Thread: Red Flag: "Oppose a Disease at its Beginning"

Red Flag: "Oppose a Disease at its Beginning"

With the idea of a federal "red flag" law passing gaining support in Washington D.C., we're told that this would only be for the most "dangerous" people. But, from the income tax to the "PATRIOT" Act, what we're told they'll use a new power for always starts small - eventually being used against everyone. John Dickinson, the "Penman of the American Revolution," warned us to "Oppose a disease at its beginning."

''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But the most dangerous people we have in America are in our Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Marenco View Post
    With the idea of a federal "red flag" law passing gaining support in Washington D.C., we're told that this would only be for the most "dangerous" people. But, from the income tax to the "PATRIOT" Act, what we're told they'll use a new power for always starts small - eventually being used against everyone. John Dickinson, the "Penman of the American Revolution," warned us to "Oppose a disease at its beginning."

They lie consistently, and the water just keeps getting hotter. It appears we've already nodded off.
    "The Patriarch"

Cross posting this...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Red flag laws defy logic. Similar to other prohibited persons.

The theory here is that an individual is so dangerous to society, that they must be prevented from legally purchasing weapons. What is wrong with that?

- First of all, if a person is truly that dangerous, why are they out walking the streets at all? Illogical.
    - People and criminals will always be able to get weapons, thus this will not work,
    - A person that is too dangerous could kill people by other means. Guns are simply tools, and their are plenty of tools in the toolbox. Thus, this will not work.
    - Falling through the cracks. This already happens. Prohibited people have bought weapons and committed crimes because the system is by no means perfect.
    - Abuse. Like SWATing, this system can and will be abused. Somebody has a grudge? They can report you. Angry ex? They can report you. And like SWATing, people will die when being raided in the pre-dawn hours. It has already happened.
    - Due process. This system destroys due process. It is unconstitutional.
    - Second Amendment is violated. Unconstitutional.
    - And finally, how much will this illogical and futile system cost? Probably quite a bit.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Marenco View Post

I agree with the sentiment. But erosion of the Second Amendment is not “at it’s beginning”. It is much closer to it’s end.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Because it’s impossible to get the guns from criminals.

It’s much easier to simply turn everyone with a gun into a criminal.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Because it’s impossible to get the guns from criminals.

It’s much easier to simply turn everyone with a gun into a criminal.
    Well,, they already turned me into a weapon..

Since 1980,, when I entered Gladiator School. Add prior military,,and some esoteric knowledge..

I don't really NEED a gun,,
    I would like to carry a visible sidearm as a deterrent,, so I never have to kill a man with my bare hands again.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom