Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kobe Bryant Dead

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Been in many aircraft over the years, Still much safer than driving on the streets in a car, or taking Amtrack.
    I always felt safe in the Amtrak bar , you could get a Hebrew National all beef dog for 5.00 .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Once the bullets start whizzing through there they get less appealing , even more so when they are lurching and hurdling towards to the ground .
    I was lucky, I was always offloaded in safer LZ conditions. I humped much more that I flew.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I always felt safe in the Amtrak bar , you could get a Hebrew National all beef dog for 5.00 .
    I know, the prices are crazy! Tell you what... Amtrack scared me more than all the flying I have done in my life. Did you note how close those get to other cars going the other direction as they rock back and forth? They get within inches of each other.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

My dad is now theorizing that Kobe's death is being used as a distraction because all the impeachment stuff involving Trump isn't going well.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Special VFR through the LA Basin on a crappy weather day......

What could go wrong?

Sadly, there will probably be a push to take away our ability to scud-run because of the less talented who can't properly manage the risks.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Special VFR through the LA Basin on a crappy weather day......

What could go wrong?

Sadly, there will probably be a push to take away our ability to scud-run because of the less talented who can't properly manage the risks.
    I didn’t follow a lot of that, but it seems like they were stuck doing holding patterns and waiting (for permission to land?), and ended up hitting a hillside because they were too low? It was cloudy and foggy in most of California this morning.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I didn’t follow a lot of that, but it seems like they were stuck doing holding patterns and waiting (for permission to land?), and ended up hitting a hillside because they were too low? It was cloudy and foggy in most of California this morning.
    You understand it correctly.

The picture that Danke's video shows of the crash scene says it all.

It is very Stevie Ray Vaughn-ish dogshat weather to play with around hills and rising terrain.

Aircraft going around usually means the weather prevented them from landing.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I wish I had known earlier helicopters should not fly in fog and bad weather . I would have notified the Army we should be grounded and at the bar awaiting for 70 and sunny weather with cocktails .
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    My dad is now theorizing that Kobe's death is being used as a distraction because all the impeachment stuff involving Trump isn't going well.
    Your dad is right about this and Chinaplauge. Politicians love to use any distraction they can find.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

I wish I had known earlier helicopters should not fly in fog and bad weather .
    This is probably the biggest cause of the many military whopterkopter crashes.

Dad was also saying that in a way Kobe caused his own demise by being rich and famous. Had he been a regular American citizen he'd still be alive.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Burn the white witch! Sign the petition.

https://www.twitter.com/AlisonMorris...55983635357696
    This tragedy has a silver lining in that it flushed this obvious racist from her hiding place.

OK, never piloted a helo, but if the WX is getting bad, you can stop forward motion and do a 180. If that doesn't help, just land in an open area. Don't understand what I have read so far.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Last edited by dannno; 01-27-2020 at 11:16 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Dad was also saying that in a way Kobe caused his own demise by being rich and famous. Had he been a regular American citizen he'd still be alive.
    I said essentially the same thing. Die in a private helicopter leaving from your house? Rich people problem.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

OK, never piloted a helo, but if the WX is getting bad, you can stop forward motion and do a 180. If that doesn't help, just land in an open area. Don't understand what I have read so far.
    Yeah, last I heard those things can hover. Heard the debris field was fairly large, indicating some speed.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    You are a terrible person.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Yeah, last I heard those things can hover. Heard the debris field was fairly large, indicating some speed.
    Ya . I always jumped out before they hit the ground. You don't want to still be in it , that $#@!s going to kill you .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    You are a terrible person.
    Like you wouldn't eat it.

Tastes just like chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Did he have dirt on the Clintons?
    It appears so.

Last edited by dannno; 01-27-2020 at 11:16 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It's certainly not a hill I'd be willing to die on.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Not my favorite source, but here we go..

Washington Post suspends reporter for pointing out that Kobe Bryant was not a god
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...tail=emaildkre

The Washington Post has suspended national political news reporter Felicia Sonmez following her tweets around late NBA star Kobe Bryant’s rape allegation and the backlash she received online.

Ms. Sonmez is a political reporter for the Post. Following Bryant’s death she Tweeted the Daily Beast article linked above. Afterwards she received a barrage of approximately 10,000 hate tweets and death threats from people purporting to be fans of Kobe Bryant and/or people purporting to be “outraged” at the timing of her Tweet.

Kobe Bryant's last NBA game was against the Utah Jazz. He left that game with 4.1 seconds left in the 4th quarter. 41 is how old Bryant was when he died. Utah Jazz scored 96 points that game. 1996 was the year Kobe was drafted. Either that's a strange coincidence or its all part of a plan.

Calvin Coolidge

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12