Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sen. Flake says he'll retire

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Wow, someone please remind me when Ron Paul was well-treated, supported, and not mocked by the Republican Party.

And please remind me just when the Republican Party had a Ron Paul sensibility to it.
    The RP republicans are Rand, Amish, Massie. Trump has attacked and tried to defeat 2 out of three. Trump is loved on these forums.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Why didn't you include the rest of the republican senate? You will see the average then.
    Because I don't care about average, the fact that other scum are worse doesn't make him any better especially when he used to be better and he is getting worse.

I listed others with similar records so we could see what benchmark he was performing at.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kelli Ward the candidate being pushed on these forums is a card carrying Trump Republican.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

The RP republicans are Rand, Amish, Massie. Trump has attacked and tried to defeat 2 out of three. Trump is loved on these forums.
    Trump has more haters here than those who love him, most of us are somewhere in-between.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Because I don't care about average, the fact that other scum are worse doesn't make him any better especially when he used to be better and he is getting worse.

I listed others with similar records so we could see what benchmark he was performing at.
    And what you proved was that he is right with the top rated republicans which is above average if you believe in RP principals.

Trump has more haters here than those who love him, most of us are somewhere in-between.
    The face of the forum is SOLIDLY pro trump. If Trump was being scored on voting he would probably at 30%.

You seem to be all over the place.

Trump has insulted Rand several times, yet Rand is one of the few people that has his ear to try to accomplish something worthwhile. Rand has character and is playing the long game. Flake is a neocon bitch.

If you are blaming Trump and "trumpism" for Flake leaving, I say God Bless Trump.

Are you Trump deranged?
    Last edited by sparebulb; 10-24-2017 at 05:46 PM.

You seem to be all over the place.

Are you Trump deranged?
    No I would say that would be you.

And what you proved was that he is right with the top rated republicans which is above average if you believe in RP principals.
    Top rated?

Sen. James Risch - 80%
    Sen. Ted Cruz - 82%
    Sen. Rand Paul - 93%
    Sen. Mike Lee - 92%

Those are top rated

Another one in the 70% league I forgot the first time:
    Sen. Benjamin Sasse - 75%

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The face of the forum is SOLIDLY pro trump.
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Top rated?

Sen. James Risch - 80%
    Sen. Ted Cruz - 82%
    Sen. Rand Paul - 93%
    Sen. Mike Lee - 92%

Those are top rated

Another one in the 70% league I forgot the first time:
    Sen. Benjamin Sasse - 75%
    And you think replacing Flake with a card carrying trump supporter is a step up? Whatever. I may donate to the democrat just for spite.

And you think replacing Flake with a card carrying trump supporter is a step up?
    I never said what I think of Ward, I don't know enough about her.

Whatever. I may donate to the democrat just for spite.
    I'm sure you would.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And you think replacing Flake with a card carrying trump supporter is a step up? Whatever. I may donate to the democrat just for spite.
    You are fully deranged.

I doubt that there is a cure.

However, your severed head could be studied and the derangement could be verified.

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    i live and vote in az , i have always voted for flake , i liked him when he was in the house and the senate .

the main reasons i like him is he is not a bobble head or a puppet , he does love america .

its seams to me the last few potus think they are kings .
    Yeah I don't think this is good. Ward is running on being a yes woman. Flake seemed to be taking a stand against the bad path (imo) the GOP has started on. He wasn't perfect but I thought he was a voice of reason.

You are fully deranged.

I doubt that there is a cure.

However, your severed head could be studied and the derangement could be verified.

The Trump derangement hit these forums two years ago. Since I don't comment about politics on FB I have to drop into these former RP supporting forums to vent. Seeing the solid shift to Trump republicanism is what it is.

The face of the forum is SOLIDLY pro trump. If Trump was being scored on voting he would probably at 30%.
    BS.

Not BS.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    BS.

Not BS.
    The face of the forum which is the threads being posted slant pro trump. I drop in every once is a while to check hoping it will change.

The Trump derangement hit these forums two years ago. Since I don't comment about politics on FB I have to drop into these former RP supporting forums to vent. Seeing the solid shift to Trump republicanism is what it is.
    I deduce that anyone that can define what "trumpism" or "Trump republicanism" really actually is, is most likely a person who actually suffers from Trump derangement.

The proof being that Trump principles, in actuality, are so very mobile and changeable, that only a person with numbed perceptions actually believe that they can pin a tail on that donkey.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I deduce that anyone that can define what "trumpism" or "Trump republicanism" really actually is, is most likely a person who actually suffers from Trump derangement.

The proof being that Trump principles, in actuality, are so very mobile and changeable, that only a person with numbed perceptions actually believe that they can pin a tail on that donkey.
    Trumpism and trump republicanism follow, support and defend Trump no matter where he stands from day to day or what he says.

This will help for easy clean up when your trump derangement progresses to smearing your poop on the walls.

I more aligned with Rand's style of politics than ever before, he was the only Senator that did not rise and applaud Flake's, self-righteous burn my bridges speech.

Way to go Rand to support the President, he has the vision to see where the winds are blowing in America, and Flake doesn't.

I guess he just Flaked out

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    I more aligned with Rand's style of politics than ever before, he was the only Senator that did not rise and applaud Flake's, self-righteous burn my bridges speech.

Way to go Rand to support the President, he has the vision to see where the winds are blowing in America, and Flake doesn't.

I guess he just Flaked out
    Trump is also self-righteous; maybe he and Flake aren't so different at heart. I don't know if Rand stood for Flake's speech or he didn't, but I'd sooner assume that if Rand didn't stand, it was just a crappy speech. Or maybe Rand was kind of pissed Flake is leaving, only for a Trumpster to take his vote. Maybe he's essentially gambling a liberty-leaning(?) seat, so as Brian4Liberty says Flake steal the election back. Maybe Rand doesn't like that kind of politics. Though like nobody's_hero pointed out, maybe Flake doesn't belong if he's got a career politician's mindset - let him find a career in some anti-populist populist lobby. Those are only a couple reasons Rand could have for choosing not to stand and applaud Flake.

like i said , the last 4 potus have been more of kings than potus , flake is not a member of the royal family .

the repub party now would have drummed ronald reagan out , when the 200 marines were killed in beirut reagan got us the hell out of there .

flake will not be the last to leave , sort of like the budweiser beer commercial , dilly-dilly
    Last edited by ILUVRP; 10-24-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Sen. Jeff Flake, an Arizona Republican, announced Tuesday he would not run for re-election in 2018, condemning in a speech aimed at President Donald Trump the "flagrant disregard of truth and decency" Flake says is undermining American democracy."There are times we must risk our careers," Flake said in a speech on the Senate floor. "Now is such a time."

Flake, who has criticized the path that the Republican Party has taken under Trump, said the impulse "to threaten and scapegoat" could turn America and the GOP into a "fearful, backward-looking people" and a "fearful, backward- looking party." Flake didn't mention Trump by name, but clearly was directing his remarks at the president and his administration.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-g...-election.html

So Jeff talks for 17 minutes about standing up for his "principles" only to quit and go home. Only a child would believe such a fairy tale.

BTW this has nothing to do with Trump, Bannon or the Nationalist Army of America First Supporters coming for his head. Jeff would run if he had any donors left. Jeff's (Wall Street) donors know he's exposed and therefore damaged goods. They've decided to invest their funny money on a candidate (puppet) that will produce actual returns on their investment i.e. have a chance of getting electing and proceeding with business as usual. Poor Jeff
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" - Sam Adams

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Using Jeff Flake and his corresponding thread as the catalyst to pointing out the floundering and faults of the board may not be the wisest decision in the world, but to each his own.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flake the RINO
    We must never regard as "normal" the regular and casual undermining of our democratic norms and ideals.
    He admits to being a democrat...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

he's a big baby that was gonna lose re-election anyway. "Boo hoo trump says mean things I can't take it anymore!"

He's a career politician that has no interest in supporting the things we care about. Term limits? Audit the fed? Balanced budget? Smaller government? End the drug war?
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If he can't Senate he should get the hell out?
    Yep .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast