Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three out of five Texans support secession if Hillary becomes president

Three out of five Texans support secession if Hillary becomes president

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/e...on-9146807.php

According to poll results from Public Policy Polling released Tuesday, three out of five Texans said they would support seceding from America if Hillary Clinton becomes president.

The left-leaning polling firm learned Donald Trump leads 50 percent to Hillary Clinton's 44 percent after polling Texans. According to the polling results from PPP, only one out of four Texans support seceding from America generally. But when faced with the possibility of a President Hillary Clinton, a majority of Texans said they'd rather leave.

PPP is known for asking offbeat and sometimes humorous questions. In December, the firm discovered 30 percent - about one out of three - Republican primary voters supported bombing Agrabah, the fictional Arabian city from Aladdin. The survey didn't ask if people knew Agrabah doesn't actually exist.

PPP found Texans overall have an unfavorable opinion of both candidates (59 percent for Clinton and 53 percent for Trump).
    and change the name to Benghazi and she will ignore it

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So some people would vote for Hillary yet would want to leave if she got the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I call BS. Texas always sabre rattles about secession but when push comes to shove, they bow down and lick the feds boot and take the feds money and do what the feds mandate.

I hope I live to see the day when Texas gives a middle finger to DC, but I'm not holding my breath.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Oh geez. This almost sounds like a reason to vote for Hillary.

Yay secession!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

If Hillary wins, Texas should absolutely talk about seceding.

But we shouldn't actually do it, obviously. America is awesome.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If Hillary wins, Texas should absolutely talk about seceding.

That and vote on it of course.

That is rediculous, 3/5! what the hell is wrong with the other 2?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I call BS. Texas always sabre rattles about secession but when push comes to shove, they bow down and lick the feds boot and take the feds money and do what the feds mandate.

I hope I live to see the day when Texas gives a middle finger to DC, but I'm not holding my breath.
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
    That is rediculous, 3/5! what the hell is wrong with the other 2?
    they are mexican

9 out of 10 Texans that don't live in a city want secession regardless.......

Texas seceding would be a dream come true.

Emphasis on dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Three out of five Texans support secession if Hillary becomes president
    Get back to me when three out of five Texans support secession regardless of who becomes president.

Then we'll finally be getting somewhere ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So some people would vote for Hillary yet would want to leave if she got the job?
    Why not?

Hell, I'd vote for Hillary in a heartbeat if I seriously thought there was a decent chance my state would actually secede if she were elected.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Rick Perry will Make Texas Great Again!!!

The establishment Republicans in TX won't even allow a vote on Constitutional Carry, much less secession. And in fact the party voted against it: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/13/politi...op-convention/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

they thought the pollster said succeed

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But they'll stay if Trump is elected? They want liberal, just not as obvious as Hitlery.

I support secession if SMOD wins the election. (or anybody else..)
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    But they'll stay if Trump is elected? They want liberal, just not as obvious as Hitlery.
    Anyone who secedes because they genuinely want Trump is going to immediately construct a new authoritarian state just as onerous as what we already have at the federal level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Or perhaps there are more rational explanations.

Like for instance the population of likely voters in Texas, and the population of Texans are overlapping groups but not synonymous groups, and thus the results for the two groups differ.

Or perhaps some people are not willing to vote for either of the two choices offered (some choosing a third party or no candidate) and thus are not included in the two choice poll, but would support secession if the result were Hitlary.

Or perhaps those people would support secession no matter who won.

Now the real question is, how to convince the other 40% of Texans to support. If at first you don't secede, well then ..
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

My understanding of Texas is that they are all talk. It took them a hell of a fight just to get open carry. Lol at any state that prides themselves in "freedom" and has to battle gun rights.

Their two largest cities are a Progressives wet dream. They can talk all day long about their secession, but it seems that Texas luvs their gubment.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

yep, Texas has been all hat and no cattle for a long time now
    posted the OP for amusements sake

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    My understanding of Texas is that they are all talk. It took them a hell of a fight just to get open carry. Lol at any state that prides themselves in "freedom" and has to battle gun rights.

Their two largest cities are a Progressives wet dream. They can talk all day long about their secession, but it seems that Texas luvs their gubment.
    Austin for sure .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Austin for sure .
    I think it's just large metro areas in general. My state sure is no bastion of the right either. Richmond and Arlington Va and pretty much the entirety of NVA is a cesspool of SJW and establishment government shills.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it's just large metro areas in general. My state sure is no bastion of the right either. Richmond and Arlington Va and pretty much the entirety of NVA is a cesspool of SJW and establishment government shills.
    No kidding. I avoid NVA like it's a nuclear test site. No stopping in NVA, just drive right through it.

Richmond city itself is pretty bad but the outskirts are good. I actually work with and know a lot of liberty-minded people, which is surprising to me.
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    No kidding. I avoid NVA like it's a nuclear test site. No stopping in NVA, just drive right through it.
    You're a liar. There is no such thing as "driving right through" Northern Virginia without stopping. And rolling forward. And stopping. And rolling forward.

NoVA isn't really the SJW wasteland Todd makes it out to be. It's positively infested with government stooges, though. And all these good little nuts and bolts of the war machine all vote R. They're all horrible, horrible people, but they're not SJWs.

We've elected some pretty conservative state level reps from NoVA in the past too. And the Democrats tend to be more Jim Webb-ish than Nanci Pelosi-ish.

Plus we have better food than anywhere on this coast besides NYC.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    You're a liar. There is no such thing as "driving right through" Northern Virginia without stopping. And rolling forward. And stopping. And rolling forward.

NoVA isn't really the SJW wasteland Todd makes it out to be. It's positively infested with government stooges, though. And all these good little nuts and bolts of the war machine all vote R. They're all horrible, horrible people, but they're not SJWs.

We've elected some pretty conservative state level reps from NoVA in the past too. And the Democrats tend to be more Jim Webb-ish than Nanci Pelosi-ish.

Plus we have better food than anywhere on this coast besides NYC.
    I've been through NVA many times traveling to Michigan, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania and everyone and their mom knows the traffic is terrible, especially since I usually pass through DC. But you know what I meant by stopping in NVA, you're just being obtuse for the sake of being condescending. I also take offense to being accused of being a liar. That's an extreme accusation with no evidence to back it up other than you being overly offended.

Todd said SJWs and government shills. You've apparently run into plenty of government shills. I will admit, SJW is a overly harsh term to use, but I have met plenty of liberal people from NVA so forgive me if it has given me the wrong picture. But I've also been to several spots in NVA in the past, such as the mall up there, and what I saw and talked to was not R-voting government apologists, brother.
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    I've been through NVA many times traveling to Michigan, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania and everyone and their mom knows the traffic is terrible, especially since I usually pass through DC. But you know what I meant by stopping in NVA, you're just being obtuse for the sake of being condescending. I also take offense to being accused of being a liar. That's an extreme accusation with no evidence to back it up other than you being overly offended.

Todd said SJWs and government shills. You've apparently run into plenty of government shills. I will admit, SJW is a overly harsh term to use, but I have met plenty of liberal people from NVA so forgive me if it has given me the wrong picture. But I've also been to several spots in NVA in the past, such as the mall up there, and what I saw and talked to was not R-voting government apologists, brother.
    Take it easy, it's a joke.

There are quite a lot of people not from the US here. None of them are SJWs. I realize they don't count as people to most of the posters on this forum. If you're one of the bat$#@! crazy America-haters like me who considers them human beings, then they weight the balance pretty heavily on the "not SJW retards" side.

There are quite a few white and black liberals. But very few people trying to allow men to use the ladies' room. And once you remove all the immigrants and all the war machine people, even the sane liberals aren't as prolific as you'd think.

I don't know which mall you're talking about... there are dozens. And none of them is worth visiting for anything, ever, unless you like hanging out with the SJWs who overrepresent a sample population there.

The main reason Virginia is purple at best and usually blue during elections, is because the R party has chosen to back people like Cuccinelli. If the Virginia Republican Party would pull its head out of its ass and stop telling the people of the commonwealth they can't receive blowjobs from their wives of 20 years in the privacy of their homes, they'd get back into power pretty easily.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Take it easy, it's a joke.

There are quite a lot of people not from the US here. None of them are SJWs. I realize they don't count as people to most of the posters on this forum. If you're one of the bat$#@! crazy America-haters like me who considers them human beings, then they weight the balance pretty heavily on the "not SJW retards" side.

There are quite a few white and black liberals. But very few people trying to allow men to use the ladies' room. And once you remove all the immigrants and all the war machine people, even the sane liberals aren't as prolific as you'd think.

I don't know which mall you're talking about... there are dozens. And none of them is worth visiting for anything, ever, unless you like hanging out with the SJWs who overrepresent a sample population there.

The main reason Virginia is purple at best and usually blue during elections, is because the R party has chosen to back people like Cuccinelli. If the Virginia Republican Party would pull its head out of its ass and stop telling the people of the commonwealth they can't receive blowjobs from their wives of 20 years in the privacy of their homes, they'd get back into power pretty easily.
    It's hard to tell sometimes when people are joking on here. I wish I could some of the posts I've seen were jokes but they were completely serious. Sorry that I blew up a little on you, buddy. I got called a liar recently on here before and the poster was completely serious. We settled our dispute, but I guess I got a little cranky thinking that was how people were starting to view me or something.

I believe it was the Potomac Mills mall. Though that is so dangerously close to DC it might even be considered part of the DC culture.

To be honest, you live in NVA and I don't, so really, you'd know better than I do. Just ignore most of what I said. I have to revisit to get a fresh taste. As for the purpleness of VA, that's a fair assessment. I know a few northerners who came down here to VA to escape the liberal culture of the North blame it on other liberal northerners moving into the state, but I don't feel the same.
    We Must Dissent.

That's largely because of a bunch of leeches from California have invaded the state.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast