Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Stay home, Ron Paul people!"

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Huh. Looks like I may be voting for Gary Johnson after all.
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

YOu can write in. They may not count it, but you can do it. Up to you though.

It doesn't look like this is going to win, though, so I think you'll be able to 'none of the above'.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Don't believe everything you read.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    YOu can write in. They may not count it, but you can do it. Up to you though.

It doesn't look like this is going to win, though, so I think you'll be able to 'none of the above'.
    None of the above is exactly what I want to say with my vote. Hope it's on the ballot.
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

I'll gladly mark the Obama box if they are going to force my hand.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

If we had a dollar for every time we heard that yelled at us at sign waves/rallies/conventions etc....Well, make that, a silver dollar.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Ron Paul supporters staying home = Obama wins anyways... It is a lose-lose situation for Romney.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Every one knows the government is illegitimate. They just don't want the voters expressing it. Not only that but apparently people are only disenfranchised because of that option on the ballet.

I swear more and more im living in a dream world.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Every vote AGAINST Romney and Obama is a vote FOR Liberty! Even not voting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Every vote AGAINST Romney and Obama is a vote FOR Liberty! Even not voting at all.
    True, not voting at all can be a vote for liberty, but its so much more funny when you vote 3rd party.

Whats more of an embarrassment? Low voter turn out, or having all the 3rd party candidates at up to like 25% of the votes cast???

Would make for a smashing media black out to watch.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Too bad Mitt Romney is not a republican. Is he in the party? Yes. Is he a republican? No.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Always vote.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No, it isn't. If you stay home, and don't vote, your opinion counts only for yourself, by yourself. No pollster, ballot reader, or false-flag "technician" who reads the real diebold tally is going to know you abstained. I understand the argument, and I've listened to Lew Rockwell make it quite eloquently. The real fact is, get out and vote.

Remember, it's only the popular vote. It doesn't elect the president (the electorate does). But whether you write in Paul, vote Johnson, or vote Obama (4 years and a contested primary instead of possibility for 8 years without another liberty candidate), please, just do it. Think of it this way, when the person counting (read: discarding) the write-in Ron Paul ballots is struggling to feed themselves after global economic collapse, maybe they might think.. what if I had done different?

A vote for liberty is just that. It's your vote, and that measly slip of paper often ignored, miscounted, and discounted is what you have to give.

Beyond that, get involved. As one more reason to vote, nothing says "unelectable" like someone running for local office who gets asked "so who did you vote for?" and answers "I didn't".

In liberty.

I will just vote for Obama. Pretty much because he can only have 4 more years and Romney could have 8. Plus I love pissing people in my family off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikkle View Post
    No, it isn't. If you stay home, and don't vote, your opinion counts only for yourself, by yourself. No pollster, ballot reader, or false-flag "technician" who reads the real diebold tally is going to know you abstained. I understand the argument, and I've listened to Lew Rockwell make it quite eloquently. The real fact is, get out and vote.

Remember, it's only the popular vote. It doesn't elect the president (the electorate does). But whether you write in Paul, vote Johnson, or vote Obama (4 years and a contested primary instead of possibility for 8 years without another liberty candidate), please, just do it. Think of it this way, when the person counting (read: discarding) the write-in Ron Paul ballots is struggling to feed themselves after global economic collapse, maybe they might think.. what if I had done different?

A vote for liberty is just that. It's your vote, and that measly slip of paper often ignored, miscounted, and discounted is what you have to give.

Beyond that, get involved. As one more reason to vote, nothing says "unelectable" like someone running for local office who gets asked "so who did you vote for?" and answers "I didn't".

In liberty.
    I agree. Always vote.

Here's three more reasons:

1) It engages you in politics, so you can have reasonable "water cooler" or facebook discussions with "normal" people, and hopefully spread some wisdom.

2) Being a registered voter is how you get on juries. If you can get on a jury and spread some wisdom, you might just save someone's life.

and 3) Even though you have "secret ballots" - There is still a semi-public record of whether or not you voted. And some people will hold it against you if you're not a voter.

AND DON'T FORGET TO LOOK INTO LOCAL LIBERTY CANDIDATES! Go meet the Republicans (and Democrats) to gauge their sincerity. Meet the Libertarians to make sure they are sane. Give time and money to those who are good enough and are running real races, even if they aren't in your locality.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

Write in Ron! We said NOBP and now it's bull$#@! we're even reconsidering.

If you can't write him in, then fine, stay home. But don't waste your vote on any of the other 3 guys...
    It's just an opinion... man...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikkle View Post

In liberty.
    Oh, I've already made my commitment. It's in my sig. As far as results? It DOES NOT $#@!ing matter. Period. The establishment wins. Period. Your vote against the machine. Irrelevant.
    Whatever you need to believe to justify your belief that you can change that machine then props.

Think of it this way, when the person counting (read: discarding) the write-in Ron Paul ballots is struggling to feed themselves after global economic collapse, maybe they might think.. what if I had done different?

Voting "none of the above" feels like saying, "Eh, I'm fine with whoever you give me" more than what you think it does.

The way I see it, if you're left-wing, vote for Jill Stein. If you're libertarian, vote for Gary Johnson. If you're right-wing, vote for Virgil Goode, etc.

Voting Republican or Democrat only justifies the two party system we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    Write in Ron! We said NOBP and now it's bull$#@! we're even reconsidering.

If you can't write him in, then fine, stay home. But don't waste your vote on any of the other 3 guys...
    I think that some of the people that have said it here have said it mostly symbolically, but not quite as literally as you're taking it.

Hell, I doubt Ron Paul even believes in this "No One But Paul" stuff. I'll be justified there when/if he endorses someone.
    Last edited by Respect38; 06-12-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Respect38 View Post
    Voting "none of the above" feels like saying, "Eh, I'm fine with whoever you give me" more than what you think it does.

The way I see it, if you're left-wing, vote for Jill Stein. If you're libertarian, vote for Gary Johnson. If you're right-wing, vote for Virgil Goode, etc.

I think that some of the people that have said it here have said it mostly symbolically, but not quite as literally as you're taking it.

Hell, I doubt Ron Paul even believes in this "No One But Paul" stuff. I'll be justified there when/if he endorses someone.
    If people want to vote for Ron Paul voting for Johnson says Johnson will do. Goode the same. If they won't, and you want Ron or someone like Ron, voting for someone else doesn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    Every one knows the government is illegitimate.
    Those bastards!
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

My crazy whistling YouTube channel
    My crazy whistling music on iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    I'll gladly mark the Obama box if they are going to force my hand.
    lol
    In the 2008 primary, Ron Paul received over 1.2 million votes. If each of those people convert only 5 others to vote for Ron, we can win the nomination.

The DHS now all of the sudden has access and can spy on everything you're during on Facebook & Twitter? No way!

Signed,
    Americans who didn't know about the Nazi concentrations camps till 1945.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Oh I'll show up. Even if I leave the Presidential choice blank, I will be voting.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlinDave View Post
    Those bastards!
    I see what you did there...
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    Ron Paul supporters staying home = Obama wins anyways... It is a lose-lose situation for Romney.
    Absolutely not true. There aren't enough hardcore Paul supporters.

Also, Romney is looking good as of today and would win easily. Union members are leaving Obama as well as blacks, women and Jews. That is the Democrat base. Heck, Romney has pulled ahead of Obama in Michigan. That is very telling.

Plus Obama has nothing going for him. The economic indicators all suck and aren't getting better in the next 5 months.

Seriously, some need to get off their high horse thinking Romney will lose without us. All the polling data and basic math says otherwise. And no, I'm not supporting or voting for Romney. No way in hell would I sell out - won't mention any names.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Absolutely not true. There aren't enough hardcore Paul supporters.

Also, Romney is looking good as of today and would win easily. Union members are leaving Obama as well as blacks, women and Jews. That is the Democrat base. Heck, Romney has pulled ahead of Obama in Michigan. That is very telling.

Plus Obama has nothing going for him. The economic indicators all suck and aren't getting better in the next 5 months.

Seriously, some need to get off their high horse thinking Romney will lose without us. All the polling data and basic math says otherwise. And no, I'm not supporting or voting for Romney. No way in hell would I sell out - won't mention any names.
    Actually, you are dead wrong. Polling shows Romney and Obama are neck and neck and shifting the lead, and the 10 to 14% who poll 'undecided' with that choice don't like either of them, and DO like Ron Paul. I think it was CNN that did a compilation of their undecideds over multiple polls to get a sufficient sample and tried to figure out 'who we are'.

Ya, Romney is the fall guy. The establishment is satisfied with the status quo. As the establishment thugs might say; "Why fix what ain't broken". Obama has given them more than they could have hoped for. Why shift gears when there is no need?
    Last edited by Constitutional Paulicy; 06-13-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

As a natural born American Citizen, I'll stay home, once I have a country worthy of calling home(and not just in 'comparison').

1. You can write in if you want.
    2. You can absatin from voting for president if you want. I doubt anyone who has already commited to not voting for Romney is going to change their mind because they can't find a vote for no one box.

Gary Johnson FTW! Seriously, it matters not whether GJ is "perfect" or not. What matters is having anti Obamney votes counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Respect38 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeLiberty View Post
    Huh. Looks like I may be voting for Gary Johnson after all.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I'm voting for Obama.

A lot of people here are delusional or just in denial.

Keeping Obama in office allows us to stay focused on the real issues and keep the enemy in our sights.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast