Thread: GOP running to lose in California

GOP running to lose in California

The recent radio ad from the person running against Gavin Newsom - https://johncoxforgovernor.com/newsomville/

Does this look like a website of someone trying to win? Please share this powerful ad with your friends!

Some candidates for US House seats have zero online presence.

Please donate! Bad things will happen if Democrats win.
    Last edited by timosman; 10-12-2018 at 09:10 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The RINOs surrendered CA a long time ago.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Well it is impossible for the GOP to win in a state like California.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    It wasn't back when they quit trying.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Which is great. Nobody can blame RINOs for throwing up elections. We tried so hard but we couldn't. What else could we possibly do?

Is this a satire thread? It's a good looking website and ok radio ad to me.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Is this a satire thread? It's a good looking website and ok radio ad to me.
    https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/stat...80116320071681

The only choice for senate is either Feinstein or DeLeon both Democrats.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    The only choice for senate is either Feinstein or DeLeon both Democrats.
    Also lieutenant governor, both Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Also lieutenant governor, both Dems.

The GOP has turned its back on CA.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

“The Oligarchy of Controlled Failure“

David Hadley Update: The Same 20 year refrain, vote for (Fill in the name of candidate here) because he can raise money. (To do what?)

12/10/2018

One of my first clues the CAGOP was terminally ill was a few years ago when talking to a GOP Elected (who will remain nameless) that told me that they were not funding voter registration because they determined it would have no effect.

Read that first sentence again.

Isn’t the first function of a political party to register new voters?

What exactly is the CAGOP Chairman going to raise money for if it is not for registering voters?

Everyone thinks they know why the CAGOP got slaughtered at the ballot box. Everyone seems to agree that the CAGOP was flatfooted (once again) and did not adapt to the changes in the rules.

Will David Hadley raise money to pay the same people that failed in 2016 and 2018 to advance the ball?

In our first post about David Hadley, we took him to task for calling on the President of the United States to drop out of the 2016 Presidential Election and for calling him unfit for office. Given that a lot of the oligarchy of controlled failure are trying to pre-determine the outcome of the CAGOP Officer Elections as I type this, and many of them are openly hostile to the President as well, will David Hadley be raising money to further this group?

Repeatedly, I am being told by CAGOP insiders that “Trump is Toxic” in California, and the solution presented is to dump on the President as if somehow that will solve a problem at the ballot box. Extreme left-wing Republican Catherine Baker got ballot harvested right out of office just as fast as other more conservative members of Congress/the State Legislature did.

Given what I have seen in CAGOP Politics for 20 years, will David Hadley’s money be used to further an institutional bias against Conservative Candidates? In 2002, I watched when the CAGOP Leadership poured $10MM in to Greg Conlon (recognize that name? He has been running for Treasurer for at least 20 years) and gave then Controller Candidate Tom McClintock almost nothing. The kicker? Conlon, a moderate was down 11%, and McClintock was actually up ultimately losing by 30,000 votes statewide.

Time and Time again, regardless of who the CAGOP Chairman has been, we’ve seen “Leadership” favor liberal-moderate candidates. Even the “California Trailblazers” which claims to not have an ideological bent, favors moderates. Their officers also double as consultants for “Leadership”. (You may be hearing from some of them attempting to harvest your CAGOP Delegate Proxy Vote for the Upcoming Convention)

Will David Hadley’s Money be used in accordance with this tradition?

In my day job, I sell Insurance. I need to have something compelling to say and offer people or they can simply go buy their insurance from someone else. In the case of David Hadley, his support base is the Oligarchy of Controlled Failure. In essence David Hadley has to promise donors more of the same in order to get the same donors to give money.

PG&E, Chevron, CREPAC (the Realtors), JOBSPAC (the Chamber of Commerce), A Billionaire Donor, the Charter School People and a few others have funded so-called independent expenditure efforts for at least the last 6 years in California. They supported liberal Republicans over more Conservative Candidates. For example, they spent $3 Million attacking the author of Prop 8 Andy Pugno, $300K against Brian Dahle, $2MM in favor of Frank Bigelow’s original election, $1MM in favor of Rocky Chavez (including attacking his conservative opponent) original election, $1MM on Heath Flora (a cap and trade vote) over Ken Vogel and the list goes on.

That’s right, Millions spent choosing liberal/moderate republicans in safe seats over Conservatives. Now, these same people claim to have the solution to all that ails us – David Hadley.

The previously mentioned donors donated a fraction of what they had previously donated in 2018. <<< Read that again. Most of the Independent Efforts were directed at Statewide offices and/or Congressional Races.

David Hadley lost Re-Election despite having over $1Million AND getting massive Independent Expenditures on his behalf.

So, the existing tiny pool of donors shrunk and even when Hadley had a fair amount of money to use he lost.

And David Hadley is the candidate of the same.

The bottom line, if you are a CAGOP Delegate, you will get the letter in the mail from Kevin McCarthy and “Leadership” trying to harvest your proxy vote. Paid operatives will call you looking to Harvest your Proxy Vote. Ask questions, who is paying them? What will they do with the Proxy? What is David Hadley going to do in order to produce a different result for the CAGOP if you give these folks your proxy?

You won’t hear anything new. Now, I am laying out the case for why I am supporting Travis Allen. See below from his recent article on the Flash Report:

To win, the Republican Party must start registering Republicans voters statewide again. From community gatherings to grocery stores to immigration ceremonies, statewide voter registration must be the primary mission of the Republican Party and the cornerstone of the revitalization of Republican organizations. Street by street precinct operations must be built from the ground up, with everyday Californians recruited to protect their own neighborhoods from the ravages of Democrat machine politicians. A statewide grassroots army, drawn from 5 million California Republicans and millions more conservative minded independents, must be systematically organized, funded, and engaged.

Ordinary Californians must be given the opportunity to directly invest in rebuilding the Republican Party with a simple idea, the California 100,000: $10 a month, donated automatically by 100,000 Californians, to solely fund statewide voter registration. This ongoing funding will be independent of traditional fundraising sources, and will energize volunteer organizations to organically grow Republican majorities at every local level. After all, $10 a month is cheaper than moving to Texas.

Doing stuff like this is not glamorous and takes a lot of effort. Doing stuff like this means sharing the spotlight, not caring who gets the credit and risking losing control. Travis Allen is laying out a plan with specifics for how to re-engage the rank and file Republican Voter that has been ignored by the Oligarchy of Controlled Failure. Travis Allen is attempting to engage Republican grassroots while David Hadley and his team are attempting to Harvest Proxy votes in order to win. There is your contrast folks. It is time to break the cycle of failure – Travis Allen for CAGOP Chairman.

To be continued…
    Last edited by timosman; 02-23-2019 at 08:11 PM.