad for the country and liberty everywhere. And the Republicans won't get in the way of "Republican" judges. It isn't about liberty. It isn't about you. It is about power. And the Party will always grab more power. You're getting played.
    Trump WON OVER support of most of Congress, who now back him out of necessity (he won the nomination, and is on track to winning the election). That's different from their hearts being in it.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Rand Paul pledged to support Trump? Does that mean he will sit back and vote for any authoritative policies Trump might push forward?
    Has he been able to stop them? After his big filibuster did he accomplish anything other than getting his name in the paper? No. Rand is the Republicans most useful redheaded stepchild.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Trump WON OVER support of most of Congress, who now back him out of necessity (he won the nomination, and is on track to winning the election). That's different from their hearts being in it.
    Excuses, excuses. The end is all the same. They'll vote for him and support him. Their positions, power, and money are in their supporting him. And if you think those are less important to them than their hearts, well you're in for a rude awakening.

The sheer facts demonstrate the fallacious nature of arguing the Party won't support Trump's policies. They already do. As you acknowledge he "won over" their support. Through thrift or grift it is all the same.

Rand Paul pledged to support Trump? Does that mean he will sit back and vote for any authoritative policies Trump might push forward?
    Rand said he would support the candidate, not the president (assuming Thump won).

The modus operandi of the elite is to control both major parties. They have done this for years.

Just because many of the establishment players are NOW lining up behind Trump (after he won the nomination) doesn't mean they like him or that he was their choice from the beginning. They are doing what politicians do in order to keep their job. Many of those you named were against him in the beginning. They only support him now because it is the political expedient thing for them to do. Same with the establishment powers, like Adelson. They weren't for Trump until he became a possible road to the White House. They are using him as a tool, just like many are using him as a tool.
    +

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Exactly. Does anyone think that because Rand is supporting him over Hillary, that means Rand won't fight in the Senate for our constitutional rights?
    Last edited by TER; 09-19-2016 at 04:38 PM.
    +

They are using him as a tool
    I believe he is working for the DEMONkRATs along with other RINOs to destroy the RATpubliCON party, because in a one world government, they can't have competition.

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    I believe he is working for the DEMONkRATs along with other RINOs to destroy the RATpubliCON party, because in a one world government, they can't have competition.
    Perhaps, but that is your guess. Meanwhile, Hillary may win. What do think she will do?
    +

Also, Whillorey doesn't work. Hitlery is pretty good. But just trying to say Whillorey feels like I have marbles in my mouth.
    I like Whillorey

It combines Whore (which sounds like hore) and Hillary into Whillorey. It has the word Whore in it (WHillOREy) all you have to do is add in "Ill" in the middle and y at the end - it would probably make some great artistic t-shirt or something if someone has some graphic design skills.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Has he been able to stop them? After his big filibuster did he accomplish anything other than getting his name in the paper? No. Rand is the Republicans most useful redheaded stepchild.
    Thank God we have at least one Liberty minded politician in the Senate who understands the game and plays it because he is looking at this pragmatically and realistically, not acting on emotion but rather working on concrete and palpable results (as small stepped as can be done, considering the machine we are up against). It may be nice to sit on an armchair and theorize and postulate while getting nothing accomplished. But to get work done, in this world, sometimes you have to get your hands dirty. Sometimes, in a fight, you get your own teeth knocked in. But the greatest thing the establishment would want from us now is to sit back and allow Hillary to win. Of this, I have no doubt.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Trump supported the invasion of Libya, saying Qaddafi must go because he's killing his own people.

...sound familiar?

It should, because it's the exact same argument the hawks have been making about Assad for the last 5 years.

He's already come out in support of "safe zones" for refugees - i.e. conquering bits of Syrian territory to use as staging areas for the rebels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast