Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A thread of thanks!

A thread of thanks!

I just wanted to thank the members of this forum. Despite the recent banning's that I disagree with, Josh has done us a great service by setting up this site. It has done its job for the cause. It has been a beacon for those wanting to learn and kept the fire under our feet. From those that needed homework help to the ways of becoming a delegate, from case law to gardening. And I hope it is here years from now. Some go and some stay. It is the latter that really matter. I have been here since its inception and a member since '08. Despite some poisonous characters that have tried to derail liberty; we have the best core of patriots ever assembled in modern times. The collective IQ of people here astounds me. Yes we have our faults but, damn. For the most part we have been free to post IDEAS to get us back to what the founders envisioned. Some keep us informed on what goes on behind our backs, things the MSM willfully neglect. I don't need to name names, we know who you all are, that are diligent and take liberty serious. And to those that throw conventional arguments up, it just strengthens our resolve. Nothing wrong with a good troll now and then. Keeps us on our toes. Then there are those that like to hang "off topic" those threads offer needed relief. Many of us have busted our asses for RP and we are tired, weary and damn right exhausted and at times have broken spirits with little hope for our fellow man. Fighting against the system is hard and it is nice to come here not only to share ideas but to take a break as well. I for one love the humor of some members. I know the forum rules but, the recent crackdown has me concerned. Liberty takes all types. Maybe I am not here enough but, I don't see much across the board hatred, just some personal attacks that are thrown out in the heat of the moment. There was lots of that going on when the founders were debating. I thought we were thicker skinned than that. That said. Thanks RPF.
    Being PC is not going to keep members here. Arm chair patriots are not our friend. Tough, thick skinned patriots are what we need. I respect Josh's ownership. I just hope it does not go overboard. Again thanks to all of the active members. ALL of them!

PS Mods, I am posting here for all to see. If you want to move it be my guest.
    Last edited by SL89; 04-08-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    “The state can't give you freedom, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free.” ~ Utah Phillips

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Welcome back!

I'm buying the next round.

Shots for the house.

Welcome back
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Shots for the house.
    But drinks- not gun shots I hope!

It is, and has always been a nice place. Glad to be amongst.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Indeed, thanks to all! This place is a store for a wealth of liberty loving information.
    Last edited by Travlyr; 04-06-2012 at 06:46 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump, Not for my post per se. But, to the future of this forum.
    “The state can't give you freedom, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free.” ~ Utah Phillips

weird, when i first saw this thread i could have swore it said tanks. I was expecting to see some badass military tanks
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    weird, when i first saw this thread i could have swore it said tanks. I was expecting to see some badass military tanks
    http://night-watch-tanaris.guildlaun...b82d780dc18160
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

This is a great forum, no doubt!

Salute!

*AF, may I have another?"
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I'm new here, but I want to say thanks to all of you for this forum. I haven't posted much, but this place is my guilty pleasure. Guilty because I usually should be working, but instead I'm reading the countless amazing threads on economics, current events and freedom.

When I get back to the states anyone in the NYC area can count on me buying them a drink hehe ))

And continuing in that vein,

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Typical boys...

haha, thanks Peter.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolayaRadchenkova View Post
    Typical boys...

Tanks a lot.

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

A pink ski????? I don't get it.

I'm sure you boys are admiring the tank in that picture

Quote Originally Posted by NikolayaRadchenkova View Post
    I'm sure you boys are admiring the tank in that picture
    of course! cross my heart and hope to die.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by SL89 View Post
    A pink ski????? I don't get it.
    The tank says ski-(something). An advert for some ski service. Certainly gets me thinking about skis.

Kudos to the Constitutionally grounded !!!
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

I was expecting to see some badass military tanks
    With cops riding on them and their guns pointed at a dog in someone's yard.

I would like to read comments on where this website is going. Seems to be more militant in its policing lately. Despite being an awesome place for all topics, it seems to me some of us have lost focus. Instead of the high road it seems to have taken on the PC route. As per my original post.... to many thin skinned people that can't take a personal attack are censoring the rest of us, the ones with thick skins. I would like to know why. Liberty is fraught with differing ideas. Maybe the cry babies need to be banned....after all they will be the first to succumb to state solutions. Call me what you will. If I say something to piss someone off, have at me. I didn't come here for protection from the PC class of folks. It bears no relevance to me...I spend most of my time busting my ass for RP and the liberty movement. The haters can not, take my birthday away nor do they sign my paycheck, nor do they feed me. It matters not what they think of me, only what they can contribute to liberty. With that, I will support this forum as long as I am able. And support my brothers and sisters in liberty.

For example. I guarantee that I could call Peter or Randy or AF and dozens of others, any name in the book, I could attack their belief system with total contempt..and they would counter by calling me a dumb ass and back it with facts...or at least info showing where I am wrong. I fail to see where so called RP supporters are so weak minded that they need help from a Mod. Been a while since I have seen a Mod teach instead of ban. If I get banned so be it. We have bigger fish to fry.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    The tank says ski-(something). An advert for some ski service. Certainly gets me thinking about skis.
    Got it. Took my old ass a few. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to heavenlyboy34 again.

I would like to read comments on where this website is going. Seems to be more militant in its policing lately. Despite being an awesome place for all topics, it seems to me some of us have lost focus. Instead of the high road it seems to have taken on the PC route. As per my original post.... to many thin skinned people that can't take a personal attack are censoring the rest of us, the ones with thick skins. I would like to know why. Liberty is fraught with differing ideas. Maybe the cry babies need to be banned....after all they will be the first to succumb to state solutions. Call me what you will. If I say something to piss someone off, have at me. I didn't come here for protection from the PC class of folks. It bears no relevance to me...I spend most of my time busting my ass for RP and the liberty movement. The haters can not, take my birthday away nor do they sign my paycheck, nor do they feed me. It matters not what they think of me, only what they can contribute to liberty. With that, I will support this forum as long as I am able. And support my brothers and sisters in liberty.

For example. I guarantee that I could call Peter or Randy or AF and dozens of others, any name in the book, I could attack their belief system with total contempt..and they would counter by calling me a dumb ass and back it with facts...or at least info showing where I am wrong. I fail to see where so called RP supporters are so weak minded that they need help from a Mod. Been a while since I have seen a Mod teach instead of ban. If I get banned so be it. We have bigger fish to fry.
    I completely agree. I also understand the owner(s) of the site can do whatever they want, so I'm not going to complain about how they run it. You would think this would be the last board to get trigger happy banning people though.

The bans are usually for violations of forum rules. I do know of quite a few unjust bannings, though.

I've gotten a few warnings about what I have written, and also been advised that some have complained, and it isn't that hard to figure out who does the complaining, when they also give you some negative REP in the process, and ... IMO the primary reason was because of an attack upon a belief system.

Personally,
    I see a lot of stuff that on just about any other forum would cause people to be suspended/banned ... This place seems pretty light in the penality department, and for that I am glad, because all of us (impression) are adults ... The forums that tolerate nothing often understand that children read/participate at those forums.

So,
    Is it becoming "militant" or is it (the forum) becoming more aware of how an outsider might percieve what occurs here, and thus protecting the basic idea of supporting RP, and the discussions that surround the principles we all value ?

I'm of the opinion that anything/everything that happens has a purpose, and I don't think it has anything to do with becoming "militant", but perhaps protective ... I'd guess that more people come here to read than post, and many of them are visitors who may never join, but only they know why they don't join.

ETA:
    And YEA, the bans I have seen at other forums are almost always because the individual didn't abide by the forum rules.
    Last edited by azxd; 04-06-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    So,
    Is it becoming "militant" or is it (the forum) becoming more aware of how an outsider might percieve what occurs here, and thus protecting the basic idea of supporting RP, and the discussions that surround the principles we all value ?
    This should be a place to educate outsiders in the various aspects of Liberty.
    Often there is just a communication problem,, but information is given,,freely.

And a lot of folks walked different paths to this crossroad.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    This should be a place to educate outsiders in the various aspects of Liberty.
    Often there is just a communication problem,, but information is given,,freely.

And a lot of folks walked different paths to this crossroad.
    That seems kind of obvious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast