Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlotte Police Shooting and Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    i was putting myself in the position of law enforcement in this scenario. I understand officers words usually carry more weight in court. Also won't be the first time "witnesses" lie or have recollections that are untrue.
    Of course. What better position to be in?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So do you guys agree with Black Lives Matter on the matter of police shootings of black people?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    So do you guys agree with Black Lives Matter on the matter of police shootings of black people?
    For myself, yes. But, just because I believe in that does not mean I believe in the Us (black) vs. Blue (white controlled) agenda pushed by the organization. Law enforcement in this country is out of wack and headed towards the <insert Godwin's Law discriptor.> Death by cop is color blind.

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

OMG! Local news keeps interrupting "Survivor!" WTF have we become as a nation when this is possible?

I do not. In my opinion they make a big mistake by compartmentalizing the problem into race. Truthfully I think the majority of them would be ok if cops stopped shooting blacks and just shot white people. Which makes them no better than the bootlickers on the other side that automatically assume if a cop shoots a black person they must have been a thug.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    For myself, yes. But, just because I believe in that does not mean I believe in the Us (black) vs. Blue (white controlled) agenda pushed by the organization. Law enforcement in this country is out of wack and headed towards the <insert Godwin's Law discriptor.> Death by cop is color blind.
    That's my position, as well.
    There is no spoon.

Downtown Charlotte is in total riot mode; tear gas and rubber bullets meyhem.

Man shot during Charlotte demonstration against fatal police shooting

Washington Post - ‎6 hours ago‎
    News reports and posts on social media later showed police in riot gear firing tear gas and rubber bullets at the protesters and some people smashing out the windows of police cars. Activists said the violent overnight demonstrations stemmed from ...

Man fatally shot during Charlotte protest against police shooting, city says

Washington Post - ‎1 hour ago‎
    As the protest grew in size and anger, police appeared in riot gear and fired tear gas and rubber bullets. Some protesters began smashing the windows of police cars. By early Wednesday, demonstrators had shut down traffic on Interstate 85. Some opened ...

Second night of unrest in Charlotte, North Carolina, turns deadly

Yahoo News - ‎23 minutes ago‎
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Reuters) - One person was shot dead on Wednesday in a second night of unrest in Charlotte, North Carolina, officials said, as riot police fired tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse unruly protesters after the fatal police shooting ...

One person killed during protest of Charlotte police shooting

Fox News - ‎49 minutes ago‎
    City of Charlotte (@CLTgov) September 22, 2016. What started as a prayer vigil over the Tuesday shooting of 43-year-old Keith Lamont Scott turned into a night of looting and arson, as police officers used tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse violent ...

Charlotte riot: Protester killed as clashes erupt for second night in North Carolina over police shooting

Telegraph.co.uk - ‎1 hour ago‎
    The demonstrators rushed police in riot gear at a downtown Charlotte hotel and officers responded by firing rubber bullets and tear gas to disperse the crowd. The slain protester was shot by a civilian, not police, officials said. "It was confirmed not ...

1 fatally shot during uptown protests over officer-involved shooting

Charlotte Observer - ‎56 minutes ago‎
    At 9:45 p.m., police fired rubber bullets at the crowd. Protests had remained peaceful in uptown on Wednesday, after the fatal police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott. But the scene turned chaotic after 8:30 p.m., when protesters went from Marshall Park ...

1 Dead in Renewed Charlotte Violence Following Police Shooting of Black Man

Voice of America - ‎21 minutes ago‎
    Violence erupted for a second straight night in Charlotte, North Carolina, where marchers filled the streets to protest another fatal police shooting of an African-American man. City officials said one person was shot dead during the protests, but that ...

Person killed in Charlotte protests

UPI.com - ‎28 minutes ago‎
    CHARLOTTE, N.C., Sept. 21 (UPI) -- A person has been shot and killed by a civilian during a second violent night of protests in Charlotte following the police shooting of a man on Tuesday, officials said. Charlotte police in riot gear have used tear ...

12 officers injured as protests break out in Charlotte after police fatally shoot man

Commerce Journal - ‎1 hour ago‎
    The demonstrations began peacefully, but news reports and posts on social media later showed police in riot gear firing tear gas and rubber bullets at the demonstrators and some people smashing out the windows of police cars. After midnight, protesters ...

Striking images from the violent protests in Charlotte after fatal police shooting

AOL News - ‎6 hours ago‎
    Police fired tear gas and rubber bullets at residents, while protesters smashed the windows of police vehicles and news trucks. Police said 16 officers were injured during the night, though they didn't provide information on how many demonstrators had ...

1 shot dead, 2 hospitalized during 2nd night of Charlotte riots

WND.com - ‎42 minutes ago‎
    “Moments earlier, police fired tear gas at protesters at the entrance to the Omni Hotel in uptown Charlotte. Loud booms sounded, and police said explosives had been used,” the newspaper reported. “Your life is in danger, you need to move!” shouted ...

Protesters clash with police in Charlotte, North Carolina, over fatal shooting of black man Keith Lamont Scott, who ...

Telegraph.co.uk - ‎17 hours ago‎
    protestors blocked roads, setting fire to goods stolen from the backs of trucks, and flung rocks and bottles at police, who responded with volleys of teargas and rubber bullets. Police had been trying to serve an arrest warrant for different individual ...

At Least One Person Has Been Shot And Killed During The Second Night Of Charlotte Protests

UPROXX - ‎1 hour ago‎
    Police have been firing rubber bullets and launching tear gas clouds in an effort to disperse the crowd. The shooting reportedly took place outside the Omni hotel, which has locked its doors. Currently, a line of police in riot gear is not directly ...

One shot dead as hundreds protest for second night in Charlotte

ITV News - ‎54 minutes ago‎
    Charlotte Police Chief Kerr Putney described the protest as "very aggressive". Police in the city have fired rubber bullets and tear gas on protesters in a bid to break up the demonstration. Protesters first took to the North Carolina city's streets on ...

Person Killed as Police Clash with Protesters in North Carolina

teleSUR English - ‎57 minutes ago‎
    However, later on reports and social media posts showed police in riot gear firing tear gas and rubber bullets at the protesters and some people smashing the windows of police cars. The protests in Charlotte unfolded as demonstrators in Tulsa, Oklahoma ...

One dead during protests against US police shooting

Aljazeera.com - ‎45 minutes ago‎
    Charlotte Police Chief Kerr Putney did not identify the person who died or say whether the individual was taking part in the second night of protests in the city on Wednesday. Police in riot gear fired tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse ...

Protests Rock Charlotte After Police Shooting

Courthouse News Service - ‎13 hours ago‎
    The officers responded by firing rubber bullets and tear gas into the crowd. The running battle continued into the early morning hours, with protestors briefing shutting down a portion of Interstate-85. Police reportedly used flash grenades to break up ...

One dead in unrest over fatal police shooting

Sky News - ‎50 minutes ago‎
    Police then unleashed a volley of rubber bullets, tear gas and flash-bang grenades to disperse the demonstrators, who began throwing fireworks and debris at officers outside a hotel. People were also seen looting a convenience store after smashing its ...

Charlotte police shooting victim was armed with a gun, chief says after night of violent protests

MyDaytonDailyNews - ‎8 hours ago‎
    CHARLOTTE — The morning after violent protests erupted over the fatal police shooting of a black man, officials here called for peace while stressing that the man was armed and posing an “imminent deadly threat” when officers shot and killed him ...

Riots in Charlotte Following Police Shooting of Keith Lamont Scott

Reason (blog) - ‎12 hours ago‎
    From there, some demonstrators began vandalizing a police vehicle, and police shot rubber bullets and tear gas at demonstators, some of whom responded by throwing rocks and other objects at officers. Later in the evening, protesters shut down ...

Protester shot dead in Charlotte demo, police deny involvement

Press TV - ‎32 minutes ago‎
    A protester shot at a demonstration against US police brutality on African Americans has succumbed to his wounds in the state of North Carolina, the Charlotte police chief says. The protesters were marching Wednesday to denounce the police shooting of ...

Protesters, Officers Clash in the Aftermath of Keith Lamont Scott Shooting Death

The Root - ‎12 hours ago‎
    Scene from protests in Charlotte, N.C., Sept. 20, 2016, over the ... However, it was not too long before news reports and social media posts began showing police in riot gear deploying tear gas at protesters and firing rubber bullets. Some civilians ...

1 dead in protest over killing in US city

9news.com.au - ‎1 hour ago‎
    One person has been shot dead in a second night of unrest in Charlotte, North Carolina, officials said. The shooting occurred as police in riot gear fired tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse a demonstration against the fatal police shooting of a ...

Media successfully spark more riots, even though no one is sure what really happened in Charlotte

Canada Free Press - ‎11 hours ago‎
    News reports and posts on social media later showed police in riot gear firing tear gas and rubber bullets at the demonstrators and some people smashing out the windows of police cars. Early Wednesday morning, protesters shut down traffic on Interstate 85.

Police Kill Black Man In North Carolina, Clash With Protesters

teleSUR English - ‎12 hours ago‎
    News reports and posts on social media later showed police in riot gear firing tear gas and rubber bullets at the demonstrators and some people smashing out the windows of police cars. Along a stretch of I-85, protesters opened up the backs of tractor ...

Protests, injuries follow North Carolina police shooting of disabled Black man

Daily Kos - ‎18 hours ago‎
    Charlotte-Mecklenburg police were at The Village at College Downs apartment complex to deliver an outstanding warrant, they said, when they saw Scott exit a vehicle with a weapon, they say, and then get back in the vehicle. As the officers approached ...

Police Chief on Man Killed by Charlotte Cops: 'We Did Find a Weapon'

Newsmax - ‎11 hours ago‎
    Mayor Jennifer Roberts, meanwhile, called for calm after protesters blocked a highway and clashed with police in Charlotte, North Carolina, early on Wednesday morning after officers fatally shot a black man they said had a gun when they approached him

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The po-pos are suspicious IMHPOV.
    If a policeman said "good morning" to me I'd be looking for a window to see if the sun was even out.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I can only assume that it would be OK with BLM if they stuck to beating them to death like Kelly Thomas, or tying them to chairs and pepper spraying them to death like Nick Christie, or melting their faces off with flashbang grenades like Baby Bou Bou.
    Or any of the other stuff that they do to non-blacks.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where does BLM stand on Louima Abner? I mean he just had a broken mop shoved up his anus by a cop. He was black, but it wasn't a shooting, and he survived, so it's OK, right?

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Are they looting big rigs, or is tonight more of a brick and mortar shopping spree?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Not you- we don't always agree but you're cool.

The po-pos are suspicious IMHPOV.
    cool.....me? Lol. Thanks
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Are they sure this time?

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Are they sure this time?

Earplug.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Earplug.
    You must not be a reporter...

Rubber bullets yup. Earplug? lolol

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Rubber bullets yup. Earplug? lolol
    That is not a rubber bullet.

This is a rubber bullet:

It even has a fuse.

They are using explosive rubber bullets on the protesters.
    Last edited by Danke; 09-22-2016 at 12:11 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is a rubber bullet:

It even has a fuse.

looks like it is a ballistic tip...can you confirm?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

looks like it is a ballistic tip...can you confirm?
    I think @Suzanimal can explain its application and how it works.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I think @Suzanimal can explain its application and how it works.
    She is our ballistics specialist
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

This is a rubber bullet:

It even has a fuse.

Some rubber bullets dont have that at the end of the bullet very few do.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post

This is a rubber bullet:

It even has a fuse.

Some rubber bullets dont have that at the end of the bullet very few do.
    Oh gosh. Whatsamatterwit you, AngryCanadian. Heh.

no I do not
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Hands up don't shoot being a complete lie is just one of the many many cases where they have lied about shootings involving black people. BLM can $#@! off.
    I am the spoon.

A big to-do by the media about mostly nothing. A few broken windows uptown and a looted basketball merchandise store attached to the Hornets arena. Charlotte isn't really the kind of city where people go bat$#@! and start burning things down.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    gun not book, you are mistaken. But you may beleive what the MSM tells you if you choose
    Really it is entirely irrelevant. I have as much a right to carry around a book as I do a gun. To shoot me because I am holding either is tyrannical and evil. It is murder.

i guarantee you if I make a stop and the driver gets out with a gun he will be shot and it will be fatal . I will not let him point his gun at me first.
    Because you are sick and what is wrong with the system. Unrestrained violence put into the hands of arrogant thugs will always result in oppression and bloodshed.

Still it si good to know you have no problem with being a murderer. Lets me know I don't have to worry about respecting you.

i can see their concern....

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Really it is entirely irrelevant. I have as much a right to carry around a book as I do a gun. To shoot me because I am holding either is tyrannical and evil. It is murder.
    the shooter also has a right to shoot if he or she feels threatened right? Facts are, to get out of a car with a gun while ANY other person(s) are pointing a gun at you is dangerous and easily could be viewed as threatening. If it went down like it sounds, then I feel the officer could be justified. Who knows he could have been pointing his gun or attempting to? We may never know.
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast