Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil Young writes Trump open letter after U.S. president continues to use his music

Neil Young writes Trump open letter after U.S. president continues to use his music

Neil Young is upset and writes Open Letter to Trump after he continues to use his music. Neil Young a wealthy singer supports BLM, attacks Trump for building walls. Wants Americans to vote for Biden to vote him out.

America has a leader building walls around our house and doesn't know black lives matter. At the same time he appeared a protest rally with just 100 on Mount Rushmore calling it white supremacy.

Source
    America has a leader building walls around our house, who don’t know Black lives matter,” the Grammy Award winner sang of Trump. “It’s time to vote him out.”

“Your mindless destruction of our shared natural resources, our environment and our relationships with friends around the world is unforgivable,” he wrote.

The land on and around Mount Rushmore is considered sacred to the Lakota Sioux people, who lived in the area before gold was found there.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 07-10-2020 at 12:26 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jussie Smollett, Bubba Wallace, victims of our time
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

President Trump loves to troll these people.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Doubtful that this letter is going to change anything. Trump will still use his music.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Neil Young has walls around his properties...

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Well, I hope Neil Young will remember....

A southern man don't need him around, anyhow.

Trump should switch to using all Neil Young music and nothing else.

That guy is dumb.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

The best thing about Neil Young is a Skynyrd song. +rep.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Can someone interpret Young's statement below? I don't read Canadian.

[Young]: “Because you are in charge of the COVID-19 response here in the USA, I will not sue (as certainly is my right) potentially distracting from your important work at hand protecting and saving American lives,” he continues. “With the enormous power you wield on our behalf, I wish you all the best in your critical battle to save American souls from this threat.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ights-1025124/
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

The song that was played, "Keep On Rocking In the Free World", is an anti-American song, written as a protest of Shrub Sr.

Either the planners or Trump himself were trolling Young, or they were clueless as to the song's meaning, like the nitwits during the Reagan years that somehow took Springsteen's "Born In The USA" as a "patriotic" song.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

+ rep
    "The Patriarch"

Well doesn't it fit perfectly !

"Out of the Blue (cops) and Into the Black (BLM)"

My My Hey Hey lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The song that was played, "Keep On Rocking In the Free World", is an anti-American song, written as a protest of Shrub Sr.

Either the planners or Trump himself were trolling Young, or they were clueless as to the song's meaning, like the nitwits during the Reagan years that somehow took Springsteen's "Born In The USA" as a "patriotic" song.
    Yep- plus the issue here is copyright & use laws.

Anytime a campaign plays a song at a rally, they must ensure that they have a public performance license covering the song’s use.

Even if the campaign does have a proper license to play a song at the campaign’s events, musicians may still be able to assert a legal claim that use of their name infringes right of privacy/publicity; infringes or dilute trademark rights in the musician's name; or falsely implies that they have endorsed the candidate.
    There is no spoon.

Maybe Neil shouldn't have sold the rights to his music, it's not his anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Anytime a campaign plays a song at a rally, they must ensure that they have a public performance license covering the song’s use.

Even if the campaign does have a proper license to play a song at the campaign’s events, musicians may still be able to assert a legal claim that use of their name infringes right of privacy/publicity; infringes or dilute trademark rights in the musician's name; or falsely implies that they have endorsed the candidate.
    I'm thinking that "Fair Use" doctrine applies when used for a non profit political use.

17 U.S.C. § 107

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 17 U.S.C. § 106 and 17 U.S.C. § 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include:[6]

the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
    the nature of the copyrighted work;
    the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
    the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

I think the campaign has a right to use it, but hopefully were not using it as some sort of "patriotic" song, because it's not.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Harvest Moon --- 4 to a casket

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post

I didn’t realize he sold his rights. I always thought he was totally against any use of his catalogue being used commercially. But they were his to sell.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Neil needs to get back to work , nobody cares what he says . Get out there and rock it dude .

A Copyright suit agaisnt a president is going to fail in courts. Copyright only happens when that person makes money out of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    A Copyright suit agaisnt a president is going to fail in courts. Copyright only happens when that person makes money out of the song.
    Nope- you have to have a public performance license- or the venue does- to play music under copyright.

And, please use spellcheck- your posts might be taken more seriously.
    There is no spoon.

Nope- you have to have a public performance license- or the venue does- to play music under copyright.

Seems like he would just take him to court if thats what he was concerned about. He would have his attorney send Trumps attorney a letter not write an open letter about coronavirus.

I am certain that Trump himself knows 10,000 times more about these laws than you do.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    America has a leader building walls around our house and doesn't know black lives matter. At the same time he appeared a protest rally with just 100 on Mount Rushmore calling it white supremacy.
    Neil and Coulter need to have sit down and sort this out (perhaps with Steven Bannon as a fact checking observer), all these conflicting claims-counter claims are starting to get bit confusing.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Seems like he would just take him to court if thats what he was concerned about. He would have his attorney send Trumps attorney a letter not write an open letter about coronavirus.
    Probably just wants the world to know he doesn't support Trump.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I am certain that Trump himself knows 10,000 times more about these laws than you do.
    LOL- right...........
    There is no spoon.

I don't want it to sound like I am defending Trump but he has stated that he obtains all the necessary Public Performance License (PPL) to play copy written material. So every performer is being paid a royalty when their song is played at a Trump venue. If these performers try to sue him they will lose because they are the ones who allowed their music to be licensed in this way.

Probably just wants the world to know he doesn't support Trump.
    No he used Trump to promote fear of Coronavirus and the idea that Trump is responsible for Coronavirus. He is making the virus a partisan blame game because democrats local leaders have $#@! the bed with their response. Probably for money.

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm thinking that "Fair Use" doctrine applies when used for a non profit political use.
    But Neil never did give nothing to the Trump man that he didn't, didn't already have ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    No he used Trump to promote fear of Coronavirus and the idea that Trump is responsible for Coronavirus. He is making the virus a partisan blame game because democrats local leaders have $#@! the bed with their response. Probably for money.
    Majority of the 100k+ deaths in America had being related in New York. And Calif.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast