Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Benton: Ron Paul NOT Dropping Out of the Race

Jesse Benton: Ron Paul NOT Dropping Out of the Race

Many of you have sacrificed your money, your homes (meeting and
    events), resources and the most precious gift you have…your time.
    Many of us have all been at this in California since 2007 and we thank you.

If you have not already heard that The Ron Paul 2012 Campaign is not spending any money in Primaries at this time.
    this does not mean he is dropping out of the race. Ron Paul is still on the ballot and the delegate process is still up for grabs in California.

As always and in all campaigns it is up to you the volunteers to make it happen.

I repeat he is not dropping out of the race I got this straight from Jesse Benton.

Ron Paul Headquarters In South San Francisco
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I promise that if the campaign will let me, I would be happy to send out emails instead of whomever they have doing it now.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Maybe Jesse the genius can explain what the point of that idiotic press release was, then. This is two times in a row that Ron and the idiots surrounding him (please don't tell me they're not idiots, I know every one of them) have pulled the rug out from under a lot of people. Nuance isn't for press releases. There was zero reason to release that statement if Ron is still in the running. Zero.

It definitely helps. A direct clarification by Paul is really what's needed.

He's just telling you the truth like he always does, people are freaking out.

I think they should issue a press release and they should poke fun at the media and their insatiable desire to report on this letter, when they have ignored the delegate process and how we are WINNING.

See if they rush to stick that on their front page.

On the plus side I have heard LOTS of people saying "Ron Paul, he's out isnt he?".

Well now the nation is asking that question, and as long as we keep making noise and calling out the MSM as liars, more people will try to figure out just what the situation is with Ron's campaign.

Ironically, we may end up with more people realizing the campaign is still alive and ongoing than was the case before the letter.
    For Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I promise that if the campaign will let me, I would be happy to send out emails instead of whomever they have doing it now.
    Good idea!!!
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GRNBO View Post
    He's just telling you the truth like he always does, people are freaking out.
    I know... It's about the delegates right now, that's all. As it should have been for awhile now. Flying the round the country trying to get votes in a beauty contest doesn't make sense to me. Going after delegates does.
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

The damage has been done.

Some people, yea you too Benton, still don't understand the media and how they operate.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by dancjm View Post
    I think they should issue a press release and they should poke fun at the media and their insatiable desire to report on this letter, when they have ignored the delegate process and how we are WINNING.

See if they rush to stick that on their front page.

On the plus side I have heard LOTS of people saying "Ron Paul, he's out isnt he?".

Well now the nation is asking that question, and as long as we keep making noise and calling out the MSM as liars, more people will try to figure out just what the situation is with Ron's campaign.

Ironically, we may end up with more people realizing the campaign is still alive and ongoing than was the case before the letter.
    I think that is wishful thinking. I can't imagine a campaign doing a more incompetent thing. It truly boggles the mind. When you say "fought hard and won electoral success" instead of "fighting hard and winning electoral successes" it certainly sounds like you're quitting. Truly, truly amazing.......

Thank you Dannno.
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Quote Originally Posted by BKom View Post
    Maybe Jesse the genius can explain what the point of that idiotic press release was, then. This is two times in a row that Ron and the idiots surrounding him (please don't tell me they're not idiots, I know every one of them) have pulled the rug out from under a lot of people. Nuance isn't for press releases. There was zero reason to release that statement if Ron is still in the running. Zero.
    pretty sure RP is not the one leading what is being said, sent, etc...its his staff leadership that is bumbling these communications issues...his job is not to run the campaign..or pass out fliers, send emails whatever...there's no need to blame RP , he has plenty on his plate...
    Life long democrat recently turned RonPaulitan

Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple
    "I like that guys spunk."

Half an hour ago, in the car, I heard Ron Paul's name mentioned on the radio for the first time in my country. "Now that Ron Paul has dropped out for lack of funds, Mitt Romney and Barack Obama are going to battle it out". And now I read it's very questionable.
    Reading more...

Yes, the mainstream narrative is "Ron Paul Dropped Out of the Race", so that's it. How stupid to send that press release saying something nobody can understand. Why didn't he just stop campaigning, without having to tell the world that he stopped. He's done now. That was stupid!

It's hard to believe these people running the campaign are truly this dumb. Really. There can not be this completely inept. It's impossible to believe. What a complete waste of everyone's time. Total and complete waste of all our money and effort to be wiped out by complete dumbasses.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    press conference.. cmon press conference.

Relax.We all know the plan and were going to see this through.Stay positive.Your negative comments don't help at all.

I didn't look at the campaign site before. Did it always preface this email "statement on the campaign going forward"?

http://t.co/uYbSqkaL

PREFACE ONLY:

RON PAUL STATEMENT ON CAMPAIGN GOING FORWARD
    “WE WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE LEADERSHIP POSITIONS, WIN DELEGATES, AND CARRY A STRONG MESSAGE TO THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION THAT LIBERTY IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE.” – RON PAUL

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul issued the following statement to supporters and the general public concerning the continuation of his historic bid for the GOP nomination.

The statement tees up forthcoming information the campaign will release concerning its fruitful delegate-attainment strategy still occurring at delegate-selection events such as state conventions ahead of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

Below please find comments from Congressman Paul:
    then the email you already saw
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Ron Paul is simply a truth teller.

His email didn't say anything about dropping out of the race. He said there isn't enough money: "Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have." Goldman Sachs has a printing press.

It is up to us to finish this fight for freedom.

"I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned."

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." - Pericles, 430 B.C.

everyone needs to chill out.

it's going to be what it's going to be.

RON PAUL IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

I don't know about this...

Unless the letter was specifically written to try and throw everyone off, to help with the winning of delegates they already have in the bank in upcoming states by lulling everyone else into thinking there is no threat, then this appears to be a poorly executed email. I mean, now on top of everything else, now the campaign needs to fight the media to just prove your candidate is still in the race. And as many have said, soft support will go fast. Unless there is a bigger plan to come from this announcement so that as Stossel said "Everyone will know Ron Paul" and "He is gonna catch on next week." Otherwise, why broadcast you're trimming down your efforts due to funding?

Why did Benton and the campaign agree to allow the RNC and Victory fund work with Romney? To build the war chest, as some have said, so Paul can sweep in and claim it with funds from corporations that would not give to Paul; or because they knew Romney was going to get the nod, so they just gave in?

What about Charlie the Cheater? Ballot stuffing? Dirty games? And no action taken on these issues? Why no attacks on Flip?

Was this email a reverse psychology way to try and raise money (which it does not give anyone any warm and fuzzies about donating); or a poorly written way to not say you are dropping out and just focusing the resources you have (which you don't need to broadcast), when it sounds like you are on that road to dropping out by the way the email came across.

I am dedicated to Dr. Paul's message 1,000%. I am dedicated to Dr. Paul winning in 2012. But I am torn as to the execution of this campaign and what they are thinking sometimes.

RON PAUL STATEMENT ON CAMPAIGN GOING FORWARD
    “WE WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE LEADERSHIP POSITIONS, WIN DELEGATES, AND CARRY A STRONG MESSAGE TO THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION THAT LIBERTY IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE.” – RON PAUL
    If the execution of the Campaign for Liberty after 2008 is any indication of the plans for after this race, then this whole thing has been a puppet show for "plans that are bigger than now." Carry a strong message is the goal? That is it? Screw that. I want to win. Not treat Mittens with kid gloves and "carry a strong message."

Diplomacy is a fantastic attribute, but this is a battle for liberty, and battles take balls.
    Last edited by Thor; 05-14-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Paul spent nothing in Virginia and is winning delegates anyway. He spent nothing in North Carolina or Arizona either and won delegates there too. Doesn't appear that anything has really changed.

He knows he will continue to collect delegates, and is throwing the mainstream the story they wanted to publish.
    Last edited by MozoVote; 05-14-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MozoVote View Post
    Paul spent nothing in Virginia and is winning delegates anyway. He spent nothing in North Carolina or Arizona either and won delegates there too. Doesn't appear that anything has really changed..
    It's a good point. Another point is if Paul is really a non-factor and Romney is a shoo-in, why are they fighting his supporters so hard at these conventions? If Romney was the anointed nominee, he should be welcoming the new people Paul is bringing into the party.

I think the bottom line is it was simply a poorly written e-mail.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MozoVote View Post
    Paul spent nothing in Virginia and is winning delegates anyway. He spent nothing in North Carolina or Arizona either and won delegates there too. Doesn't appear that anything has really changed.

He knows he will continue to collect delegates, and is throwing the mainstream the story they wanted to publish.
    But do you tell the world your funds are short and lose lots of soft support? Just keep chugging along and keep your mouth shut. Unless there is a bigger picture plan, I think it was a bad move.
    Last edited by Thor; 05-14-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

In 2008, at his rally in Houston, Ron Paul didn't say he was dropping out of the race. It was something to the effect of "We're moving forward".. At least I didn't hear it. And neither did any of the people I talked to after the rally.

Lets put this into perspective. So far, Ron Paul is only hinting at dropping out. At least that's the idea that most people are getting. Why are they taking it that way? More than likely, it's really what he's hinting at. Even though he's not going to say it. (yet)

But because he hasn't said it yet, then I propose a "We're still behind you Ron" money bomb. One that will be bigger than the record breaking one in 08. One that will set the record straight. We're in it to win. But, only if Ron Paul is not dropping out. And we have a clear promise from Ron Paul and the campaign that he will stay until the money is gone.

Money bomb a bad idea? There's been so many. And many of us are tapped out. Ron is probably just as tapped out.
    But if it's money he needs, then money he shall get.

But think of this. If Ron Paul didn't campaign, run ads or anything else, and still walked away with the GOP nomination, wouldn't that just be a kick in the pants for team Romney? Who's spent hundreds of millions so far just trying to beat the other establishment candidates?
    Last edited by hrdman2luv; 05-14-2012 at 05:36 PM.

WE need to go to Tampa. Just saying, Dannno...
    “The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure.”
    - Albert Einstein
    "I strongly support Ron Paul. We very badly need to have more Representatives who understand in a principled way the importance of property rights and religious freedom."
    - Milton Friedman

TO: All Media
    FOR: Immediate Release
    RE: Paul Campaign

It came as quite a shock to the Ron Paul campaign today when it was plastered all over Drudge, AP and every other MSM outlet that we are suspending our campaign. In an email to supporters, Jesse Benton laid out a new strategy moving forward. For whatever reason, the media took this as the campaign "calling it quits."

The campaign was amused by the torrent of reaction, mostly because the Ron Paul campaign has been completely ignored during the entire primary season by those same outlets that posted stories regarding the "dropping out" within seconds of the emails' dissemination.

So, to clarify: Ron Paul has not dropped out of the race for Republican Nominee for the POTUS. The MSM may go back to ignore mode. Thank you.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post
    Yes, the mainstream narrative is "Ron Paul Dropped Out of the Race", so that's it. How stupid to send that press release saying something nobody can understand. Why didn't he just stop campaigning, without having to tell the world that he stopped. He's done now. That was stupid!
    Ron is not stupid. It is everyone else that has reading comprehension problems. I can not believe it myself. He said he did not have the money for big ads in the remaining states. That is true--we did not get him enough money. That does not mean our strategy is not working, and he NEVER said suspend nor end in that letter. Sometimes, you guys....

Still the Original Press Release was a major blunder by the Campaign!!!! The damage is MASSIVE, maybe not to loyal RP Supporters that frequent the RP Forum, but to those Republican Voters that had an interest in looking at Ron.

Those voters will be much harder to reach now, especially in Texas and California. The Phone from Campaign and the RP Grassroots going door to door will have a much much more difficult time.

To show you the damage within our ranks, the California RP Campaign just sent me an URGENT email begging me not to stop fighting for Ron in the Golden State and that he has not dropped out.

Just for the Director to have to write such an e-mail to loyal supporters shows the damage done by today's ill conceived press release by the Campaign. This is a very low point, let's hope tomorrow is better!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast