Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stop the invasion

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

given the mutual exclusivity... maybe

if we have open borders it will precipitate collapse of the welfare state and fiat currency

sounds like win win win to me

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    given the mutual exclusivity... maybe

if we have open borders it will precipitate collapse of the welfare state and fiat currency

sounds like win win win to me
    If a communist state arises from the ashes is that a "win win win"?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    If a communist state arises from the ashes is that a "win win win"?
    would be about par

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

would be about par
    So you don't know of any advantages that come from living in America as opposed to the USSR?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So you don't know of any advantages that come from living in America as opposed to the USSR?

I'd suspect an industrious agorist working against the regimes wishes would find many profitable niche advantages in both circumstance.

I'd suspect an industrious agorist working against the regimes wishes would find many profitable niche advantages in both circumstance.
    I'd suspect that he would be far more likely to be killed in the USSR or Mao's China.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'd suspect that he would be far more likely to be killed in the USSR or Mao's China.
    all the killing in the mao regime happened during the leap forward; 2 or 3 years; 95% was starvation from failed economic policy... a much smaller segment was enforcement violence

a brief blip for a regime that already regulated everything

I don't know about you.. but I $#@! in a regulated toilet this morning here in the good ole land of the free.

US is already out pacing most other industrialized countries 1000:1 in killed by cop incidents

"likely to be killed" is easy to see in hindsight; but in foresight it could just as easily happen here

all it takes is a charismatic politician with a "great idea"

could be ocasio-cortez's green new deal; could be trumps trade war... depends on how far out of balance the foolish hand of the statist regulator pushes really

all the killing in the mao regime happened during the leap forward; 2 or 3 years; 95% was starvation from failed economic policy... a much smaller segment was enforcement violence

I don't know about you.. but I $#@! in a regulated toilet this morning here in the good ole land of the free.

US is already out pacing most other industrialized countries 1000:1 in killed by cop incidents

"likely to be killed" is easy to see in hindsight; but in foresight it could just as easily happen here

could be ocasio-cortez's green new deal; could be trumps trade war... depends on how far out of balance the foolish hand of the statist regulator pushes really

With each year's worth of communist invaders the great leap forward gets ever closer, at least in China and Russia it was natives vs. natives, if/when America fall the natives will be hunted by the barbarians.

If you think Zimbabwe was no worse than America then cheer it on.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

With each year's worth of communist invaders the great leap forward gets ever closer, at least in China and Russia it was natives vs. natives, if/when America fall the natives will be hunted by the barbarians.

If you think Zimbabwe was no worse than America then cheer it on.

interesting tidbit...

if you had to label one the free marketers and one the communists:

barbarians vs romans...

the romans were the commies.

Most police in the UK don't even carry guns. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/w...terror-n737551

The Vast Majority of U.K. Police Don't Carry Guns. Here's Why.

LONDON — The terrorism-linked fire aboard a Tube train, the London Bridge attack and a similar one in March near the heart of Britain's democracy may have been shocking, but authorities have known for years that such incidents were coming.

Last year — when Brits watched terrorists strike France, Germany, and Belgium — London's police chief warned it was a case of "when, not if" the U.K. joined that list.

And yet more than 90 percent of the capital's police officers carry out their daily duties without a gun. Most rely on other tools to keep their city safe: canisters of mace, handcuffs, batons and occasionally stun-guns.

This is no accident.

The Metropolitan Police, which covers most of London, was founded in 1829 on the principle of "policing by consent" rather than by force.

Giving everyday police officers guns sends the wrong message to communities, so this thinking goes, and can actually cause more problems than it solves.

Although there are higher numbers of armed police guarding Parliament, the attacker who rushed its gates in March was shot dead by a relatively rare member of the country's security forces — one who had been trained to use a firearm.

Some of these gun-wielding officers patrol the city in pairs, others are members of crack response teams — units dressed in body-armor, helmets and carrying long rifles — who are called to the scene of violent incidents like these.

In most instances, they don't use their weapons.

In the year up to March 2016, police in England and Wales only fired seven bullets. (Although these government figures do not include accidental shots, shooting out tires, or killing dangerous or injured animals.)
    Japan? https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38365729

How Japan has almost eradicated gun crime

Japan has one of the lowest rates of gun crime in the world. In 2014 there were just six gun deaths, compared to 33,599 in the US. What is the secret?

If you want to buy a gun in Japan you need patience and determination. You have to attend an all-day class, take a written exam and pass a shooting-range test with a mark of at least 95%.

There are also mental health and drugs tests. Your criminal record is checked and police look for links to extremist groups. Then they check your relatives too - and even your work colleagues. And as well as having the power to deny gun licences, police also have sweeping powers to search and seize weapons.

That's not all. Handguns are banned outright. Only shotguns and air rifles are allowed.

The law restricts the number of gun shops. In most of Japan's 40 or so prefectures there can be no more than three, and you can only buy fresh cartridges by returning the spent cartridges you bought on your last visit.

Police must be notified where the gun and the ammunition are stored - and they must be stored separately under lock and key. Police will also inspect guns once a year. And after three years your licence runs out, at which point you have to attend the course and pass the tests again.

This helps explain why mass shootings in Japan are extremely rare. When mass killings occur, the killer most often wields a knife.
    "The moment you have guns in society, you will have gun violence but I think it's about the quantity," says Overton. "If you have very few guns in society, you will almost inevitably have low levels of violence."

Japanese police officers rarely use guns and put much greater emphasis on martial arts - all are expected to become a black belt in judo. They spend more time practising kendo (fighting with bamboo swords) than learning how to use firearms.

"The response to violence is never violence, it's always to de-escalate it. Only six shots were fired by Japanese police nationwide [in 2015]," says journalist Anthony Berteaux. "What most Japanese police will do is get huge futons and essentially roll up a person who is being violent or drunk into a little burrito and carry them back to the station to calm them down."
    More at link.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8216301.html

Japan, which has strict laws for obtaining firearms, seldom has more than 10 shooting deaths a year in a population of 127 million people.
    GunPolicy.org estimates that in 2010 there were 3.78 guns per 100 people in the UK, while the US, meanwhile, is estimated to have 101 guns per 100 people.

The result has been roughly 50 to 60 gun deaths a year in England and Wales, which have a population of 56 million. Compare that to the US, a country about six times as large that has more than 160 times as many gun-related homicides.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-20-2018 at 05:08 PM.

interesting tidbit...

if you had to label one the free marketers and one the communists:

barbarians vs romans...

the romans were the commies.
    That was then, this is now, have you heard of AMLO? Or Maduro?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Most police in the UK don't even carry guns. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/w...terror-n737551

Japan? https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38365729

More at link.
    The UK simply avoids arresting criminals and Japan has a conformist culture.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The UK simply avoids arresting criminals and Japan has a conformist culture.
    We arrest too many people and lock them up at taxpayer expense. Then when they get out they have to say they are criminals which makes getting a job and becoming a productive member of society again much more difficult so they continue to be criminals since it is the only way they can survive. Our jails don't deter crime, they encourage criminals to get better at it. They become schools for crime.

https://shnny.org/research/the-price...sts-taxpayers/

The Price of Prisons: What Incarceration Costs Taxpayers

Vera Institute of Justice, 2012

This report calculates the total taxpayer cost of prisons during the 2010 fiscal year in 40 states. It finds that the prison system cost taxpayers $38.8 billion nationally. At the state level, Vera ranks New York a distant fourth in daily inmate population, well behind Texas, Calilfornia and Florida. Despite that ranking, the report concludes that New York has the highest per-inmate annual cost in the country, with each inmate costing roughly $60,000 a year. That dollar amount is nearly twice the national average.
    The national average was $31,000 per inmate.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-20-2018 at 06:16 PM.

We arrest too many people and lock them up at taxpayer expense. Then when they get out they have to say they are criminals which makes getting a job and becoming a productive member of society again much more difficult so they continue to be criminals since it is the only way they can survive. Our jails don't deter crime, they encourage criminals to get better at it. They become schools for crime.

https://shnny.org/research/the-price...sts-taxpayers/
    Moving the goalposts yet again.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

That is a very funny video! "Even deadly Flesh Eating Bacteria!" Everything is so over the top it has to be a satire.

That is a very funny video! "Even deadly Flesh Eating Bacteria!" Everything is so over the top it has to be a satire.
    You are so right. How did you become so good at connecting the dots? What should I study to become as good as you are?

I miss the days when this forum supported Ron Paul and his unequivocal defense of gun rights and the 2nd Amendment.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I miss the days when this forum supported Ron Paul and his unequivocal defense of gun rights and the 2nd Amendment.
    And what good came out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    And what good came out of it?
    Nothing...I still miss it though.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I miss the days when this forum was excited about voting.

The people here still vote, just with a lot less energy.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I have not voted at the ballot in years. I just use my positive mental energy to change things.

Bump

I'm the last one to defend cops, but for $#@!'s sake, you can't really call that an honest comparison, when UK cops are so weak and infected by the mind virus that they will not so much as lift a finger as a random colored simulates raping a white female cop.

Bet your ass if that was a native British "bloke" they would have been shot, tased or beaten to a bloody pulp.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-28-2023 at 01:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123