Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polls Closing in Pennsylvania Congressional Race

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    @Swordsmyth

Loyalty to the letter:

Maybe the problem's too many voters like yourself, loyal to the party only.
    I vote third party when the candidate is significantly better, and I have never advocated anything else.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I vote third party when the candidate is significantly better, and I have never advocated anything else.
    Except the Democrat and Republican were interchangeable populist scumbags. The third party ticket was not only the one unique ticket, he was actually the only candidate with a worthy platform.

Except the Democrat and Republican were interchangeable populist scumbags. The third party ticket was not only the one unique ticket, he was actually the only candidate with a worthy platform.
    I don't live there and I didn't donate to or campaign for or even say anything about Saccone until election night, on election night I said he should ask for a recount against the Demoncrat since he is the only candidate that could.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm glad this Sac o' $#@! lost.

During a political debate, Rick Saccone made a crucial blunder, when he was asked about whether Congress should vote to legalize recreational marijuana. Saccone, for some reason, reminded voters that he opposed Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana law. Conor Lamb wisely stated, “I support medical marijuana as it exists right now as long as its carefully done and well-regulated. Too many doctors have told me that their patients need it. Too many parents have told me that it’s the cheapest and best treatment for their kids, especially kids who have seizures, so I think that’s where we start. People on both sides seem to agree on that. That’s a good way to take care of our people and I’m for it.” I’ve created a clip on C-Span where you can watch this exchange on cannabis policy.

In a race decided by just over 600 votes, being on the wrong side of an issue favored by over 80% of your state’s residents could certainly be one of the reasons that you lost. When you throw in the fact that the Libertarian candidate, who would usually be expected to siphon more votes away from the GOP candidate, as Libertarians are often caricatured as “pot-smoking Republicans,” garnered 1,372 votes himself, Saccone may have just cost himself a congressional seat by opposing medical cannabis. Let this be a lesson to candidates all across the nation (looking at you Joe Kennedy!), it is time to be on the right side of history on cannabis policy, or you’ll eventually pay the political consequences. While 2018 looks to be the year of the #BlueWave, the Green Wave is here to stay.
    https://www.weednews.co/medical-mari...-pennsylvania/

Too bad the Libertarian candidate couldn't muster up some more votes, but he made the difference in the race at least.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't live there and I didn't donate to or campaign for or even say anything about Saccone until election night, on election night I said he should ask for a recount against the Demoncrat since he is the only candidate that could.
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsmyth
    Just the way the LP likes it, nobody will ever vote 3rd party with them making it look like they can't win and all they do is play spoiler.
    Knew nothing, but ready to blame the libertarian for the defeat of a populist scumbag. Just come out, already. Give it up.

Knew nothing, but ready to blame the libertarian for the defeat of a populist scumbag. Just come out, already. Give it up.
    I didn't blame the libertarian candidate, I said the LP would be quite happy with the loss.
    The LP has in recent years done everything it can to remain irrelevant and be a drag on anyone who runs under their banner or uses the label "libertarian".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    I'm glad this Sac o' $#@! lost.

https://www.weednews.co/medical-mari...-pennsylvania/

Too bad the Libertarian candidate couldn't muster up some more votes, but he made the difference in the race at least.
    Lol, what an idiot...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I didn't blame the libertarian candidate, I said the LP would be quite happy with the loss.
    The LP has in recent years done everything it can to remain irrelevant and be a drag on anyone who runs under their banner or uses the label "libertarian".
    Yeah, you've made the loss about the LP and 3rd parties already. I don't give a $#@!, their candidate was actually good. Maybe just quit shilling Republican against Demoncrats for a while. The world won't stop turning.

Yeah, you've made the loss about the LP and 3rd parties already. I don't give a $#@!, their candidate was actually good. Maybe just quit shilling Republican against Demoncrats for a while. The world won't stop turning.
    Get lost, I can state my opinion about the LP who are doing more damage to 3rd party candidates than anyone else if I want, I never blamed the libertarian candidate or promoted Saccone, Saccone is totally at fault for his poor performance and he never should have run.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Get lost, I can state my opinion about the LP who are doing more damage to 3rd party candidates than anyone else if I want, I never blamed the libertarian candidate or promoted Saccone, Saccone is totally at fault for his poor performance and he never should have run.
    Keep backing up. There's a cliff right behind you.

Keep backing up. There's a cliff right behind you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yay, get to do this all over again in 8 months, but with redrawn voter pool

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what's the moral of the story?
    1. Don't put an abrasive reality TV character at the top of the ticket.

1b. Democracy is an absurd form of government.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    you forgot, Damn it China!
    DIC
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

With the last batch of absentee ballots counted, Lamb, a 33-year-old former prosecutor and first-time candidate, saw his edge shrink slightly, to 627 votes Wednesday out of more than 224,000 cast, according to unofficial results.
    The four counties in the Pittsburgh-area 18th District reported less than 500 uncounted provisional, military and overseas ballots.
    Based on those numbers, The New York Times late Wednesday declared Lamb the winner.
    Officials have seven days to count provisional ballots, and the deadline to receive military and overseas ballots is next Tuesday.
    With the margin so close, supporters of either candidate can ask for a recount and a GOP source said a legal challenge is also being considered.

More at: https://nypost.com/2018/03/14/conor-...ia-house-race/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just the way the LP likes it, nobody will ever vote 3rd party with them making it look like they can't win and all they do is play spoiler.
    It all depends on what one considers a win. The LP party probably didn't expect to win the seat, but they defiantly won a say in representation. The 1% that voted (L) could have shifted the race to either the (D) or (R) if that candidate appealed to them. That means the (L) must be considered when running the next election. If the (R) wants to win next time, they need to appeal to the liberty minded voter.

Republican sources are circulating prior investigations into Allegheny County election officials by Pittsburgh’s local ABC affiliate, which found the county was hiring people with criminal records and little election experience to manage polling sites on election day.

More at: http://freebeacon.com/politics/gop-c...vania-recount/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Republican Rick Saccone conceded defeat on Wednesday night to Democrat Conor Lamb in a Pennsylvania special congressional election.

Republicans mulled a recount and legal action over the Lamb's razor thin lead, however the Democrat's margin over Saccone, 60, continued to increase as officials continued to count votes.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ace-conor-lamb

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Republican Rick Saccone conceded defeat on Wednesday night to Democrat Conor Lamb in a Pennsylvania special congressional election.

Republicans mulled a recount and legal action over the Lamb's razor thin lead, however the Democrat's margin over Saccone, 60, continued to increase as officials continued to count votes.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ace-conor-lamb
    0 for 2 on recount dreams.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    0 for 2 on recount dreams.
    They don't happen as much as they should.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123