Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: I'm starting the 3-day Apple Cleanse this Wednesday (3/12). Want to join me?

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    Are you going to stop trolling me with your mean spirited rep comments no one else can see? Have some guts and post your grievances publicly.
    tell us what shes saying?? is she saying all pushy vegans need to die???

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He deliberately derailed the thread before, and now he's doing it again and playing Stalin to boot by calling me unstable because I neg repped him for being a concern troll.

Here was my "unstable" rep comment to him:

Thread: Gun-loving Florida mom shot by 4-year-old son hours after bragging he ‘gets jacked up’ to shoo
    @@ Oh and go shill for Bernie elsewhere, statist. Besides, we're all stocked up here.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    tell us what shes saying?? is she saying all pushy vegans need to die???
    Who's being a pushy vegan?

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    He deliberately derailed the thread before, and now he's doing it again and playing Stalin to boot by calling me unstable because I neg repped him for being a concern troll.

Here was my "unstable" rep comment to him:
    the guy is an out and out admitted statist... Hes probably paid to come here like others... im starting to have serious doubts about this place

the guy is an out and out admitted statist..
    You accusing me of being an admitted statist?

Since you're so fond of issuing directives, farreri, here's one for you: Stop derailing this fast thread, and if you want to publicly whine about me, start a thread in the proper subforum.

ON topic, saw this yesterday:

Fasting Diets Are Gaining Acceptance
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/0...ng-acceptance/

Fasting to improve health dates back thousands of years, with Hippocrates and Plato among its earliest proponents. Dr. Mattson argues that humans are well suited for it: For much of human history, sporadic access to food was likely the norm, especially for hunter-gatherers. As a result, we’ve evolved with livers and muscles that store quickly accessible carbohydrates in the form of glycogen, and our fat tissue holds long-lasting energy reserves that can sustain the body for weeks when food is not available.

“From an evolutionary perspective, it’s pretty clear that our ancestors did not eat three meals a day plus snacks,” Dr. Mattson said.

Across the world, millions of people fast periodically for religious and spiritual reasons. But some are now looking at the practice as a source of health and longevity.

Valter Longo, the director of the Longevity Institute at the University of Southern California, initially studied fasting in mice that showed that two to five days of fasting each month reduced biomarkers for diabetes, cancer and heart disease. The research has since been expanded to people, and scientists saw a similar reduction in disease risk factors.

Dr. Longo said the health benefits of fasting might result from the fact that fasting lowers insulin and another hormone called insulinlike growth factor, or IGF-1, which is linked to cancer and diabetes. Lowering these hormones may slow cell growth and development, which in turn helps slow the aging process and reduces risk factors for disease.

“When you have low insulin and low IGF-1, the body goes into a state of maintenance, a state of standby,” Dr. Longo said. “There is not a lot of push for cells to grow, and in general the cells enter a protected mode.”
    Lots more at the link.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    You accusing me of being an admitted statist?
    i dont need to accuse you.. you say it with every post.

i dont need to accuse you.. you say it with every post.
    A person who makes allegations, but can't back them up is just a troll.

All anyone needs to do is look at your posting history, farerri. When you bother to post about politics, that is, and you're not shoving high carb low fat diets down everyone's throats.

Back on topic...

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/0...ng-acceptance/

Dr. Mattson is now starting a rigorous clinical trial of people 55 to 70 years old who are prediabetic and at high risk for developing Alzheimer’s disease. He plans to study whether intermittent fasting may slow cognitive decline.

Dr. David Ludwig, a professor of nutrition at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health, said one benefit of fasting is that it forces the body to shift from using glucose for fuel to using fat. During this process, the fat is converted to compounds known as ketones, a “clean” energy source that burns more efficiently than glucose, like high-octane gasoline, Dr. Ludwig said.

The same process, known as ketosis, occurs when people go on extremely low-carb, high-fat diets. Dr. Ludwig said ketones seem to have unique effects on the brain. High-fat diets, for example, have been used for years to treat people who suffer from epileptic seizures.

“There are extensive reports of children who had debilitating seizures who were cured on ketogenic diets,” Dr. Ludwig said. “If it benefits the brain to prevent seizures, then maybe it benefits the brain in other ways.”
    --Albert J. Nock

All anyone needs to do is look at your posting history, farerri. When you bother to post about politics, that is
    What about that thread makes me a statist?

and you're not shoving high carb low fat diets down everyone's throats.
    Do you bitch at those here shoving low carb diets down everyone's throats?

problem.. troll
    solution.. ignore button
    done
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    problem.. troll
    solution.. ignore button
    done

Lucille just recruited me for another crApple Cleanse. Anyone want to join?

We're starting Tuesday, btw. You will look hawt for the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I might be in this time.. but mine has got to be apples and celery.. too much apple is too much sugar for me
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I might be in this time.. but mine has got to be apples and celery.. too much apple is too much sugar for me
    Kewl...starting tomorrow. I gained 10 lbs in Buffalo. Not kidding. My BIL stopped by today and said I looked bloated.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Chester Copperpot

We're starting Tuesday, btw. You will look hawt for the weekend.
    right now i need all the calories i can get. but ive done that many years ago... its good for getting rid of bloat for sure

right now i need all the calories i can get. but ive done that many years ago... its good for getting rid of bloat for sure
    Geez, I feel pregnant. It's disgusting. All I've eaten since Saturday is a bowl of black beans, a salad, some grapes and a handful of walnuts. I've also been drinking tons of water. I've dropped three pounds but I can still only fit in my fat pants.

I think we need a thread title change (the date)

and I've been informed that I'm not allowed to start the fast on my birthday.. seems there are plans that have been kept from me

Geez, I feel pregnant. It's disgusting. All I've eaten since Saturday is a bowl of black beans, a salad, some grapes and a handful of walnuts. I've also been drinking tons of water. I've dropped three pounds but I can still only fit in my fat pants.
    You need something to scare the $#@! out of you.

Put this in your kitchen:

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You need something to scare the $#@! out of you.

Put this in your kitchen:
    Hell no, my whole family would leave and I would be a fat lonely animal.

I bought a 4lb bag of Tempo apples yesterday. It said on the description that they're like Honeycrisp. HC are my favorites but they were all big and I can't eat a whole big apple. I also picked up a new Sudookie book yesterday in anticipation of the giant crap that's coming - hopefully. Cheese really binds me up. I don't eat it often and when I do, I regret it.

Chester Copperpot

When Edgar Cayce discussed this diet he said the Jonathan variety of apple was the best although any apple would work okay... Ive never been able to find Jonathan apples anywhere.. Closest Ive found are Jonagold which is a cross between Jonathan and Golden delicious.... When I did this fast I used red delicious but only lasted 2 days and then went crazy at midnight because of a friend's taunting and started making macaroni & cheese, bologna sandwiches and other things.

Youre never hungry on this diet however you do get tired of tasting only apples and start craving all sorts of flavors

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When Edgar Cayce discussed this diet he said the Jonathan variety of apple was the best although any apple would work okay... Ive never been able to find Jonathan apples anywhere.. Closest Ive found are Jonagold which is a cross between Jonathan and Golden delicious.... When I did this fast I used red delicious but only lasted 2 days and then went crazy at midnight because of a friend's taunting and started making macaroni & cheese, bologna sandwiches and other things.

Youre never hungry on this diet however you do get tired of tasting only apples and start craving all sorts of flavors
    It doesn't really bother me. I generally eat to live, not live to eat, anyway. If I feel full, I'm good. The oil shot grosses me out, though.

I find Jonathan's all over the place. I might pick up a few.

Tempos are good, btw. They're smaller Honeycrisps.

Kewl...starting tomorrow. I gained 10 lbs in Buffalo. Not kidding. My BIL stopped by today and said I looked bloated.
    I'm bloated too! This will take care of that.

I've never found them either. All one store had were Gala and Fuji. I got enough for the three days, if I decide to do it that long. I thought I might try two this time. Going to see how I feel.

I get cravings. None yet but it's only been an hour!
    --Albert J. Nock

DS's buttered toast smells so good!
    --Albert J. Nock

Chester Copperpot

damn i wish i could try that. i think ill try some buttered toast.. im hungry for taste... i had an ear of corn on the cob from chilis yesterday.. it was good but i had to eat it slowly to taste it... if youve never tried their corn on the cob.. i highly recommend it... i dont know how they make it but the taste is awesome

I'm bloated too! This will take care of that.

I've never found them either. All one store had were Gala and Fuji. I got enough for the three days, if I decide to do it that long. I thought I might try two this time. Going to see how I feel.

I get cravings. None yet but it's only been an hour!
    You might want to keep a journal while you do this, so this way you can look back and see what you were craving. It might be a good indication that your body is deficient in some vitamins and minerals.

Use cinnamon and some nutmeg to help you get through it.

Also some water with a splash of Raw Unfiltered Apple cider vinegar with MOTHER may help too.

I plan to do this next week, it is too hectic for me this week.

Best wishes to all you all.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

My kids asked what I was making for dinner and I told them there was salad in the fridge but I was just having an apple. What did they do? They decided to fry up a bunch of bacon for their salad. Four pounds of bacon. It smells good but I'm not a pussy. Man up, Lucille!!! If I can resist bacon, you can resist some buttered toast.

damn i wish i could try that. i think ill try some buttered toast.. im hungry for taste... i had an ear of corn on the cob from chilis yesterday.. it was good but i had to eat it slowly to taste it... if youve never tried their corn on the cob.. i highly recommend it... i dont know how they make it but the taste is awesome
    You are the first person I've ever heard of who has never had corn on the cob.
    Well, you can shuck the corn and boil it or you can grill it in the husk - my favorite way. Super easy.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast