Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand: "Told you so. Fire Fauchi" New revelations from FOIA email request.

Exclamation Rand: "Told you so. Fire Fauchi" New revelations from FOIA email request.

Sen. Rand Paul Calls to ‘Fire’ Dr. Anthony Fauci: ‘Told You’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...auci-told-you/

Hannah Bleau 2 Jun 2021

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), an outspoken critic of Dr. Anthony Fauci, called for his firing following the emergence of emails showing how the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases chief handled the pandemic behind the scene — from admitting that the “typical mask you buy at the drugstore is not really effective in keeping out virus” to asking a colleague to “please handle” the narrative centering around the Wuhan Lab theory.

The emails also reveal the cozy relationship with Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention Director George Gao.

“Told you,” Paul said, using the hashtag #firefauci.

“Can’t wait to see the media try to spin the Fauci FOIA emails,” he added:

Can’t wait to see the media try to spin the Fauci FOIA emails.

— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) June 2, 2021

Tuesday, excerpts obtained by the Washington Post show Fauci’s cozy email exchanges with George Gao, his Chinese counterpart:

The released emails show that Fauci indeed tried to answer many queries, sometimes hitting “send” well after midnight. And even as Trump ratcheted up attacks on China for not containing the virus after it was first discovered there, Fauci sought to maintain ties with Gao, a well-regarded Chinese scientific leader — and Gao with him.

Emails also reveal Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerburg reached out to Fauci, thanking him for his leadership and alerting him of the “rollout of Facebook’s coronavirus information hub, which artificially boosted ‘authoritative’ information about the virus,” as Breitbart News detailed.

Another email shows Fauci dismissing store-bought masks, noting the”typical mask you buy at the drugstore is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through the material”
    :

"The typical mask you buy at the drugstore is not really effective in keep out virus"

Read the fraudster Fauci's emails here,https://t.co/zNQarFfB0d pic.twitter.com/CBaOrDoRVs

— Tennessee Stands – Research (@TrackingCovid) June 2, 2021

The revelations come on the heels of Fauci admitting that the National Institutes of Health (NIH) funded the Wuhan lab, but he continues to deny a role in gain of function research.

Paul, however, said Fauci committed perjury May 12 over his gain of function comments.

“He lied to the American people,” Paul said. “There was gain of function research going on with Dr. Shi Zhengli at the Wuhan Institute.”

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) told Breitbart News exclusively on Tuesday that Fauci’s purported role in gain of function research “absolutely needs to be fully investigated and vetted.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya , what a surprise .
    Do something Danke

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Man, reminds me how much I can't stand FoxNews.

Any word on how this is being treated in the rest of the MSM? It seems like those quotes they posted about the emails suggest they're not only defending Fauci, but trying to lionize him as a preventative measure to keep this whole "truth" thing from blowing up in their faces.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    No Rand. Not fire. Prosecute.
    Fire"squad" Fauci!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Fire"squad" Fauci!
    I am suspending my opposition of state sponsored capital punishment and war for this fiasco.

The nation state of China committed an act of bio-terrorism against the United States, resulting in the the deaths of scores of people.

Appropriate military response is demanded.

Domestic Fifth Columnists and their lapdogs in the press and local governments are equally responsible.

Those found guilty in an appropriate court of law should be hung by the neck until dead.

Fauchi, Gates, Cuomo, Whitmer, Baker and Murphy...you are first in line for trial.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Sen. Rand Paul Calls to ‘Fire’ Dr. Anthony Fauci: ‘Told You’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...auci-told-you/

Hannah Bleau 2 Jun 2021

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), an outspoken critic of Dr. Anthony Fauci, called for his firing following the emergence of emails showing how the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases chief handled the pandemic behind the scene — from admitting that the “typical mask you buy at the drugstore is not really effective in keeping out virus” to asking a colleague to “please handle” the narrative centering around the Wuhan Lab theory.

The emails also reveal the cozy relationship with Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention Director George Gao.

“Told you,” Paul said, using the hashtag #firefauci.

“Can’t wait to see the media try to spin the Fauci FOIA emails,” he added:

Can’t wait to see the media try to spin the Fauci FOIA emails.

— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) June 2, 2021

Tuesday, excerpts obtained by the Washington Post show Fauci’s cozy email exchanges with George Gao, his Chinese counterpart:

The released emails show that Fauci indeed tried to answer many queries, sometimes hitting “send” well after midnight. And even as Trump ratcheted up attacks on China for not containing the virus after it was first discovered there, Fauci sought to maintain ties with Gao, a well-regarded Chinese scientific leader — and Gao with him.

Emails also reveal Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerburg reached out to Fauci, thanking him for his leadership and alerting him of the “rollout of Facebook’s coronavirus information hub, which artificially boosted ‘authoritative’ information about the virus,” as Breitbart News detailed.

Another email shows Fauci dismissing store-bought masks, noting the”typical mask you buy at the drugstore is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through the material”
    :

"The typical mask you buy at the drugstore is not really effective in keep out virus"

Read the fraudster Fauci's emails here,https://t.co/zNQarFfB0d pic.twitter.com/CBaOrDoRVs

— Tennessee Stands – Research (@TrackingCovid) June 2, 2021

The revelations come on the heels of Fauci admitting that the National Institutes of Health (NIH) funded the Wuhan lab, but he continues to deny a role in gain of function research.

Paul, however, said Fauci committed perjury May 12 over his gain of function comments.

“He lied to the American people,” Paul said. “There was gain of function research going on with Dr. Shi Zhengli at the Wuhan Institute.”

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) told Breitbart News exclusively on Tuesday that Fauci’s purported role in gain of function research “absolutely needs to be fully investigated and vetted.”
    ABC Reporter Told Fauci She Wouldn’t ‘Jeopardize’ Him, Emails Show

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

I am suspending my opposition of state sponsored capital punishment and war for this fiasco.

The nation state of China committed an act of bio-terrorism against the United States, resulting in the the deaths of scores of people.

Domestic Fifth Columnists and their lapdogs in the press and local governments are equally responsible.

Those found guilty in an appropriate court of law should be hung by the neck until dead.

Fauchi, Gates, Cuomo, Whitmer, Baker and Murphy...you are first in line for trial.
    Nuremberg 2.0 Trials
    All of them.

https://www.covidtruths.co.uk/2021/0...te-march-2021/
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

"Scores" of people? I think you're off by a factor of hundreds of thousands. (Maybe millions). I know COVID was overcounted but a lot of people actually did die. They didn't need to. It's not just the China cover up either. It's Dr. Fauci downplaying any treatment that wasn't patented by big phrama. And I'm not talking HCQ. That's no longer my go to COVID treatment. A simple vaporiser, like our moms (mine anyway) used on us when we were kids cures COVID in 24 hours. If you don't have that, a pot, some water and a heat source. Or a hair dryer and a spray bottle with some water. Hot moist air kills the damn virus without harming the patient like those ventilators governor Cuomo was demanding Trump sent him. That and melatonin, zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d and NAC. Nobody needed to die from this thing. Nobody. If I sound pissed it's because I am.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Man, reminds me how much I can't stand FoxNews.
    I got the opposite impression. While I don't like FoxNews, I love this coverage.

Any word on how this is being treated in the rest of the MSM? It seems like those quotes they posted about the emails suggest they're not only defending Fauci, but trying to lionize him as a preventative measure to keep this whole "truth" thing from blowing up in their faces.
    We know straight up that CNN, MSNBC, CBS and ABC cannot at all be trusted on this.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    "Scores" of people? I think you're off by a factor of hundreds of thousands. (Maybe millions). I know COVID was overcounted but a lot of people actually did die. They didn't need to. It's not just the China cover up either. It's Dr. Fauci downplaying any treatment that wasn't patented by big phrama. And I'm not talking HCQ. That's no longer my go to COVID treatment. A simple vaporiser, like our moms (mine anyway) used on us when we were kids cures COVID in 24 hours. If you don't have that, a pot, some water and a heat source. Or a hair dryer and a spray bottle with some water. Hot moist air kills the damn virus without harming the patient like those ventilators governor Cuomo was demanding Trump sent him. That and melatonin, zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d and NAC. Nobody needed to die from this thing. Nobody. If I sound pissed it's because I am.
    You should be pissed.

Scores? I know, you're right...none of us know for sure how many died. I don't know how to describe it...tens of thousands to tens of millions.

That's just one aspect of this where the bull$#@! piled up so fast you needed wings to stay above it.

Regardless, people died and are still dying due to a bio-terror attack that people in power knew about and helped facilitate and then lied about it.

Every man woman and child on planet earth should be calling for those responsible to have their heads on pikes.

I saw this $#@! coming when they started playing with Gain of Function research on the Spanish Flu virus and that was ten years ago.

And they are not done with us yet.

If sane humanity does not rise up and smash these demons, they will end up killing us all.

And we're supposed to "trust" their "vaccine".

Get $#@!ed...and anybody that says I "have to get vaccinated to live my life as I see fit", you too...get $#@!ed.

Push this issue and I will shoot you in the $#@!ing face.

Done playing around.

You should be pissed.

Scores? I know, you're right...none of us know for sure how many died. I don't know how to describe it...tens of thousands to tens of millions.

That's just one aspect of this where the bull$#@! piled up so fast you needed wings to stay above it.

Regardless, people died and are still dying due to a bio-terror attack that people in power knew about and helped facilitate and then lied about it.

Every man woman and child on planet earth should be calling for those responsible to have their heads on pikes.

I saw this $#@! coming when they started playing with Gain of Function research on the Spanish Flu virus and that was ten years ago.

And they are not done with us yet.

If sane humanity does not rise up and smash these demons, they will end up killing us all.

And we're supposed to "trust" their "vaccine".

Get $#@!ed...and anybody that says I "have to get vaccinated to live my life as I see fit", you too...get $#@!ed.

Push this issue and I will shoot you in the $#@!ing face.

Done playing around.
    Yep! I've been frustrated as hell this past year. One thing I have asked the "I trust the science" idiots over and over again this past year is "Can you explain to me why gain of function is a good thing?" I have never gotten a response to that question. Never! This isn't "news." This was talked about in Newsweek last year. Newsweek was quoting concerns raised by scientists in the Journal Nature from 2015. And note the backpeddling of Dr. Fauci. He didn't defend the research. He knows he can't. He never answered Rand with "I have never funded gain of function research." It was always "I have never funded gain of function research at the Wuhan institute." Ummmm...Why is anyone anywhere ALLOWED to do gain of function research let alone paid to do it? I can't own a machine gun because I might kill a hundred people, but some jackass scientist can purposefully do research that might end the human race? And....that's somehow okay? Seriously?

We have become so dumbed down as a people that idiots think trusting jackasses on TV that happen to have a degree in something equals being "enlightened." No. No it doesn't. Science = skepticism. You should trust the scientific method and not trust "the science" as in trusting someone else to apply the scientific method on your behalf. That is childish.

Edit: And I have to add this in here. GOD BLESS RAND PAUL! Without his unwavering courage on this issue this wouldn't even be a conversation outside of those of us who actually think for ourselves and those who happen to watch a Ben Swann video with even a partially open mind. Every dollar I ever donated to any of his political campaigns, and I know that wasn't much, was well worth it.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-03-2021 at 10:54 PM.

"It's Dr. Fauci downplaying any treatment that wasn't patented by big phrama. And I'm not talking HCQ. That's no longer my go to COVID treatment. A simple vaporiser, like our moms (mine anyway) used on us when we were kids cures COVID in 24 hours. If you don't have that, a pot, some water and a heat source. Or a hair dryer and a spray bottle with some water. Hot moist air kills the damn virus without harming the patient like those ventilators governor Cuomo was demanding Trump sent him. That and melatonin, zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d and NAC. Nobody needed to die from this thing. Nobody. If I sound pissed it's because I am."

I'm pissed too.

They've been acting like vaccine salesman since the beginning. Everyone who isn't stupid should know that there are always some things, natural things, that help with almost anything, or you can find something for everything.

I was just so obvious "oh HCQ wasn't approved by the FDA for this particular covid" But it was proven as safe. And the vaccine was not proven as safe. Unproven, made by manufacturers who you can't sue is what we should do, but taking HCQ, proven as safe by the FDA, is not what we should do. The medical system is entirely bs.

I think we should get rid of patents on this stuff. We've gone far enough down that road. The existing pharmaceuticals can be made generic.

And the research should be focused on identifying the cheap natural stuff that works. Maybe it's warm moist air, maybe is hcq + zinc, maybe tonic water with quinine. garlic, ginger, turmeric, chili/cayenne/hot peppers, coconut oil, kefir, acv, baking soda Back last March this was all pretty much figured out.

You should be able to go into a store and buy an antiviral drink, or a general health beverage. Go back to the way it was when they were selling snake oil. Except use the science we have and make more science to figure out what works best and then tell everybody.

Go to link for pictures of articles and other sources described below:

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the...-investigation

The FBI's Strange Anthrax Investigation Sheds Light on COVID Lab-Leak Theory and Fauci's Emails

Mainstream institutions doubted the FBI had solved the 2001 anthrax case. Either way, revelations that emerged about U.S. Government bio-labs have newfound relevance.

Glenn Greenwald

One of the most significant events of the last two decades has been largely memory-holed: the October, 2001 anthrax attacks in the U.S. Beginning just one week after 9/11 and extending for another three weeks, a highly weaponized and sophisticated strain of anthrax had been sent around the country through the U.S. Postal Service addressed to some of the country's most prominent political and media figures. As Americans were still reeling from the devastation of 9/11, the anthrax killed five Americans and sickened another seventeen.

As part of the extensive reporting I did on the subsequent FBI investigation to find the perpetrator(s), I documented how significant these attacks were in the public consciousness. ABC News, led by investigative reporter Brian Ross, spent a full week claiming that unnamed government sources told them that government tests demonstrated a high likelihood that the anthrax came from Saddam Hussein's biological weapons program. The Washington Post, in November, 2001, also raised “the possibility that [this weaponized strain of anthrax] may have slipped through an informal network of scientists to Iraq.” Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) appeared on The David Letterman Show on October 18, 2001, and said: “There is some indication, and I don't have the conclusions, but some of this anthrax may -- and I emphasize may -- have come from Iraq.” Three days later, McCain appeared on Meet the Press with Sen. Joe Lieberman (D-CT) and said of the anthrax perpetrators: “perhaps this is an international organization and not one within the United States of America,” while Lieberman said the anthrax was so finely weaponized that “there's either a significant amount of money behind this, or this is state-sponsored, or this is stuff that was stolen from the former Soviet program” (Lieberman added: “Dr. Fauci can tell you more detail on that”).

In many ways, the prospect of a lethal, engineered biological agent randomly showing up in one's mailbox or contaminating local communities was more terrifying than the extraordinary 9/11 attack itself. All sorts of oddities shrouded the anthrax mailings, including this bizarre admission in 2008 by long-time Washington Post columnist Richard Cohen: “I had been told soon after Sept. 11 to secure Cipro, the antidote to anthrax. The tip had come in a roundabout way from a high government official. I was carrying Cipro way before most people had ever heard of it.” At the very least, those anthrax attacks played a vital role in heightening fear levels and a foundational sense of uncertainty that shaped U.S. discourse and politics for years to come. It meant that not just Americans living near key power centers such as Manhattan and Washington were endangered, but all Americans everywhere were: even from their own mailboxes.

The FBI first falsely cast suspicion on a former government scientist, Dr. Steven Hatfill, who had conducted research on mailing deadly anthrax strains. Following the FBI’s accusations, media outlets began dutifully implying that Hatfill was the culprit. A January, 2002, New York Times column by Nicholas Kristof began by declaring: “I think I know who sent out the anthrax last fall,” then, without naming him, proceeded to perfectly describe Hatfill in a way that made him easily identifiable to everyone in that research community. Hatfill sued the U.S. Government, which eventually ended up paying him close to $6 million in damages before officially and explicitly exonerating him and apologizing. His lawsuit against the NYT and Kristof was dismissed since he was never named by the paper, but the columnist also apologized to him six years later.

A full seven years after the attack, the FBI once again claimed that it had found the perpetrator: this time, it was the microbiologist Bruce Ivins, a long-time “biodefense” researcher at the U.S. Army’s infectious disease research lab in Fort Detrick, Maryland. Yet before he could be indicted, Ivins died, apparently by suicide, to avoid prosecution. As a result, the FBI was never required to prove its case in court. The agency insisted, however, that there was no doubt that Ivins was the anthrax killer, citing genetic analysis of the anthrax strain that they said conclusively matched the anthrax found in Ivins’ U.S. Army lab, along with circumstantial evidence pointing to him.

But virtually every mainstream institution other than the FBI harbored doubts. The New York Times quoted Ivins’ co-workers as calling into question the FBI’s claims (“The investigators looked around, they decided they had to find somebody”), and the paper also cited “vocal skepticism from key members of Congress.” Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT), one of the targets of the anthrax letters, said explicitly he did not believe Ivins could have carried out the attacks alone. Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA) and then-Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), a physicist, said the same to me in interviews. The nation’s three largest newspapers — The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal — all editorially called for independent investigations on the grounds that the FBI’s evidence was inconclusive if not outright unconvincing. One of the country’s most prestigious science journals, Nature, published an editorial under the headline “Case Not Closed,” arguing, about the FBI’s key claims, that “the jury is still out on those questions.”

When an independent investigation was finally conducted in 2011 into the FBI’s scientific claims against Ivins, much of that doubt converted into full-blown skepticism. As The New York Times put it — in a 2011 article headlined "Expert Panel Is Critical of F.B.I. Work in Investigating Anthrax Letters" — the review “concludes that the bureau overstated the strength of genetic analysis linking the mailed anthrax to a supply kept by Bruce E. Ivins.” A Washington Post article -- headlined: "Anthrax report casts doubt on scientific evidence in FBI case against Bruce Ivins" -- announced that "the report reignited a debate that has simmered among some scientists and others who have questioned the strength of the FBI's evidence against Ivins."

An in-depth joint investigation by ProPublica, PBS and McClatchy — published under the headline “New Evidence Adds Doubt to FBI’s Case Against Anthrax Suspect” — concluded that “newly available documents and the accounts of Ivins’ former colleagues shed fresh light on the evidence and, while they don't exonerate Ivins, are at odds with some of the science and circumstantial evidence that the government said would have convicted him of capital crimes.” It added: “even some of the government’s science consultants wonder whether the real killer is still at large.” The report itself, issued by the National Research Council, concluded that while the components of the anthrax in Ivins’ lab were “consistent” with the weaponized anthrax that had been sent, “the scientific link between the letter material and flask number RMR-1029 [found in Ivins’ lab] is not as conclusive as stated in the DOJ Investigative Summary."

In short, these were serious and widespread mainstream doubts about the FBI’s case against Ivins, and those have never been resolved. U.S. institutions seemingly agreed to simply move on without ever addressing lingering scientific and other evidentiary questions regarding whether Ivins was really involved in the anthrax attacks and, if so, how it was possible that he could have carried out this sophisticated attack within a top-secret U.S. Army lab acting alone. So whitewashed is this history that doubts about whether the FBI found the real perpetrator are now mocked by smug Smart People as a fringe conspiracy theory rather than what they had been: the consensus of mainstream institutions.

But what we do know for certain from this anthrax investigation is quite serious. And because it is quite relevant to the current debates over the origins of COVID-19, it is well-worth reviewing. A trove of emails from Dr. Anthony Fauci — who was the government’s top infectious disease specialist during the AIDS pandemic, the anthrax attacks, and the COVID pandemic — was published on Monday by BuzzFeed after they were produced pursuant to a FOIA request. Among other things, they reveal that in February and March of last year — at the time that Fauci and others were dismissing any real possibility that the coronavirus inadvertently escaped from a lab, to the point that the Silicon Valley monopolies Facebook and Google banned any discussion of that theory -- Fauci and his associates and colleagues were privately discussing the possibility that the virus had escaped from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, possibly as part of a U.S.-funded joint program with the scientists at that lab.

Last week, BBC reported that “in recent weeks the controversial claim that the pandemic might have leaked from a Chinese laboratory — once dismissed by many as a fringe conspiracy theory — has been gaining traction.” President Biden ordered an investigation into this lab-leak possibility. And with Democrats now open to this possibility, “Facebook reversed course Thursday and said that it would no longer remove posts that claim the virus is man-made,” reported The Washington Post. Nobody can rationally claim to know the origins of COVID, and that is exactly why — as I explained in an interview on the Rising program this morning — it should be so disturbing that Silicon Valley monopolies and the WHO/Fauci-led scientific community spent a full year pretending to have certainty about that “debunked” theory that they plainly did not possess, to the point where discussions of it were prohibited on social media.

What we know — but have largely forgotten — from the anthrax case is now vital to recall. What made the anthrax attacks of 2001 particularly frightening was how sophisticated and deadly the strain was. It was not naturally occurring anthrax. Scientists quickly identified it as the notorious Ames strain, which researchers at the U.S. Army lab in Fort Detrick had essentially invented. As PBS’ Frontline program put it in 2011: “in October 2001, Northern Arizona University microbiologist Dr. Paul Keim identified that the anthrax used in the attack letters was the Ames strain, a development he described as ‘chilling’ because that particular strain was developed in U.S. government laboratories.” As Dr. Keim recalled in that Frontline interview about his 2001 analysis of the anthrax strain:

We were surprised it was the Ames strain. And it was chilling at the same time, because the Ames strain is a laboratory strain that had been developed by the U.S. Army as a vaccine-challenge strain. We knew that it was highly virulent. In fact, that’s why the Army used it, because it represented a more potent challenge to vaccines that were being developed by the U.S. Army. It wasn’t just some random type of anthrax that you find in nature; it was a laboratory strain, and that was very significant to us, because that was the first hint that this might really be a bioterrorism event.

Why was the U.S. government creating exotic and extraordinarily deadly infectious bacterial strains and viruses that, even in small quantities, could kill large numbers of people? The official position of the U.S. Government is that it does not engage in offensive bioweapons research: meaning research designed to create weaponized viruses as weapons of war. The U.S. has signed treaties barring such research. But in the wake of the anthrax attacks — especially once the FBI’s own theory was that the anthrax was sent by a U.S. Army scientist from his stash at Fort Detrick — U.S. officials were forced to acknowledge that they do engage in defensive bioweapons research: meaning research designed to allow the development of vaccines and other defenses in the event that another country unleashes a biological attack.

But ultimately, that distinction barely matters. For both offensive and defensive bioweapons research, scientists must create, cultivate, manipulate and store non-natural viruses or infectious bacteria in their labs, whether to study them for weaponization or for vaccines. A fascinating-in-retrospect New Yorker article from March, 2002, featured the suspicions of molecular biologist Barbara Hatch Rosenberg, who had “strongly implied that the F.B.I. was moving much more slowly in its anthrax investigation than it had any reason to.” Like The New York Times, the magazine (without naming him) detailed her speculation that Dr. Hatfill was the perpetrator (though her theory about his motive — that he wanted to scare people about anthrax in order to increase funding for research — was virtually identical to the FBI’s ultimate accusations about Dr. Ivins’ motives).

But the key point that is particularly relevant now is what all of this said about the kind of very dangerous research the U.S. Government, along with other large governments, conducts in bioweapons research labs. Namely, they manufacture and store extremely lethal biological agents that, if they escape from the lab either deliberately or inadvertently, can jeopardize the human species. As the article put it:

The United States officially forswore biological-weapons development in 1969, and signed the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention, along with many other nations. But Rosenberg believes that the American bioweapons program, which won't allow itself to be monitored, may not be in strict compliance with the convention. If the perpetrator of the anthrax attacks is who she thinks it is, that would put the American program in a bad light, and it would prove that she was right to demand that the program be monitored.

If the government is saying that the perpetrator was probably an American, it's hard to imagine how it couldn't have been an American who worked in a government-supported bioweapons lab. Think back to the panicky month of October [2001]: would knowing that have made you less nervous, or more?

Having extensively reported on the FBI’s investigation into the anthrax case and ultimate claim to have solved it, I continue to share all the doubts that were so widely expressed at the time about whether any of that was true. But what we know for certain is that the U.S. government and other governments do conduct research which requires the manufacture of deadly viruses and infectious bacterial strains. Dr. Fauci has acknowledged that the U.S. government indirectly funded research by the Wuhan Institute of Virology into coronaviruses, though he denies that this was for so-called “gain of function” research, whereby naturally occurring viruses are manipulated to make them more transmissible and/or more harmful to humans.

We do not know for sure if the COVID-19 virus escaped from the Wuhan lab, another lab, or jumped from animals to humans. But what we do know for certain — from the anthrax investigation — is that governments most definitely conduct the sort of research that could produce novel coronaviruses. Dr. Rosenberg, the subject of the 2002 New Yorker article, was suggesting that the F.B.I. was purposely impeding its own investigation because they knew that the anthrax actually came from the U.S. government’s own lab and wanted to prevent exposure of the real bio-research that is done there. We should again ponder why the pervasive mainstream doubts about the F.B.I.’s case against Ivins have been memory-holed. We should also reflect on what we learned about government research into highly lethal viruses and bacterial strains from that still-strange episode.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Thanks for posting this! The anthrax attacks were the first thing that made me question what was going on with 9/11. And here is an interesting thought. Did the government FrankenScientists just shift from developing bioweapons like the Ames anthrax strain to "gain of function" once the U.S. officially got out of the bioweapons industry? @Anti Federalist what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Go to link for pictures of articles and other sources described below:

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the...-investigation

The FBI's Strange Anthrax Investigation Sheds Light on COVID Lab-Leak Theory and Fauci's Emails

Mainstream institutions doubted the FBI had solved the 2001 anthrax case. Either way, revelations that emerged about U.S. Government bio-labs have newfound relevance.

Glenn Greenwald

One of the most significant events of the last two decades has been largely memory-holed: the October, 2001 anthrax attacks in the U.S. Beginning just one week after 9/11 and extending for another three weeks, a highly weaponized and sophisticated strain of anthrax had been sent around the country through the U.S. Postal Service addressed to some of the country's most prominent political and media figures. As Americans were still reeling from the devastation of 9/11, the anthrax killed five Americans and sickened another seventeen.

As part of the extensive reporting I did on the subsequent FBI investigation to find the perpetrator(s), I documented how significant these attacks were in the public consciousness. ABC News, led by investigative reporter Brian Ross, spent a full week claiming that unnamed government sources told them that government tests demonstrated a high likelihood that the anthrax came from Saddam Hussein's biological weapons program. The Washington Post, in November, 2001, also raised “the possibility that [this weaponized strain of anthrax] may have slipped through an informal network of scientists to Iraq.” Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) appeared on The David Letterman Show on October 18, 2001, and said: “There is some indication, and I don't have the conclusions, but some of this anthrax may -- and I emphasize may -- have come from Iraq.” Three days later, McCain appeared on Meet the Press with Sen. Joe Lieberman (D-CT) and said of the anthrax perpetrators: “perhaps this is an international organization and not one within the United States of America,” while Lieberman said the anthrax was so finely weaponized that “there's either a significant amount of money behind this, or this is state-sponsored, or this is stuff that was stolen from the former Soviet program” (Lieberman added: “Dr. Fauci can tell you more detail on that”).

In many ways, the prospect of a lethal, engineered biological agent randomly showing up in one's mailbox or contaminating local communities was more terrifying than the extraordinary 9/11 attack itself. All sorts of oddities shrouded the anthrax mailings, including this bizarre admission in 2008 by long-time Washington Post columnist Richard Cohen: “I had been told soon after Sept. 11 to secure Cipro, the antidote to anthrax. The tip had come in a roundabout way from a high government official. I was carrying Cipro way before most people had ever heard of it.” At the very least, those anthrax attacks played a vital role in heightening fear levels and a foundational sense of uncertainty that shaped U.S. discourse and politics for years to come. It meant that not just Americans living near key power centers such as Manhattan and Washington were endangered, but all Americans everywhere were: even from their own mailboxes.

The FBI first falsely cast suspicion on a former government scientist, Dr. Steven Hatfill, who had conducted research on mailing deadly anthrax strains. Following the FBI’s accusations, media outlets began dutifully implying that Hatfill was the culprit. A January, 2002, New York Times column by Nicholas Kristof began by declaring: “I think I know who sent out the anthrax last fall,” then, without naming him, proceeded to perfectly describe Hatfill in a way that made him easily identifiable to everyone in that research community. Hatfill sued the U.S. Government, which eventually ended up paying him close to $6 million in damages before officially and explicitly exonerating him and apologizing. His lawsuit against the NYT and Kristof was dismissed since he was never named by the paper, but the columnist also apologized to him six years later.

A full seven years after the attack, the FBI once again claimed that it had found the perpetrator: this time, it was the microbiologist Bruce Ivins, a long-time “biodefense” researcher at the U.S. Army’s infectious disease research lab in Fort Detrick, Maryland. Yet before he could be indicted, Ivins died, apparently by suicide, to avoid prosecution. As a result, the FBI was never required to prove its case in court. The agency insisted, however, that there was no doubt that Ivins was the anthrax killer, citing genetic analysis of the anthrax strain that they said conclusively matched the anthrax found in Ivins’ U.S. Army lab, along with circumstantial evidence pointing to him.

But virtually every mainstream institution other than the FBI harbored doubts. The New York Times quoted Ivins’ co-workers as calling into question the FBI’s claims (“The investigators looked around, they decided they had to find somebody”), and the paper also cited “vocal skepticism from key members of Congress.” Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT), one of the targets of the anthrax letters, said explicitly he did not believe Ivins could have carried out the attacks alone. Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA) and then-Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), a physicist, said the same to me in interviews. The nation’s three largest newspapers — The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal — all editorially called for independent investigations on the grounds that the FBI’s evidence was inconclusive if not outright unconvincing. One of the country’s most prestigious science journals, Nature, published an editorial under the headline “Case Not Closed,” arguing, about the FBI’s key claims, that “the jury is still out on those questions.”

When an independent investigation was finally conducted in 2011 into the FBI’s scientific claims against Ivins, much of that doubt converted into full-blown skepticism. As The New York Times put it — in a 2011 article headlined "Expert Panel Is Critical of F.B.I. Work in Investigating Anthrax Letters" — the review “concludes that the bureau overstated the strength of genetic analysis linking the mailed anthrax to a supply kept by Bruce E. Ivins.” A Washington Post article -- headlined: "Anthrax report casts doubt on scientific evidence in FBI case against Bruce Ivins" -- announced that "the report reignited a debate that has simmered among some scientists and others who have questioned the strength of the FBI's evidence against Ivins."

An in-depth joint investigation by ProPublica, PBS and McClatchy — published under the headline “New Evidence Adds Doubt to FBI’s Case Against Anthrax Suspect” — concluded that “newly available documents and the accounts of Ivins’ former colleagues shed fresh light on the evidence and, while they don't exonerate Ivins, are at odds with some of the science and circumstantial evidence that the government said would have convicted him of capital crimes.” It added: “even some of the government’s science consultants wonder whether the real killer is still at large.” The report itself, issued by the National Research Council, concluded that while the components of the anthrax in Ivins’ lab were “consistent” with the weaponized anthrax that had been sent, “the scientific link between the letter material and flask number RMR-1029 [found in Ivins’ lab] is not as conclusive as stated in the DOJ Investigative Summary."

In short, these were serious and widespread mainstream doubts about the FBI’s case against Ivins, and those have never been resolved. U.S. institutions seemingly agreed to simply move on without ever addressing lingering scientific and other evidentiary questions regarding whether Ivins was really involved in the anthrax attacks and, if so, how it was possible that he could have carried out this sophisticated attack within a top-secret U.S. Army lab acting alone. So whitewashed is this history that doubts about whether the FBI found the real perpetrator are now mocked by smug Smart People as a fringe conspiracy theory rather than what they had been: the consensus of mainstream institutions.

But what we do know for certain from this anthrax investigation is quite serious. And because it is quite relevant to the current debates over the origins of COVID-19, it is well-worth reviewing. A trove of emails from Dr. Anthony Fauci — who was the government’s top infectious disease specialist during the AIDS pandemic, the anthrax attacks, and the COVID pandemic — was published on Monday by BuzzFeed after they were produced pursuant to a FOIA request. Among other things, they reveal that in February and March of last year — at the time that Fauci and others were dismissing any real possibility that the coronavirus inadvertently escaped from a lab, to the point that the Silicon Valley monopolies Facebook and Google banned any discussion of that theory -- Fauci and his associates and colleagues were privately discussing the possibility that the virus had escaped from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, possibly as part of a U.S.-funded joint program with the scientists at that lab.

Last week, BBC reported that “in recent weeks the controversial claim that the pandemic might have leaked from a Chinese laboratory — once dismissed by many as a fringe conspiracy theory — has been gaining traction.” President Biden ordered an investigation into this lab-leak possibility. And with Democrats now open to this possibility, “Facebook reversed course Thursday and said that it would no longer remove posts that claim the virus is man-made,” reported The Washington Post. Nobody can rationally claim to know the origins of COVID, and that is exactly why — as I explained in an interview on the Rising program this morning — it should be so disturbing that Silicon Valley monopolies and the WHO/Fauci-led scientific community spent a full year pretending to have certainty about that “debunked” theory that they plainly did not possess, to the point where discussions of it were prohibited on social media.

What we know — but have largely forgotten — from the anthrax case is now vital to recall. What made the anthrax attacks of 2001 particularly frightening was how sophisticated and deadly the strain was. It was not naturally occurring anthrax. Scientists quickly identified it as the notorious Ames strain, which researchers at the U.S. Army lab in Fort Detrick had essentially invented. As PBS’ Frontline program put it in 2011: “in October 2001, Northern Arizona University microbiologist Dr. Paul Keim identified that the anthrax used in the attack letters was the Ames strain, a development he described as ‘chilling’ because that particular strain was developed in U.S. government laboratories.” As Dr. Keim recalled in that Frontline interview about his 2001 analysis of the anthrax strain:

We were surprised it was the Ames strain. And it was chilling at the same time, because the Ames strain is a laboratory strain that had been developed by the U.S. Army as a vaccine-challenge strain. We knew that it was highly virulent. In fact, that’s why the Army used it, because it represented a more potent challenge to vaccines that were being developed by the U.S. Army. It wasn’t just some random type of anthrax that you find in nature; it was a laboratory strain, and that was very significant to us, because that was the first hint that this might really be a bioterrorism event.

Why was the U.S. government creating exotic and extraordinarily deadly infectious bacterial strains and viruses that, even in small quantities, could kill large numbers of people? The official position of the U.S. Government is that it does not engage in offensive bioweapons research: meaning research designed to create weaponized viruses as weapons of war. The U.S. has signed treaties barring such research. But in the wake of the anthrax attacks — especially once the FBI’s own theory was that the anthrax was sent by a U.S. Army scientist from his stash at Fort Detrick — U.S. officials were forced to acknowledge that they do engage in defensive bioweapons research: meaning research designed to allow the development of vaccines and other defenses in the event that another country unleashes a biological attack.

But ultimately, that distinction barely matters. For both offensive and defensive bioweapons research, scientists must create, cultivate, manipulate and store non-natural viruses or infectious bacteria in their labs, whether to study them for weaponization or for vaccines. A fascinating-in-retrospect New Yorker article from March, 2002, featured the suspicions of molecular biologist Barbara Hatch Rosenberg, who had “strongly implied that the F.B.I. was moving much more slowly in its anthrax investigation than it had any reason to.” Like The New York Times, the magazine (without naming him) detailed her speculation that Dr. Hatfill was the perpetrator (though her theory about his motive — that he wanted to scare people about anthrax in order to increase funding for research — was virtually identical to the FBI’s ultimate accusations about Dr. Ivins’ motives).

But the key point that is particularly relevant now is what all of this said about the kind of very dangerous research the U.S. Government, along with other large governments, conducts in bioweapons research labs. Namely, they manufacture and store extremely lethal biological agents that, if they escape from the lab either deliberately or inadvertently, can jeopardize the human species. As the article put it:

The United States officially forswore biological-weapons development in 1969, and signed the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention, along with many other nations. But Rosenberg believes that the American bioweapons program, which won't allow itself to be monitored, may not be in strict compliance with the convention. If the perpetrator of the anthrax attacks is who she thinks it is, that would put the American program in a bad light, and it would prove that she was right to demand that the program be monitored.

If the government is saying that the perpetrator was probably an American, it's hard to imagine how it couldn't have been an American who worked in a government-supported bioweapons lab. Think back to the panicky month of October [2001]: would knowing that have made you less nervous, or more?

Having extensively reported on the FBI’s investigation into the anthrax case and ultimate claim to have solved it, I continue to share all the doubts that were so widely expressed at the time about whether any of that was true. But what we know for certain is that the U.S. government and other governments do conduct research which requires the manufacture of deadly viruses and infectious bacterial strains. Dr. Fauci has acknowledged that the U.S. government indirectly funded research by the Wuhan Institute of Virology into coronaviruses, though he denies that this was for so-called “gain of function” research, whereby naturally occurring viruses are manipulated to make them more transmissible and/or more harmful to humans.

We do not know for sure if the COVID-19 virus escaped from the Wuhan lab, another lab, or jumped from animals to humans. But what we do know for certain — from the anthrax investigation — is that governments most definitely conduct the sort of research that could produce novel coronaviruses. Dr. Rosenberg, the subject of the 2002 New Yorker article, was suggesting that the F.B.I. was purposely impeding its own investigation because they knew that the anthrax actually came from the U.S. government’s own lab and wanted to prevent exposure of the real bio-research that is done there. We should again ponder why the pervasive mainstream doubts about the F.B.I.’s case against Ivins have been memory-holed. We should also reflect on what we learned about government research into highly lethal viruses and bacterial strains from that still-strange episode.

It's time for a serious Sherman antitrust case against Facebook, Twitter and Google that takes into acount congressional testimony that showed colusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Thanks for posting this! The anthrax attacks were the first thing that made me question what was going on with 9/11. And here is an interesting thought. Did the government FrankenScientists just shift from developing bioweapons like the Ames anthrax strain to "gain of function" once the U.S. officially got out of the bioweapons industry? @Anti Federalist what are your thoughts?
    Did you ever read The Hot Zone by Richard Preston? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hot_Zone

I remember reading this in the 90's. It goes in depth on the research protocols on the most deadly viruses known to man. And how easily those protocols are broken and lab leaks can happen. Once you read that book, you'll never look at the CDC or USAMRIID the same.

When I read that book, I was living within a stone's throw of Fort Detrick, Maryland where USAMRIID (US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases) is located! Pretty scary!

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Posted on March 20, 2020 by State of the Nation
    http://stateofthenation.co/?p=9469
    COVID-19 originated at the US Military’s bio-weapons lab at Fort Detrick (which was shut down by the CDC in July, because of outbreaks)

Lets wait till investigations are completed and all the facts are outed.

But if it is found that any CDC DOC played a sitting rookie POTUS throughout 2020/forced lockdowns & economic shutdown/WARP speed spending spree taking advantage of his naivete, there should be congressional hearings and accountability.

This revelation will bring back in focus a very troubling question, who was playing games and who was getting played?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Lets wait till investigations are completed and all the facts are outed.

But if it is found that any CDC DOC played a sitting rookie POTUS throughout 2020/forced lockdowns & economic shutdown/WARP speed spending spree taking advantage of his naivete, there should be congressional hearings and accountability.

This revelation will bring back in focus a very troubling question, who was playing games and who was getting played?
    DJT was the greatest and most conservative president of my lifetime. He was also the smartest by far, and the best negotiator. He ran circles around his political opponents and constantly tricked them into doing his bidding while making it look like they were opposing him.

The only reason we sit here now with so little to show for it is because he was a hapless patsy who surrounded himself with the wrong people and got manipulated by them.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    DJT was the greatest and most conservative president of my lifetime. He was also the smartest by far, and the best negotiator. He ran circles around his political opponents and constantly tricked them into doing his bidding while making it look like they were opposing him.

The only reason we sit here now with so little to show for it is because he was a hapless patsy who surrounded himself with the wrong people and got manipulated by them.
    Let's not assign any responsibility to POTUS-in-chief overseeing all the agencies heads, that tends to disturb political harmony.

Rookie naive leaders do get elected to highest office once in a while but that does not give clever unelected officials the right to play naive leaders like a drum.. those who do should be held accountable.

Yep! I've been frustrated as hell this past year. One thing I have asked the "I trust the science" idiots over and over again this past year is "Can you explain to me why gain of function is a good thing?" I have never gotten a response to that question. Never! This isn't "news." This was talked about in Newsweek last year. Newsweek was quoting concerns raised by scientists in the Journal Nature from 2015. And note the backpeddling of Dr. Fauci. He didn't defend the research. He knows he can't. He never answered Rand with "I have never funded gain of function research." It was always "I have never funded gain of function research at the Wuhan institute." Ummmm...Why is anyone anywhere ALLOWED to do gain of function research let alone paid to do it? I can't own a machine gun because I might kill a hundred people, but some jackass scientist can purposefully do research that might end the human race? And....that's somehow okay? Seriously?

We have become so dumbed down as a people that idiots think trusting jackasses on TV that happen to have a degree in something equals being "enlightened." No. No it doesn't. Science = skepticism. You should trust the scientific method and not trust "the science" as in trusting someone else to apply the scientific method on your behalf. That is childish.

Edit: And I have to add this in here. GOD BLESS RAND PAUL! Without his unwavering courage on this issue this wouldn't even be a conversation outside of those of us who actually think for ourselves and those who happen to watch a Ben Swann video with even a partially open mind. Every dollar I ever donated to any of his political campaigns, and I know that wasn't much, was well worth it.
    The Left loves their appeals to authority. With Fauci it's "trust the science". With AG Barr it was "no election fraud".

Absolutely zero critical thinking.

I blame standardized testing.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ummmm...Why is anyone anywhere ALLOWED to do gain of function research let alone paid to do it?
    One thing that Fauci said in one of his grillings by Rand that was almost a throwaway line was something like, "They didn't do gain of function research. But even if they did, they did it within the guidelines."

I thought that last bit was remarkable, and I wished Rand had zeroed in on it.

What exactly are "the guidelines"? And if they did gain of function research, why would these guidelines make it ok?

And on top of that, which one is the answer you're giving Fauci? You can't dogmatically say that they definitely did not do gain of function research at all one second and then one second after that say they might have done it within certain guidelines.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Name:  493F1BBD-1365-4808-994B-BD8FEED18FB9.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  20.2 KB
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Did you ever read The Hot Zone by Richard Preston? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hot_Zone

I remember reading this in the 90's. It goes in depth on the research protocols on the most deadly viruses known to man. And how easily those protocols are broken and lab leaks can happen. Once you read that book, you'll never look at the CDC or USAMRIID the same.

When I read that book, I was living within a stone's throw of Fort Detrick, Maryland where USAMRIID (US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases) is located! Pretty scary!
    Very interesting! I have not read it. I will. Thanks for the recomendation.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    who was playing games and who was getting played[/URL]?
    I have called Bull$hit from the very start.

This is a Massive Psyop
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    One thing that Fauci said in one of his grillings by Rand that was almost a throwaway line was something like, "They didn't do gain of function research. But even if they did, they did it within the guidelines."

I thought that last bit was remarkable, and I wished Rand had zeroed in on it.

What exactly are "the guidelines"? And if they did gain of function research, why would these guidelines make it ok?

And on top of that, which one is the answer you're giving Fauci? You can't dogmatically say that they definitely did not do gain of function research at all one second and then one second after that say they might have done it within certain guidelines.
    Good catch! Yeah, I thought about that at the time then it went down the memory hole. How could Fauci know the research was being done within the guidelines if he didn't even know the research was going on?

Good catch! Yeah, I thought about that at the time then it went down the memory hole. How could Fauci know the research was being done within the guidelines if he didn't even know the research was going on?
    @jmdrake

Sen. Paul Argues Fauci Committed Perjury in Testimony on Wuhan Coronavirus Research

https://www.westernjournal.com/sen-p...irus-research/

Taylor Penley

May 26, 2021 at 11:49am

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul launched a fiery accusation toward National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci this week.

During his appearance Tuesday on the Real America’s Voice program “The Water Cooler,” Paul was asked if he thought Fauci “perjured himself” before a recent Senate committee hearing on the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Paul’s answer was unequivocal: “Absolutely. He lied to the American people.”

Paul cited the work of Chinese virologist Dr. Shi Zhengli, director of the Wuhan Institute of Virology, the virus research laboratory in the same region where the coronavirus pandemic first reached the public.

In particular, he focused on “gain of function” research, which Paul described at a May 11 Senate hearing as “juicing up naturally occurring animal viruses to infect humans.”

Funding for Shi’s research came from Fauci’s agency, which is a part of the National Institutes of Health, Paul said on “The Water Cooler.”

“There was gain of function research going on with this Dr. Shi Zhengli at the Wuhan Institute,” Paul said. “In her paper, she actually thanks Dr. Fauci and NIAID which is a part of NIH Dr. Fauci runs.”

.@RandPaul is absolutely going in on Dr. Fauci, claims he committed perjury during his recent testimony before Congresspic.twitter.com/AH8QZi2Qd9

— Young Americans for Liberty (@YALiberty) May 25, 2021

“It’s listed at the end of the paper,” Paul added. “The paper was funded by NIAID research and it lists a 10-digit number that identifies the research money that she got from the United States.”

According to Breitbart, Paul’s perjury allegation stems from the May 11 Senate hearing where he questioned the NIAID director directly.

“To arrive at the truth, the U.S. government should admit that the Wuhan Virology Institute was experimenting to enhance the coronavirus’s ability to infect humans,” Paul said in his preliminary remarks.

“Juicing up superviruses is not new,” Paul said. “Scientists in the U.S. have long known how to mutate animal viruses to infect humans.”

He cited the work of Dr. Ralph Baric, a virologist at the University of North Carolina, who teamed up with Shi on research.

“For years, Dr. Ralph Baric, a virologist in the U.S., has been collaborating with Dr. Shi Zhengli of the Wuhan Virology Institute, sharing his discoveries about how to create superviruses. This gain of function research has been funded by the NIH. The collaboration between the U.S. and the Wuhan Virology Institute continues.”

“Drs. Baric and Shi worked together to insert bat virus spike protein into the backbone of the deadly SARS virus, and then used this manmade supervirus to infect human airway cells."

“Think about that for a moment,” he said. “The SARS virus had a 15 percent mortality. We’re fighting a pandemic that has about a 1 percent mortality. Can you imagine if a SARS virus that’s been juiced up and had viral proteins added to it … if that were released accidentally?”

After several moments, Paul arrived at his question, specifically regarding the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

“Dr. Fauci, do you still support funding of the NIH funding of the lab in Wuhan?” he asked.

Fauci adjusted his microphone before addressing the question.

“Sen. Paul, with all due respect, you are entirely, entirely, and completely incorrect,” he responded. “The NIH has not ever and does not now fund gain of function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.”

However, when Paul pressed about Baric’s work, Fauci initially denied Baric participated in “gain of function” research, then immediately shifted to say, “If [he] is, it’s according to guidelines and it is being conducted in North Carolina, not in China.”

Despite Fauci‘s vehement denial, Paul continued to press the issue, noting that “at least 200 scientists have signed a statement from The Cambridge Working Group saying that it is gain of function.”

Fauci still did not directly address Paul’s question regarding his support for NIH funding for the Wuhan Institute of Virology, so Paul added another interesting factor to the equation.

“We did [send money] under your tutelage, we were sending [it] through EcoHealth, it was a subagency and a subgrant. Do you support that the money from the NIH was going to the Wuhan Institute?” Paul asked.

The two men — who are no strangers to confrontation — then sparred over whether the work being conducted could actually be termed “gain of function” research, but it was pretty clear by that point that Paul was not taking Fauci’s word at face value.

He wouldn’t be alone in that, of course. It appears Fauci’s story is rife with vagueness and contradictions, similar to his flip-flops on other COVID-related issues. (Remember his switching mask narrative?)

In the comments under the CSPAN video on YouTube‘s Paul-Fauci exchange, some viewers noted how swiftly the CDC changed its COVID-19 guidelines after these allegations came forth.

Though this may be a coincidence, it’s sure to rouse the skeptics who believed the official stories of COVID’s origins were shady all along.

If Paul’s allegations are found to be true and Fauci lied about gain of function research under oath, things could get interesting.

Will we ever get to the bottom of COVID’s origin? Maybe we’ll find out exactly what happened someday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast