Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: President Trump pardons Oregon cattle ranchers

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Did you just ask me to prove a negative and then dare use the word "logic" in the same sentence?
    No I asked you to disprove my assertion that Garland and his ilk would have been worse than Kavanaugh and Gorsuch.

If by learning to be more libertarian you mean that he (they) is learning how to shut you up with token gestures, then yes, they are definitely learning to be more libertarian. And I'm sure we can expect a lot more libertarianism in the future, particularly when Iran is attacked, as John Bolton and Rudy Giuliani promised recently.
    If someone better is available I'll choose them, until then he is an improvement and he seem to be getting better.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Well I'm glad these guys got to go home!
    No $#@!. I'm sure their wives and families are too. Theirs is surely a case of BLM abuse which continues to this day. The BLM has revoked all grazing rights, because once the BLM goes after you they stop at nothing to destroy you, and they need to be there to save what they can. Miscarriage of justice all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No I asked you to disprove my assertion that Garland and his ilk would have been worse than Kavanaugh and Gorsuch.
    That is the same as asking to prove a negative. I can't prove or disprove an outcome of something that never happened. As Spock would say "That is illogical."
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

That is the same as asking to prove a negative. I can't prove or disprove an outcome of something that never happened. As Spock would say "That is illogical."
    LOL, no it is asking you to prove the impossible (you are the one who took the impossible position), Garland has a much worse record that can be compared to Kavanaugh's and Gorsuch's.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Go over to the Kavanaugh thread and read the Jesuit oath I posted, which he took. You can't believe a word of anything he says he supports or doesn't support or why he does or doesn't support something. He's a literal soldier in a religious military order called the Knights of Malta.

Ever watched Handmaid's Tale? That is the type of society they aspire to and why our sons and daughters have been systematically exterminating millions of non-Catholics around the world for a very long time. It goes even deeper than that but that should suffice for the moment.
    So you are saying Kavanaugh is secretly a plant by the Vatican which is controlled by the Bushes? WTF? Whatever dude, I am still of the opinion that Trump is doing a better job than any other politician I have seen in my life.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    So you are saying Kavanaugh is secretly a plant by the Vatican which is controlled by the Bushes? WTF? Whatever dude, I am still of the opinion that Trump is doing a better job than any other politician I have seen in my life.
    Trump won the taller than Danny Devito competition. You are just defending him because he is your guy. You have double standards or no standards at all.

Trump certainly has some BIG GOVT tendencies, but I can't think of any president in the last 50 years that has done more to bring a new approach to the White House. Does he have negative? Yes. Does he have positives that outweigh the negative? In my opinion yes. We actually have a president that is telling the Marxist globalists in our government and our allies government to take a hike. He has changed the game and they are losing their minds.

I applaude the new approach. It isn't libertarian and it isn't what Ron would do, but it is better than the same old same old.

Looking forward to more winning.
    The breaking of the Iran deal was not winning- his stance on Iran let me know where his politics were during the primaries- not to mention the increased war mongering. In the last 50 years only Jimmy Carter was a peacetime president.
    There is no spoon.

I was hoping this was the one thread in this sub-forum that would not have turned into the pro-Trump, anti-Trump back and forths.

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    I was hoping this was the one thread in this sub-forum that would not have turned into the pro-Trump, anti-Trump back and forths.

Nope.
    No $#@!. I even reported it. The parents have left the house unattended.

Good move Trump.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Trump won the taller than Danny Devito competition. You are just defending him because he is your guy. You have double standards or no standards at all.
    Trump isn't my guy, he is the current president that I have to deal with. I had to deal with criminals like Obama, Bush, Clinton and Bush. I was in high school for Reagan and just thought he was dumb for increasing our debt. Carter seemed like a dope and Nixon was a disgrace.

So now we have a business person, a real estate/construction guy and he just plain doing a better job that all of the previous career government workers. I never had any fondness for NY blowhards and Trump is the king of them. I do however have an appreciation for a president that actually gives a crap about pardoning people like the Hammonds. I am certain that I will never see a president that is up to my standards but Trump deserves credit for being better than all of the typical politicians before him. The American voter finally stepped out side of the box a little bit and I think that is healthy. I also think the Ron Paul R3VOLUTION helped make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The breaking of the Iran deal was not winning- his stance on Iran let me know where his politics were during the primaries- not to mention the increased war mongering. In the last 50 years only Jimmy Carter was a peacetime president.
    I have no problem deferring to your opinion on Iran as I can't claim to know if the Iran deal was good or bad. At the same time I do have some faith in the competence of Trump. The guy is all about making deals and I think he makes more good ones than bad. Time will tell us for sure if breaking the Iran deal improves our situation. I see his war mongering as a negotiation tactic many times and the change in the NK situation is positive in my opinion. Jimmy Carter certainly was one of our more peaceful presidents, but he wasn't terribly effective overall.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Trump isn't my guy, he is the current president that I have to deal with. I had to deal with criminals like Obama, Bush, Clinton and Bush. ...... I see his war mongering as a negotiation tactic many times and the change in the NK situation is positive in my opinion. Jimmy Carter certainly was one of our more peaceful presidents, but he wasn't terribly effective overall.
    You just argued my exact point. You aren't comparing him to anyone that was ever good at anything but $#@!ting all over our country. You aren't saying that he is anything like any of our constitutional founding fathers, you are literally saying atleast its not Hitler, Stalin, Mao. He is totally your guy otherwise you wouldn't think that this is negotiation. You are basically saying $#@! diplomacy because he is my guy.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You just argued my exact point. You aren't comparing him to anyone that was ever good at anything but $#@!ting all over our country. You aren't saying that he is anything like any of our constitutional founding fathers, you are literally saying atleast its not Hitler, Stalin, Mao. He is totally your guy otherwise you wouldn't think that this is negotiation. You are basically saying $#@! diplomacy because he is my guy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Of course I'm not saying he is anything like our founding fathers, who in the hell would do that?

I am literally saying he is a former Democrat, not a libertarian. I am literally saying he isn't Adolf Hitler, you are right.

I am not saying $#@! diplomacy. Don't put stupid words in my mouth please. A cheese steak sandwich is ok though.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Seriously? Damn, you're easy to pacify AF.
    Yes, I am.

Given the current circumstances, I see no other option but to be.

Trump has taken initiatives to roll back regulations on a massive scale, to de-militarize the Korean peninsula, which will bring troops home, to defund NATO and bring troops home, to remove troops from Germany and bring them home, and to back us out of managed trade deals that hurt the middle class and reduce American independence.

The regulatory state, the empire and a hollowed out economy, I have held for years, are the root causes of the loss of liberty in this country and he is actively working on all three in a positive, if scatterbrained, way.

Things like pardoning the ranchers, is just icing on the cake that tipped me over.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why is it surprising that a guy who constantly decries fake news media and becomes President pardons people who were tried and convicted by the fake news media?

When I said he should pick Ammon Bundy for Sec. of Interior, I wasn't joking..
    Because his rhetoric is being tough on "criminals" and he didn't really have to do this politically. Hope he keeps it up and pardons other non-violent offenders.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

^^^THIS^^^

Even Kavanaugh is better than the judges Hitlery or whoever else the Demoncrats run in 2020 will appoint, I still want him to not be confirmed and replaced with Lee but perfectionism will only lead to failure, Rome wasn't built in a day.
    More my devil is better than your devil $#@!.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

This is great news! What it proves to me is that Trump cares about people enough to look into something and use his Presidential powers to right a wrong.

I only hope that President Trump follows this through and also sees how tyrannical the BLM really is and others who are sitting in jail for going up against the BLM using their first and second amendment rights to defend themselves against this tyrannical agency.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I have no problem deferring to your opinion on Iran as I can't claim to know if the Iran deal was good or bad. At the same time I do have some faith in the competence of Trump. The guy is all about making deals and I think he makes more good ones than bad. Time will tell us for sure if breaking the Iran deal improves our situation. I see his war mongering as a negotiation tactic many times and the change in the NK situation is positive in my opinion. Jimmy Carter certainly was one of our more peaceful presidents, but he wasn't terribly effective overall.
    The Iran deal was definitely a step in the right direction- probably one of the best things that Obama did- so of course, Mr. Golden Ego had to step in and cancel it.

The US has been meddling in Iran for at least 70 years and all for oil- it's time to GTF out of other countries.

And I would take a peaceful president who didn't "accomplish much" any day over these elitist-huge-ego-hypocrites any day. I'm sure RP would be considered "not very effective" if he were president.
    There is no spoon.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The Iran deal was definitely a step in the right direction- probably one of the best things that Obama did- so of course, Mr. Golden Ego had to step in and cancel it.

The US has been meddling in Iran for at least 70 years and all for oil- it's time to GTF out of other countries.

And I would take a peaceful president who didn't "accomplish much" any day over these elitist-huge-ego-hypocrites any day. I'm sure RP would be considered "not very effective" if he were president.
    No doubt the U.S. government has been screwing with Iran for 70 years and it is time to stop.

I also would take a peaceful president who didn't "accomplish much" over all of the other hypocrites any day. I value politicians that don't do much over those that craft tons of legislation that violate our rights. At the same time I value competence over incompetence. I want less laws, not more. I want less incompetent government workers, not more. I want politicians that do very little, but what they do, to do those things well.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can we please stop the Trump hate for one minute and praise him on this issue?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Can we please stop the Trump hate for one minute and praise him on this issue?
    I guess they don't want him to repeat the behavior.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I guess they don't want him to repeat the behavior.
    Nominate a Bush deep stater swamp foot soldier to SCOTUS then immediately pardon a couple of ranchers. Hmmm....no more pardons if no more Bush swampers put into hugely powerful positions? Or Bush swampers and pardons? Is that the choice? I'd probably go with no more swampers but that's just me. ymmv

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Nominate a Bush deep stater swamp foot soldier to SCOTUS then immediately pardon a couple of ranchers. Hmmm....no more pardons if no more Bush swampers put into hugely powerful positions? Or Bush swampers and pardons? Is that the choice? I'd probably go with no more swampers but that's just me. ymmv
    The two aren't connected.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The two aren't connected.
    LOL ok.

The attorney for the Oregon ranching family that had two of its members sent to prison for arson and were pardoned by President Donald Trump says he is considering going to court to get their grazing rights restored.
    Lawyer Morgan Philpot said in a telephone interview Wednesday that his firm is exploring potential civil lawsuits on behalf of the family to make sure they have their rights over land restored to them.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-2-...185807416.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Before this news, I liked Trump for mainly ONE reason... pissing on Leftists, but now I can add this to the list.

Good job, Prez.

Ed and Elaine Brown should be next and Irwin Schiff posthumously in my opinion.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs down All that glitters, is not gold - No swamp drainage has occurred

The Trump plan to avoid draining the swamp. A one time pardon, when an outrage becomes too well known. DON'T solve the underlying problem by fixing the rotten & corrupt system, because that would be draining the swamp.

A snappy press release and some tweets about how wonderful The Donald is, are much better. Save the Swamp!

Plastic fantastic Donald.
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 07-12-2018 at 06:33 AM.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Ed and Elaine Brown should be next and Irwin Schiff posthumously in my opinion.
    YES!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast