Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Alfie Evans and Family Lose Last-ditch Appeal to Save Child From Certain Death

Baby Alfie Evans and Family Lose Last-ditch Appeal to Save Child From Certain Death

This is so wrong.

Wednesday, 25 April 2018
    Alfie Evans and Family Lose Last-ditch Appeal to Save Child From Certain Death
    Written by Raven Clabough

The world waited with bated breath as a British Appeals Court handed down a decision that determined the fate of 23-month-old Alfie Evans, who has been held as a virtual prisoner by the Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool, England. Sadly, the court of appeals has rejected the parents’ request to allow Alfie to be transported to an Italian hospital for alternative treatment, virtually sentencing the toddler to death.

Justice Andrew McFarlane stuck to his tired diatribe that “the only determining factor is the best interests" of the toddler, claiming, “What rights others have, particularly the parents, falls into a subsidiary category” — so, in his opinion, death is in Alfie's best interests, not treatment.

Alfie has been in and out of medical care since December of 2016 after he developed a chest infection that caused seizures. The child is said to have been struck by a mysterious degenerative neurological illness believed to be the same mitochondrial condition that Charlie Gard had, and doctors claim he is in a “semi-vegetative state.” Videos of the child, however, show a baby who is alert, blinking, responsive, and receptive to his parents’ love and affection. Some videos even capture what appears to be responses to stimuli that doctors have attempted to explain away as mere reflexes. Alder Hey’s legal team has even acknowledged that Alfie appears to be a “happy and healthy child,” and said that was a “tragedy for the parents,” implying that the parents were being misled.

Doctors and judges have said it is in Alfie’s best interest to stop mechanical ventilation and to set Alfie on an end-of-life plan that involves depriving him of oxygen, food, and water so that Alfie could die “with dignity,” seemingly dismissive of the excruciatingly painful death resulting from starvation and dehydration.

On April 23, Alfie’s ventilator was removed, but the child survived for nearly 48 hours without the help of the ventilator. Meanwhile, appeals by Alfie’s parents to remove the baby from the hospital and transport him to the Vatican-owned Bambino Gesu’ Hospital in Rome have been rejected numerous times, including on April 24, when Justice Anthony Hayden announced that his ruling “represents the final chapter in the life of this extraordinary little boy.”

But Alfie’s parents continued to fight and were granted a reprieve when they learned that they would have yet another opportunity to appeal the ruling on Wednesday. At 1 a.m. on Wednesday morning, the child was finally provided nourishment after 23 hours without food.

“It’s disgusting how he’s being treated. Not even an animal would be treated this way,” the toddler’s father said.

At some point in the middle of the night on April 25, Alfie’s parents sent a request through social media begging for someone to bring a resuscitation mask to the hospital. LifeSite News reports that sources close to the situation said Alfie’s lips had turned blue and he was developing a chest infection. Hospital employees allegedly refused to hand over resuscitation masks to be used on the baby, and individuals who attempted to bring masks to the hospital following the social-media plea had the masks taken by police. It has truly been a police state at Alder Hey hospital.

The Christian Legal Centre, which represents Alfie's parents, noted the efforts that the Italian embassy has made to save the child: "The Italian ambassador has urgently contacted the court with a request for the Italian government to be allowed to intervene in the case and seek the return of their citizen Alfie Evans to Italy."

Alfie was granted Italian citizenship by the Italian government to allow for an immediate transfer to the Italian hospital, which has been waiting on standby to treat Alfie immediately upon his arrival. For days, an air ambulance has waited outside of Alder Hey Hospital ready to take Alfie to Italy for treatment. The aircraft is loaded with top level surgeons, and the parents have been offered accommodations upon arriving in Italy. Sadly, armed guards have surrounded Alfie’s room to prohibit his parents from removing him from the hospital.

Just before Alfie was removed from the ventilator, the Italian Embassy in London warned, “If you remove the ventilator from Alfie Evans, we will file a complaint against you for the murder of an Italian citizen.”

The National Health Service would not incur any additional costs related to Alfie’s care if he was transported to Italy, and yet the doctors and judges have refused to allow the parents to pursue an alternative treatment option that could potentially prolong the child’s life and even restore some of his quality of life.

Alfie and his family have been supported by Christian charities and a band of supporters known as “Alfie’s Army,”who have protested regularly outside of the hospital. According to ABC News, they’ve even attempted to block roads and storm the door of the hospital on Monday before being pushed back by police.

The president of Poland has also weighed in, stating that Alfie “must be saved.” He tweeted, “His brave little body has proved again that the miracle of life can be stronger than death. Perhaps all that's needed is some good will on the part of decision makers. Alfie, we pray for you and your recovery!”

Just before the court of appeals issued its ruling, two people believed to be members of the German air ambulance crew were asked to leave Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, the Daily Mirror reports.

Meanwhile, the reputation of Alder Hey Children’s Hospital has been called into question about other cases, as well. The hospital has a history of recent accidental deaths.

Just last year, officials at the hospital issued an apology for giving a 15-year-old leukemia patient the wrong medication, which resulted in her death in 2013, the Liverpool Echo reports. In 2010, an accident during surgery on a three-year-old resulted in her untimely death. Eleven-year-old Joshua Molyneux died last year after going to Alder Hey hospital for a routine hip operation, as a result of a series of errors, the Liverpool Coroner’s Court was told. In 2013, “a catalogue of hospital errors and missed opportunities” were blamed for the death of a newborn baby who was admitted to Alder Hey for a routine surgery, the U.K.’s Bally and Moyle Money Times reports.

Alfie’s parents are now hoping that they may at least take their child home, where he may pass away in peaceful privacy. However, one of the hospital doctors said it could take three to five days to move him home, and that “hostility” to doctors could make it impossible, as there is a “genuine fear” among medics, the Daily Mail reports. Whether this innocent child will make it that long is uncertain.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The article above is about their last, and looks like final, judgement today.

Coming soon to the US if we aren't paying close enough attention.
    There is no spoon.

Justice Anthony Paul Hayden makes a complete ass out of himself.

Justice Hayden told the lawyer - "I don't need to be reminded we have a human being. You do not have the moral high ground in this court. It is treacherous terrain."

To Justice Hayden it is "treachery" to stress a central and important fact - that Alfie is a living human being entitled to individual rights. - WOW!
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-26-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

Justice Hayden told the lawyer - "I don't need to be reminded we have a human being. You do not have the moral high ground in this court. It is treacherous terrain."

To Justice Hayden it is "treachery" to stress a central and important fact - that Alfie is a living human being entitled to individual rights. - WOW!
    Exactly- and the plot gets thicker:

And now, a blogger’s chilling theory…

This evening, a reader sent the following text to me, which comes from the website “Alfie’sArmyOfficial,” the Facebook page of Alfie’s supporters.

I cannot confirm or deny the allegation it makes. But since we are now at “one minute before midnight,” we are in an emergency situation which seems to require some action from some new actor, and the allegation made, if even partially true, may spark such action. It is in this hope that I post the following:

“The reason the Government and hospital want this child to die is that if he reaches his second birthday, then he is entitled to compensation for his vaccine injury. Not only will this cost money, but it will make the reality of vaccine injury very, very public. The pharmaceutical/medical mafia is behind this case for sure. Why do you think the hospital won’t let him transfer to another country? Why do you think they care so much? There is a big reason. Wake up and smell the agenda.”

Alfie was born on May 9, 2016. If he lives, he will turn 2 years old on May 9, 2018. That is 14 days away.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/politica...illing-a-baby/

Looked up mitochondrial dysfunction and found this:

Regression in children with mitochondrial dysfunction and ASD
    Twelve studies reported a regression in developmental milestones in ASD children who had MD or abnormal biochemical markers of mitochondrial function.23, 25, 49, 85, 132, 137, 139, 140, 141, 142, 147, 148, 149 In these studies, regression was noted in several areas, including language, motor skills, eye contact, play skills, social interaction and receptive skills. In one case series of 25 children with ASD/MD, unusual patterns of regression, such as multiple regressions (9 children), regression with catabolic stress (7 children) and regression after age 3 (6 children) were noted.25 In some studies, factors associated with regression included illnesses25, 140, 142 and fever.49, 142 For example, in one case series of 28 children with ASD/MD, regression was reported in 17 children (61%), with a majority (12/17, 71%) experiencing regression with a fever >101°F, including 4 of 12 (33%) who developed regression with fever following routine vaccination.49 Regression after routine vaccination was also reported in another child who developed ASD/MD after a post-vaccination fever.25, 85
    https://www.nature.com/articles/mp2010136#discussion
    There is no spoon.

He's still alive, many hours three days after being removed from the ventilator! He's breathing on his own!

However, get this:

The hospital is refusing to feed him.

Refusing to feed him.

He's been without food for over 24 hours now.

Still alive.
    Last edited by H_H; 04-26-2018 at 09:58 AM.

This is an outrage and this is why socialized medicine is wrong!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Alder Hey hospital chairman David Henshaw and chief executive Louise Shepherd said staff had been subjected to a "barrage of highly abusive and threatening language and behavior."

"We have endured attacks upon our motivation, our professionalism and our ethics. It has been a very difficult time," they said in a statement. "Having to carry on our usual day-to-day work in a hospital that has required a significant police presence just to keep our patients, staff and visitors safe is completely unacceptable."

Aww yeah. Bring on the abuse. Italo-Anglo War Now!

And ethics. Ethics.

"I remember way back when I was a young buck in college. Classmates were applying to medical school and were freaking out about the ethics interview, even though their grades were great and they had all sorts of volunteer work under their belt. What is an ethics interview? It is an interview where a doctor at the medical school asks you what you will do in situations with no good answer.

"A woman comes to you bent on having an illegal medical procedure. You know she will die if she gets one in the street, but it is illegal for you to perform one. Do you deny her the treatment you could perform, knowing she will get one in somebody’s apartment and die? Or do you do one on the sly, so she will get quality care and survive. I though it strange, since I naively assumed the objective was to simply find smart people who worked hard and as a result would offer correct answers to diagnose and treat diseases. But even in a discipline which seemed solely intellectual, they were probing for how much of an independent thinker you were, and how submissive to authority you would be.

"Looking back, I wonder now if the implementation of such a subjective metric for medical school admission, revolving around submission to authority, was to allow the ranks of that profession to be culled for those who would willingly be part of the machine, or was it an honest attempt to locate ethical doctors?

"These days, I am suspicious of everything."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh but American has the worst healthcare in the world. /sarcasm
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

While the UK people (and the world) sit with bated breath over what name William and Kate will name their baby. SMDH.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This is an outrage and this is why socialized medicine is wrong!
    It's worse than even socialized medicine- it's about the gov owning your child.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    It is the incrementalization towards Medical Tyranny. This is what people need to be paying attention about. It is here in our country as well, it's not as blatant as the UK, but it is here.

It is the incrementalization towards Medical Tyranny. This is what people need to be paying attention about. It is here in our country as well, it's not as blatant as the UK, but it is here.
    It's definitely here- that's why the marriage license needs to be obliterated. It legally makes the gov the 3rd member in the marriage.
    There is no spoon.

It's definitely here- that's why the marriage license needs to be obliterated. It legally makes the gov the 3rd member in the marriage.
    Agreed.

Despite what some people say about Romans 13-- God does not consent nor ordain this type control in governments.

Well, my opinion of Italy just went up substantially.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Well, my opinion of Italy just went up substantially.
    Indeed- mine as well.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly. People always try and argue that voluntaryism, anarchy, or even libertarianism would lead to warlords and barbarians ruling the country. But $#@!ing look at this! This is what the State gives you- unending slavery and the literal and purposeful murdering of children based solely on their economic and/or genetic worth ("Alfie's genes mean he'll have a bad life so we had just better starve him to death now!") Anything would be better than this $#@!. Just God damn it all to Hell, every single child murdering son of a bitch.
    Last edited by PierzStyx; 04-26-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Agreed.

Despite what some people say about Romans 13-- God does not consent nor ordain this type control in governments.
    The concept of government is ordained of God. But not every type of government is of God.

I try to renounce violence. But damn it to Hell. If that were my son I would riot. I would lead a mob into that hospital, take my son, and take him to the Italian helicopter. Or I would die trying. Even as a distant third person my rage at something like this is barely containable.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Exactly. People always try and argue that voluntaryism, anarchy, or even libertarianism would lead to warlords and barbarians ruling the country. But $#@!ing look at this! This is what the State gives you- unending slavery and the literal and purposeful murdering of children based solely on their economic and/or genetic worth ("Alfie's genes mean he'll have a bad life so we had just better starve him to death now!") Anything would be better than this $#@!. Just God damn it all to Hell, every single child murdering son of a bitch.
    LOL you're almost there. I've been saying exactly that for years... I don't hold the positions I do because I believe they're objectively good. I hold them because I don't believe it would be worse.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

The F**CK&ng British! No wonder America revolted.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Yes, diseases which are not economically viable for the state to treat will not be treated. This is how they will cull the heard. Get use to it. Reminds me of the movie "Logan's Run".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan's_Run_(film)

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Can the Italian government grant them citizenship and transfer them? Just spitballin here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Can the Italian government grant them citizenship and transfer them? Just spitballin here.
    They offered.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They did grant the child citizenship and the Brits spat in their faces.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They did grant the child citizenship and the Brits spat in their faces.
    Holy $#@!! and the people of Britain aren't rushing Buckingham Palace? WTF, what a demonstration of a country that is( ____________ )...whats the word I'm looking for? I'm literally speechless.

Holy $#@!! and the people of Britain aren't rushing Buckingham Palace? WTF, what a demonstration of a country that is( ____________ )...whats the word I'm looking for? I'm literally speechless.
    The word is Stockholmed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The word is Stockholmed.
    Yeah, that's it. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...olm%20syndrome

: the psychological tendency of a hostage to bond with, identify with, or sympathize with his or her captor

The word is Stockholmed.
    Yeah, that's it. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...olm%20syndrome

: the psychological tendency of a hostage to bond with, identify with, or sympathize with his or her captor

+rep

The word is Stockholmed.
    They're too busy cleansing their country of Hitler-saluting Nazidogs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast