Thread: The Subjective Nature Of Mental Illness As A Form Of Gun Control

The Subjective Nature Of Mental Illness As A Form Of Gun Control

Interesting read concerning "mental illness" and gun control.

A dude with tits, who thinks he's a woman, is the assistant HHS =/= "mental illness."

An individual that believes in nature's laws and Nature's God and the right to self-defense = "mentally ill."

Subjective indeed.

Once again, the Second Amendment is under an all-out assault by the left. H.R. 127 would ̶ ̶ among other unconstitutional things ̶ ̶ require a mental health screening before purchasing a firearm. This has been in the works for some time and in many instances, coercive mental health laws are already being used as a means of confiscating legally owned guns. Red-flag laws allow authorities to strip a person of their constitutionally protected right under the mere suspicion of what someone may consider bizarre or threatening behavior. In other words, under red-flag laws, an individual can report a gun owner to authorities if they think they are behaving strangely. The reported person has no knowledge of such a report and has no recourse. He is in fact at this point, guilty until he can prove he is not a threat to society. H.R. 127 would turn a constitutionally protected right into a privilege that one must prove they are fit to exercise. Who is defining mental fitness/illness? How effective are the surveys and, are there other tests that can prove beyond a reasonable doubt the existence of a mental illness? In defense of the right to keep and bear arms, this article will address these questions to give Second Amendment advocates the information needed to fight this bill.
    According to Dr. Nathaniel Lehrman, the term mental illness was once reserved for those exhibiting such bizarre behavior, they were unable to function as a member of society. Today, anyone exhibiting symptoms of behaviors that we all experience, such as sadness and anxiety, could be labeled mentally ill. The danger of being forced to submit to a psychiatric evaluation before purchasing a firearm lies in the inherent biases of those in the profession defining what mental illness is. Look at the DSM V, for example. There are over 300 mental health diagnoses that are all based on observations of behavior alone, with no tests of any kind to back them up. If you were given a survey, it is likely that they will be able to diagnose you with any one of these disorders and then label you mentally ill. If that sounds a bit fantastical, it is already happening in the public schools. According to Lehrman, public schools were forced to implement the teen screening program in 2006 with the intent of identifying, “hidden mental illness” for the purpose of prescribing appropriate treatment. The treatment of course, is psychiatric medication. Thousands of school children, based only on the results of the teen screen survey, are prescribed powerful drugs for diagnoses ranging from ADHD to obsessive-compulsive disorder.
    If personality defects are now the standard-bearer for identifying mental illness, then it stands to reason there are certain traits which define what is or is not an acceptable personality. Looking at this from the perspective of gun control and H.R. 127, this can have major repercussions. Mental illness could, in theory, be defined as a resistance to government authority simply for refusing to comply with gun control efforts. We have already seen a willingness on the part of our government to label those that oppose gun control, as potential extremists.
    https://thewashingtonstandard.com/th...f-gun-control/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People who believe in the 2nd Amendment are not mentally ill.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    People who believe in the 2nd Amendment are not mentally ill.
    Our enemies believe just the opposite.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

'Mental illness' has always been subjective and it's always been used to demonize people with differing mindsets.

Using the subjective to strip constitutionally protected rights is a new thing, up until now a person had to act illegally not just talk/think contrary to public sentiment.

Scary times.

Who gains pitting neighbor against neighbor?

Just wait until this becomes quantified somehow. To much wrongthink.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Our enemies believe just the opposite.
    The ONLY reason they do not want it is because they are the ONLY ONES that should be afraid when we need to use our 2nd Amendment Rights to defend ourselves from their agresses.

Here is one of but many points to certify Gun Ownership as not being a threat. AF I am sure has some guns. I dont give a $#@! because I have no intention of giving him a reason to use them on me. I dont plan on stealing his $#@!, trying to kill him, molesting his children, or even urinating in his cheerios.

The people that are afraid of the 2nd Amendment DO plan on doing all of those things that I said I would never do. I do not do them, not because he has guns but out of RESPECT. As a self governed citizen, I take responsibility for my own actions by not committing atrocities against other people. They do not recognize anyone else as deserving of respect. They govern by FEAR and VIOLENCE.

AOC was most likely $#@!ting her britches because she DOES intend on having an army of govt thugs take everything you own and obediently giving it to her. How does she pull that off? He is "mentally ill" and FEAR MONGERING any who enforce her LAWS OF THEFT.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    From your Sig...

So what happens when the Psychologists and Psychiatrists become the ENEMY of REAL MENTAL HEALTH? They manipulate the people with insufficient psychological defenses against their brainwashing? You end up with a SUBSERVIENT MINDSET.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whoever controls speech controls the diction of said speech. That's one of these long game moves that the left has been utilizing over the last 4-5 years in getting certain words banned and redefined.

Enter gun control and mental illness, etc. If they can define what they deem to be a mental illness and prevent you from owning guns, well, we've been seeing it play out and the right and libertarians both have been sitting on their hands. Sorry, but it's the truth.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    From your Sig...

So what happens when the Psychologists and Psychiatrists become the ENEMY of REAL MENTAL HEALTH?
    I believe they have been,, for the most part.

The Industry was complicit with Government before I became aware,,, in the 70s..

No one was ever prosecuted for the Crimes of MKultra.

and they sell Mind Control Meds to the whole country now.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I believe they have been,, for the most part.

The Industry was complicit with Government before I became aware,,, in the 70s..

No one was ever prosecuted for the Crimes of MKultra.

and they sell Mind Control Meds to the whole country now.
    And apply nearly everything that has a Negative Consequence to the People in nearly every aspect of our lives. The technology, the hypnotic states people to into while watching TV and believing those characters to be 'real' (suspension of disbelief), the drugs, the tactics, the propaganda. We have nearly zero Positive Psychology around today. Sadly its one of the things we SHOULD be using, to awaken people, push them out of denial, actually help them. Those are the things that are all PROHIBITED, DEAD, and BURIED.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    We have nearly zero Positive Psychology around today. Sadly its one of the things we SHOULD be using, to awaken people, push them out of denial, actually help them. Those are the things that are all PROHIBITED, DEAD, and BURIED.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Gun control freaks generally love talking about how much of a problem mental illness is and how people should have more access to it (which means more tax dollars going to shrinks). But then at the same time they want to tell people that if they get diagnosed with something they will lose their 2nd Amendment rights!

How the hell does this make sense? I'm sure not going to seek out counseling if I'm depressed if it's going to take away my guns.

Now if someone has a history of violent crime and attempted murder or something I really don't think they should be able to own guns. However even the government implementation of that can potentially end up worse than the initial problem.
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 01-31-2021 at 09:26 PM.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Well the FBI and who ever else needs to stop mind controlling individuals into mindlessly going and shooting places up so they can create a narrative about gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Gun control freaks generally love talking about how much of a problem mental illness is and how people should have more access to it (which means more tax dollars going to shrinks). But then at the same time they want to tell people that if they get diagnosed with something they will lose their 2nd Amendment rights!

How the hell does this make sense? I'm sure not going to seek out counseling if I'm depressed if it's going to take away my guns.

Now if someone has a history of violent crime and attempted murder or something I really don't think they should be able to own guns. However even the government implementation of that can potentially end up worse than the initial problem.
    Gun Control IS Gun Violence

When you disarm the honest man, all you do is prevent him from being able to defend that which he has to legitimately defend against anyone who intends to take those things from him, and it rightfully gives his aggressors reason to pause and reconsider maybe it isnt a good idea to take on a well armed victim, for there is no such thing.

And that is EXACTLY the Leftist Policy, to shift EVERYONE into a Victim of Everyone Else.
    1776 > 1984