Thread: MD - Seven grade school kids slash wrists with pencil sharpener blades

Exclamation MD - Seven grade school kids slash wrists with pencil sharpener blades

School's response?

Ban pencil sharpeners, of course.

I wonder if it ever, ever occurs to any government employed re-educators that maybe, just maybe, the reason kids shoot your facilities up and 10 year old kids slash their wrists in a mass suicide attempt, is because of the mind numbing, stultifying government prisons you have created and force them into for years?

That might also explain huffing gasoline, eating Tide laundry soap and snuffing rubbers up their noses.

7 Prince George's County elementary students cut wrists at school, officials say

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/7-prince-...-officials-say

By: Matt Ackland, fox5dc.com staff

Posted: Apr 17 2018 01:40PM EDT

Video Posted: Apr 17 2018 05:31PM EDT

Updated: Apr 18 2018 11:03AM EDT

HYATTSVILLE, Md. - Seven students at an elementary school in Prince George’s County cut their wrists at school using blades from pencil sharpeners, according to officials.

Officials with Prince George’s County Public Schools said a concerned parent at William Paca Elementary School in Hyattsville came forward on March 29 and an investigation was launched.

It was revealed that the students used blades out of pencil sharpeners to cut themselves, officials stated.
    photo

All seven students were seen by the school nurse and none of the children were taken to the hospital, according to officials. School counselors were brought in to speak with the students.

Officials announced a ban on pencil sharpeners at the school in a message sent to parents on March 29 and said they worked to contact the families of students involved over spring break, which was between April 2 and April 6.

Several concerned parents questioned why the school waited until Tuesday to alert all parents of the incident. Prince George’s County Public Schools released the following statement to FOX 5:

The school's first priority was identifying students who may have engaged in this activity and contacting their parents to offer support. The investigation continued through spring break and after. The parents of seven students were contacted first to offer support.

During the investigation, messages were sent to all parents banning the use of handheld pencil sharpers as there are classroom pencil sharpeners available. The investigation has concluded. Today, a letter was sent to all parents informing them of the incidents, guidance lessons being taught in school, and counseling resources available if parents or students have concerns.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You have no idea.... just how horrendous a school system can be, until you've attended a PG County school.
    I was a prisoner for 9 years.

Huh, I wonder what m/f breakdown on that was.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    You have no idea.... just how horrendous a school system can be, until you've attended a PG County school.
    I was a prisoner for 9 years.
    Let me offer you my condolences. I am sure things have gotten better by now.

— but parents were only notified nearly three weeks later.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/18...eks-later.html
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I don't get it, wouldn't the parents notice the cut when the kid got home?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I don't get it, wouldn't the parents notice the cut when the kid got home?
    I think they meant all the other parents, so they could run around and freak out properly.

We used to sneak our pocket knives into school. We'd sharpen them and then test out the sharpness on our forearms. It would make a mark, but it left no permanent scar. We also wanted to be like Al Capone, but not carve up our faces. We also put pen notches on our shoes when we cut class.

I wonder if this whole thing is just being dramatic. Kids do like to mess around with sharp objects. I still like to do that!

Drama queens today.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Daycare is a rough and tumble place.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    We used to sneak our pocket knives into school. We'd sharpen them and then test out the sharpness on our forearms. It would make a mark, but it left no permanent scar. We also wanted to be like Al Capone, but not carve up our faces. We also put pen notches on our shoes when we cut class.

I wonder if this whole thing is just being dramatic. Kids do like to mess around with sharp objects. I still like to do that!

Drama queens today.
    Whatever it takes to convince you we are not living in a dog eat dog world. Becomes really handy when you enter the workplace. Everybody gets a trophy.

P.U.F.

parental unit failure
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    P.U.F.

parental unit failure
    Thinking so..

But 7 kids doing the same stupid thing,, in an institutional setting,,, warrants investigation.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

Drama queens today.
    In HS we wore Buck 110's with curved mosquito hemostats (roach clip) in the sheath on our belts, shot guns and deer rifle in the rack of the P/U...

WTF is wrong with people today?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In HS we wore Buck 110's with curved mosquito hemostats (roach clip) in the sheath on our belts, shot guns and deer rifle in the rack of the P/U...

WTF is wrong with people today?
    "as a twig is bent,, so the tree grows."

They got Bent.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

This should have been done a long time ago.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Thinking so..

But 7 kids doing the same stupid thing,, in an institutional setting,,, warrants investigation.
    How many of those kids were on psychotropic drugs?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So how long before some kids, stab themselves with pencils?

Just when you think these public schools can't get any more ridiculous, this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So how long before some kids, stab themselves with pencils?
    My search fu is weak, I was sure I read a story where a school was banning roller ink pens because they could be a weapon, but I can't find it.

Maybe somebody else can grab it.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    How many of those kids were on psychotropic drugs?
    Another very good question.. and who is whispering in these children's ears?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom