Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie Opioid czar....good? Surprisingly...maybe....

Oh.............

While I'm typing about pain relief.... Given my druthers I'd druther buy 1/2 an oz of opium to keep in the medicine cabinet...

If you've never tried smoking opium it's by far easier to regulate for home use and not toxic like the pills big pharm peddles...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Regarding Christie I see where you might see possible the good in it. I'm just tired of the constant back and forth I suppose and, so, my fallback position is "government out of it, period" and anything less is only a half-measure that only creates more problems.
    How does legal herb create more problems compared to it being illegal?

Ya, I think opiates should be totally legal. But I'm not going to try and bring down a politician who wants to make the system better, when there are plenty lined up behind them who want to make things worse.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How does legal herb create more problems compared to it being illegal?

Ya, I think opiates should be totally legal. But I'm not going to try and bring down a politician who wants to make the system better, when there are plenty lined up behind them who want to make things worse.
    I wouldn't expect you to understand. Given as long as you have been on these forums, if you haven't figured it out by now then it would be wasted effort.

I respect anyone that changes their view to the right one. If Christie wants to see drug addiction as a health problem instead of a criminal justice issue, then he has my respect. Apparently, and I don't know why this is, changing your opinion to the right one, morally and practically, seems to be a hard thing to do for politicians. I will applaud them when they do.

But I have to say, I don't have a lot of faith that Christie will do the right things. He still is one of those backroom-deal guys who primarily cares about his own power, not so much about principles... So yeah, well, good article, I hope good things come from it but I'm doubtful.
    "I am a bird"

...'opioid czar' is an important constitutional function of the federal government...the choice of christie would make the authors of the constitution proud...bigly...
    #1 Christie was a prosecutor (lowest form of life)

#2 Locking up stoners only hides them from public view.

#3 He's a $#@!ing idiot.
    You want to cut back the overdose deaths?

Go after the supplier:

Click here to view the original image of 979x590px and 628KB.
    thread winners

wish I could share drake's optimism, but I sincerely doubt mayor mccheese has much interest in pot as an alternative to opioids and opioid addiction. i'm seeing another boneheaded effort at massive prohibition with all of the negative consequences of past prohibitions and more. civil liberties and compassion whither, oppression and misery flourish.

we libertarians aren't the only one's to see this. it takes a knucklehead to not see this. I've always seen Christie as a knucklehead.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    thread winners

wish I could share drake's optimism, but I sincerely doubt mayor mccheese has much interest in pot as an alternative to opioids and opioid addiction. i'm seeing another boneheaded effort at massive prohibition with all of the negative consequences of past prohibitions and more. civil liberties and compassion whither, oppression and misery flourish.

we libertarians aren't the only one's to see this. it takes a knucklehead to not see this. I've always seen Christie as a knucklehead.
    I'm just trying to call em like I see em. Trump supporters think I hate Trump because I point out where he screws up (which sadly is quite often these days.) In this case if I accept the BSNBC article at face value (another dubious proposition), this may turn out to be a good thing. And yes it could be MOTSS. We'll have to see.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I wouldn't expect you to understand. Given as long as you have been on these forums, if you haven't figured it out by now then it would be wasted effort.
    What I understand is that while I would prefer to live in the most free society possible, I would rather live in a relatively free society with relatively free markets that has a couple laws I don't like over a communist dictatorship. What I understand is that freedom is a spectrum. What I understand is that most people aren't ready for freedom, and in fact many do not even want it. What I understand is that MORE freedom is always better than LESS freedom.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Let's see. The stated problem is that doctors prescribe too many opiate drugs. He wants them more restricted to deal with that drug problem. On the other hand, he wants to cut the FDA which is responsible for such things and his FDA chief wants to cut restrictions on prescription drugs including opiates. At least Christie finally got a job.

http://raps.org/regulatoryDetail.aspx?id=26745

Trump to Pharma CEOs: 75% to 80% of FDA Regulations Will be Eliminated

In a sign of what’s to come for the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), President Donald Trump told pharmaceutical company CEOs Tuesday that his administration will be “cutting regulations at a level no one has ever seen before.”

The comments, which came before the meeting with CEOs from industry group PhRMA, Merck, Novartis, Johnson & Johnson, Celgene and others, Trump said in terms of the drug approval process: “We’re also going to be streamlining the process, so that from your standpoint, when you have a drug you can actually get it approved, instead of waiting for many, many years."
    http://fortune.com/2017/03/29/fda-go...arma-payments/

Trump’s Nominee to Lead the FDA Got Paid Millions by the Health Care Industry

Dr. Scott Gottlieb, President Donald Trump's nominee to head the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is a widely respected physician and prominent conservative health care thinker. He also has some serious financial ties to the industry he's tasked with overseeing if ultimately confirmed by the Senate.

Gottlieb has received millions of dollars in compensation from some 20-odd biopharma and health firms, according to financial disclosure documents reported by the Wall Street Journal.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-30-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

...mock him all you want but trump is finally doing something about drugs!...and he is creating good paying job$ with benefit$ for his new 'opioid officer$'...and yes we can create even more good paying job$ with office$ for a marijuana czar, a meth czar, a crack cocaine czar, an alcohol czar, a magic mushroom czar, etc..it's all good...MASA...make america sober again...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    #1 Christie was a prosecutor (lowest form of life)

#2 Locking up stoners only hides them from public view.

#3 He's a $#@!ing idiot.
    This ^
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Better painkillers would be nice..

Quote Originally Posted by merkelstan View Post
    Better painkillers would be nice..
    "Better" isn't really the issue, what's available now is sufficient to quell the pain of lopping off a limb....

Problem is government trying to keep it out of the hands of sufferers...

Ok cause i'm down for 5 weeks now with a bulging disc. It sucks so bad.

So yeah some pain-killer that doesn't cause addiction would be nice.

Lying on the floor with the laptop on its side... At least i've got that.
    Last edited by merkelstan; 03-30-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Fear of painkillers doesn't mean they're not effective.

If you're scared of hydro's and oxy's try T-3 or T-4, honestly I've never had an issue doing oxy for 2-3 weeks every 4 hrs....But every body reacts differently..

Thanks, I'll read up on those - very new to this

Thanks, I'll read up on those - very new to this
    They both use codeine as the analgesic...

[edit]

If you've never taken big-pharm's "opioids" and you're in pain don't be scared because of "Teh Newz"......

Try 5-10mgs every 6 hrs twice then stop..........Pay attention for the next 24 hrs......If you just hurt and don't crave the buzz try every 6 hrs for 24 hrs....... You'll figure out how your body reacts/responds to them....

I know how I respond and I wouldn't hesitate to do heroin to alleviate pain..........But I flat out hate the buzz from pain killers....
    Last edited by tod evans; 03-30-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Back to prohibition topic.

Is everyone here for ending drug (and medicines) prohibition? No more FDA, DEA? No more Narco-terror? Amnesty for nonviolent drug offenders?

Greetings from NJ. Yes Christie signed medical MJ here, but he his administration has been sloth to approve dispensaries. There are many fewer than what the legislation prescribed, and it's not because there aren't businesses looking to do it.

I think there is an element to Christie's softening and focusing on drug abuse/addiction related to his historically bad approval ratings in this state. I think it's all a PR campaign to boost his image before he matriculates out of office.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Is everyone here for ending drug (and medicines) prohibition? No more FDA, DEA? No more Narco-terror? Amnesty for nonviolent drug offenders?

...heaven forfend!!..we can't go soft on drugs now!!..we are so close to winning this drug war with great leaders and thinkers like president trump, gov. christie, gov. paul lepage, etc..

...besides, look at all the lost job$ with your idea!!..how are all the brave, hard-working, tax-paying, government employee drug warriors, jailers, judges, lawyers, drug counsellors, probation officers, peepee checkers, etc. ad nauseam, going to replace their income when they lose their job$!!!..THINK OF ALL THE LOST TAX REVENUE, YOU ANARCHIST DRUGGIES!!!...

...now is not the time to tuck tail and run!!!...drug war harder!!!...full steam ahead!!..

...as to prescription meds. you should know that regular people aren't capable of administering what goes into their bodies in this increasingly complicated world!!..THAT'S WHY WE HAVE GOVERNMENT-LICENSED DOCTORS!!
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 03-31-2017 at 06:52 AM.

I can't speak for everyone but the DEA should not exist and if it did exist it should be restricted to going after the CIA and other government agencies that deal drugs.

The FDA? Well they've allowed bad drugs like Vioxx while cracking down on Amish farmers selling salve so screw them too. Private organizations like Consumer Reports could do a better job educating the public on what's safe and what isn't. And yes, amnesty for nonviolent drug offenders. End the drug war. It's killed too many innocent people already.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    Greetings from NJ. Yes Christie signed medical MJ here, but he his administration has been sloth to approve dispensaries. There are many fewer than what the legislation prescribed, and it's not because there aren't businesses looking to do it.

I think there is an element to Christie's softening and focusing on drug abuse/addiction related to his historically bad approval ratings in this state. I think it's all a PR campaign to boost his image before he matriculates out of office.
    Thanks for your input! Note that I said from the get go I don't like or trust Christie. Okay, maybe (probably) he's faking it. Hopefully that means the tide has turned so much on the GWOD (global war on drugs) that even a hardcore drug warrior like Christie has to pretend to be something that he's not.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Everything government gets involved in it $#@!s up.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Okay. I'm not sure why you would think that expanding medical marijuana to cover PTSD = restricting the use of prescription opioids. As for politicians being involved in pain medicine, that's already the case. And frankly I would rather use a joint to deal with a slipped disc (or better yet, chiropractic care to actually repair the slipped disk and heating pads and other natural methods to deal the with pain) than risk getting addicted to prescription opioids. But that's just me. Pop all the oxycontin you want.
    Chiropractic may repair a slipped disc, I don't know. But it doesn't do $#@! for a bulging one, and clove oil will only give a minimal amount of relief.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Chiropractic may repair a slipped disc, I don't know. But it doesn't do $#@! for a bulging one, and clove oil will only give a minimal amount of relief.
    Actually chiropractic care does work for bulging disks.

https://www.laserspineinstitute.com/...opractic_care/

As for myself I'd rather take the "minimal relief" of clove oil and (perhaps) a joint over getting hooked on oxycontin. Perhaps opium in its natural form isn't so bad but I myself would stay away from the synthetic stuff. But like I already said "Pop all the oxycontin you want."

interesting re: clove oil - i see a variety of oils are recommended. thanks. interestingly merkelstan has just legalized medical MJ also for chronic pain. Might try that too.

interesting re: clove oil - i see a variety of oils are recommended. thanks. interestingly merkelstan has just legalized medical MJ also for chronic pain. Might try that too.
    Ahhh...I get your name now. "Merkelstan" = Germany. LOL. And yeah, that's good news.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/29/health...cannabis-laws/

Slowly...but surely...the world is waking up to the fact that the GWOD (global war on drugs) is a farce. Now if we can turn the corner on the GWOT (global war on terror).

@merkelstan

Tried to pm you but can't. Get this book, seriously.

https://www.amazon.com/Pain-Free-Rev.../dp/0553379887
    "The Patriarch"

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually chiropractic care does work for bulging disks.

https://www.laserspineinstitute.com/...opractic_care/

As for myself I'd rather take the "minimal relief" of clove oil and (perhaps) a joint over getting hooked on oxycontin. Perhaps opium in its natural form isn't so bad but I myself would stay away from the synthetic stuff. But like I already said "Pop all the oxycontin you want."
    Have you ever had bulging discs? In my experience, it's a fools errand going to a Chiropractor.
    "The Patriarch"

@<u><a href="http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=66749" target="_blank">merkelstan</a></u>

Tried to pm you but can't. Get this book, seriously.

https://www.amazon.com/Pain-Free-Rev.../dp/0553379887
    Cool information! Thanks for sharing! I found this searching for info on that book.

Have you ever had bulging discs? In my experience, it's a fools errand going to a Chiropractor.
    I have not. I know someone who had and he found chiropractic helpful and from what I've read it's helpful. But every case is different of course. Maybe some bulging disks are worse than others. I don't know. But I think you should be able to use oxycontin or pure opium or marijuana or whatever it is that you believe can help your situation. Acupuncture, acupressure, hypnosis, whatever. The gubmint should stay out of it.

Cool information! Thanks for sharing! I found this searching for info on that book.

It got me off my back when nothing else could. Nuff said.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast