Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biden: You need F-15 and nukes to take on the government

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    I doubt that killing more civilians would have accomplished that.
    If you killed enough, it would probably work.

Just sayin'
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Just like Vietnam, we could have easily won that war. The American public couldn't stomach the civilian casulaties that it would have taken to win. So it was another limited engagement, win hearts and minds fiasco.

If they had been armed, they could have taken out all of congress and the senate. But if they were amrned, they wouldn't have been allowed to walk in would they?
    You seem to have forgotten how the Afghan war started. It didn't start with 9/11. It started with Jimmy Carter secretly funding what would become Al Qaeda in order to draw the Soviet Union into a war they couldn't win. The plan worked. And the Soviet Union had absolutely no qualms about civilian causalities. They dropped teddy bears that were were laced with explosives for crying out loud! And sure...we could have carpet nuked both countries. And that might have drawn a nuclear response from Russian and/or China. Plus, if your aim is stopping communism and/or terrorism, if you hand the communists and terrorists a propaganda coup by wiping out an entire population, including people that support you, in the name of fighting communism and terrorism, then you create more communists and terrorists including within your own country. So....next I guess you have to carpet nuke the United States in order to stop communism and terrorism within the United States. You really didn't think this one through.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I don't see any reason why private citizens shouldn't be allowed to have fully-armed F-15's.

And if nukes are too dangerous for an individual to have, then a government sure as $#@! shouldn't be allowed to have it.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheTexan again.

Remember Nancy Pelosi suggesting that her own pResident Biden might not be fit to have the nuke codes?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Reporters will soon be required to make allowances for Biden under the Americans With Disabilities Act. Extra time to answer questions. Allowances to go back and review what he said before he can be quoted on it. The use of an English As A Second Language translator. Someone to help him walk up the stairs.

I'm not really concerned about what rhetoric fake-President Biden chooses to use.

What's more concerning to me, is that there is a bottom-up movement in this country to overthrow the status quo in favor of racial marxism. His rhetoric just echoes what a large portion of the country already believe.

There are a few people on this forum that hold the view that it's the "elites" and/or "media" who are trying to steer the country in this direction.

Not so.
    The "elites" have been programming the American public through the government schools for generations, in preparation for their big takeover. So, it's not an either/or, it's both. Today's popular leftism is the culmination of generations of preparation. It is even documented, search "Geneticist's Manifesto" (hard to find via web search, I can provide a Google Drive link if requested) which was published in 1939.

Leftism is a grassroots movement that is happening at a large scale. It started with the schools/universities. They spread their filth to the tech companies. Then the media. It's infecting now the military.
    The problem with many people in the right is that they believe that leftism can spread on its own, as a self-sustaining concept. By its very nature, it cannot, it is a self-defeating political philosophy. Look at the Soviet Union... America did not end the Soviet Union, it collapsed under its own weight, it was an unsustainable monstrosity, a walking contradiction. These globalist social experiments are only able to survive for a time by parasitically feeding on the wealth and human capital of the country they took over during the revolution. It is literally a case of the parasite taking over the host and killing it. Such insane social philosophy is inherently self-defeating. It can only exist temporarily through parasitism.

It's a generational disease that is 30+ years in the making.
    The Geneticist's Manifesto was published in 1939 -- that's 80 years ago. And really, the collectivist eugenicism (biological Marxism) put forward in that document dates way back into the 19th-century. This goes way back.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Tell that to the 10,000 or so Afghan resistance fighters that have kept us at bay for over 20 years now, on Minsks with AK-47s and home made rocket launchers.
    EM.

Success is in the eyes of the beholder going by words of Biden's predecessor and he didn't even use a nuke:

US drops largest non-nuclear bomb in Afghanistan
    Fri April 14, 2017
    Trump: US in Afghanistan to kill terrorists
    Washington CNN —
    A GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb (MOAB), nicknamed the “mother of all bombs,” was dropped at 7:32 p.m. local time, according to four US military officials with direct knowledge of the mission. A MOAB is a 30-foot-long, 21,600-pound, GPS-guided munition.
    President Donald Trump called it “another successful job” later Thursday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59B9A1B1-5BFC-421F-ADCC-F370FD372F9B.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	8253
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Name:	9D03B5D7-941D-45F4-8BAB-E837F1D7F629.png 
Size:	872.5 KB 
ID:	8254
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I doubt that killing more civilians would have accomplished that.
    It worked on the Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You seem to have forgotten how the Afghan war started. It didn't start with 9/11. It started with Jimmy Carter secretly funding what would become Al Qaeda in order to draw the Soviet Union into a war they couldn't win. The plan worked. And the Soviet Union had absolutely no qualms about civilian causalities. They dropped teddy bears that were were laced with explosives for crying out loud! And sure...we could have carpet nuked both countries. And that might have drawn a nuclear response from Russian and/or China. Plus, if your aim is stopping communism and/or terrorism, if you hand the communists and terrorists a propaganda coup by wiping out an entire population, including people that support you, in the name of fighting communism and terrorism, then you create more communists and terrorists including within your own country. So....next I guess you have to carpet nuke the United States in order to stop communism and terrorism within the United States. You really didn't think this one through.
    No, when you flatten major cities, you take away the ability to manufacture more war materials and some would say more importantly demoralize the surviving population. Think of what happened to the Germans in WW2.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    The "elites" have been programming the American public through the government schools for generations, in preparation for their big takeover. So, it's not an either/or, it's both. Today's popular leftism is the culmination of generations of preparation. It is even documented, search "Geneticist's Manifesto" (hard to find via web search, I can provide a Google Drive link if requested) which was published in 1939.

The problem with many people in the right is that they believe that leftism can spread on its own, as a self-sustaining concept. By its very nature, it cannot, it is a self-defeating political philosophy. Look at the Soviet Union... America did not end the Soviet Union, it collapsed under its own weight, it was an unsustainable monstrosity, a walking contradiction. These globalist social experiments are only able to survive for a time by parasitically feeding on the wealth and human capital of the country they took over during the revolution. It is literally a case of the parasite taking over the host and killing it. Such insane social philosophy is inherently self-defeating. It can only exist temporarily through parasitism.

The Geneticist's Manifesto was published in 1939 -- that's 80 years ago. And really, the collectivist eugenicism (biological Marxism) put forward in that document dates way back into the 19th-century. This goes way back.
    None of that explains why the recent generations of millennial $#@!wits in the USSA are marxist leftist $#@!s. I stand by my timeframe of 30 years as when marxism took root in Amerika.

Though I would agree the seeds of course were planted long ago.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Name:	2761C8A2-FE96-4488-B0A6-8D5E9AE264A8.jpg 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	8255

And raiding the armories.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

None of that explains why the recent generations of millennial $#@!wits in the USSA are marxist leftist $#@!s. I stand by my timeframe of 30 years as when marxism took root in Amerika.

Though I would agree the seeds of course were planted long ago.
    Yes... we can pick many origin points, I don't mean to discredit that. My personal "awakening" began about 6 or so years after 9/11... "Any serious effort at transformation must occur within the larger framework of U.S. national security strategy, military missions and defense budgets. The United States cannot simply declare a “strategic pause” while experimenting with new technologies and operational concepts. Nor can it choose to pursue a transformation strategy that would decouple American and allied interests. A transformation strategy that solely pursued capabilities for projecting force from the United States, for example, and sacrificed forward basing and presence, would be at odds with larger policy goals and would trouble American allies. Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor." (Rebuilding America's Defenses, Project for the New American Century, Sep 2000)
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

It worked on the Nazis.
    Consider some differences. For the most part, Germany had provoked war with its neighbors by invading them, and their responses were defensive (yes, this neglects a broader more complicated context, but it's still true enough). In the ensuring war, both sides deliberately engaged in measures that killed many civilians of the opposing nations. Even after Germany's surrender, despite pretty serious sanctions imposed, it still remained a nation that was permitted to self-rule. It did not become a colony of Russia (its main enemy in the war) or any of the other allied nations. The population of Germany who were permitted to go on with their lives and rebuild a great nation (more or less) knew all this.

In Vietnam, the pre-war background was one of colonization under France. And Ho Chi Minh didn't merely present the threat of turning the nation communist (though it's true enough that he did that). He stood for independence from rule by a distant foreign regime. Any hope of defeating him as a communist threat could only have succeeded if non-communist Vietnamese independence was the goal, leaving it in their hands to choose not to be Communist and accepting the risk that they may choose wrongly. Any attempt to maintain Vietnam either as a colony of France or any other kind of satellite nation of western powers with a mere proxy ruler pursuing the interests of those western powers before those of the Vietnamese people, would be ultimately doomed. Vietnam never invaded France, the US, or any other western nation that was there as an invader trying to decide for Vietnam what kind of country it had to be. Under no circumstances could its people tolerate over the long term rule by a regime that depended on indiscriminate killing of its civilians in order to keep them in a state of constant surrender.

In the long run it's impossible to maintain control over a population when the great majority of that population doesn't want you there. Every empire fell for this reason, and those that stood the longest did so by convincing their subjects that their relationship was mutually beneficial. Those empires that engaged in brutal practices against their subjects always found the constant burden of maintaining control of those who refused to be ruled untenable.

The US could defeat any nation if all it wants to do is demolish it. But that's practically never the goal.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 06-25-2021 at 08:24 AM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Name:	2761C8A2-FE96-4488-B0A6-8D5E9AE264A8.jpg 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	8255

And raiding the armories.
    How fast can you train me?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

No, when you flatten major cities, you take away the ability to manufacture more war materials and some would say more importantly demoralize the surviving population. Think of what happened to the Germans in WW2.
    That just shows you know nothing about the Afghan war. The Russians flattened and then controlled what was left of the Afghan major cities. The surviving population didn't need to "manufacture more war materials" because they were being supplied them by the United States. And rather than being "demoralized" they were just more pissed off. Who was going to supply the Germans more war materials? Oh...that's right. Nobody. The Afghans couldn't beat the Soviets in a straight up war, so it became a war of attrition. It was the Vietnam Jimmy Carter Zbignew Brezynski hoped it would be. And when we upped the ante under Ronald Reagan by giving them stinger missiles that became too much. Despite being an authoritative regime that thrived on propaganda, the Soviets couldn't keep a lid on what was going on and mass desertions and draft dodging became a problem. On top of that, there was not one single leader, like an Adolf Hitler, that was keeping the Afghans fighting but rather an ideology and a fierce sense of independence. And back to your original point, the U.S. actually did "win" the Afghan war if "winning" meant driving out Al Qaeda. OBL was "killed" in Pakistan. (I have no idea what really happened to OBL other than to say it didn't happen the way we were told it happened.) OBL was out of Afghanistan prior to the U.S. invasion. So we could, and should, have just said "We won" and gone home. But we were trying to control a country that cannot be long term controlled. As Mao put it, the key to guerrilla warfare is patients. You cannot win a guerrilla war be "demoralizing" people. You win it by transforming people. Germans followed Hitler in large part because the allies destroyed their economy post World War I. The peace was won by rebuilding the German economy. Same with Japan. We tried to rebuild the Afghan economy and poured billions in to try to do that. But the militants became the agents of destruction. Just "destroying more" wouldn't have done squat.

The question I ask myself is did @Danke lose his F-15 and B61-12 in his "hanger fire?" Or is it a case of "dropped my guns in the lake?"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The question I ask myself is did @Danke lose his F-15 and B61-12 in his "hanger fire?" Or is it a case of "dropped my guns in the lake?"

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

How fast can you train me?
    Just play Falcon 4 for a while and you'll be fully qualified on a F-16
    - Kim Kardashian

Just play Falcon 4 for a while and you'll be fully qualified on a F-16
    You laugh, but a friend of mine from college first learned to fly on that game. Years later he died when his experimental plane caught fire.

Consider some differences. For the most part, Germany had provoked war with its neighbors by invading them, and their responses were defensive (yes, this neglects a broader more complicated context, but it's still true enough). In the ensuring war, both sides deliberately engaged in measures that killed many civilians of the opposing nations. Even after Germany's surrender, despite pretty serious sanctions imposed, it still remained a nation that was permitted to self-rule. It did not become a colony of Russia (its main enemy in the war) or any of the other allied nations. The population of Germany who were permitted to go on with their lives and rebuild a great nation (more or less) knew all this.

In Vietnam, the pre-war background was one of colonization under France. And Ho Chi Minh didn't merely present the threat of turning the nation communist (though it's true enough that he did that). He stood for independence from rule by a distant foreign regime. Any hope of defeating him as a communist threat could only have succeeded if non-communist Vietnamese independence was the goal, leaving it in their hands to choose not to be Communist and accepting the risk that they may choose wrongly. Any attempt to maintain Vietnam either as a colony of France or any other kind of satellite nation of western powers with a mere proxy ruler pursuing the interests of those western powers before those of the Vietnamese people, would be ultimately doomed. Vietnam never invaded France, the US, or any other western nation that was there as an invader trying to decide for Vietnam what kind of country it had to be. Under no circumstances could its people tolerate over the long term rule by a regime that depended on indiscriminate killing of its civilians in order to keep them in a state of constant surrender.

In the long run it's impossible to maintain control over a population when the great majority of that population doesn't want you there. Every empire fell for this reason, and those that stood the longest did so by convincing their subjects that their relationship was mutually beneficial. Those empires that engaged in brutal practices against their subjects always found the constant burden of maintaining control of those who refused to be ruled untenable.

The US could defeat any nation if all it wants to do is demolish it. But that's practically never the goal.
    You are forgetting south vietnam. There was a very large portion of the population that did not want Ho as their leader. If the US had assisted them in a manner that the US public would not have approved of, the war could have been won.

Don't confuse the fact that I think war could have been won with my support for the war. I think the US should not have got involved.

That just shows you know nothing about the Afghan war. The Russians flattened and then controlled what was left of the Afghan major cities. The surviving population didn't need to "manufacture more war materials" because they were being supplied them by the United States. And rather than being "demoralized" they were just more pissed off. Who was going to supply the Germans more war materials? Oh...that's right. Nobody. The Afghans couldn't beat the Soviets in a straight up war, so it became a war of attrition. It was the Vietnam Jimmy Carter Zbignew Brezynski hoped it would be. And when we upped the ante under Ronald Reagan by giving them stinger missiles that became too much. Despite being an authoritative regime that thrived on propaganda, the Soviets couldn't keep a lid on what was going on and mass desertions and draft dodging became a problem. On top of that, there was not one single leader, like an Adolf Hitler, that was keeping the Afghans fighting but rather an ideology and a fierce sense of independence. And back to your original point, the U.S. actually did "win" the Afghan war if "winning" meant driving out Al Qaeda. OBL was "killed" in Pakistan. (I have no idea what really happened to OBL other than to say it didn't happen the way we were told it happened.) OBL was out of Afghanistan prior to the U.S. invasion. So we could, and should, have just said "We won" and gone home. But we were trying to control a country that cannot be long term controlled. As Mao put it, the key to guerrilla warfare is patients. You cannot win a guerrilla war be "demoralizing" people. You win it by transforming people. Germans followed Hitler in large part because the allies destroyed their economy post World War I. The peace was won by rebuilding the German economy. Same with Japan. We tried to rebuild the Afghan economy and poured billions in to try to do that. But the militants became the agents of destruction. Just "destroying more" wouldn't have done squat.
    I am discussing the post 2001 US war in Afghanistan. It could have been won. You march into a village and ask who the Taliban are. If they won't give them up wipe out the whole place as a warning to the next village. Eventually they will learn.

Don't take this as my support for these kind of tactics, but it would have worked and could have been won. I think we should have just launched a limited campaign agianst the terror camps and been done with it in less than a year.

You are forgetting south vietnam. There was a very large portion of the population that did not want Ho as their leader. If the US had assisted them in a manner that the US public would not have approved of, the war could have been won.

Don't confuse the fact that I think war could have been won with my support for the war. I think the US should not have got involved.
    You're arguing that we could have "won" Vietnam the same way we "won" Korea. Ummmm....maybe. But I don't think we were any rougher on the North Koreans than we were on the North Vietnamese. Did the North Koreans have the equivalent of the Viet Cong in the South the way the North Vietnamese did? Just did a quick net search on guerilla fighters in the Korean war and the only guerillas I see were on our side.

See: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donk...s_(Korean_War)

It's not enough to have support of some or even most of the populace in your base of operations. If the enemy has significant support in your base of operations, but you have no real support in his base of operations, you're in trouble. In WW II (and WW I), Germany had to deal with constant guerilla attack in the countries it occupied. So did Japan. The U.S. never had that problem. It doesn't sound like the U.S. had that problem in South Korea either. We certainly had that problem in South Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Korean war only lasted 3 years. The Vietnam war lasted 20. In terms of casualties per day, Korea was MUCH worse. But there seemed to be no end to the Vietnam war.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...ualties_of_war

According to Mao, the key to guerilla war is patience. Do you have a force that can meld back into the population and keep up coherent resistance indefinitely? Twenty years is a whole generation. This song by Mike and The Mechanics perfectly explains guerilla war. Pay attention to the part underlined in bold.

Take the children and yourself
    And hide out in the cellar
    By now the fighting will be close at hand
    Don't believe the church and state
    And everything they tell you
    Believe in me, I'm with the high command

[Chorus]
    Can you hear me, can you hear me running?
    Can you hear me running, can you hear me calling you?

[Verse 2]
    There's a gun and ammunition
    Just inside the doorway
    Use it only in emergency
    Better you should pray to God
    The Father and the Spirit
    Will guide you and protect from up here

[Chorus]
    [Bridge]
    Swear allegiance to the flag
    Whatever flag they offer
    Never hint at what you really feel
    Teach the children quietly
    For some day sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still

[Chorus]

Can you hear me running (can you hear me calling you?)
    (Can you hear me) hear me calling you?
    (Can you hear me running) hear me running babe?
    (Can you hear me running) hear me running?
    Calling you, calling you
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-25-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Huge Spike In Americans Buying F-15s After Biden Suggests You'll Need Them To Overthrow Government
    June 23rd, 2021 - BabylonBee.com

150.7kSHARE

20.2kSHARE

U.S.—The nation scrambled to buy F-15s and nuclear weapons after President Biden said in a speech Wednesday that you'll never beat a government unless you have the fighter jets and intercontinental ballistic missiles.

All over the nation, American citizens were seen parking their brand-new F-15s in their driveways and garages. Some wealthier Americans purchased the F-22, while less fortunate citizens were forced to buy the F-35 joint fighter. But no matter what craft they chose, American citizens said they were just glad to finally be protected against a tyrannical government.

"I need an F-15 to beat the government? Say no more, fam!" said one man in New Hampshire as he happily rushed out to his local F-15 dealer to pick up the latest model. "Before, I thought my AR-15 would be enough, but when Biden pointed out that the U.S. government has fighter jets and I only have an assault rifle, I realized I really needed to beef up my anti-tyranny defense systems."

"Thanks, Mr. Biden! I sure am glad you reminded me of how brutal a government can be against its own citizens and how governments throughout history have in fact attacked their own people once they are disarmed and helpless."
    The man was later seen picking up an M1 Abrams tank.

[/COLOR]
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I am discussing the post 2001 US war in Afghanistan. It could have been won. You march into a village and ask who the Taliban are. If they won't give them up wipe out the whole place as a warning to the next village. Eventually they will learn.

Don't take this as my support for these kind of tactics, but it would have worked and could have been won. I think we should have just launched a limited campaign agianst the terror camps and been done with it in less than a year.
    And you don't think the evil Soviet empire didn't try that? Sorry, I think you're being incredibly naive here. That and the terror training camps were gone by 2003. They relocated to Pakistan, a U.S. ally. When Al Qaeda showed up again as a fighting force it was in Iraq and Syria and to a smaller extent in Libya and Egypt. So all we basically did was cause the problem to metastasize. But o my knowledge there have not been any terror attacks that were, officially anyway, originated from inside Afghanistan post 2001. So by your "logic" we "won" the war in Afghanistan even as we lose the insurgency. There were no need for any of your tactics, which frankly didn't work for the Soviets (you never seem to want to address that fact) when they tried it.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

NO it did not work ant it was tried..

It was as FAILED as Vietnam in concept and in action..
    False premise Fails.

It failed at everything except selling ammunition,,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I already got one.

Huge Spike In Americans Buying F-15s After Biden Suggests You'll Need Them To Overthrow Government
    June 23rd, 2021 - BabylonBee.com

150.7kSHARE

20.2kSHARE

U.S.—The nation scrambled to buy F-15s and nuclear weapons after President Biden said in a speech Wednesday that you'll never beat a government unless you have the fighter jets and intercontinental ballistic missiles.

All over the nation, American citizens were seen parking their brand-new F-15s in their driveways and garages. Some wealthier Americans purchased the F-22, while less fortunate citizens were forced to buy the F-35 joint fighter. But no matter what craft they chose, American citizens said they were just glad to finally be protected against a tyrannical government.

"I need an F-15 to beat the government? Say no more, fam!" said one man in New Hampshire as he happily rushed out to his local F-15 dealer to pick up the latest model. "Before, I thought my AR-15 would be enough, but when Biden pointed out that the U.S. government has fighter jets and I only have an assault rifle, I realized I really needed to beef up my anti-tyranny defense systems."

"Thanks, Mr. Biden! I sure am glad you reminded me of how brutal a government can be against its own citizens and how governments throughout history have in fact attacked their own people once they are disarmed and helpless."
    The man was later seen picking up an M1 Abrams tank.

[/COLOR]
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

According to Mao, the key to guerilla war is patience. Do you have a force that can meld back into the population and keep up coherent resistance indefinitely? Twenty years is a whole generation. This song by Mike and The Mechanics perfectly explains guerilla war. Pay attention to the part underlined in bold.

Take the children and yourself
    And hide out in the cellar
    By now the fighting will be close at hand
    Don't believe the church and state
    And everything they tell you
    Believe in me, I'm with the high command

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
    There's a gun and ammunition
    Just inside the doorway
    Use it only in emergency
    Better you should pray to God
    The Father and the Spirit
    Will guide you and protect from up here

[Chorus]
    [Bridge]
    Swear allegiance to the flag
    Whatever flag they offer
    Never hint at what you really feel
    Teach the children quietly
    For some day sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still

[Chorus]

Can you hear me running (can you hear me calling you?)
    (Can you hear me) hear me calling you?
    (Can you hear me running) hear me running babe?
    (Can you hear me running) hear me running?
    Calling you, calling you
    Deserves the song...

This goes here as well:

Deserves the song...

This goes here as well:

Thanks! And now I'll say the song you posted deserves a lyrics dump. To be honest I love Talking Heads but sometimes I can't catch all that's being sung. I didn't know this was an anti-war song until today. I thought it was something about a crazy party. (This ain't no disco).

Heard of a van that is loaded with weapons
    Packed up and ready to go
    Heard of some grave sites, out by the highway
    A place where nobody knows
    The sound of gunfire, off in the distance
    I'm getting used to it now
    Lived in a brownstone, lived in a ghetto
    I've lived all over this town

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
    This ain't no fooling around
    No time for dancing, or lovey dovey
    I ain't got time for that now

Transmit the message, to the receiver
    Hope for an answer some day
    I got three passports, a couple of visas
    You don't even know my real name
    High on a hillside, the trucks are loading
    Everything's ready to roll
    I sleep in the daytime, I work in the nighttime
    I might not ever get home

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
    This ain't no Mudd Club, or C. B. G. B.
    I ain't got time for that now

Heard about Houston? Heard about Detroit?
    Heard about Pittsburgh, P. A.?
    You oughta know not to stand by the window
    Somebody see you up there
    I got some groceries, some peanut butter
    To last a couple of days
    But I ain't got no speakers, ain't got no headphones
    Ain't got no records to play

Why stay in college? Why go to night school?
    Gonna be different this time
    Can't write a letter, can't send a postcard,
    I can't write nothing at all
    This ain't no party, this ain't no disco,
    I'd like to kiss you, I'd love you hold you
    I ain't got no time for that now

Trouble in transit, got through the roadblock
    we blended with the crowd
    We got computer, we're tapping phone lines
    I know that ain't allowed
    We dress like students, we dress like housewives
    or in a suit and a tie
    I changed my hairstyle, so many times now
    I don't know what I look like!
    You make me shiver, I feel so tender
    We make a pretty good team
    Don't get exhausted, I'll do some driving
    you ought to get some sleep
    Get you instructions, follow directions
    Then you should change your address
    Maybe tomorrow, maybe the next day
    whatever you think is best
    Burned all my notebooks, what good are
    Notebooks? They won't help me survive
    My chest is aching, burns like a furnace
    The burning keeps me alive
    Try to stay healthy, physical fitness
    Don't want to catch no disease
    Try to be careful, don't take no chances
    You better watch what you say

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast