Thread: Rand : "It is not like they'd have a Jefferson around . . ."

Jan2017

Rand : "It is not like they'd have a Jefferson around . . ."

Rand said that his conversation with Mike Pompeo about Middle Eastern policy helped change his position and support the nomination
    as secretary of state.
    “What I heard from him in private — and what I think we’ll hear from him in public — is that regime change really hasn’t worked that well in the Middle East.”

Asked by an NPR reporter at the time -
    US Senator Rand Paul stated that . . . in general "It's not like these nations have a Jefferson around" to replace a dictator.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sometimes he is just so naive...

Politics 101: Private promises mean nothing.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

Dumbass Collenz weighs in yet again. Having never actually been a Senator he thinks Politics 101 actually works in anything past the election.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Having never actually been a Senator he thinks Politics 101 actually works in anything past the election.
    Wrong... I have had plenty of experience and education in functional politics. And I've been quite successful at it too.

Politics is simple, but it isn't intuitive.

If you think private promises behind closed doors coming from a politician means anything, then Hillary has some land to sell you.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I'm guessing Rand wanted to hear this promise so that he could then make it public and destroy Pompeo if/when he goes back on his word.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    I'm guessing Rand wanted to hear this promise so that he could then make it public and destroy Pompeo if/when he goes back on his word.
    Good point . . . RP also called out Bush43's "no nation building" lie :

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

In researching the radio conversation I heard on NPR, I did find Rand is taking some media heat for his Jefferson quotes (?) - I never knew.

Pompeo was IN at State anyway because of a slightly different version of a 'nuclear option' aka the "Senator Harry Reid pill" . . .
    only this fail with our political institutions was with McConnell -
    they were fully able to pull off a full confirmation vote after any potential Rand nay vote and 10-11 potential defeat in the Foreign Relations committee.
    I don't get it - they can just all make up the rules on the way.
    McConnell made Rand's stand against the former CIA Director worthless - so Rand has to choose his battles.

So sad, and now we'll have Bloody Gina coming to the plate - so all is swell again.

Last edited by Jan2017; 05-11-2018 at 08:28 AM.