Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ron Paul livestream stroke?

Thank God he's okay. Dr. Paul, though this message has little chance of reaching you: Thank you for everything you've done, for everyone--and for myself, personally. Hope springs eternal, but its hands like yours that fill our cups.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'm guessing its gonna be a while until we hear from him again.
    If it was simply a TIA, he'll be able to do the show tomorrow. If there was damage that effects his speech, maybe not.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

These people are pure scum.

You could see the concern on Chris Rossini's face.

I feel bad for him, I would freaked the $#@! out as well.

I would have lost my $#@!.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post

It's not like we can't expect some Dems to cheer Ron's ailment right after some Republicans broke out into fits of ecstacy after the RBG announcement. Both sides continually feed each other's most base instincts.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It's not like we can't expect some Dems to cheer Ron's ailment right after some Republicans broke out into fits of ecstacy after the RBG announcement. Both sides continually feed each other's most base instincts.

The "fruits" of partisan politics. It quite lierally breeds, it guarantees that kind of thing. But be sure to vote HARD in November.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Just found out about Dr. Paul's medical emergency. My thoughts and prayers are with him tonight. I watched my Mother mini stroke several times, as I sat with her in her hospital room. Each time I called the nurse, but by the time the nurse got there, she was back to normal. I left that night with a uneasy feeling. unfortunately She suffered a permanently debilitating stroke the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The "fruits" of partisan politics. It quite lierally breeds, it guarantees that kind of thing. But be sure to vote HARD in November.
    Yes, the woman responsible for millions of deaths of innocent babies and countless other tyrannies and Ron Paul are equivalent.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes, the woman responsible for millions of deaths of innocent babies and countless other tyrannies and Ron Paul are equivalent.

Nobody made any such claim of equivalence in character, just pointed to a similarity in the situations. But then, you've never let truth or reality hinder your efforts to spread division and hate before, so ...
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Nobody made any such claim of equivalence in character, just pointed to a similarity in the situations. But then, you've never let truth or reality hinder your efforts to spread division and hate before, so ...
    The difference in character is a very important part of the difference in the situations, Ron makes the world a better place and his passing would be a great tragedy, RGB made it a far more evil place and her passing is a cause for celebration. Anyone who loves liberty and has a respect for human life should celebrate RBG's death and it shows that they are good that they do, only human scum would celebrate the potential death of Ron and it shows what they are when they do. Some things in life really are black and white and trying to pretend they are not is a disservice to Ron in this case, it does you no credit to adopt an attitude of neutrality between good and evil.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 09-27-2020 at 08:49 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Wow, just now saw this... wish him a full & speedy recovery.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I'm glad Ron's fine.

At one time, I would have walked over broken, burning glass for Ron Paul.

Now, I still would, but no one's asking me to do so,

...no one seems to have any idea as to what libertarians ought to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Part of my duties included chief medical officer and I have training and certification as such, and, without being gruesome, I learned a valuable lesson about what stroke and TIA looks like, as it occurs.

Both laymen and trained medics alike can benefit from "real time" observations of serious medical conditions as they set in, and I would guess Ron would agree, even being the suffering patient int this case.

If you have somebody you care for that depends on you and is at risk for stroke, it might serve you well to watch, as immediate treatment can often mean life or death.
    I watched it for essentially the same reasons. I can't say I've ever witnessed the onset of a stroke because usually by the time they get to us we have only family reports of what happened and what we can visually observe in the ER. I was shocked at how fast the slurring set in, mid-sentence even.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Anyone been in touch with Carol?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post

They aren't just pure scum. They are also sick and disgusting.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I would point out the obvious here in its well-behooved reiteration: nodody lasts forever.

While I share in the concern for Ron Paul's welfare, I would remind everyone of the temptation of becoming dependent on icons - living ones like Dr. Paul - for "leadership". My notion of leadership is very different from that of most people. I believe in the individual responsibility to be a leader, first and foremost of himself, but also of others when circumstance calls for it.

Consider the recent death of Ginsberg and the reaction of the progressives, what with their petty dramatic wailing and much gnashing of teeth as they fall over each other and themselves to show the world how devastated they are. They think it is some show of virtue when in truth and in the best case they are making wholesale embarrassments of themselves. In the case closer to the mean, they are showing the world what blindly flailing, grasping, hapless and feckless toddlers they truly are. Seriously, who in their right mind is going to look to people such as those for "leadership"? Would any sane man place reins of power into such hands? No.

Don't look to him or anyone else for leadership - look to yourselves. Learning from others like Dr. Paul is one thing - a valid thing, but when one DOES nothing with that which he has learned, he dishonors himself, as well as his mentors. He does himself and those around him great disservice by not putting into full practice that which is right and proper in terms of proper human relations, which is the correct basis of all politics, yet which is the least exercised mode of behavior. Corruption takes many forms and infects virtually every man.

When men turn their backs to the responsibilities they carry to themselves as free beings, as well as those to others, most often surrendering that freedom to the false authority of third parties in whom they have foolishly misplaced their trust, great evil flourishes. It is only when the critical mass of men are sufficiently educated and morally sound that proper human relations and the freedom is engenders can so much as survive in practice.

Be the leader you want.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I'm guessing its gonna be a while until we hear from him again.
    How long is "a while"?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    How long is "a while"?

2 hours.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I agree. With all respect to Dr Paul - the clip actually has educational value. The incident comes on so suddenly and is only a few seconds long so, it is relatively bearable to watch. For me (and maybe this is selfish), it relieved some of the anxiety that it was something much worse and I felt confident that he would receive immediate treatment. Being able to recognize these symptoms for what they are, could actually save lives, since getting immediate treatment - especially within the first hour, I believe - makes a HUGE difference in how well the patient recovers; i.e. no signs of damage vs paralysis or partial paralysis, or worse.
    I get Sword's point, and was not keen to watch myself, but yes, this.

+rep
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I would point out the obvious here in its well-behooved reiteration: nodody lasts forever.

While I share in the concern for Ron Paul's welfare, I would remind everyone of the temptation of becoming dependent on icons - living ones like Dr. Paul - for "leadership". My notion of leadership is very different from that of most people. I believe in the individual responsibility to be a leader, first and foremost of himself, but also of others when circumstance calls for it.

Consider the recent death of Ginsberg and the reaction of the progressives, what with their petty dramatic wailing and much gnashing of teeth as they fall over each other and themselves to show the world how devastated they are. They think it is some show of virtue when in truth and in the best case they are making wholesale embarrassments of themselves. In the case closer to the mean, they are showing the world what blindly flailing, grasping, hapless and feckless toddlers they truly are. Seriously, who in their right mind is going to look to people such as those for "leadership"? Would any sane man place reins of power into such hands? No.

Don't look to him or anyone else for leadership - look to yourselves. Learning from others like Dr. Paul is one thing - a valid thing, but when one DOES nothing with that which he has learned, he dishonors himself, as well as his mentors. He does himself and those around him great disservice by not putting into full practice that which is right and proper in terms of proper human relations, which is the correct basis of all politics, yet which is the least exercised mode of behavior. Corruption takes many forms and infects virtually every man.

When men turn their backs to the responsibilities they carry to themselves as free beings, as well as those to others, most often surrendering that freedom to the false authority of third parties in whom they have foolishly misplaced their trust, great evil flourishes. It is only when the critical mass of men are sufficiently educated and morally sound that proper human relations and the freedom is engenders can so much as survive in practice.

Be the leader you want.
    I never regarded Ron as a "leader".

A "coalescer" perhaps, a well regarded teacher and spokesman.

And the Marxists weeping over Ginsburgonly did that because of lost power.

Not because of lost humanity.

Those goblins have no humanity themselves, therefore cannot weep over it being lost.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-28-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I never regarded Ron as a "leader".
    Look around you. I see people who idolize him. It's the convenient way to squirm away from one's own responsibility. This is what mean humanity has done since we started writing down our $#@!.

And the Marxists weeping over Ginsburg only did that because of lost power.
    The smarter ones, yes. The vast corpus of useful idiots, however, do not see things in such strategic terms, but only in those of their morbidly swollen emotions, the main one IMO being the need to feel important. What better way than to attract attention to yourself by wailing and grinding your teeth down by 50%. It's like the idiot Muslims who whip themselves to bleeding in their infantile displays of public penance. Filipinos who cut their heads open with razors and bleed all over creation during one of their Catholic holidays is of an even character as they make public spectacles of themselves, thinking they are suffering like Jesus or whatever other morbid notion they carry, all the while accomplishing nothing of value in their struggle for self-importance.

Humans, with their endless need for low-rent, obscene drama, demote themselves to despicability.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Honestly I wasn't expecting Ron to be back so soon. You can't even tell that anything happened to him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Honestly I wasn't expecting Ron to be back so soon. You can't even tell that anything happened to him.
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Hearing about Ron's incident reminded me of my grandfather who had a stroke before I was born. He was never able to walk on his own again.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 09-30-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Calvin Coolidge

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345