Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sacha Baron Cohen SHOWTIME Preview

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Sacha Baron Cohen SHOWTIME Preview

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sacha Baron Cohen should be shot.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Did he ever make fun of liberals?

Who else might be a victim of Sacha Baron Cohen's new show?

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ohens-new-show

14 Jul 2018

Sarah Palin and other US rightwingers have railed at being duped, but Cohen’s Who is America? is shrouded in mystery. Did he get as far as the White House?

It is already one of the most talked-about TV series of 2018, before a single episode has even aired. Yet little has been publicly revealed about Who Is America?, the new comedy from Ali G and Borat creator Sacha Baron Cohen, which has been filmed undercover for a year and kept under wraps by its stateside broadcaster Showtime. However, judging by the furious responses of those who have fallen foul of the notorious British comic’s latest setups, the show seems certain to generate intense controversy within the febrile world of US politics.

A number of unwitting victims have already reacted angrily after realising that they have been hoodwinked by the series, which begins on Sunday in the US and on Monday on Channel 4. On Tuesday, Sarah Palin shared on Facebook that the satirist had “duped” her into an interview by disguising himself as a disabled American military veteran. “I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen victim to the evil, exploitive, sick ‘humor’ of the British ‘comedian’ Sacha Baron Cohen,” Palin wrote.

In the wake of Palin’s admission, a number of other conservative figures have revealed that they too were tricked by Baron Cohen. Roy Moore, the Alabama senate candidate whose campaign was derailed by accusations of sexual misconduct that he denies, threatened to sue the satirist after being duped into appearing at a mock event celebrating the 70th anniversary of the founding of Israel, while disgraced former Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio says Baron Cohen interviewed him while disguised as a Finnish comedian. Rightwing radio hosts Joe Walsh and Austin Rhodes have also confirmed they had been interviewed undercover by the satirist.

Another confirmed victim is former US vice-president Dick Cheney, who, in one of the few clips released in advance of the series’ launch, is seen enthusiastically autographing a “waterboarding kit”.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    While the majority of those who have admitted to being duped by Baron Cohen are Republicans, his undercover operation is thought to have targeted a number of other personalities. Veteran broadcaster Ted Koppel has said he was interviewed for the series.

According to rightwing commentator Matt Drudge, former Democratic presidential candidates Howard Dean and Bernie Sanders have also been duped into appearing on Who Is America?, while OJ Simpson is rumoured to appear in the series.

That Baron Cohen has seemingly managed to deceive so many political and cultural big beasts will be unsurprising to anyone familiar with his career to date. Over the past two decades, the satirist has acquired a fearsome reputation for embarrassing high-profile figures on both sides of the Atlantic. In the guise of his rude-boy character Ali G, he was able to score interviews with Jacob Rees-Mogg, Tony Benn and Noam Chomsky, while as the hapless Kazakh journalist Borat he managed to convince a Virginian rodeo to let him sing a mangled version of the Star-Spangled Banner.

Yet in recent years Baron Cohen has moved away from pranks and into scripted films such as The Dictator and Grimsby, fuelling suggestions that he had become too recognisable to pull off ambush TV.

That risk of being rumbled perhaps explains the secrecy around Who Is America?. The series was announced only a week before its air date, a highly unusual move in an industry where shows tend to be promoted months or even years in advance, and – aside from the brief clip of Cheney – no footage from it has been released to the public. An early trailer, released before the show’s official announcement on Monday, played up to the sense of mystery.

“We’d like to tell you about a new comedy that’s coming, but we can’t,” a voiceover says. “The creators won’t let us show you a scene, the lawyers won’t let us tell you the name of the star and we can’t even reveal the show’s title or we’d be breaking our non-disclosure agreement.”

The reactions from Palin and others suggest that such secrecy has reaped results, but it remains to be seen whether Baron Cohen’s powers of deception extend to the current occupant of the White House. The satirist and Donald Trump have history: Trump walked out of an interview with Ali G in 2003, and later published a video criticising a stunt in which Baron Cohen spilled “the ashes of Kim Jong Il” on TV presenter Ryan Seacrest at the 2012 Oscars.

Baron Cohen has used footage from that Trump video – in which the then-Apprentice host tells him to “go to school, learn about being funny” – in a trailer teasing the new series. It concludes with the logo for the now-defunct Trump University and the message “Sacha graduates soon”. Given Baron Cohen’s past form, it’s a threat that even the president of the United States should take seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Did he ever make fun of liberals?
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    lmao

Cohen is pretending to be equal and bipartisan in his "punking" of people, but there is an important difference. When it is a leftist like Sanders, he makes an idiot out of himself. When he pranks conservatives, he does his best to make them look foolish.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Very disappointed in the old folks that he was able to fool.

And to make them more susceptible, he was playing an Israeli security expert, and portraying the "arm the children" program as an existing Israeli program. The properly indoctrinated DC creatures reflexively agree to anything under that premise.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

And to make them more susceptible, he was playing an Israeli security expert, and portraying the "arm the children" program as an existing Israeli program. The properly indoctrinated DC creatures reflexively agree to anything under that premise.
    He certainly made them look about as stupid as that one D congressman who thought guam might capsize

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

And people wonder how stupid legislation gets through.

Gun Advocate Wrote a 1,400-Word Recap About Getting Duped by Sacha Baron Cohen

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...192423310.html

... it turns out that he did reflect on his interactions with Morad way back in April..

At over 1,400 words, it’s a pretty epic recap of his interaction with Baron Cohen and a production crew he suspected was connected to “someone like Michael Moore, or, even worse, a Sacha Baron Cohen-esq
    Borat-type of shock comedy meant to be devastatingly embarrassing and humiliating to the victim in the crosshairs.

Van Cleave claimed he suspected something was up with the mysterious television crew and the “Israel security expert” host, but he went along with a 15-minute interview and the three-hour “Gunimals” ad shoot anyway “so I could find out who was behind this and where this was going. I figured if I was right about this being a set up, I could blow the whistle and get a warning out to the gun-rights community across the country to protect as many people as possible and maybe derail this attack. If it turned out to be nothing, then no harm, no foul,” he wrote. “Sadly for me, I’m sure I’m going to be in whatever crazy film finally comes out, looking really stupid and, just as sadly, I’ll probably be in good company. A few of us will no doubt get hammered, but if we can get the word out IMMEDIATELY, we might be able to save the reputations of many other good people.” Apparently Van Cleave’s warning wasn’t very effective.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

... it turns out that he did reflect on his interactions with Morad way back in April..

At over 1,400 words, it’s a pretty epic recap of his interaction with Baron Cohen and a production crew he suspected was connected to “someone like Michael Moore, or, even worse, a Sacha Baron Cohen-esq
    Borat-type of shock comedy meant to be devastatingly embarrassing and humiliating to the victim in the crosshairs.

Van Cleave claimed he suspected something was up with the mysterious television crew and the “Israel security expert” host, but he went along with a 15-minute interview and the three-hour “Gunimals” ad shoot anyway “so I could find out who was behind this and where this was going. I figured if I was right about this being a set up, I could blow the whistle and get a warning out to the gun-rights community across the country to protect as many people as possible and maybe derail this attack. If it turned out to be nothing, then no harm, no foul,” he wrote. “Sadly for me, I’m sure I’m going to be in whatever crazy film finally comes out, looking really stupid and, just as sadly, I’ll probably be in good company. A few of us will no doubt get hammered, but if we can get the word out IMMEDIATELY, we might be able to save the reputations of many other good people.” Apparently Van Cleave’s warning wasn’t very effective.

Ya I knew it was something like that...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

[FONT="]...[/FONT][FONT="] it turns out that he [/FONT]did [FONT="]reflect on his interactions with Morad way back in April..
    [/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    At over 1,400 words, it’s a pretty epic recap of his interaction with Baron Cohen and a production crew he suspected was connected to “someone like Michael Moore, or, even worse, a Sacha Baron Cohen-esq [/FONT]

When I balked at 4-year-olds being able to do that, he showed me an alleged newscast video on his iPad. The text was in Hebrew, but with an English-speaking narration, talking about how a 4-year-old boy had indeed stopped a terrorist attack at his school. The newscast said that he killed two terrorists using his dad’s gun, which he had brought to school in his backpack to show a friend, in violation of school rules. Israeli Premier Netanyahu was touting him as a hero in the video.

While I’ve never been to Israel, I do know they have some serious terrorism concerns, especially at schools and other public gatherings. The way they handle some of their security can be very different from what we have in the U.S. But that news story just didn’t look right, and 4-year-olds can hold a gun and fire it with supervision, but not take on terrorists, and especially manage to shoot and kill two of them.

Because of this and various other odd things I noticed during the interview, I was now convinced that something wasn’t right. This wasn’t real and probably some sort of a set up.

I could only think of Hollywood’s threat. At a minimum, it could be a comedy which would play only in Israel, but it could be a more damaging attempt to make a “mocumentary,” by someone like Michael Moore, or, even worse, a Sacha Baron Cohen-esq “Borat”-type of shock comedy meant to be devastatingly embarrassing and humiliating to the victim in the crosshairs.
    Well, it certainly seems he was on to it. Unfortunately, almost no one who watches the new Cohen show will know about his explanation. He just looks like the biggest idiot they could find. Going along was not a good idea. He should have walked out the minute it seemed suspicious and put out his warning.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Comedian tries to make fun of people and people freak out.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-18-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Comedian tries to make fun of people and people freak out.

I'm glad I got to see one of his shows when he was still around.

Well, it certainly seems he was on to it. Unfortunately, almost no one who watches the new Cohen show will know about his explanation. He just looks like the biggest idiot they could find. Going along was not a good idea. He should have walked out the minute it seemed suspicious and put out his warning.
    Even a right wing gun advocate didn’t mention (know?) about Van Cleave’s warning.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Going along was not a good idea. He should have walked out the minute it seemed suspicious and put out his warning.
    True, but the intention was to find out who was behind it. He was playing detective and it really backfired.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ga. lawmaker urged to resign after using racial slurs, dropping pants in TV show

Georgia House Speaker David Ralston demanded that state Rep. Jason Spencer resign after he yelled racial slurs and exposed himself in an episode of Sacha Baron Cohen’s Showtime series that aired late Sunday.

Spencer dropped his pants and repeatedly used the n-word in the episode of “Who Is America?” Spencer had earlier threatened legal action to prevent the network from airing footage of him.

In a statement shortly after the episode aired, Ralston said Spencer’s actions and language in the video are “reprehensible,” according to our investigative partners at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and AJC.com.

“Representative Spencer has disgraced himself and should resign immediately,” said Ralston. “Georgia is better than this.”

Other Republican leaders also swiftly condemned Spencer. Secretary of State Brian Kemp removed the lawmaker from his list of endorsements ahead of Tuesday’s GOP runoff for governor and urged him to apologize.

Gov. Nathan Deal called his language “appalling and offensive.”

“There is no excuse for this type of behavior, ever,” said Deal, “and I am saddened and disgusted by it.”
    Although Spencer was defeated in the Republican primary in May, he remains a state legislator until the new class of lawmakers takes office after the November election.

Cohen, who played an Israeli military expert, persuaded Spencer to take part in what he was told was a counterterrorism video. Cohen gets him to yell racial epithets and shimmy his exposed rear-end toward purported attackers screaming “USA” and “America” by saying it will ward off terrorists.

In the show’s closing minutes, Spencer returns to the screen with a “message to the terrorists.”
    He then repeats a racial slur, this time threatening to cut off an attacker’s genitals. Then it shows him stabbing a knife into the groin area of a dummy clad in a black hijab, and shoving another item in the dummy’s mouth. The segment ends with him reminding the audience he’s an elected official - and a Georgia peach logo.

The New York Times called the segment the “most humiliating yet to air” on Cohen’s show, which last week featured several Republican lawmakers and gun rights supporters backing a fictitious program to teach kindergartners to use firearms.

Spencer told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution last week that the show’s producers “took advantage of my fears that I would be attacked by someone” to convince him to appear on the program.

“They exploited my state of mind for profit and notoriety,” said Spencer, who said he was denied the chance to have final approval over what will air. “This media company’s deceptive and fraudulent behavior is exactly why President Donald Trump was elected.”

Spencer has declined further comment, and could not immediately be reached late Sunday about Ralston’s demand for his resignation. Showtime has denied that Cohen or the show’s producers acted improperly.

Spencer was defeated by a Republican challenger after four terms representing a conservative southeast Georgia district, where he grabbed headlines that enraged lawmakers from both parties despite having little influence in the Legislature.

He faced calls for resignation late last year after he warned a black former state legislator that she won’t be “met with torches but something a lot more definitive” if she continued to call for the removal of Confederate statues in South Georgia.

And Republican leaders roundly criticized his legislative proposal that would bar women from wearing burqas on public property, forcing him to withdraw the legislation.

This year, he shifted his focus toward a bill that would have allowed adult survivors of child sexual abuse more time to file lawsuits. The bill didn’t pass amid stiff opposition from the Boy Scouts and some other nonprofit organizations.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/ga-...show/796135154
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

F-ing Moron.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

The gun clip was long and boring. The Sanders clip was short and funny.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    F-ing Moron.

Sometimes I wonder if people that damn dumb deserve to be shamed.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    It appears that way, but Sacha is pretty creative in how he gets his material and how he selectively edits.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    They do.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It appears that way, but Sacha is pretty creative in how he gets his material and how he selectively edits.
    I'm sure he is but really? It never occurred to this douchbag that letting someone film you whilst you showed your ass (literally and figuratively) was a bad idea.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sure he is but really? It never occurred to this douchbag that letting someone film you whilst you showed your ass (literally and figuratively) was a bad idea.
    Well the President of GOA looked just as bad and even though it was obviously a huge mistake it turned out he had a pretty decent explanation.

But you're probably right, he may have found a legitimate buffoon here.

LOL and i was berated for saying I wanted to beat up trump apologists. You want someone to die for making idiots show their true idiocy, all on their own. Where are you, NorthCarolinaLiberty??

They do.

And then be shocked when it goes public.

SMDH
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast