Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you President Trump. The economy just keeps choogling along...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I was talking with my shift manager the other day. I was bitching about the overtime and how we didn't even have anyone in training despite them saying they would be hiring. He told me he just was at a local conference of all the county manufacturers. The conference was about how to attract new hires. The team leading the conference pretty much told them they were $#@!ed. Our county currently has 1.9% unemployment. Which pretty much means the only ones not working are the ones not able or willing to. They told them the only options were higher wages and better benefits. Works for me.
    Trump is also pushing people off welfare so there should be more people willing to work.

But it's long past time that wages went up in this country anyway.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump is also pushing people off welfare so there should be more people willing to work.

But it's long past time that wages went up in this country anyway.
    We'll all have lots of digital crypto company scrip to buy life necessities from the Wal-Azon company store!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    He claims its 'the best economy the world has ever seen' and people believe this crap... consumer confidence is high but its only going to last so long
    Hate to say I told you but the crisis we warned about is here.

Now get ready for President Biden. The recession is going to hit in time for the elections.

@phill4paul

Perhaps all that "choogling" was, in actuality, just the first faint rumblings of the death rattle and gasp as they made their way up through the corpse? Time will tell.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Now get ready for President Biden. The recession is going to hit in time for the elections.

@phill4paul
    Great. Then Swordsmyth will be replaced by some idiot pushing Biden slurping.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

@phill4paul
    I wouldn't be making any predictions just yet. November is a ways off.

And guess what? President Biden means HIGHER taxes and even more government meddling. 4 years of more crisis. This is so bad.

Trump could have come clean years ago and demanded a balanced budget, spending cuts and real reforms. Instead he presided over massive increases in gov't spending and debt. He will be remembered as a complete failure along with Bush and Obama. Not much between them is there? At least he didn't start s new war though but only because he knows the people are sick of war and would not support one.

@phill4paul
    LOL

The stockmarket is not the economy and the virus panic is still in full swing but it won't last.

Trump will be re-elected and things will continue to choogle.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Great. Then Swordsmyth will be replaced by some idiot pushing Biden slurping.
    So when Herbert Hoover Trump gets himself beat by the worst Democrat nominee since Hubert Humphrey, they'll replace our Swordshyll with a Plowshyll?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

LOL

The stockmarket is not the economy and the virus panic is still in full swing but it won't last.

Unless it's going up, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Unless it's going up, of course.
    Not then either.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not then either.
    What about when the President constantly points to the stock market as proof of the most greaterific wonderfullest economy ever?

...which definitely wasn't a giant inflationary bubble in need of ever more inflation as said President was always demanding?

What about when the President constantly points to the stock market as proof of the most greaterific wonderfullest economy ever?

...which definitely wasn't a giant inflationary bubble in need of ever more inflation as said President was always demanding?
    He has to tell lies to mislead The Derp State (TDS ©2016)
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

He can campaign any way he wants but the stock market has been disconnected from the real economy for a long time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He can campaign any way he wants but the stock market has been disconnected from the real economy for a long time.
    His cheering on of the Fed as it loots the country to enrich Wall Street must be a cunning plan to destroy the banker cabal somehow...

...heart disease from excessive caviar consumption?

His cheering on of the Fed as it loots the country to enrich Wall Street must be a cunning plan to destroy the banker cabal somehow...

He has been blaming them for our economic troubles, when he makes them the enemy in the minds of the public he can get the support to end them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He's bleeding them through campaign contributions and kickbacks.

He has been blaming them for our economic troubles, when he makes them the enemy in the minds of the public he can get the support to end them.
    Can't foment a revolution against the bankers until you help the bankers cause everyone else real pain, don'tchaknow.

Hey. Just because you're screwing people doesn't mean you don't love them.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He has to tell lies to mislead The Derp State (TDS ©2016)
    A) Argue about the meaning of words like "cut", "spending", "military", "entitlement", "increase", and "budget"
    B) Tell us that their authoritarian idol really didn't mean what he said
    C) Tell us that this is a brilliant move in a game of 3-D chess that only trumpettes are capable of understanding
    D) Tell us that it's ok because obomba did it first
    E) Tell us that it's ok because it would have been horrible if clinton had done the very same thing
    F) Tell us that this is what Liberty and Freedom really mean
    G) Call CPUd names

Publicly encouraging the Fed to print more money, in order to get them to print less money, was a brilliant strategy, but, alas, it's not quite working. It turns out, inexplicably, that telling the Fed to print more money causes them to print more money. And, what's even more shocking, telling the public that money printing is good causes them to believe that money printing is good. No one could have predicted this. Poor Trump, his plans for sound money and fiscal rectitude in tatters..
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 03-16-2020 at 08:00 PM.

A) Argue about the meaning of words like "cut", "spending", "military", "entitlement", "increase", and "budget"
    B) Tell us that their authoritarian idol really didn't mean what he said
    C) Tell us that this is a brilliant move in a game of 3-D chess that only trumpettes are capable of understanding
    D) Tell us that it's ok because obomba did it first
    E) Tell us that it's ok because it would have been horrible if clinton had done the very same thing
    F) Tell us that this is what Liberty and Freedom really mean
    G) Call CPUd names
    Yeah, you're right. I was thinking that, "Explain he has to help the rest of the oligarchs screw us all to make your neighbors mad enough to revolt" was a new one. But it's just Strategy C ratcheted up to Level: Insanity.

Same old same old.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking that, "Explain he has to help the rest of the oligarchs screw us all to make your neighbors mad enough to revolt" was a new one. But it's just Strategy C ratcheted up to Level: Insanity.

Same old same old.
    The writers are just phoning it in at this point, like the last season of a sitcom, which it kind of is.

LOL

Yeah...It is a lot of LOL....Cause that's not what your butt munch buddy Trump has been saying.

If the economy was his when it was at 29K, then HE OWNS it when it's at 20K
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

He's bleeding them through campaign contributions and kickbacks.

Can't foment a revolution against the bankers until you help the bankers cause everyone else real pain, don'tchaknow.

Hey. Just because you're screwing people doesn't mean you don't love them.
    Bleeding Wall St dry by being the greatest day trader of all time. Buy the lows, order PPT to start up, send fake news tweet and give a presser, watch 5% ramp, sell the top after the presser ends. Killin' the deep state one insider trade at a time.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm already sick and tired of "winning" if that's what we're doing now.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm already sick and tired of "winning" if that's what we're doing now.
    It's called choogling...

Looks like this.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Some of us did warn about a bubble forming.

Though I agree gloating is not nice. Jobs and livelihoods are on the line.

Just do what you gotta do.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...49943719727104

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

Looks like this.

The Dow has officially erased all gains minted during the Trump presidency

Ben Winck
    Mar. 18, 2020, 12:48 PM

The Dow Jones industrial average on Wednesday slid below the level seen at President Donald Trump's inauguration.
    It plunged to 19,727.33 around 12:30 p.m. ET as Trump's coronavirus task force delivered an address. That was below the Dow's close at 19,732.40 on January 19, 2017, the day before Trump's inauguration.
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...0-3-1029009600

Once again, the wonderful numbers including GDP are based on the feds spending over a trillion a year (now at least doubling that) of fiat currency they don’t have.

We better hope that the gig isn’t up, or what is beginning to happen right now will make the Great Depression look weak by comparison. Most people were rural farmers then...

Do you even Ron Paul, bro?

How are those GDP numbers going to look next quarter with everything shut down? Enough with the cheerleading. $#@!’s about to get real.

BTW, that $#@!ing tweet is from 2017.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast