Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin Shot and Killed Female Cinematographer, Injured Director on Movie Set

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    How was that an accident? How did a gun fire without the trigger being pulled? This requires some liberal thinking skills.
    I believe he did admit to pulling back the hammer.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yeah, I saw that part of the interview. He pulled back the hammer and then let it go. And that is one way to fire those old six-shooters. Surely if he is making a western he has seen someone fanning the hammer and shooting that way in another movie?

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Piece of wood pulls hammer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHLS7VrBb3w
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If it was not a "Slip Gun", https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slip%20gun

he still needed to pull the trigger.

Related Question

Which is more dangerous,? a Slip Gun,, or the person that would carry a Slip Gun?
    Last edited by pcosmar; 12-02-2021 at 10:29 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I totally believe Baldwin would go around emphasizing that he did not pull the trigger, knowing that people would hear it and be so "shocked" just for free publicity.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    If it was not a "Slip Gun", https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slip%20gun

Related Question

Which is more dangerous,? a Slip Gun,, or the person that would carry a Slip Gun?
    One fact we know: there was a round under the hammer. It fired.

I don't see how it makes any difference if Baldwin was pulling the trigger, but it appears he thinks it absolves him of some responsibility. He may be using the fact that those guns are prone to accidental firing if there is a round under the hammer, to try to make himself seem less negligent. But I don't see how that changes the facts. There was a live round, ready to fire. That should not have been there under any circumstances. He aimed it at the people, nothing changes that fact.

Related Question

Doesn't this potential always exist when the hammer is not fully drawn back and the trigger is not engaged yet ?
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Doesn't this potential always exist when the hammer is not fully drawn back and the trigger is not engaged yet ?
    Yes. If the hammer is not drawn back far enough to lock, nor eased forward gently, yes, it can still move the firing pin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hammer has a Half cock. and full cock.

Trigger must be depressed/released for the hammer to fall..
    A hammer in the un-cocked position over a live round could be slammed and fired.. (dropped or struck)

Trigger releases both Cocked and Half-Cocked.

unless the gun has been modified or worn out to an unsafe condition.

I learned to quick Draw with Black Powder revolvers.
    I have a dangerous habit,,I draw with the trigger pulled..before I clear leather.

My thumb becomes my trigger finger.

I have never accidentally discharged a firearm.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 12-03-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Alec Baldwin “what could I have done

You could have checked the damn gun yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    How was that an accident? How did a gun fire without the trigger being pulled? This requires some liberal thinking skills.
    Another evil gun "just went off". /sarc
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    I totally believe Baldwin would go around emphasizing that he did not pull the trigger, knowing that people would hear it and be so "shocked" just for free publicity.
    His lawyers should have told him to just STFU and stay off the public interview circuit.

Or maybe they did, but his ego just couldn't resist.

Hammer has a Half cock. and full cock.

Trigger must be depressed/released for the hammer to fall..
    A hammer in the un-cocked position over a live round could be slammed and fired.. (dropped or struck)

Trigger releases both Cocked and Half-Cocked.

unless the gun has been modified or worn out to an unsafe condition.

I learned to quick Draw with Black Powder revolvers.
    I have a dangerous habit,,I draw with the trigger pulled..before I clear leather.

My thumb becomes my trigger finger.

I have never accidentally discharged a firearm.
    So my question is, on any average revolver [not modified], can you manipulate the hammer in any way where it will strike the firing pin with sufficient force to set off a bullet/cartridge without being restrained by the trigger mechanism. As in, can you pull it back just before it engages the mechanism and release in order to fire the round ?
    "I am a bird"

So my question is, on any average revolver [not modified], can you manipulate the hammer in any way where it will strike the firing pin with sufficient force to set off a bullet/cartridge without being restrained by the trigger mechanism. As in, can you pull it back just before it engages the mechanism and release in order to fire the round ?
    A better question would be, did they bring an average revolver to the set of a film about something that happened 150 years ago?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    A better question would be, did they bring an average revolver to the set of a film about something that happened 150 years ago?
    Good question. I do not for a second accept that a gun fires itself. The rest of the case can be debated but guns do not fire themselves.
    "I am a bird"

From what you are describing,, No..
    The gun would be out of battery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-battery

Last edited by pcosmar; 12-03-2021 at 05:30 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

If the idiot who was pulling back the hammer already had the trigger depressed while he was cocking it, it would fire when the hammer was released.

Whether loaded, unloaded, "safe," finger off trigger...

It doesn't matter. You do NOT point a weapon at another individual. Unless you are sincere in causing harm or death.

You may show me a gun is unloaded. You may allow me to recheck that it is unloaded. If at that point you STILL sweep me I'm going to lay you on your ass.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good question. I do not for a second accept that a gun fires itself. The rest of the case can be debated but guns do not fire themselves.
    Correct. The hammer has a spring. Compressing the spring gives the hammer enough energy to set off the cap (we're talking pre American Civil War now) or drive the firing pin into the powder end of the cartridge. A double action links the trigger so it can push the hammer back. But one of those levers must be moved. The revolver doesn't capture any energy and use it to work any mechanism except what is manually applied to it.

Baldwin had no respect for the gun or his victim. Neither one. The bottom line is this:

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Whether loaded, unloaded, "safe," finger off trigger...

It doesn't matter. You do NOT point a weapon at another individual. Unless you are sincere in causing harm or death.

You may show me a gun is unloaded. You may allow me to recheck that it is unloaded. If at that point you STILL sweep me I'm going to lay you on your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    If the idiot who was pulling back the hammer already had the trigger depressed while he was cocking it, it would fire when the hammer was released.
    Cylinder turns as well,, as the hammer is drawn.

Half way still moves the cylinder OUT of Battery. Won't fire. it's a Mechanical thing.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Half way still moves the cylinder OUT of Battery. Won't fire. it's a Mechanical thing.
    I just took my Colt Navy out and held the trigger down while pulling back the hammer. As long as I pull the hammer all the way back, before letting go of it, it will fire.

I just took my Colt Navy out and held the trigger down while pulling back the hammer. As long as I pull the hammer all the way back, before letting go of it, it will fire.
    Where is the Cylinder lined up? at what point does it start to move? (Out of Battery)
    Fully back should line up the cylinder..

I had a Walker Flash fire once.. (out of battery) Exciting,, but that is a drawback common to BP revolvers.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

It's a mechanical thing. Exactly. Mr. Baldwin, its behavior is much more predictable than yours. Crying doesn't change that.

That is also how I learned to quick draw.. Finger on the trigger before it is drawn,, thumb draw the hammer back as I draw.

Clear leather and release the hammer.

Don't draw against me.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    His lawyers should have told him to just STFU and stay off the public interview circuit.

Or maybe they did, but his ego just couldn't resist.
    Baldwin Will Talk Himself INTO PRISON! Viva Frei Vlawg
    He just keeps talking.
    https://rumble.com/vq718v-baldwin-wi...rei-vlawg.html

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm surprised Baldwin even did an interview. All he's doing is digging his own grave.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Bet he'll start blaming the person that gave him the prop gun.
    How did you know? You must be psychic.

Either that, or you've seen sociopaths with an exaggerated sense of entitlement squirm before.

Second half of the middle paragraph.. if true... WOW.....

https://twitter.com/DarnelSugarfoo/s...75321816440843
    He contradicted the hell out of this eyewitness. If he was asked to point the thing at the camera and play with the hammer, the injured assistant director would know. I wonder if that person is more interested in his career, or justice?

Behavior Panel on the roadside interview:

They're doing a live analysis of the Stephanopoulos interview in about an hour...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Stephanopoulos interview analysis:

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

There is far too much variety to call anything an “average” revolver. There is single action and double action. There are a variety of models, especially more modern ones, that have additional safety features such as transfer bar between the hammer and firing pin.

I just assume that he had some type of period piece, which would be a single action.

You are correct, a gun won’t fire itself, but the gun can drop or be struck with an object such that it will fire, especially if it is an old western six shooter with the firing pin in contact with the bullet primer.

Baldwin admits to pulling on the hammer. Releasing the hammer back too fast can be enough force to ignite the primer and fire the gun. Or he may have pulled the trigger at some point.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast