Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brokered Convention - Recruit Rand Paul for POTUS?

Brokered Convention - Recruit Rand Paul for POTUS?

Rand Paul is introducing an FY2013 budget named "A Platform to Revitalize America". Great timing too... we all remember how much attention the "Ryan Plan" got and all the love (and debate) it netted. The establishment HATES Ron Paul but doesn't mind Rand so much..

Could this be a tee-up for Rand in 2012? Go brokered on the convention, recruit Rand, and discard Mitt/Frothy/Newt as they will have torn themselves apart by then and will realize none of them could possibly beat Obama.

http://www.randpaul2010.com/2012/03/...alize-america/
    *2012 Ron Paul Delegate - Illinois Congressional District 16
    *IL Boone County Leader, Ron Paul 2012
    *Voted for Ron Paul March 14, 2012 in IL early voting GOP Primary
    *Voted for Ron Paul Jan 30, 2008 in IL early voting GOP Primary
    *Campaign Cash Meter 2012: [|||||||||||----] 68.8% to MAX

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd be for it not sure about the rest. He'd also bring that newness wow feeling when delegates got to hear him for the first time..

I'd love for Rand to be president. Ron or Rand, either one works for me.

Question

Do you think it's possible that Rand could get a floor nomination at the RNC Convention?

Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post
    Do you think it's possible that Rand could get a floor nomination at the RNC Convention?
    Do you own the Ron Paul 2012 facebook page?

Quote Originally Posted by 8ClicksPerSecond View Post
    Do you own the Ron Paul 2012 facebook page?
    No, why?

This could be the backup plan for Ron Paul and company. Ron clears the way and Rand Paul emerges as nominee.
    Remember humans are people too.

No, why?
    Oh. Because whoever owns it posted on their wall a link to this thread and copied your post. http://www.facebook.com/rp2012

just thought maybe it was you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wouldn't support Rand.

Every one here harps on trust all day long, what reason do we have to trust Rand other than he's Ron's son?

He's still better than the field but he's no Ron.

Even if Rand was the GOP nom i'd still write in Ron.
    It's just an opinion... man...

what if rand does emerge out of the tampa convention as a way to keep the party together?

I actually want to see Rand as president more than Ron, but eh.

I feel Rand is less of a purist who can make compromises. Under the current system, until we can properly transition for example, it's better to give the money back to the people instead of voting an inevitable "No!" which accomplishes nothing, where even if No does win, the money just goes to our proxy wars than being earmarked back to the people.

Rand Paul is still fighting for Liberty, but he's certainly being more reasonable than Ron in my opinion through the transition.

Eh, I'm allowed to disagree with Ron Paul I guess. But whichever of the two runs for president, they still got my vote either way.
    Last edited by Lishy; 03-08-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Given Ron picks up a good chunk of delegates as a platform, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    Every one here harps on trust all day long, what reason do we have to trust Rand other than he's Ron's son?
    His voting record.

The fact that he worked to stop the NDAA, SOPA/PIPA, the Iraq War, etc. Just sayin'....

ZZ -- an apt & wise insight, yes!

FWIW, according to the John Birch Society Voting Index for Jan, 2012, http://www.jbs.org/index.php?option=...131&Itemid=259

Ron Paul 100%

Rand Paul 95%

So, going by that it is true that Rand is no Ron, but he's a lot better than most.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It wouldn't be as good as Ron, but I would be happy with that.

Or, as I said in another thread...

It would be cool if Ron traded his delegates (with no endorsement) for Bill O'riely's time slot on Fox for 4 years, to use or delegate its use however he sees fit, with full editorial control, and full cancellation immunity.
    Last edited by evilfunnystuff; 03-08-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

I have a friend (not bound to Ron Paul, but a Republican through and through) who said he wants to vote for Rand Paul at a brokered convention

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    There will always be a few that won't support Rand. They are choosing to leave themselves behind.
    Pretty much.

This is great!
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    FWIW, according to the John Birch Society Voting Index for Jan, 2012, http://www.jbs.org/index.php?option=...131&Itemid=259

Ron Paul 100%

Rand Paul 95%

So, going by that it is true that Rand is no Ron, but he's a lot better than most.
    Voter indexes are always subjective.

We can trust Rand and that puts him WAY above ANY other choice. Trust me, if this comes up we need to throw ourselves behind it 110%

This could be the answer to our unelectable problem guys...
    I'm very excited about this possibility. I think its completely plausible for Rand to be nominated. I mean even Hannity treats him with respect.
    I really hope if this happens people don't $#@! it up. "no one but paul" includes rand as he happens to be a paul as well

Ron Paul, rand can be vp but there will not be a status quo gop on the gop ticket or they elect obama.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    Ron Paul, rand can be vp but there will not be a status quo gop on the gop ticket or they elect obama.
    How is Rand status quo?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    id be happy with that. I think if we get a brokered convention that is our best chance. If we can get enough gridlock we can offer up Rand as a compromise. A compromise id be happy to make.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3kgt View Post
    How is Rand status quo?
    i was just stating there will be no status quo on the ticket. I never said rand was status quo.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

I'd be all for it.

I'd like it a lot. I love Ron. I don't think there has ever been a better man in Congress. All the way back to the beginning. It might be the Ron is actually too decent of a human being to be President. It's why he's been able to gather limited government people to his candidacy. It's why the establishment were TERRIFIED back when it looked like he would win Iowa.

But, I 'd take Rand. I think Rand would be able to save the country. He wouldn't be perfect but he'd be hundreds of times better than anything else.

Rand Paul would have a chance to be the nominee in a brokered convention if Romney is more than 100 delegates shy of victory on the way in. Rand is a political genius.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    I wouldn't support Rand.

He's still better than the field but he's no Ron.

Even if Rand was the GOP nom i'd still write in Ron.
    I hear you but I think Rand is worth the roll of the dice, it would be by far the best thing we had going and I'm pretty sure Rand wouldn't start a war with Iran and continue to let the bankers run wild.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    I hear you but I think Rand is worth the roll of the dice, it would be by far the best thing we had going and I'm pretty sure Rand wouldn't start a war with Iran and continue to let the bankers run wild.
    Even the people who say "oh Ron is crazy", even a lot of them like Rand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast