Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dianne Feinstein Acknowledges Having A Secret Brett Kavanaugh Document

A key Republican joined Democrats in demanding further investigation of a woman’s allegation that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually attacked her decades ago in high school before a crucial Judiciary committee vote to move the nomination forward.
    President Donald Trump won’t withdraw the nomination, a White House official said Sunday, as a court choice that had appeared on track for quick confirmation days earlier was engulfed by new questions on the judge’s fitness for the post.
    One Judiciary Committee Republican, Jeff Flake of Arizona, told Politico he is "not comfortable voting yes" on the nomination until he hears more about Ford’s allegation. "We need to hear from her. And I don’t think I’m alone in this," Politico quoted him as saying. Flake’s office didn’t immediately respond to a request to verify the comments.

More at: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-comes-forward

Flake the flake strikes again, of all the reasons he could oppose Kavanaugh he chose this?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Flake the flake strikes again, of all the reasons he could oppose Kavanaugh he chose this?
    Fate of Kavan in the end may depend on GOP moderates like Flake, Lindsey Graham, Ivanka etc.

If GOP moderates struck again leading to defeats for Kavan in SCOTUS and DeSantis in FL on the heels of Roy Moore getting struck by Ivanka Trump in AL, GOP conservative base may get bit demoralized and find it harder to recover during upcoming midterms.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Fate of Kavan in the end may depend on GOP moderates like Flake, Lindsey Graham, Ivanka etc.

If GOP moderates struck again leading to defeats for Kavan in SCOTUS and DeSantis in FL on the heels of Roy Moore getting struck by Ivanka Trump in AL, GOP conservative base may get bit demoralized and find it harder to recover during upcoming midterms.
    Or maybe they will turn out to give Trump a bigger Senate Majority so the RINOs can't cause trouble so easily.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    If the issue was his qualifications that would be a different matter. They are not discussing that. They are making up some nonsense that they want people to believe happened back in high school. That’s pretty close to slander.
    Its a distraction to get you to fall in line behind a nominee that otherwise you should have serious reservations about. Do you really think Feinstein has a problem with Kavanaugh??? The fact that this is the weak crap they come up with (unsubstantiated bs) to feign opposition, instead of genuine issues as a judge, should be a clue that its meant to direct you to support Kav and ignore his much bigger issues. Besides he already has the votes so its all theater.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Its a distraction to get you to fall in line behind a nominee that otherwise you should have serious reservations about. Do you really think Feinstein has a problem with Kavanaugh??? The fact that this is the weak crap they come up with (unsubstantiated bs) to feign opposition, instead of genuine issues as a judge, should be a clue that its meant to direct you to support Kav and ignore his much bigger issues. Besides he already has the votes so its all theater.
    Except that Feinstein doesn't oppose him for any reason with which we would agree, she is in favor of all of the positions he holds that we don't like, if she attacked him about the things of substance she does oppose him for it would come out like a paid support commercial to anyone to the right of Lenin, that is why she and the others have to make up this garbage to attack him with.

I didn't want him and I will be pleased at the opportunity to see him replaced by Lee if he gets shot down but there are many worse choices Trump could have made.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So it’s okay to impugn a man’s character to force votes, even if it is a lie?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

So are they freaking out about Kavanaugh simply because "Teh balance of Power!" is on the line?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Except that Feinstein doesn't oppose him for any reason with which we would agree, she is in favor of all of the positions he holds that we don't like, if she attacked him about the things of substance she does oppose him for it would come out like a paid support commercial to anyone to the right of Lenin, that is why she and the others have to make up this garbage to attack him with.

I didn't want him and I will be pleased at the opportunity to see him replaced by Lee if he gets shot down but there are many worse choices Trump could have made.
    Kav and Feinstein agree on the big issues, like war and spending (but I repeat myself), and banker control and yada yada, all the $#@! that never changes regardless of which party is in "power" or who's on SCOTUS. But sure, they'll act like they're opposed on emotional triggers like unsubstantiated allegations of sexual assault from 50 years ago. Why? Because it's an emotional manipulation to create an appearance of opposition when there otherwise is none. SCOTUS is made up entirely of 'Catholics' and 'Jewish' (but are all Sabbateans in reality. Google if term is not familiar.)

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    So it’s okay to impugn a man’s character to force votes, even if it is a lie?
    Absolutely. Kavanaugh knows it's theater because he knows what's really going on.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-17-2018 at 06:33 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Kav's accuser is a wacko doodle. Pussy hat wearing nevertrumper that tried to scrub her lib bias. Unsuccessful. A lib college professor that student destroyed in their after class reviews. Some saying they doubted her sanity, lol. Kav's mother presided over her parents foreclosure. This was not the surprise the Dems had hoped for.

While the allegations are relatively tame by #MeToo era standards (the incident allegedly unfolded when Kavanaugh was 17), it has apparently been enough for Democrats and a handful of turncoat moderate Republicans to successfully shut down a planned Thursday vote of the Judiciary Committee. Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake effectively shut down the vote last night when he revealed that he wanted to hear more from Ford before voting. Without Flake, the Republicans' 11-10 majority on the Judiciary Committee shifts to a 10-11 vote in favor of the Democrats. While Committee Chairman Charles Grassley has said he'd like the vote to proceed as scheduled, media reports say he is quietly working to organize a private call involving Ford and curious Senators in an effort to help mitigate their concerns.

But looking further ahead, Republican leaders might have more difficulty as Tennessee Republican Bob Corker - who is not a member of the Judiciary Committee but could still hold up the final confirmation vote - said Sunday that he'd also like to see Thursday's committee vote delayed.
    Here's more from Bloomberg:
    "I’ve made it clear that I’m not comfortable moving ahead with the vote on Thursday if we have not heard her side of the story or explored this further," said Flake, who has the power to stall consideration if all Democrats on the panel join him since Republicans only hold an 11-10 majority on the committee. Flake’s office didn’t respond to requests for comment.
    Corker of Tennessee, who isn’t a member of the panel but whose vote is critical to confirmation, also doesn’t want the committee to vote on Kavanaugh’s confirmation until Ford’s allegations can be heard, said his spokeswoman, Micah Johnson. The senator wants the allegations to be heard promptly, she said.
    The backlash intensified late Sunday when Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski told CNN that Thursday's hearing should be delayed.
    "Well, I think that might be something they might have to consider, at least having that discussion," Murkowski.
    [...]
    "This is not something that came up during the hearings. The hearings are now over. And if there is real substance to this it demands a response."
    However, at least one of the Senate's reputed moderates has stood up to the Democrats in an interview with the New York Times, castigating them for withholding this information until so late in the process (remember: Feinstein justified this decision by saying she had referred Ford's allegations to the FBI, who reportedly added them to his background check file).
    "What is puzzling to me is the Democrats, by not bringing this out earlier, after having had this information for more than six weeks, have managed to cast a cloud of doubt on both the professor and the judge," Collins told The New York Times.

Collins asked if Democrats believed Ford, "why didn't they surface this information earlier," and if they didn't believe Ford, "why did they decide at the 11th hour to release it?"

"It is really not fair to either of them the way it is was handled," Collins said.

Collins comments come after Ford spoke publicly about the alleged incident for the first time during an interview with The Washington Post that was published on Sunday.
    On Monday, in the latest sign that Ford could appear at an embarrassing public hearing, Ford's attorney, Debra Katz, told "Today" that her client would be willing to testify publicly before the Senate Judiciary Committee. "She's a credible person. These are serious allegations. And they should be addressed."
    “She has taken a polygraph. She is a credible person. These are serious allegations, and these should be addressed.”

Watch @savannahguthrie’s full interview with Debra Katz, attorney for Kavanaugh accuser pic.twitter.com/AIplgPpgqi
    — TODAY (@TODAYshow) September 17, 2018
    The White House, for its part, is standing by Kavanaugh, and allowing the Senate to sort things out. According to Bloomberg, Kellyanne Conway said Ford should not be "insulted and ignored" in what appears to be an attempt to beat the Democrats at their own virtue-signaling game.
    Still, according to a White House spokesperson, Trump isn't giving an inch. Washington Post reporter Seung Min Kim, citing WH spokesperson Kerri Kupec, reported that Judge Kavanaugh "categorically and unequivocally" denied this allegation: "This has not changed. Judge Kavanaugh and the White House both stand by that statement," she said.
    In fact, as Axios reports, Senate Republicans could "play hardball" by calling on Ford to testify before Thursday's scheduled vote. Though Republicans wouldn't surprised if Ford holds a press conference or gives a TV interview, which Axios says "would raise the stakes considerably." Chuck Schumer, meanwhile, has repeatedly called for an FBI investigation and a postponement of the vote.
    New White House statement from spox Kerri Kupec: “On Friday, Judge Kavanaugh ‘categorically and unequivocally’ denied this allegation. This has not changed. Judge Kavanaugh and the White House both stand by that statement."
    — Seung Min Kim (@seungminkim) September 17, 2018
    To be sure, the Democrats' goals here are obvious. After Sen. Corey Booker's "selfless" decision to release unauthorized documents about Kavanaugh's time in the Bush Administration failed to even delay the process, Democrats have now played their Trump card - no pun intended. Their goal: Delay Kavanaugh's confirmation at least until the Oct. 1 mark - the beginning of SCOTUS's next term - to put a halt to any controversial decisions that could reverse important precedents. Of course, their ultimate goal is to stonewall the White House until after Nov. 6, when a few victories in the midterms might allow them to sink Kavanaugh's nomination once and for all.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...firmation-vote

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    President Trump on Monday said that he is open to the Senate Judiciary Committee delaying the confirmation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh until decades-old allegations of sexual assault can be heard.
    "I want the American people to be happy because they’re getting somebody that is great. I want him to go in at the absolute highest level. And I think to do that you have to go through this. If it takes a little delay it'll take a little delay ... I'm sure it will work out very well," said Trump.
    Trump was dismissive over whether Kavanaugh should withdraw his nomination, calling it a "ridiculous question."
    President Trump comments on Judge Brett Kavanaugh nomination to #SCOTUS.

Q: "Has he offered to withdraw?"

President Trump: "Next question. What a ridiculous question." pic.twitter.com/0ardOFoGKS
    — CSPAN (@cspan) September 17, 2018
    Meanwhile, Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway said that the President as well as members of the Senate Judiciary Committee say that Blasey Ford - who says she has passed a polygraph test, "will be heard."
    "So, let me make very clear ... I have spoken with the president. I have spoken with Senator Graham and others. This woman will be heard," Conway told Fox and Friends.
    In response to the new allegation, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said "Now they choose to introduce this allegation. Not through the standard bipartisan process. Not by advising the judiciary committee colleagues and committee staff through proper channels. Oh, but by leaking it to the press."
    McConnell: "Now they choose to introduce this allegation. Not through the standard bipartisan process. Not by advising the judiciary committee colleagues and committee staff through proper channels. Oh, but by leaking it to the press." https://t.co/9edzIJFieK pic.twitter.com/Jk684rLX5Q
    — Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 17, 2018
    Senate Minority leader Chuck Schumer, meanwhile, is throwing a fit on the Senate floor - insisting that the Kavanaugh vote should be delayed until the FBI has had a chance to fully investigate, ostensibly dragging the vote out until after midterms.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...e-little-delay

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How about we get a secret document about Feinstein? I can only imagine what goodies are in that document.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    How about we get a secret document about Feinstein? I can only imagine what goodies are in that document.
    Paaassss
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

this circus is a national disgrace
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

The Senate Judiciary Committee will proceed to a planned vote on Supreme Court Nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh Thursday, sources tell Breitbart News Monday.

Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) is, according to these sources, refusing to yield to pressure over allegations of a high school attack revealed by Democrats over the weekend.

The Republican leadership came under intense pressure not only from Senate Democrats, but from moderate Republicans like Sens. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC), who indicated they would not vote for Kavanaugh without hearing Ford’s accusations out. Democrats like Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) explicitly took this as support for his call to delay the vote.
    Two sources close to the confirmation process, however, told Breitbart News that Republicans will not yield to that pressure. One claimed the Thursday vote would occur “no matter what.” The other confirmed that Chairman Grassley remains “completely committed” to the originally scheduled Thursday vote.
    Both sources also indicated Judge Kavanaugh will speak on a conference call with the Senate Judiciary Committee Monday night, where he will directly address Ford’s accusations. He has already twice categorically denied he attacked Ford and reports indicate he told Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) Monday that he was not at the party in question.

While some Senate Republicans, like Flake, Graham, and Bob Corker (R-TN) have said Ford must have an opportunity to be heard, and key moderate vote Sen. Susan Collins said Monday she wants both Ford and Kavanaugh to testify under oath, none have explicitly ruled out a Thursday vote.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ommittee-vote/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

AJ says they have more women coming ala Roy Moore. It's a coordinated attack.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Won't it be fun when after he is confirmed he casts the deciding vote to overturn Roe v Wade?

Are you entertained yet?

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Won't it be fun when after he is confirmed he casts the deciding vote to overturn Roe v Wade?

Are you entertained yet?
    I'm more entertained that his former Bush friends are throwing him to the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I'm not watching that $#@!, but if he loses just a little more hair and dons a bathrobe...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and the woman accusing him of sexual crimes will both testify next Monday over her accusation that he sexually assaulted her while they were teenagers in high school.

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), a member of the Judiciary Committee, confirmed that the public hearing will happen on Monday, September 24. It is unclear whether the vote to confirm Kavanaugh has been delayed, or if the vote will still occur and the testimony will happen anyway. We assume the former.
    Kavanaugh's accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, has a hazy recollection of the incident, admitting she doesn't specifically remember the year it happened, where the incident occurred, whose house it was, how she got there, and whether Kavanaugh and a witness (who denies the account) were already upstairs when she went up, and how she got home that night.
    The announcement of next Monday's testimonies comes after several closed door meetings by Republican members of the panel, with Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) saying: "As I said earlier, anyone who comes forward as Dr. Ford has done deserves to be heard. My staff has reached out to Dr. Ford to hear her account, and they held a follow-up call with Judge Kavanaugh this afternoon. Unfortunately, committee Democrats have refused to join us in this effort. However, to provide ample transparency, we will hold a public hearing Monday to give these recent allegations a full airing."
    As The Hill notes, Monday's hearing is sure to be a total circus:
    The public hearing will spark a media frenzy around Capitol Hill, where the allegations against have Kavanaugh drawn to the Anita Hill hearings, in which a former colleague of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas testified about allegations of sexual harassment. Thomas was confirmed despite Hill’s testimony, which was carried live on television at the time.
    The White House said on Monday that Kavanaugh is ready to testify as soon as Tuesday if the Senate asks him to. -The Hill
    “Judge Kavanaugh looks forward to a hearing where he can clear his name of this false allegation. He stands ready to testify tomorrow if the Senate is ready to hear him,” said White House spokesman Raj Shah.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ublicly-monday

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm more entertained that his former Bush friends are throwing him to the wolves.
    I disagree that he's being thrown to the wolves. I think a narrative is being created that will be used to further divide and distract, as per the Jesuit oath. Will you still think he's being thrown to the wolves even after he is confirmed?

If you were attacked would you:

A) Immediately call the police

B) Wait until one day your attacker runs for a political office and then say "oh by the way, this guy attacked me."

That's why I will NEVER believe any of these stories that follow this pattern. It doesn't seem rational to me that someone would just sit on a case like this until it becomes politically convenient to do something about it.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @5:30 Judge Swamp: I know how thorough they are(FBI). I couldn't believe the stuff they've found out about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

I go back to this point:

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    In high school??!!

I mean, they always told me about things going on my "permanent record", but I always thought it was a threat. Damn, these Dems have lost their minds.
    People do stupid things in high school. Whether or not it actually happened it is irrelevant. Unless they can find examples where this behavior is still being committed today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I go back to this point:

People do stupid things in high school. Whether or not it actually happened it is irrelevant. Unless they can find examples where this behavior is still being committed today.
    Worst case: It happened exactly as she described. Still the statute of limitations means that there is no prosecutable “crime” here.

Even if she reported this to the Police at the time it allegedly happened, there probably would have been no prosecution. She was not raped, she was not beaten. It would have been called a case of “he said, she said” drunken teenage foolishness, long before the hysteria of the #metoo political movement.

How do we know her memory of this is accurate? Did she get names mixed up? Did she remember this through some kind of lost memory hypnosis therapy with a quack?

Considered the well-worn sex-related smears by the Democrats, this unsubstantiated, previously unreported, unprosecutable “story” must be viewed with much skepticism. It’s undignified that Senators are talking about this. What’s next? Kavanaugh punched another kid in the 8th grade? He kissed a girl in kindergarten and she screamed? The Vice Principal found a Playboy magazine in his locker in High School while searching lockers for marijuana?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Lol. Should we feel sorry for Bill Kristol? The feminazis accused him and he had to spend the rest of the segment trying to appease them before they marched him to the guillotine.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast