Thread: Where The US Housing Market Is Heading

Where The US Housing Market Is Heading

What do you think, does that negative range mean an actual dive?

An extra, this guy The Economic Ninja, talks about the Fed Reserve [Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)]

Last edited by Mach; 02-06-2023 at 08:07 PM.
    FJB

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where I live, here in flyover country, the economy shelled out in 1981 or so and hasn't recovered.

Since then, there has, of course, been steadily rising property prices, but we are insulated from high peaks and deep dips.

I'm doubting that this will be a deal here where I live.

As they say, location, location, location.

Here like anywhere I would guess things could slide but so far the high interest has only effected lower priced and starter homes. High end homes and commercial construction has kept on chooglin'
    Do something Danke

The decline in housing values will sharpen this summer, when for the first time in a very long time, warm weather doesn't equate to a healthier marketplace. Transaction volumes will decline. Deals will lock up as banks are less willing to lend. Then, later in the fall, fears will seep into the public... fears that those who purchased in recent years are going to be underwater for a very long time. Fears that net worth is not what it used to be... that 800,000 home is now lucky to see 600,000... and then, over the next 10-15 years, generational collapse demographically will dissipate demand. There will be a glut of homes. The government will convert them to free housing for immigrants and welfare recipients.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Here like anywhere I would guess things could slide but so far the high interest has only effected lower priced and starter homes. High end homes and commercial construction has kept on chooglin'
    Look at how many homes are for sale in a particular zip code, then look at how many have recently sold. Lots of homes for sale, they are all sitting.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst